What does Social Media have to do with Ministry?
There are some wonderful ways to share your faith with others online, and to help others with ministry.
1. Prayer Requests – you can share your requests, and help others with their request. Feel free to leave your prayer requests in the comments section, and I encourage everyone to help pray for each other.
2. Bible verses and Bible stories – sharing encouraging passages and stories online will bring more light and hope into the world.
3. Testimonials and personal stories of success – Any time that God blesses you, it is an opportunity to display your gratitude and share it with others to encourage them.
We are always interested in sharing and helping others, and being online is an amazing opportunity to bring love and hope to every corner of the earth instantly!
Learning about our world, and the way that people have to fight to live in faith is so important.
Our good friends Dan and Norma Wooding have a ministry called ASSIST – Aid to Special Saints in Strategic Times.
We worked with them in the “olden” days when communication with people in other countries was by post! It took weeks to hear back and forth in those days.
Now they share information instantly on the internet. Very cool.
Check out their news service at http://www.assistnews.net/
This is their gateway website http://www.assist-ministries.com/
There are also a number of great websites for prayer support!
If a website asks you to pay for a prayer request, just leave! If they just ask for donations in general, that is ok. No one can ever charge you to pray for you!!
You can do your own search, or try some of these sites -
Free Bible Study Info (there are lots more, too)
Christian Support Chats, just a start – you can find others, too
Tell us sites that you like to use in the comments!
Bruce and Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Take The 10K Challenge – 35 Min. A Day http://bit.ly/witt10k
- 55,943 hits
- #ft @Oress1984, @_atanas_, @CDHill9, @PennDragonArt, @CBPratt, @lawndude420, @Timothy_Hughes #followtuesday by twitnerd.com 7 hours ago
- #ft @Cordle2012, @saivinod, @JackiesBuzz, @OptioneerJM, @PaulXbrow2, @msmir, @fpvallet #followtuesday by twitnerd.com 7 hours ago
- #ft @yegispnk, @Randy_Gage, @nathanwpace, @WrapnLoseParty, @TClake, @Xavgenper, @McNabbShawn #followtuesday by twitnerd.com 7 hours ago
- #ft @wideglide96, @disco2man, @tzarulnicolai, @mindykoch, @ouRightsORG, @TolkienLibrary #followtuesday by twitnerd.com 7 hours ago
- #ft @Logik007, @Late_Bloomers, @ChadwickHalse, @SydesJokes, @AmarisAdara, @rangerj #followtuesday by twitnerd.com 7 hours ago
- The Rx Meds That Do More Harm Than GoodA class of powerful prescription painkillers called opioids—which includes name-brand drugs like Vicodin and OxyContin—comes with more risks than benefits, argues a new position paper in the journal Neurology. In fact, the author of the paper refers to the rise in opioid use as “a national epidemic and public health emergency.” read moreABeal
- 3 Surprising Oatmeal Recipes You Can Eat For Every MealOatmeal is about to have a moment, and Sam Stephens is so on it. Stephens is the founder of Oatmeals, a quaint oatmeal bar in the West Village with a "choose your toppings" concept that resembles a fro-yo joint, except that she's traded the yogurt for wholesome oats and the brownie bites for almond butter. She was also chosen as Quaker's […]ABeal
- The Weird Link Between Your Changing Skirt Size And Breast Cancer RiskIf your scale's been creeping in the wrong direction for a while now, fitting into last year's fall clothes may not be your only concern. A new study published in BMJ shows that going up a skirt size every 10 years between your mid 20s and mid 60s is linked to a 33% hike in postmenopausal breast cancer risk. read moreemFrey
- 6 Quick Ideas For RhubarbWhen these red and green stalks appear at the farmer's market, it's a sure sign that spring has arrived. Although technically a vegetable and rarely eaten raw, rhubarb has great fruity flavor when paired with a sweetener to tone down its tartness. Bright-red varieties are prized for color, but they're not necessarily sweeter than green types. […]ABeal
- Here's How To Freeze Fruits And Veggies So They Don't Get MushyHolding on to the final bit of sun-kissed produce means—funnily enough—freezing it. Wash, cut, and prep your favorite produce as directed below, then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and freeze until firm. Transfer to a freezer bag and label. Corn: Shave the kernels from the cob before freezing. (Try these 5 delicious ideas for corn.) read more […]ABeal
- The Scientific Reason You Are—Or Are Not—Sexually Attracted To SomeoneIf a naked female stands in front of a man, where do his eyes gaze first and why? What judgment can you make about a man based on his hands? Why can a seemingly beautiful person be such a physical turn off? Why do women flip their hair when sexually attracted? What facial clue on a man is correlated with him being less faithful? The answers to these question […]emFrey
- How Many Memory Slips Are Too Many?Everybody misplaces cell phones or forgets a name from time to time. But if you're older than 60 and feel like your memory is slipping, don't just ignore it—you may be at greater risk for brain diseases like dementia, according to new research from the University of Kentucky. read moreszdanow
- Is Salt Really The Enemy It's Always Been Accused Of Being?For anyone dealing with high blood pressure, the standard advice for decades has been to avoid salt as vigilantly as you avoid fingerprints on the subway. But now a new study says that salt may not be so bad for your heart's health after all. Can that really be true? read moreABeal
- The Weird New Link Between Work Stress And...AsthmaWorried your head may soon be on the chopping block? Even if you've never had breathing issues, worrying about losing your job could increase your risk for asthma, suggests a new BMJ study from European and New Zealand researchers. Using employment and health data on more than 7,000 people, the study team found the more a person worried about being can […]emFrey
- This Is How Diet Soda Can Make You Gain WeightThe whole point of sugar substitutes is that they give you the same sweet taste with none of the calories so that you can lose weight and be healthy. Too bad they may actually do the opposite, according to research from the Weizmann Institute of Science. While this counterintuitive fact has baffled researchers for some time, this new study seems to have disc […]emFrey