Yes He Can? Bank Settlement Rally today at Bank of America in Newtown, PA Bucks County
All over the country Moveon.org had councils running rallies today (January 19, 2012) to show President Obama how seriously we take the Banking/Mortgage Crisis!
We ended up with 43 wonderfully dedicated supporters at the Rally in Bucks County. It was cold, but exciting!
This is the message that was delivered to the Philadelphia office of the Obama campaign office about the Pennsylvania signers to the online Petition-
Dear President Obama,
More than 13600 Pennsylvania residents and 358,477 people nationwide have signed a petition that says: “President
Obama: Hold Wall Street banks accountable by fully investigating the big bank fraud that caused the housing
We’re delivering these signatures today to urge you, President Obama, to stand up for the millions of Americans
hurt by Wall Street greed.
We’re counting on you.
Pennsylvania MoveOn members
We had petitions for people to sign at the event as well, and 23 attendees signed.
The camera got a big wild on this one, but you can see most of the people there, and great messages from Robin Stelly and Bob Mason!
Lynda Mintz talking about Foreclosures and the viewing party January 24 for the State of the Union
Robin Stelly submitted this great overview to the papers after the event!
Press Release For:
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Local Residents Hold Protest at Bank of America; Mark Anniversary of Citizens United Decision and Demand President Obama Stand Up to the Big Banks and Order a Federal Investigation
On Thursday, January 19, over 40 supporters of Penn Action and MoveOn.org rallied at the Bank of America in Newtown, PA to mark the one year anniversary of the Citizens United decision and demand that President Obama hold the big banks accountable for the foreclosure crisis by ordering a federal investigation opposing a sweetheart deal that would give them immunity from investigation.
Dozens of Bucks County residents held signs reminding passers by that “Corporations are Not People,” asking for the end of “Corporate Welfare” and demanding an investigation of the financial sector’s role in the country’s foreclosure crisis. “Corporations are not people. Corporations have used their status as people to use the amendments from the Bill of Rights to pursue their own selfish interests and this has got to stop,” said Bob Mason of Levittown. The event was part of a national day of action called “Yes He Can” taking place across the country at Obama for America (OFA) campaign offices in all 50 states and at local offices of some of the biggest banks. Participants called on President Obama to stand strong with the 99% and make sure the big banks are held accountable.
Our groups work together to bring awareness and progressive change for Bucks County!
Moveon.org Bucks County Council – Joan King and Sally Witt
Penn Action – Robin Stelly
BuxMont CFPA – Cathy Leary, Bill Deckert
National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare – Pedro A. Rodriguez
- 55,463 hits
- G+: Looks helpful! (WeTransfer: Share Files Up to 10 GB on Web, iOS, Android) goo.gl/akBxFk 5 hours ago
- Looks helpful! fb.me/3Z0Lzrweq 5 hours ago
- Looks helpful! fplus.me/p/98Lq/53c98b0e http://t.co/wNfzJbDuLa 5 hours ago
- WeTransfer: Share Files Up to 10 GB on Web, iOS, Android ln.is/www.guidingtec… via @guidingtech 5 hours ago
- Sally K Witt, Internet Success 4 You! is out! ln.is/paper.li/sally… Stories via @NewsFromTheUS 6 hours ago
- Why Action Movies Can Make You Fat...And How Charlie Rose Can Slim You DownIf you saw the summer blockbuster Guardians of the Galaxy this weekend, you may be feeling a bit fat right now. The distraction associated with watching TV and movies has long been known to prompt elbow-deep dipping into popcorn tubs and overeating in general. Now we also know—based on a study just published in the Journal of the American Medical Association […]emFrey
- 9 Best Solutions For Knee PainWalking, kneeling, stair schlepping...Knees take abuse. No wonder 20% of us report having had pain in these joints in the past 3 months. Most arises from injuries and osteoarthritis, which are more common with age. Here's how to get a leg up on the pain. 1. Ice Photo by John Stockfood read moremmessing
- The Natural Ingredient 2 Food Brands Are Now DroppingHey, you know what I like to eat? Food. Au naturel, unfooled around with food. Not the stuff added to my food to make it "better." So I was pleased to hear that WhiteWave Foods, which owns Silk and Horizon Dairy, recently announced it would stop using carrageenan in both product lines due to mounting consumer pressure. read moreemFrey
- 7 New Ridiculously Tasty Avocado RecipesDeclaration: We are having a culinary love affair with avocados. Which makes sense since avocados are easy, healthy, and “make everything better,” confirms Lianna Sugarman, the New York founder of raw beverage company, LuliTonix. She's a big fan of the fruit and a master of blending it with chia seeds, kale, and herbs. "They have amazing anti-infla […]ABeal
- How Junk Food Makes You...Boring? Junk food doesn't just make you fat (though it does a great job of that). It might also make you boring to eat around. That's what a new study published in Frontiers in Psychologysuggests. The research team was interested in how a "cafeteria diet"—one loaded with cheap, high-calorie food—affects the animals' natural preference for no […]emFrey
- 5 Tips For Going On Vacation Without Gaining WeightIf you're on a diet and heading off on vacation, here are some ways to enjoy yourself without gaining weight: Pack for the plane. Most airline meals and snack boxes have more than 1,000 calories! Pack your own snacks or shop the airport for healthier choices. My favorite travel snack is beef jerky and an apple. Jerky is low in calories and fat and the […]mmessing
- 7 Healthy Foods That Can Backfire If You Eat Too Much Of ThemYou know that eating an entire box of cookies in one sitting isn't good for you—but experts say overdoing it with certain more nutritious foods could be just as dangerous. There's no need to ditch these foods from your diet altogether—but you'll want to avoid taking in excessive amounts since that's when they can start to compromise your […]emFrey
- What Your Facebook Posts Say About Your RelationshipOversharing on Facebook is pretty much always annoying. You ate a sandwich? Great—but no one really needs to see it. Those lovey-dovey posts about how handsome your hubby is, or pictures of the two of you smooching? Also rather grating (especially for your single pals)—but there’s more to those posts than you might think. read moreemFrey
- The American City That Sleeps The Least Is...Every city moves to a different rhythm—and now we’ve got the numbers to prove it. It’s all thanks to data analyst Brian Wilt, who tracked the habits of people who use UP, a sleep-and-movement tracking system that includes a wristband and smartphone app. His results compile the activity of more than 5,000 users of the technology in 45 cities worldwide. read m […]cpraderio
- What It's Like To Grow Up Terrified You'll Inherit Your Mother's SchizophreniaIn 1974, when I was 7 and my sister was a toddler, my mother changed: From a housewife whose main concern was the care and feeding of her family, she turned into a woman who believed a secret war was imminent. One day she packed up, drove us to a summer cottage we owned on a remote corner of the Virginia peninsula, and started setting up a MASH unit for the […]vwolk