Yes He Can? Bank Settlement Rally today at Bank of America in Newtown, PA Bucks County
All over the country Moveon.org had councils running rallies today (January 19, 2012) to show President Obama how seriously we take the Banking/Mortgage Crisis!
We ended up with 43 wonderfully dedicated supporters at the Rally in Bucks County. It was cold, but exciting!
This is the message that was delivered to the Philadelphia office of the Obama campaign office about the Pennsylvania signers to the online Petition-
Dear President Obama,
More than 13600 Pennsylvania residents and 358,477 people nationwide have signed a petition that says: “President
Obama: Hold Wall Street banks accountable by fully investigating the big bank fraud that caused the housing
We’re delivering these signatures today to urge you, President Obama, to stand up for the millions of Americans
hurt by Wall Street greed.
We’re counting on you.
Pennsylvania MoveOn members
We had petitions for people to sign at the event as well, and 23 attendees signed.
The camera got a big wild on this one, but you can see most of the people there, and great messages from Robin Stelly and Bob Mason!
Lynda Mintz talking about Foreclosures and the viewing party January 24 for the State of the Union
Robin Stelly submitted this great overview to the papers after the event!
Press Release For:
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Local Residents Hold Protest at Bank of America; Mark Anniversary of Citizens United Decision and Demand President Obama Stand Up to the Big Banks and Order a Federal Investigation
On Thursday, January 19, over 40 supporters of Penn Action and MoveOn.org rallied at the Bank of America in Newtown, PA to mark the one year anniversary of the Citizens United decision and demand that President Obama hold the big banks accountable for the foreclosure crisis by ordering a federal investigation opposing a sweetheart deal that would give them immunity from investigation.
Dozens of Bucks County residents held signs reminding passers by that “Corporations are Not People,” asking for the end of “Corporate Welfare” and demanding an investigation of the financial sector’s role in the country’s foreclosure crisis. “Corporations are not people. Corporations have used their status as people to use the amendments from the Bill of Rights to pursue their own selfish interests and this has got to stop,” said Bob Mason of Levittown. The event was part of a national day of action called “Yes He Can” taking place across the country at Obama for America (OFA) campaign offices in all 50 states and at local offices of some of the biggest banks. Participants called on President Obama to stand strong with the 99% and make sure the big banks are held accountable.
Our groups work together to bring awareness and progressive change for Bucks County!
Moveon.org Bucks County Council - Joan King and Sally Witt
Penn Action - Robin Stelly
BuxMont CFPA - Cathy Leary, Bill Deckert
National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare - Pedro A. Rodriguez
- 53,630 hits
- Today stats: 12 followers, 11 unfollowers and followed 4 people via Unfollowers.com/?s=dt 1 hour ago
- RT @today830: @openetworker @sallykwitt @D_Dobbie @bmw4free @Aligned_ @bmw_free @RJBailey Thanks for following PHOTOS http://t.co/r4vV… 4 hours ago
- RT @natelaclaire: @sallykwitt Your tweet makes my page better: rbl.ms/1mWSmEo 4 hours ago
- RT @lizza_butterfly: Ty! #WonderfulSunday #HappyEaster :) @sallykwitt @dicajunior54 @FirehouseMike @simonlporter @IPOmaven 4 hours ago
- LOL! (LOL!) plus.google.com/photos/1084389… 4 hours ago
- HP Slider 4.20.14Slider Slide HED: Your Stomach On Stress Slider Slide DEK: This is what happens to your poor belly when you worry so much Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Ask Dr. Stork: Can Stress Give You Stomach Cramps? Slider Slide HED: 23 Ways To Eat Clean Slider Slide DEK: Simple swaps you can make today Slider Slide […]ABeal
- HP Slider 4.19.14Slider Slide HED: Why You Just Can't Lose Weight Slider Slide DEK: Prevention's RD weighs in on what it'll take to make real change Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): What's The Trick To Sticking With A Diet? Slider Slide HED: Scrumptious Strawberries Slider Slide DEK: Welcome spring with […]ABeal
- How To Make A Green Smoothie That Isn't All KaleKitchen skills are not an issue for professional chef and TV personality Candice Kumai, but when she moved to New York, Kumai found she still needed a simpler way to meet her daily nutrition needs. “Learning to watch my diet in a healthy way that was quick and easy was what I was looking for,” she says, and she found it in green drinks—juices and smoothies p […]ABeal
- What Your Sleeping Position Says About Your RelationshipWhat happens between the sheets may be a huge predictor of how satisfied you are with your relationship—and not in the way you might think. A recent survey from the University of Hertfordshire in the United Kingdom found a link between sleep position and happiness in a relationship. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]arush
- Katherine Harmon CourageContributor Display as Expert: 0ABeal
- How Doctors Successfully Implanted Lab-Grown Vaginas Into 4 WomenFor women with Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome, life can be difficult. Born with an absent or underdeveloped vagina, women suffering MRKH often have difficulty experiencing a normal sex life, can fail to menstruate and sometimes cannot reproduce naturally. But now, researchers from Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center have found a way to normalize life […]mmessing
- Why You Eat More Soft-Baked Cookies Than Crunchy OnesThe claim: Crispy, soft or rough, the texture of a food may determine your perception of its calories and change the amount of it you eat, according to a new study from the Journal of Consumer Research. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]emFrey
- HP Slider 4.18.14Slider Slide HED: 4 Things Happy People Know Slider Slide DEK: What the world's most blissful people have in common Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 4 Things The World's Happiest People Have In Common Slider Slide HED: 23 Ways To Eat Clean Slider Slide DEK: Simple swaps you can make today Slider […]ABeal
- channel slider - weight loss - 04.17.14Slider Active Date: Thu, 04/17/2014 - 17:40 Slider Slide HED: Ready? Slider Slide DEK: It's time to start your 28-day transformation! Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Welcome To The 2014 28-Day Transformation Challenge! Slider Slide HED: Strawberries 101 Slider Slide DEK: 17 scrumptious recipes for t […]mroberson
- channel slider - fitness 04.17.14Slider Active Date: Thu, 04/17/2014 - 17:30 Slider Slide HED: Ready? Slider Slide DEK: Welcome to the 28-day transformation challenge! Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Welcome To The 2014 28-Day Transformation Challenge! Slider Slide HED: Get Inspired Slider Slide DEK: Words of wisdom to stay motivated al […]mroberson