Getting to know people and making friends online with Social Media
I am naturally a friendly person. I have always had a lot of friends.
You have to be a bit cautious online when trusting a new person, but you can certainly meet wonderful people.
The best way to meet people is on sites where you have something in common. Groups are pretty good at rooting out phony people!
I am in a number of great groups on Facebook, Empire Avenue, and ning sites like Brandergy.com. I love meeting people on IBOToolbox.com, too!
I believe when you connect with people on a number of sites, you get to know them better.
Sometimes you really connect with someone and become friends. That is special.
I find groups that are supportive in business, online projects, blogging, mental health, therapeutic, and more. I have a lot of health issues, and it is nice to know people that are dealing with similar things in their lives.
I know a lot of people use online sites for dating and romance. I am really glad that I am out of that category, because I think that it is a little scary.
When someone contacts me on skype or Facebook chat that I don’t know, I kind of test them out a bit. Sometimes they have no knowledge of the place that they say they live – HUGE red flag!!
You can make really good lasting friendships online. I have a small groups of women on a group on Sparkpeople.com. We share so much, and I have been with them for something like 7 years. Those are true friends.
If you are a young girl or boy, make sure your parents know who you are chatting with online!
For adults, be friendly, but keep your safety conscious part of your brain active, too!
Remember, if something smells off it probably is.
Other than that, make friends and have fun!
- 53,619 hits
- (1) Facebook weheartit.com/link/8386Jv 4 hours ago
- Japan in your lifeРІСњВ¤ weheartit.com/link/uRVwij 4 hours ago
- Ron has lived on the streets of Columbus for 4 years bit.ly/1hWeyLc ⊕ I-donate-my-voice.For-additional.info/click-the-link… 8 hours ago
- Hello, Today is 17april2014. I am helping a close friend to pose this and appeal for help for people staying in… plus.google.com/10381424468674… 15 hours ago
- Check this out on #skillpages skillpages.com/s/cXSPhsd_EeOc… via @skillpages 15 hours ago
- HP Slider 4.20.14Slider Slide HED: Your Stomach On Stress Slider Slide DEK: This is what happens to your poor belly when you worry so much Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Ask Dr. Stork: Can Stress Give You Stomach Cramps? Slider Slide HED: 23 Ways To Eat Clean Slider Slide DEK: Simple swaps you can make today Slider Slide […]ABeal
- HP Slider 4.19.14Slider Slide HED: Why You Just Can't Lose Weight Slider Slide DEK: Prevention's RD weighs in on what it'll take to make real change Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): What's The Trick To Sticking With A Diet? Slider Slide HED: Scrumptious Strawberries Slider Slide DEK: Welcome spring with […]ABeal
- How To Make A Green Smoothie That Isn't All KaleKitchen skills are not an issue for professional chef and TV personality Candice Kumai, but when she moved to New York, Kumai found she still needed a simpler way to meet her daily nutrition needs. “Learning to watch my diet in a healthy way that was quick and easy was what I was looking for,” she says, and she found it in green drinks—juices and smoothies p […]ABeal
- What Your Sleeping Position Says About Your RelationshipWhat happens between the sheets may be a huge predictor of how satisfied you are with your relationship—and not in the way you might think. A recent survey from the University of Hertfordshire in the United Kingdom found a link between sleep position and happiness in a relationship. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]arush
- Katherine Harmon CourageContributor Display as Expert: 0ABeal
- How Doctors Successfully Implanted Lab-Grown Vaginas Into 4 WomenFor women with Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome, life can be difficult. Born with an absent or underdeveloped vagina, women suffering MRKH often have difficulty experiencing a normal sex life, can fail to menstruate and sometimes cannot reproduce naturally. But now, researchers from Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center have found a way to normalize life […]mmessing
- Why You Eat More Soft-Baked Cookies Than Crunchy OnesThe claim: Crispy, soft or rough, the texture of a food may determine your perception of its calories and change the amount of it you eat, according to a new study from the Journal of Consumer Research. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]emFrey
- HP Slider 4.18.14Slider Slide HED: 4 Things Happy People Know Slider Slide DEK: What the world's most blissful people have in common Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 4 Things The World's Happiest People Have In Common Slider Slide HED: 23 Ways To Eat Clean Slider Slide DEK: Simple swaps you can make today Slider […]ABeal
- channel slider - weight loss - 04.17.14Slider Active Date: Thu, 04/17/2014 - 17:40 Slider Slide HED: Ready? Slider Slide DEK: It's time to start your 28-day transformation! Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Welcome To The 2014 28-Day Transformation Challenge! Slider Slide HED: Strawberries 101 Slider Slide DEK: 17 scrumptious recipes for t […]mroberson
- channel slider - fitness 04.17.14Slider Active Date: Thu, 04/17/2014 - 17:30 Slider Slide HED: Ready? Slider Slide DEK: Welcome to the 28-day transformation challenge! Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Welcome To The 2014 28-Day Transformation Challenge! Slider Slide HED: Get Inspired Slider Slide DEK: Words of wisdom to stay motivated al […]mroberson