Yes He Can? Bank Settlement Rally today at Bank of America in Newtown, PA Bucks County
All over the country Moveon.org had councils running rallies today (January 19, 2012) to show President Obama how seriously we take the Banking/Mortgage Crisis!
We ended up with 43 wonderfully dedicated supporters at the Rally in Bucks County. It was cold, but exciting!
This is the message that was delivered to the Philadelphia office of the Obama campaign office about the Pennsylvania signers to the online Petition-
Dear President Obama,
More than 13600 Pennsylvania residents and 358,477 people nationwide have signed a petition that says: “President
Obama: Hold Wall Street banks accountable by fully investigating the big bank fraud that caused the housing
We’re delivering these signatures today to urge you, President Obama, to stand up for the millions of Americans
hurt by Wall Street greed.
We’re counting on you.
Pennsylvania MoveOn members
We had petitions for people to sign at the event as well, and 23 attendees signed.
The camera got a big wild on this one, but you can see most of the people there, and great messages from Robin Stelly and Bob Mason!
Lynda Mintz talking about Foreclosures and the viewing party January 24 for the State of the Union
Robin Stelly submitted this great overview to the papers after the event!
Press Release For:
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Local Residents Hold Protest at Bank of America; Mark Anniversary of Citizens United Decision and Demand President Obama Stand Up to the Big Banks and Order a Federal Investigation
On Thursday, January 19, over 40 supporters of Penn Action and MoveOn.org rallied at the Bank of America in Newtown, PA to mark the one year anniversary of the Citizens United decision and demand that President Obama hold the big banks accountable for the foreclosure crisis by ordering a federal investigation opposing a sweetheart deal that would give them immunity from investigation.
Dozens of Bucks County residents held signs reminding passers by that “Corporations are Not People,” asking for the end of “Corporate Welfare” and demanding an investigation of the financial sector’s role in the country’s foreclosure crisis. “Corporations are not people. Corporations have used their status as people to use the amendments from the Bill of Rights to pursue their own selfish interests and this has got to stop,” said Bob Mason of Levittown. The event was part of a national day of action called “Yes He Can” taking place across the country at Obama for America (OFA) campaign offices in all 50 states and at local offices of some of the biggest banks. Participants called on President Obama to stand strong with the 99% and make sure the big banks are held accountable.
Our groups work together to bring awareness and progressive change for Bucks County!
Moveon.org Bucks County Council - Joan King and Sally Witt
Penn Action - Robin Stelly
BuxMont CFPA - Cathy Leary, Bill Deckert
National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare - Pedro A. Rodriguez
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- 45,573 hits
- HP Slider 5.20.13 bit.ly/13E4nmy 41 minutes ago
- fb.me/2o6m1NcTZ 2 hours ago
- Super Bowl ticket lottery a Hail Mary for football fans: Winning allows fans to by tickets to the big game at ... usat.ly/16y5jML 11 hours ago
- Controversial Viral Video Tells Viewers to “#Fitch the Homeless.”: Writer Greg Karber is giving Abercrombie & ... bit.ly/16y4vaK 11 hours ago
- Tell @BLMNational: Ban #fracking on federal lands bit.ly/109Cz8I via @CREDOMobile 12 hours ago
- HP Slider 5.20.13Slider Slide HED: Allergies? What Allergies? Slider Slide DEK: 10 seasonal allergy treatments for the relief you need Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Problem Solved: 10 Solutions For Seasonal Allergies Slider Slide HED: Putting The Brakes On A Binge Slider Slide DEK: 10 science-backed ways to take control […]ABeal
- HP Slider 5.19.13Slider Slide HED: Stressed? Slider Slide DEK: Why you should book a hot stone massage ASAP Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Hot Stone Massage Slider Slide HED: Natural Menopause Solutions Slider Slide DEK: 14 gentle ways to ease symptoms Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link […]ABeal
- HP Slider 5.18.13Slider Slide HED: Target Your Trouble Spots Slider Slide DEK: The very best moves for your most stubborn areas Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Love Your Whole Body! Slider Slide HED: Sure, Beans Are Good For You Slider Slide DEK: But does it matter if they're fresh or canned? Here's what to know […]ABeal
- Bye-Bye Gray Hair—for Good?Just when going gray started getting chic (hello, Helen Mirren, Jamie Lee Curtis, and George Clooney!), the root cause of gray hair and a treatment for stopping it in its tracks was found by a group of researchers from Germany’s E.M. Arndt University of Greifswald and the UK’s University of Bradford. It all boils down to an enzyme called catalase that breaks […]crossi
- Grapefruit Lovers, Rejoice!Your love affair with grapefruit is within good reason—it has the power to lower “bad” LDL cholesterol, is high in vitamin C, and can even help lighten up dark elbows and knees (seriously!). But if you avoided the ruby reds for fear they might interfere with your medications, the results of a new study meta-analysis published in Expert Opinion on Drug Metabo […]nelias
- How Many Sweets Can I Eat?Reader question: What percentage of my daily caloric intake can come from sweets/whatever I want? Ashley’s answer: Here's the only problem with lots of sweets: When the body can’t produce enough insulin to take the sugar into the cells, you put yourself at risk for elevated blood sugar levels (which can lead to diabetes), plus chronic inflammation, incr […]aoaklan1
- Don't Trash It!Despite efforts to keep oceans clean, they're trashier, finds a recent report from the Ocean Conservancy. How trashy? More than 10 million pounds, says Nicholas Mallos, conservation biologist and marine debris specialist. "We found a tremendous amount of trash this year, as we do every year." But this year was one for the record books: the thi […]scastillo
- Can Probiotics Help You Lose Weight?Probiotics are so hot right now. Every week bring news of another benefit tied to these tiny bacteria, which naturally congregate by the millions in your gut and intestines. Recent research has shown probiotics can aid digestion and ward off illness. Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]katelynhw
- HP Slider 5.17.13Slider Slide HED: Warm Weather Means One Thing Slider Slide DEK: Ice cream! Here's how to indulge without regret. Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Waistline-Friendly Ice Cream Treats Slider Slide HED: Hold The Unsolicited Advice Slider Slide DEK: Keep-the-peace rules for parenting adult kids Slider Sl […]ABeal
- Where The Salt HidesSlideshow Caption: 6 “healthy” foods with sky-high sodium counts Date Published: Thu, 05/16/2013 Meta Tags Last Edited / Created By / Date Edited Last Edited By: katelynhw Created By: katelynhw Ad Tags Enable 2nd Ad unit: Disable 2nd Ad unit Facebook Comments: 0 Slides Image: Slide Body: A bowl of cereal for breakfast. Deli turkey on whole-grain brea […]katelynhw