Getting to know people and making friends online with Social Media
I am naturally a friendly person. I have always had a lot of friends.
You have to be a bit cautious online when trusting a new person, but you can certainly meet wonderful people.
The best way to meet people is on sites where you have something in common. Groups are pretty good at rooting out phony people!
I am in a number of great groups on Facebook, Empire Avenue, and ning sites like Brandergy.com. I love meeting people on IBOToolbox.com, too!
I believe when you connect with people on a number of sites, you get to know them better.
Sometimes you really connect with someone and become friends. That is special.
I find groups that are supportive in business, online projects, blogging, mental health, therapeutic, and more. I have a lot of health issues, and it is nice to know people that are dealing with similar things in their lives.
I know a lot of people use online sites for dating and romance. I am really glad that I am out of that category, because I think that it is a little scary.
When someone contacts me on skype or Facebook chat that I don’t know, I kind of test them out a bit. Sometimes they have no knowledge of the place that they say they live – HUGE red flag!!
You can make really good lasting friendships online. I have a small groups of women on a group on Sparkpeople.com. We share so much, and I have been with them for something like 7 years. Those are true friends.
If you are a young girl or boy, make sure your parents know who you are chatting with online!
For adults, be friendly, but keep your safety conscious part of your brain active, too!
Remember, if something smells off it probably is.
Other than that, make friends and have fun!
- 54,844 hits
- What your staff need to know for gifts and hospitality compliance...a 3-minute video awe.sm/t75Ia fb.me/1dKTQ6t6T 3 hours ago
- RT @iSkillcast: What your staff need to know for gifts and hospitality compliance...a 3-minute video skillcast.com/web/GRC_Bullet… 3 hours ago
- 3 very useful social media sites that you may not be using yet goo.gl/ihmznp via @The7PillarsBook 4 hours ago
- Dad is in the Emergency Room and will be staying at least one night. You never know what is going to happen every... fplus.me/p/8nAV/53c98b0e 7 hours ago
- @navig8_WILL thanks so much for sharing. Just added it here: rbl.ms/1kdYTKF 7 hours ago
- The Newly Discovered Virus Living In The Guts Of Half The World's PopulationIt’s hard to think of intestinal science as “trendy.” But from probiotics to your belly’s microbiome, the human gut and all the organisms that live there are definitely enjoying a moment. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]ABeal
- 5 Fast Mushroom RecipesDate Published: Wed, 07/23/2014 Last Edited / Created By / Date Edited Last Edited By: ABeal Created By: ABeal Ad Tags Move 1st Ad Unit Above Slide Title: 1st Ad unit in normal position Enable 2nd Ad unit: Disable 2nd Ad unit Facebook Comments: 0 Image: Slide Body: Our caps go off to mushrooms! These fantastic fungi bring meaty texture and complex fl […]ABeal
- HP Slider 7.24.14Slider Slide HED: Skip The Oven Tonight Slider Slide DEK: 4 new no-cook summer dinner recipes Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 4 No-Cook Summer Dinners Slider Slide HED: A Most Romantic High Slider Slide DEK: The healthy reason to schedule some kissing in your near future Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide […]ABeal
- The Best Reason To Share A Kiss (Or More) TonightThumbnail: While the quest for a female Viagra continues, the secret switch that turns on desire may be literally under your nose. Kissing is romantic, but that's not why it gives your sex life a lift. Male saliva contains testosterone, and a lingering lip lock turns out to be a reliable delivery system. MORE: 10 Little Things Connected Couples Do Face […]ABeal
- Training For A Tri Commonly Leads To Urinary Incontinence And Other Pelvic Floor DisordersWhile training for a tri will certainly get you in amazing shape—all of that swimming, biking, and running can add up to a toned body pretty fast—new research shows it could lead to some pretty unpleasant complications. When researchers polled 311 female triathletes between the ages of 35 and 44, one in three reported symptoms of pelvic floor disorders. NOF […]mmessing
- Meet Kalettes, The Love Child Of Brussels Sprouts And KaleChef Sam Talbot’s Healthy Guilty Pleasure It’s in our smoothies and salads, sure, but when kale starts popping up in wedding bouquets (yup, that’s a thing), we’ve officially reached superfood fatigue. Meet what hopes to be the new, well, kale: Kalettes. A vegetable breeding company in the UK called Tozer Seeds has crossed Brussels sprouts with kale to make j […]aoaklan1
- It's Not Your Imagination: Cities Are Miserably Hotter Than Rural AreasExercise Tips That Beat Summer Heat “You must be used to the heat, having lived in Texas,” people say, brushing off complaints that I am wilting, melting, and otherwise miserable in the New York City summer. To which I reply that in Texas, there is never a need to walk more than a few hundred feet from one air-conditioned vehicle or building to another. In N […]jchia
- The Top 10 Happiest (And Unhappiest) Cities In The USThe U.S. National Bureau of Economic Research just released a new list of the 10 happiest and unhappiest metropolitan areas in the country. The rankings, based on a large survey asking people about their life satisfaction, might surprise you... Bottom Promo: bottom promo-pvnmag happy center 8-2014 NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]vwolk
- bottom promo-pvnmag fat center 8-20143 New Fat Facts That Could Have Saved Us All A Lot Of Trouble read moreemFrey
- bottom promo-pvnmag happy center 8-2014How To Be Happy On Purpose read moreemFrey