Getting to know people and making friends online with Social Media
I am naturally a friendly person. I have always had a lot of friends.
You have to be a bit cautious online when trusting a new person, but you can certainly meet wonderful people.
The best way to meet people is on sites where you have something in common. Groups are pretty good at rooting out phony people!
I am in a number of great groups on Facebook, Empire Avenue, and ning sites like Brandergy.com. I love meeting people on IBOToolbox.com, too!
I believe when you connect with people on a number of sites, you get to know them better.
Sometimes you really connect with someone and become friends. That is special.
I find groups that are supportive in business, online projects, blogging, mental health, therapeutic, and more. I have a lot of health issues, and it is nice to know people that are dealing with similar things in their lives.
I know a lot of people use online sites for dating and romance. I am really glad that I am out of that category, because I think that it is a little scary.
When someone contacts me on skype or Facebook chat that I don’t know, I kind of test them out a bit. Sometimes they have no knowledge of the place that they say they live – HUGE red flag!!
You can make really good lasting friendships online. I have a small groups of women on a group on Sparkpeople.com. We share so much, and I have been with them for something like 7 years. Those are true friends.
If you are a young girl or boy, make sure your parents know who you are chatting with online!
For adults, be friendly, but keep your safety conscious part of your brain active, too!
Remember, if something smells off it probably is.
Other than that, make friends and have fun!
- 55,388 hits
- G+: Beautiful Austrian Lake scenery goo.gl/V3Aqqn 2 hours ago
- G+: What a pretty breakfast! (Hashbrown Breakfast Bake with Egg, Mushroom, Baked Beans and Bacon) goo.gl/ftqs7U 2 hours ago
- G+: Sweet babies! (WooHoo...it's Labor Day Weekend!) goo.gl/GZwZnU 2 hours ago
- Sweet babies! fb.me/2SWVcdSGa 2 hours ago
- What a pretty breakfast! fb.me/3faWxwohg 2 hours ago
- The Natural Ingredient 2 Food Brands Are Now DroppingHey, you know what I like to eat? Food. Au naturel, unfooled around with food. Not the stuff added to my food to make it "better." So I was pleased to hear that WhiteWave Foods, which owns Silk and Horizon Dairy, recently announced it would stop using carrageenan in both product lines due to mounting consumer pressure. read moreemFrey
- 7 New Ridiculously Tasty Avocado RecipesDeclaration: We are having a culinary love affair with avocados. Which makes sense since avocados are easy, healthy, and “make everything better,” confirms Lianna Sugarman, the New York founder of raw beverage company, LuliTonix. She's a big fan of the fruit and a master of blending it with chia seeds, kale, and herbs. "They have amazing anti-infla […]ABeal
- How Junk Food Makes You...Boring? Junk food doesn't just make you fat (though it does a great job of that). It might also make you boring to eat around. That's what a new study published in Frontiers in Psychologysuggests. The research team was interested in how a "cafeteria diet"—one loaded with cheap, high-calorie food—affects the animals' natural preference for no […]emFrey
- 5 Tips For Going On Vacation Without Gaining WeightIf you're on a diet and heading off on vacation, here are some ways to enjoy yourself without gaining weight: Pack for the plane. Most airline meals and snack boxes have more than 1,000 calories! Pack your own snacks or shop the airport for healthier choices. My favorite travel snack is beef jerky and an apple. Jerky is low in calories and fat and the […]mmessing
- 7 Healthy Foods That Can Backfire If You Eat Too Much Of ThemYou know that eating an entire box of cookies in one sitting isn't good for you—but experts say overdoing it with certain more nutritious foods could be just as dangerous. There's no need to ditch these foods from your diet altogether—but you'll want to avoid taking in excessive amounts since that's when they can start to compromise your […]emFrey
- What Your Facebook Posts Say About Your RelationshipOversharing on Facebook is pretty much always annoying. You ate a sandwich? Great—but no one really needs to see it. Those lovey-dovey posts about how handsome your hubby is, or pictures of the two of you smooching? Also rather grating (especially for your single pals)—but there’s more to those posts than you might think. read moreemFrey
- The American City That Sleeps The Least Is...Every city moves to a different rhythm—and now we’ve got the numbers to prove it. It’s all thanks to data analyst Brian Wilt, who tracked the habits of people who use UP, a sleep-and-movement tracking system that includes a wristband and smartphone app. His results compile the activity of more than 5,000 users of the technology in 45 cities worldwide. read m […]cpraderio
- What It's Like To Grow Up Terrified You'll Inherit Your Mother's SchizophreniaIn 1974, when I was 7 and my sister was a toddler, my mother changed: From a housewife whose main concern was the care and feeding of her family, she turned into a woman who believed a secret war was imminent. One day she packed up, drove us to a summer cottage we owned on a remote corner of the Virginia peninsula, and started setting up a MASH unit for the […]vwolk
- 11 Workout Tips For Achy JointsWhen I was in my 20s, I’d go to the gym, hop on a machine and start working out without thinking twice about my joints. Now, at 55, there are days when it seems a whole lot easier to skip my workout altogether than to deal with my achy knees. And, since you’re reading this, I’m guessing you can relate to my frustration. read moreszdanow
- Can You Really Be Fit And Fat? One Mammal Has It Down.Self-proclaimed champions of multitasking, listen up: There’s a new kid on the block. You’re about to meet the creature whose do-it-all nonchalance puts your email-while-exercising skills to shame, a being who’d only shrug at your dinner-made-while-helping-with-homework ability. That’s because this natural wonder has mastered the art of being fat and healthy […]cpraderio