Rally for the Unemployed December 8 – Success and Drama at the Same time!
Robin wrote a tremendous summary of the event yesterday, along with an invitation to our next two activities, so I am copying it here..
See the videos on the next post!
Our groups work together to bring awareness and progressive change for Bucks County!
BuxMont CFPA – Cathy Leary, Bill Deckert
Moveon.org Bucks County Council – Joan King and Sally Witt
Penn Action – Robin Stelly
National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare – Pedro A. Rodriguez
- 55,819 hits
- @omdirect Your tweet is now featured on my @RebelMouse http://t.co/v6g9qyionu *bump it* rbl.ms/1iMjdMP 2 minutes ago
- Navigating shadow organizations in the workplace | Bobbie LaPorte fb.me/3EVLEqLsf 2 minutes ago
- RT @rictownsend: Navigating shadow organizations in the workplace bit.ly/YQmo32 #orglearn #careersuccess #richardtownsend 4 minutes ago
- RT @rictownsend: Public Relations & The Imminent Death of “Spin” bit.ly/XxMztI #careersuccess #orglearn #richardtownsend 4 minutes ago
- RT @omdirect: Scientific reason to ignore trolls! m.psychologytoday.com/blog/your-onli… Bonus: test to find out if you ARE a troll 4 minutes ago
- This Is How Diet Soda Can Make You Gain WeightThe whole point of sugar substitutes is that they give you the same sweet taste with none of the calories so that you can lose weight and be healthy. Too bad they may actually do the opposite, according to research from the Weizmann Institute of Science. While this counterintuitive fact has baffled researchers for some time, this new study seems to have disc […]emFrey
- 10-Minute Dinner Recipes For Busy WomenWe’ve all been there: long hours in the office, a late-night workout, or just a feeling of being dog-tired and don’t want to spend a bunch of time whipping up a healthy dinner. Though not quite ready to cave into Seamless, either—arg! Read on for the go-to, 10-minute recipes of healthy women, when an hour in the kitchen just isn’t going to happen. The Dish: […]ABeal
- Do Artificial Sweeteners Cause More Harm Than Good?No doubt you've heard about the recent study that links artificial sweeteners with an increased risk of diabetes. Published in the September 17 issue of Nature, the Israeli study showed that eating just an average amount of saccharin, aspartame, and sucralose (say, some Nutrasweet in your coffee and a couple Diet Cokes during the day) seems to alter the […]mmessing
- 5 Simple Ways To Cut 500 CaloriesOne pound of fat is equal to about 3,500 calories, and to shed one pound of fat in a week you would need to eat about 500 fewer calories every day. To do that you could run an hour a day, seven days a week, or you simply make some ordinary changes like these: BreakfastSwap out your morning bagel for a bowl of high-fiber cereal with half a cup of fiber-rich r […]szdanow
- You’re Just 30 Seconds Away From Becoming A Better RunnerIf you’re a dedicated runner, you’ve probably got quads of steel. But to run farther and faster, it’s just as important to strengthen your hamstrings, according to a new study published in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. Why? It all comes down to your running economy, or how efficiently your body uses oxygen. It’s kind of like buying a car […]vwolk
- The Completely Natural, Science-Backed Migraine SolutionIf, like me, you're part of the 13% of Americans who experience migraines, you know that sometimes, all the medicine in the world can't even touch that explosion in your head. So for many of us, the goal becomes keeping them from happening in the first place—and new research shows yoga could help with that. read morevwolk
- 3 Simple Moves That Fight Knee And Hip PainIf you’re like us, you’ve probably never paid your ankles much attention. But it turns out they can make a big difference in how you feel. “Over the years, thanks to inactivity, our ankles tend to lose flexibility and range of motion,” says Bruce Mack, cofounder of MBSC Thrive Functional Training. read moreemFrey
- The Unbelievable Speed A Virus Can Spread Around Your OfficeWell this news will make you want to quarantine yourself inside your cubicle: Viruses can spread through buildings in just a few short hours, according to a new study presented at the 54th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. Raise your hand if you have the sudden urge to take a hot shower! Researchers from the University of Ariz […]szdanow
- 7 Times You Should Definitely Have SexChances are, you don't need any extra excuses to get it on, but it turns out that certain moments can be even better than others for having sex. Total game-changer, right? Check out the best times ever to get busy: read moreszdanow
- How Old Is Your Body Really? Find Out In 7 MovesFind out with this quick and easy at-home test based on the Thrive assessment originally developed by Gray Cook, cocreator of the Functional Movement Screen. Our word of warning: Prepare to be humbled. What you'll need: Masking tape, a 4-foot dowel (a broomstick works), and a doorway (32" to 36" wide) How to do it: Follow the directions for ea […]mmessing