Getting to know people and making friends online with Social Media
I am naturally a friendly person. I have always had a lot of friends.
You have to be a bit cautious online when trusting a new person, but you can certainly meet wonderful people.
The best way to meet people is on sites where you have something in common. Groups are pretty good at rooting out phony people!
I am in a number of great groups on Facebook, Empire Avenue, and ning sites like Brandergy.com. I love meeting people on IBOToolbox.com, too!
I believe when you connect with people on a number of sites, you get to know them better.
Sometimes you really connect with someone and become friends. That is special.
I find groups that are supportive in business, online projects, blogging, mental health, therapeutic, and more. I have a lot of health issues, and it is nice to know people that are dealing with similar things in their lives.
I know a lot of people use online sites for dating and romance. I am really glad that I am out of that category, because I think that it is a little scary.
When someone contacts me on skype or Facebook chat that I don’t know, I kind of test them out a bit. Sometimes they have no knowledge of the place that they say they live – HUGE red flag!!
You can make really good lasting friendships online. I have a small groups of women on a group on Sparkpeople.com. We share so much, and I have been with them for something like 7 years. Those are true friends.
If you are a young girl or boy, make sure your parents know who you are chatting with online!
For adults, be friendly, but keep your safety conscious part of your brain active, too!
Remember, if something smells off it probably is.
Other than that, make friends and have fun!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- 45,762 hits
- Top 10 Worst Cereals: Would you eat a Hostess Twinkie for breakfast? How about feeding your children three Chi... bit.ly/14BaAPv 1 hour ago
- Pinterest whrt.it/18jRfUw 4 hours ago
- cute piggy from Pinterest whrt.it/1a9ZXEb 4 hours ago
- Nudibranch on Pinterest whrt.it/12wAOAB 4 hours ago
- Photo: Pinterest on We Heart It - weheartit.com/entry/62284530… Hearted from:... tmblr.co/ZgpBUxldotUr 4 hours ago
- HP Slider 5.23.13Slider Slide HED: 15 Things You Only Ask Google Slider Slide DEK: Answers to your most embarrassing questions no one has to know about Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 15 Things You Only Ask Google Slider Slide HED: Love Your Legs! Slider Slide DEK: Top tips for fixing everything from cellulite to spider v […]ABeal
- What's That Weird Stuff Your Coworker Puts In Her Drink?Slideshow Caption: 7 drinkable health supplements—do they really help? Date Published: Wed, 05/22/2013 Meta Tags Last Edited / Created By / Date Edited Last Edited By: katelynhw Created By: katelynhw Ad Tags Enable 2nd Ad unit: Disable 2nd Ad unit Facebook Comments: 0 Slides Image: Slide Body: Every day, it’s like clockwork. While you raid the vendin […]katelynhw
- 2013 media kitFile: PVN_2013-GP-Full.pdfemFrey
- 7 Amazing Things You Can Do with VodkaSlideshow Caption: Clean your whole house, bake better, and soothe aches with this do-it-all drink Date Published: Wed, 05/22/2013 Meta Tags Last Edited / Created By / Date Edited Last Edited By: katelynhw Created By: katelynhw Ad Tags Enable 2nd Ad unit: Disable 2nd Ad unit Facebook Comments: 0 Slides Image: Slide Body: The word "vodka" is […]katelynhw
- Your Sunless Tanning Problems, SolvedWe’d hate for you to relive the past self tanning nightmares: your sheets turned orange, your knees looked dirtier than your son’s uniform after football practice, and the streaks on your arms resembled highlights à la Snookie. But a new study suggests that a bad sunless tan could send you back to the tanning bed. (Don’t do it!) Facebook Comments: 0 read mo […]emFrey
- Are You Young For Your Age?You may think you’re in good shape. But how does your overall health stack up against the health of your peers? A new DNA-based method of gauging wellness in relation to age may soon provide the answer, thanks in part to research appearing in the Journal of Visualized Experiments. Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]emFrey
- Relax Your Way to Trouble-Free PeriodsIf you’ve ever taken a yoga class, you know how good a few minutes of relaxing in Shavasana feels at the end. Now, a new study in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine finds that a longer and deeper form of yogic meditation—a practice called yoga nidra—could help balance hormone levels in women with menstrual difficulties. Facebook Comments: […]emFrey
- Keeping Up with CalciumIf scientific journals were tabloids, calcium would be the nutrition world’s Kim Kardashian. First lauded as a bone-builder with a leading vitamin by its side, followed by headlines in 2012 linking it to increased risk of heart attack—already the number one killer of women. No wonder we are confused about whether to take it with vitamin D or not and whether […]emFrey
- Beat Insomnia With YogaInstead of counting sheep, count your breaths: Regular yoga practice can significantly improve insomnia symptoms, according to research in the journal Menopause. Prevention's fitness expert, Chris Freytag, has selected five gentle poses that will prepare you for slumber by calming your mind and body. No more tossing and turning—just blissful, Zen-like s […]scastillo
- HP Slider 5.22.13Slider Slide HED: Are You Happiness Material? Slider Slide DEK: Don't count yourself out just yet. Here's how to feel more joy, no matter what. Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Everything You Know About Happiness Is Wrong Slider Slide HED: Arm Yourself For Summer Slider Slide DEK: The 10-minute r […]ABeal