Getting to know people and making friends online with Social Media
I am naturally a friendly person. I have always had a lot of friends.
You have to be a bit cautious online when trusting a new person, but you can certainly meet wonderful people.
The best way to meet people is on sites where you have something in common. Groups are pretty good at rooting out phony people!
I am in a number of great groups on Facebook, Empire Avenue, and ning sites like Brandergy.com. I love meeting people on IBOToolbox.com, too!
I believe when you connect with people on a number of sites, you get to know them better.
Sometimes you really connect with someone and become friends. That is special.
I find groups that are supportive in business, online projects, blogging, mental health, therapeutic, and more. I have a lot of health issues, and it is nice to know people that are dealing with similar things in their lives.
I know a lot of people use online sites for dating and romance. I am really glad that I am out of that category, because I think that it is a little scary.
When someone contacts me on skype or Facebook chat that I don’t know, I kind of test them out a bit. Sometimes they have no knowledge of the place that they say they live – HUGE red flag!!
You can make really good lasting friendships online. I have a small groups of women on a group on Sparkpeople.com. We share so much, and I have been with them for something like 7 years. Those are true friends.
If you are a young girl or boy, make sure your parents know who you are chatting with online!
For adults, be friendly, but keep your safety conscious part of your brain active, too!
Remember, if something smells off it probably is.
Other than that, make friends and have fun!
- 54,923 hits
- Today stats: 2 followers, 13 unfollowers via uapp.ly 5 hours ago
- G+: @Wonderful circle share @with + goo.gl/gufH51 goo.gl/Zstg6W 14 hours ago
- Sally K Witt, Internet Success 4 You! is out! ln.is/paper.li/sally… Stories via @ambitiousdivine 15 hours ago
- Wonderful circle share with Chris Cota fplus.me/p/8uBU/53c98b0e 15 hours ago
- You will thank us for inviting you to this Webinar!! ln.is/wp.me/8y1hY via @wordpressdotcom 16 hours ago
- Raising Your StandardsMuse Text: When you’re too focused on living up to other people’s standards, you aren’t spending enough time raising your own. Muse Author: Kris Carr Muse Background: orange citrus Muse Font: Chunk Five Publish Date Time: Mon, 08/11/2014 - 04:00 Sponsor Brand Message: What's Your Mountain? Presented By: Presented by Post Grape-Nuts Brand URL: ht […]mkamerman
- Making Peace with GuiltMuse Text: Make peace with guilt. Guilt is a poisonous illusion. Many languages don’t even have a word for guilt. Muse Author: Kris Carr Muse Background: yellow flowers Muse Font: Chunk Five Publish Date Time: Sun, 08/10/2014 - 04:00 Sponsor Brand Message: What's Your Mountain? Presented By: Presented by Post Grape-Nuts Brand URL: https://www.fa […]mkamerman
- Nurturing OurselvesMuse Text: If we think of our bodies as separate from our minds—as if they're animals we're caring for—it can help us to direct some of that love and nurturing we're so good at giving others toward ourselves. Muse Author: La Flamme Muse Background: teal wave Muse Font: Bitter Publish Date Time: Sun, 08/03/2014 - 04:00 Sponsor Brand Messag […]mkamerman
- Romantic TimeMuse Text: Romantic time with one another is what a relationship should be about—it should not just be the icing on the cake. Muse Author: Weiner-Davis Muse Background: orange citrus Muse Font: Lora Publish Date Time: Sat, 08/02/2014 - 04:00 Sponsor Brand Message: What's Your Mountain? Presented By: Presented by Post Grape-Nuts Brand URL: https: […]mkamerman
- Self-TalkMuse Text: Changing how you talk to yourself can be one of the most important things you can do for your health, your mood and your body! Muse Author: Chris Freytag Muse Background: yellow flowers Muse Font: Crete Round Publish Date Time: Fri, 08/01/2014 - 04:00 Sponsor Brand Message: What's Your Mountain? Presented By: Presented by Post Grape-Nu […]mkamerman
- HP Slider 7.31.14Slider Slide HED: Where Does The Fat Go... Slider Slide DEK: ...when you lose weight? Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Where'd You Go, Fat? Slider Slide HED: Help Make Prevention Even Better Slider Slide DEK: Take our survey, and enter for a chance to win $500 Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbna […]ABeal
- Tori RodriguezContributor Display as Expert: 0ABeal
- Best Reason To Hug A Tree Today? They Save 850 Lives A Year. (Feel The Love)Score one more for the great outdoors. According to a study published by the USDA Forest Service, America’s trees help save more than 850 lives every year and prevent 670,000 episodes of acute respiratory symptoms. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]ehaak
- bottom promo - pvn reader surveyNO PURCHASE OR COMPLETION OF SURVEY NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. For complete rules and details, visit www.prevention.com/summersurveyrulesemFrey
- Now There's Bread Made Out Of BroccoliRemember the days when bread was basic? Yeast, salt, flour: boom, the staff of life. But now, sandwiches are housed between all kinds of slices, from gluten-free bread to the kind KFC makes entirely out of fried chicken. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]ABeal