What is a “Mission” on Empire Avenue?
Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
- 55,779 hits
- 50 (Cheap!) Professional Development Classes Anyone Can Take ln.is/www.themuse.co… via @dailymuse 1 hour ago
- Sally K Witt, Internet Success 4 You! is out! ln.is/paper.li/sally… Stories via @_TweetManiac 1 hour ago
- Sept 24th Bringing Together #SF Community & #Tech Leaders goo.gl/r28ULf via @invisiblepeople #imastartup I ⊕ I-donate-my-voice.For-additional.info/click-the-link… 1 hour ago
- RT @Logik007: #FF #XeeMe Stars: @SallyKWitt @WendySoucie @purgly @hgwoudboer @RodneyPike @MQtodd 4 hours ago
- RT @alexasapdotcom: The Empire Avenue Daily is out! paper.li/alexasapdotcom… Stories via @KavalkadeKrew @sallykwitt 4 hours ago
- Do Artificial Sweeteners Cause More Harm Than Good?No doubt you've heard about the recent study that links artificial sweeteners with an increased risk of diabetes. Published in the September 17 issue of Nature, the Israeli study showed that eating just an average amount of saccharin, aspartame, and sucralose (say, some Nutrasweet in your coffee and a couple Diet Cokes during the day) seems to alter the […]mmessing
- 5 Simple Ways To Cut 500 CaloriesOne pound of fat is equal to about 3,500 calories, and to shed one pound of fat in a week you would need to eat about 500 fewer calories every day. To do that you could run an hour a day, seven days a week, or you simply make some ordinary changes like these: BreakfastSwap out your morning bagel for a bowl of high-fiber cereal with half a cup of fiber-rich r […]szdanow
- You’re Just 30 Seconds Away From Becoming A Better RunnerIf you’re a dedicated runner, you’ve probably got quads of steel. But to run farther and faster, it’s just as important to strengthen your hamstrings, according to a new study published in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. Why? It all comes down to your running economy, or how efficiently your body uses oxygen. It’s kind of like buying a car […]vwolk
- The Completely Natural, Science-Backed Migraine SolutionIf, like me, you're part of the 13% of Americans who experience migraines, you know that sometimes, all the medicine in the world can't even touch that explosion in your head. So for many of us, the goal becomes keeping them from happening in the first place—and new research shows yoga could help with that. read morevwolk
- 3 Simple Moves That Fight Knee And Hip PainIf you’re like us, you’ve probably never paid your ankles much attention. But it turns out they can make a big difference in how you feel. “Over the years, thanks to inactivity, our ankles tend to lose flexibility and range of motion,” says Bruce Mack, cofounder of MBSC Thrive Functional Training. read moreemFrey
- The Unbelievable Speed A Virus Can Spread Around Your OfficeWell this news will make you want to quarantine yourself inside your cubicle: Viruses can spread through buildings in just a few short hours, according to a new study presented at the 54th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. Raise your hand if you have the sudden urge to take a hot shower! Researchers from the University of Ariz […]szdanow
- 7 Times You Should Definitely Have SexChances are, you don't need any extra excuses to get it on, but it turns out that certain moments can be even better than others for having sex. Total game-changer, right? Check out the best times ever to get busy: read moreszdanow
- How Old Is Your Body Really? Find Out In 7 MovesFind out with this quick and easy at-home test based on the Thrive assessment originally developed by Gray Cook, cocreator of the Functional Movement Screen. Our word of warning: Prepare to be humbled. What you'll need: Masking tape, a 4-foot dowel (a broomstick works), and a doorway (32" to 36" wide) How to do it: Follow the directions for ea […]mmessing
- 6 Strength Training Mistakes You're MakingWe live in a time in which our good friend, Google, can attempt to answer any question. And while it's awesome that we can find so much info, it's sometimes hard to decipher which tips are totally helpful and which are totally B.S. To help separate the two, we asked six trainers for the absolute worst strength-training advice they've ever hear […]mmessing
- More Than Half Of Cancer Deaths Can Be Prevented, Finds A New ReportHere's some sobering news: The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) predicts more than 585,000 Americans will die of cancer in 2015. And half of those deaths could have been avoided with just a few lifestyle changes. read morevwolk