Yes He Can? Bank Settlement Rally today at Bank of America in Newtown, PA Bucks County
All over the country Moveon.org had councils running rallies today (January 19, 2012) to show President Obama how seriously we take the Banking/Mortgage Crisis!
We ended up with 43 wonderfully dedicated supporters at the Rally in Bucks County. It was cold, but exciting!
This is the message that was delivered to the Philadelphia office of the Obama campaign office about the Pennsylvania signers to the online Petition-
Dear President Obama,
More than 13600 Pennsylvania residents and 358,477 people nationwide have signed a petition that says: “President
Obama: Hold Wall Street banks accountable by fully investigating the big bank fraud that caused the housing
We’re delivering these signatures today to urge you, President Obama, to stand up for the millions of Americans
hurt by Wall Street greed.
We’re counting on you.
Pennsylvania MoveOn members
We had petitions for people to sign at the event as well, and 23 attendees signed.
The camera got a big wild on this one, but you can see most of the people there, and great messages from Robin Stelly and Bob Mason!
Lynda Mintz talking about Foreclosures and the viewing party January 24 for the State of the Union
Robin Stelly submitted this great overview to the papers after the event!
Press Release For:
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Local Residents Hold Protest at Bank of America; Mark Anniversary of Citizens United Decision and Demand President Obama Stand Up to the Big Banks and Order a Federal Investigation
On Thursday, January 19, over 40 supporters of Penn Action and MoveOn.org rallied at the Bank of America in Newtown, PA to mark the one year anniversary of the Citizens United decision and demand that President Obama hold the big banks accountable for the foreclosure crisis by ordering a federal investigation opposing a sweetheart deal that would give them immunity from investigation.
Dozens of Bucks County residents held signs reminding passers by that “Corporations are Not People,” asking for the end of “Corporate Welfare” and demanding an investigation of the financial sector’s role in the country’s foreclosure crisis. “Corporations are not people. Corporations have used their status as people to use the amendments from the Bill of Rights to pursue their own selfish interests and this has got to stop,” said Bob Mason of Levittown. The event was part of a national day of action called “Yes He Can” taking place across the country at Obama for America (OFA) campaign offices in all 50 states and at local offices of some of the biggest banks. Participants called on President Obama to stand strong with the 99% and make sure the big banks are held accountable.
Our groups work together to bring awareness and progressive change for Bucks County!
Moveon.org Bucks County Council – Joan King and Sally Witt
Penn Action – Robin Stelly
BuxMont CFPA – Cathy Leary, Bill Deckert
National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare – Pedro A. Rodriguez
- 55,258 hits
- G+: Cool circle put together by + goo.gl/RFYFbb goo.gl/BvvuqG 6 hours ago
- Cool circle put together by Semen Frish fplus.me/p/8VrE/53c98b0e 6 hours ago
- @JohnGushue just shared your tweet on my @RebelMouse rbl.ms/1iIYQA8 7 hours ago
- RT @JohnGushue: Mary Poppins, the book, turns 80 this year. tmblr.co/ZI2g2y1OsSecT 7 hours ago
- RT @JohnGushue: Why movie dinosaurs are nothing like the real thing flip.it/Dp89p 7 hours ago
- 5 Ways To Make Seriously Delicious Ice CubesRemember using ice trays to make popsicles as a kid? Yeah, these are way better. We're talking ingenious ice cubes that are not just freaking adorable, they're the answer to preparing smoothies in a snap, and, we’re not gonna lie, they taste pretty darn good in cocktails (made with quinoa vodka, of course!). read moreABeal
- 6 New All-American Veggies You Really Need To MeetRoll out the green carpet: It’s time to meet the fresh faces of vegetable stardom. We’re talking about the 2015 vegetable award winners from All-America Selections, an independent organization that’s been vetting new veggie varieties for the benefit of home gardeners since 1932. The produce entered into AAS trials is hybridized the good-old-fashioned way (no […]ABeal
- 12 Reasons You Just Can't Lose The WeightYou’ve overhauled your diet and exercise most days, and even though you’ve lost some weight, those last few pounds just won’t seem to budge. So what gives? Experts say despite your best efforts, there are some things that you may not even realize have a huge effect on weight loss. Here are 12 that may be messing with your slim-down plans: read moreszdanow
- Is Your Statin Alternative A Waste Of Money? Warning: this may leave you seeing red. Many red yeast rice supplements—a popular alternative to statin drugs—don't contain enough cholesterol-lowering compounds to do any good. That's according to a new report produced by ConsumerLab.com, an independent company that tests health products and supplements. read moremmessing
- 5 Simple, Healthy Dinners For When You're Eating AloneShow of hands if you and your family ate dinner together last night. Err, not so much? Don't worry, you're in good company: These days, Americans eat more than half of our meals sans dining companions, according to a new analysis from The NPD Group, a major market research firm. read moremmessing
- Should You Feed Your Pet A Raw Foods Diet?Pets have it easy. They'll never know the willpower it takes to pass up the dessert tray. On the other hand, they'll never know the thrill of enjoying a trendy new diet, either. Most are stuck with plain old pet food—and, as we're discovering with the rise of the raw-food craze for pets, maybe that's the way it should be. read moremmessing
- What's The Deal With That Viral Video Showing People How Damaged Their Skin Really Is?Odds are you’re one of the 10 million people who’ve already viewed “How the Sun Sees You,” a video created by British-American photographer and writer Thomas Leveritt. In brief, it shows the reactions of random New Yorkers who agree to view themselves through the lens of Leveritt’s ultraviolet camera, fitted with filters that allow UV rays to pass through wh […]cpraderio
- 4 Dinner Recipes + Tasty Ideas For Your LeftoversMake your dinner pull a double. Cook up our delicious recipes—like fish and chips, lamb kebabs, and roast chicken—then use your leftovers to create these insanely easy lunches in 5 minutes.MORE: 13 Metabolism-Boosting Foods To Always Keep On Handread moremmessing
- Upgrade Your Squat With The Anti-Aging Squat JumpYour squat challenge of the day: The Squat Jump, an anti-aging power move that takes toning your lower body to a whole new level. read moremmessing
- The Best Move For Sleek, Sculpted ShouldersI'm a big fan of wearing sleeveless tops in the summer, and all that shoulder exposure creates serious motivation for me to hit the weights. Shapely shoulders take work though, and since I'm not one to waste time at the gym, I look for moves that give me the most bang for my fitness buck. The overhead dumbbell press is one of those shoulder exercis […]emFrey