Yes He Can? Bank Settlement Rally today at Bank of America in Newtown, PA Bucks County
All over the country Moveon.org had councils running rallies today (January 19, 2012) to show President Obama how seriously we take the Banking/Mortgage Crisis!
We ended up with 43 wonderfully dedicated supporters at the Rally in Bucks County. It was cold, but exciting!
This is the message that was delivered to the Philadelphia office of the Obama campaign office about the Pennsylvania signers to the online Petition-
Dear President Obama,
More than 13600 Pennsylvania residents and 358,477 people nationwide have signed a petition that says: “President
Obama: Hold Wall Street banks accountable by fully investigating the big bank fraud that caused the housing
We’re delivering these signatures today to urge you, President Obama, to stand up for the millions of Americans
hurt by Wall Street greed.
We’re counting on you.
Pennsylvania MoveOn members
We had petitions for people to sign at the event as well, and 23 attendees signed.
The camera got a big wild on this one, but you can see most of the people there, and great messages from Robin Stelly and Bob Mason!
Lynda Mintz talking about Foreclosures and the viewing party January 24 for the State of the Union
Robin Stelly submitted this great overview to the papers after the event!
Press Release For:
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Local Residents Hold Protest at Bank of America; Mark Anniversary of Citizens United Decision and Demand President Obama Stand Up to the Big Banks and Order a Federal Investigation
On Thursday, January 19, over 40 supporters of Penn Action and MoveOn.org rallied at the Bank of America in Newtown, PA to mark the one year anniversary of the Citizens United decision and demand that President Obama hold the big banks accountable for the foreclosure crisis by ordering a federal investigation opposing a sweetheart deal that would give them immunity from investigation.
Dozens of Bucks County residents held signs reminding passers by that “Corporations are Not People,” asking for the end of “Corporate Welfare” and demanding an investigation of the financial sector’s role in the country’s foreclosure crisis. “Corporations are not people. Corporations have used their status as people to use the amendments from the Bill of Rights to pursue their own selfish interests and this has got to stop,” said Bob Mason of Levittown. The event was part of a national day of action called “Yes He Can” taking place across the country at Obama for America (OFA) campaign offices in all 50 states and at local offices of some of the biggest banks. Participants called on President Obama to stand strong with the 99% and make sure the big banks are held accountable.
Our groups work together to bring awareness and progressive change for Bucks County!
Moveon.org Bucks County Council - Joan King and Sally Witt
Penn Action - Robin Stelly
BuxMont CFPA - Cathy Leary, Bill Deckert
National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare - Pedro A. Rodriguez
- 54,815 hits
- Today stats: 16 followers, 16 unfollowers and followed 4 people via uapp.ly 3 hours ago
- Please help @invisiblepeople by completing this USC survey on our work to end homelessness bit.ly/InvisiblePeople I ⊕ I-donate-my-voice.For-additional.info/click-the-link… 5 hours ago
- @Rossco47 Thanks for sharing that update - it's now live here: rbl.ms/1k9gS4O 7 hours ago
- Love this! fb.me/6zHNasYYt 8 hours ago
- Love this! fplus.me/p/8kFu/53c98b0e http://t.co/49ucjvNtoC 8 hours ago
- HP Slider 7.22.14Slider Slide HED: Stronger, Sexier Arms Slider Slide DEK: 5 moves to get arms you'll want to show off Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 5 Moves For Stronger, Sexier Arms Slider Slide HED: Homemade Jam In 4 Steps Slider Slide DEK: Fresh, fast, and with one-quarter the amount of sugar in traditional jam […]ABeal
- Mackenzie Lobby for MensHealth.comContributor Display as Expert: 0ABeal
- 3 Tricks To Keep Running No Matter How Much You Want To StopWhile fatigue manifests itself in aching muscles, shorter strides, and decreasing speed, your mind is actually the culprit behind your tiring body. Science has found that your brain is hardwired to slow you down and keep some energy in reserve so you don't run out of fuel. There are simple training tactics you can use to deceive your brain and utilize s […]ABeal
- HP Slider 7.21.14Slider Slide HED: Crab Cake Burgers Slider Slide DEK: And 4 more better-than-beef burger options Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 5 Better-Than-Beef Burger Recipes Slider Slide HED: Do You Drink Too Much? Slider Slide DEK: When your nightly cocktail becomes more of a requirement than an option Slider Slide […]ABeal
- Do You Just End Up Peeing Out All The Vitamins You Take?When it comes to nourishing your body, you can do everything right—eat the rainbow, take your vitamins—but end up, basically, peeing out all of the good stuff. That’s because bioavailability, or how well the body is able to absorb nutrients, matters. A lot. “If you’re not taking supplements or having certain foods in the forms they need to be consumed in, yo […]ABeal
- HP Slider 7.20.14Slider Slide HED: Head-To-Toe Toned Slider Slide DEK: 9 toning moves to give you the strong body you want Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 9 Toning Moves To Slim You Down All Over Slider Slide HED: 3 Decadent Summer Desserts Slider Slide DEK: The best part? They're less than 300 calories a serving. Yu […]ABeal
- 9 Toning Moves To Slim You Down All OverThis Pilates-based workout, developed by Miami-based Pilates instructor Kris Belding, targets your midsection, arms, shoulders, legs, and butt for a total-body shape-up. Try to do the routine 3 or 4 days a week to start seeing the flat belly, full-body toning benefits. 1. SPINAL ARCH AND CURL Strengthens and stretches back, increases flexibility, and helps i […]ABeal
- HP Slider 7.19.14Slider Slide HED: 6 Healing Smoothies Slider Slide DEK: Sip your way to better health with these recipes Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 6 Healing Summer Smoothies Slider Slide HED: Low On Motivation? Slider Slide DEK: These 5 tips can help you stick to your running plan Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide […]ABeal
- 5 Daily Habits That Are Draining Your EnergyWe rely on energy to get through the day, the week, the year. We know that losing out on sleep can leave us feeling drained, but sleep deprivation is only one of a long list of possible reasons behind feeling exhausted. The following are some of the typical pitfalls which will cause chronic fatigue: NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]ABeal
- HP Slider 7.18.14Slider Slide HED: Little Ways To Find Joy Slider Slide DEK: No matter how sad you're feeling Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 14 Ways To Find Joy Slider Slide HED: Ramen Noodles 10 Ways Slider Slide DEK: How to get in on the latest food trend Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide […]ABeal