Getting to know people and making friends online with Social Media
I am naturally a friendly person. I have always had a lot of friends.
You have to be a bit cautious online when trusting a new person, but you can certainly meet wonderful people.
The best way to meet people is on sites where you have something in common. Groups are pretty good at rooting out phony people!
I am in a number of great groups on Facebook, Empire Avenue, and ning sites like Brandergy.com. I love meeting people on IBOToolbox.com, too!
I believe when you connect with people on a number of sites, you get to know them better.
Sometimes you really connect with someone and become friends. That is special.
I find groups that are supportive in business, online projects, blogging, mental health, therapeutic, and more. I have a lot of health issues, and it is nice to know people that are dealing with similar things in their lives.
I know a lot of people use online sites for dating and romance. I am really glad that I am out of that category, because I think that it is a little scary.
When someone contacts me on skype or Facebook chat that I don’t know, I kind of test them out a bit. Sometimes they have no knowledge of the place that they say they live – HUGE red flag!!
You can make really good lasting friendships online. I have a small groups of women on a group on Sparkpeople.com. We share so much, and I have been with them for something like 7 years. Those are true friends.
If you are a young girl or boy, make sure your parents know who you are chatting with online!
For adults, be friendly, but keep your safety conscious part of your brain active, too!
Remember, if something smells off it probably is.
Other than that, make friends and have fun!
- 51,130 hits
- Today stats: 8 followers, 7 unfollowers and followed 5 people via unfollowers.com/?s=dt 3 hours ago
- Seaplane #bobsburgers #GetGlue gtg.lu/1f5Xtuq 12 hours ago
- Just got this Superfan sticker. Check out my 249 other stickers on #GetGlue gtg.lu/1isCORf 12 hours ago
- Indoor beach in Japan - Google+ weheartit.com/link/HWQtSo 14 hours ago
- I've never seen someone do something so moving with mannequins. @ProInfirmis (via @Upworthy) upworthy.com/i-bet-these-pe… 14 hours ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.