Yes He Can? Bank Settlement Rally today at Bank of America in Newtown, PA Bucks County
All over the country Moveon.org had councils running rallies today (January 19, 2012) to show President Obama how seriously we take the Banking/Mortgage Crisis!
We ended up with 43 wonderfully dedicated supporters at the Rally in Bucks County. It was cold, but exciting!
This is the message that was delivered to the Philadelphia office of the Obama campaign office about the Pennsylvania signers to the online Petition-
Dear President Obama,
More than 13600 Pennsylvania residents and 358,477 people nationwide have signed a petition that says: “President
Obama: Hold Wall Street banks accountable by fully investigating the big bank fraud that caused the housing
We’re delivering these signatures today to urge you, President Obama, to stand up for the millions of Americans
hurt by Wall Street greed.
We’re counting on you.
Pennsylvania MoveOn members
We had petitions for people to sign at the event as well, and 23 attendees signed.
The camera got a big wild on this one, but you can see most of the people there, and great messages from Robin Stelly and Bob Mason!
Lynda Mintz talking about Foreclosures and the viewing party January 24 for the State of the Union
Robin Stelly submitted this great overview to the papers after the event!
Press Release For:
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Local Residents Hold Protest at Bank of America; Mark Anniversary of Citizens United Decision and Demand President Obama Stand Up to the Big Banks and Order a Federal Investigation
On Thursday, January 19, over 40 supporters of Penn Action and MoveOn.org rallied at the Bank of America in Newtown, PA to mark the one year anniversary of the Citizens United decision and demand that President Obama hold the big banks accountable for the foreclosure crisis by ordering a federal investigation opposing a sweetheart deal that would give them immunity from investigation.
Dozens of Bucks County residents held signs reminding passers by that “Corporations are Not People,” asking for the end of “Corporate Welfare” and demanding an investigation of the financial sector’s role in the country’s foreclosure crisis. “Corporations are not people. Corporations have used their status as people to use the amendments from the Bill of Rights to pursue their own selfish interests and this has got to stop,” said Bob Mason of Levittown. The event was part of a national day of action called “Yes He Can” taking place across the country at Obama for America (OFA) campaign offices in all 50 states and at local offices of some of the biggest banks. Participants called on President Obama to stand strong with the 99% and make sure the big banks are held accountable.
Our groups work together to bring awareness and progressive change for Bucks County!
Moveon.org Bucks County Council - Joan King and Sally Witt
Penn Action - Robin Stelly
BuxMont CFPA - Cathy Leary, Bill Deckert
National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare - Pedro A. Rodriguez
- 53,695 hits
- I gave @bmw_free +K about Social Media on @klout klout.com/bmw_free?n=tw&… 2 hours ago
- I gave @bmw_free +K about BMW on @klout klout.com/bmw_free?n=tw&… 2 hours ago
- Earthbound Farm's photo contest on Instagram | Statigram statigr.am/contests/every… pinterest.com/pin/1280718016… 2 hours ago
- #EveryCartCounts + @earthboundfarmhttp://statigr.am/contests/everycartcounts/693348560769875383_6233550?langue=en#/detail 2 hours ago
- @realzil Thumbs up for sharing that tweet. It's now live on my @RebelMouse! http://t.co/XKcpLGKOQt rbl.ms/1iDlCIO 2 hours ago
- HP Slider 4.23.14Slider Slide HED: 20 Super Salads Slider Slide DEK: Low-calorie recipes that won't leave you hungry (or grumpy) Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 20 Low-Calorie Salads That Won't Leave You Hungry Slider Slide HED: Are You Ready? Slider Slide DEK: Welcome to the 28-Day Transformation Challenge—have […]ABeal
- 20 Low-Calorie Salads That Won't Leave You HungrySlideshow Caption: Satisfy your taste buds with these easy recipes Date Published: Tue, 04/22/2014 Last Edited / Created By / Date Edited Last Edited By: mmessing Created By: mmessing Ad Tags Next SlideShow-Max: 100 Cleanest Packaged Food Awards 2014: Snacks Move 1st Ad Unit Above Slide Title: 1st Ad unit in normal position Enable 2nd Ad unit: Disable […]mmessing
- How Contaminated Is Your Chicken?Raw poultry has always been a haven for bacteria, but new government findings suggest that the problem could be getting even worse. Infections from campylobacter, a bacteria commonly found on uncooked chicken, spiked 13% since 2008, according to a new CDC report. "In terms of why the numbers are rising, nobody has any good insight," says Jennifer Q […]emFrey
- Why You're Twice As Likely To Care About Your Health On Tuesday Than On SaturdayThe claim: You're almost twice as likely to search for web content related to your health on Mondays and Tuesdays, as opposed to Saturdays, shows research appearing in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]mmessing
- Would You Eat Vegetable Ice Cream?The savory-sweet foods trend is officially here: Häagen-Dazs Japan has announced they'll be releasing two new vegetable-flavored ice creams—Tomato-Cherry and Carrot-Orange—on May 12. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]scastillo
- HP Slider 4.22.14Slider Slide HED: 10 Solutions For Adult Acne Slider Slide DEK: Highly-effective fixes for your frustrating breakouts Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 10 Highly-Effective Solutions For Adult Acne Slider Slide HED: So Many Temptations... Slider Slide DEK: 6 ways to pump up your willpower, no matter what you […]ABeal
- channel slider - weight loss - 04.21.14Slider Active Date: Mon, 04/21/2014 - 17:40 Slider Slide HED: Resolved... Slider Slide DEK: 6 simple ways to pump up your willpower Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 6 Simple Ways To Pump Up Your Willpower Slider Slide HED: Counting Calories Slider Slide DEK: How many can you eat and still lose weight? Sli […]mroberson
- Helping OthersMuse Text: Helping others grow and reach their goals brings joy and a sense of accomplishment. Muse Author: Janet Ungless Muse Background: teal wave Muse Font: Amatic SC Publish Date Time: Fri, 05/30/2014 - 04:00 Sponsor […]bsuddell
- Silly Side of LifeMuse Text: Keep an eye out for the unexpectedly silly side of daily life to combat negative thoughts. Muse Author: Thomas Crook, PhD Muse Background: orange citrus Muse Font: Bitter Publish Date Time: Thu, 05/29/2014 - 04:00 Sponsor […]bsuddell
- Imagine Muse Text: Imagining an activity fires up the same parts of your brain that are used when you actually experience it. Muse Author: Dana Lightman, PhD Muse Background: yellow flowers Muse Font: Amatic SC Publish Date Time: Wed, 05/28/2014 - 04:00 Sponsor […]bsuddell