What does Social Media have to do with Ministry?
There are some wonderful ways to share your faith with others online, and to help others with ministry.
1. Prayer Requests – you can share your requests, and help others with their request. Feel free to leave your prayer requests in the comments section, and I encourage everyone to help pray for each other.
2. Bible verses and Bible stories – sharing encouraging passages and stories online will bring more light and hope into the world.
3. Testimonials and personal stories of success – Any time that God blesses you, it is an opportunity to display your gratitude and share it with others to encourage them.
We are always interested in sharing and helping others, and being online is an amazing opportunity to bring love and hope to every corner of the earth instantly!
Learning about our world, and the way that people have to fight to live in faith is so important.
Our good friends Dan and Norma Wooding have a ministry called ASSIST – Aid to Special Saints in Strategic Times.
We worked with them in the “olden” days when communication with people in other countries was by post! It took weeks to hear back and forth in those days.
Now they share information instantly on the internet. Very cool.
Check out their news service at http://www.assistnews.net/
This is their gateway website http://www.assist-ministries.com/
There are also a number of great websites for prayer support!
If a website asks you to pay for a prayer request, just leave! If they just ask for donations in general, that is ok. No one can ever charge you to pray for you!!
You can do your own search, or try some of these sites -
Free Bible Study Info (there are lots more, too)
Christian Support Chats, just a start – you can find others, too
Tell us sites that you like to use in the comments!
Bruce and Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Take The 10K Challenge – 35 Min. A Day http://bit.ly/witt10k
- 55,443 hits
- Today stats: 5 followers, 8 unfollowers and followed one person via uapp.ly 56 minutes ago
- Check out Lori Moreno on about.me! about.me/LoriMoreno fb.me/2ZJ2dJQUx 10 hours ago
- Check out Lori Moreno on about.me! fplus.me/p/97sC/53c98b0e http://t.co/WUUa5AyCHq 10 hours ago
- G+: #googleglass : failure or future ? what do you think? goo.gl/HLef9m 10 hours ago
- G+: + goo.gl/CfpwIY@released his music!! @Check it out. … goo.gl/3uYOIm 10 hours ago
- 9 Best Solutions For Knee PainWalking, kneeling, stair schlepping...Knees take abuse. No wonder 20% of us report having had pain in these joints in the past 3 months. Most arises from injuries and osteoarthritis, which are more common with age. Here's how to get a leg up on the pain. 1. Ice Photo by John Stockfood read moremmessing
- The Natural Ingredient 2 Food Brands Are Now DroppingHey, you know what I like to eat? Food. Au naturel, unfooled around with food. Not the stuff added to my food to make it "better." So I was pleased to hear that WhiteWave Foods, which owns Silk and Horizon Dairy, recently announced it would stop using carrageenan in both product lines due to mounting consumer pressure. read moreemFrey
- 7 New Ridiculously Tasty Avocado RecipesDeclaration: We are having a culinary love affair with avocados. Which makes sense since avocados are easy, healthy, and “make everything better,” confirms Lianna Sugarman, the New York founder of raw beverage company, LuliTonix. She's a big fan of the fruit and a master of blending it with chia seeds, kale, and herbs. "They have amazing anti-infla […]ABeal
- How Junk Food Makes You...Boring? Junk food doesn't just make you fat (though it does a great job of that). It might also make you boring to eat around. That's what a new study published in Frontiers in Psychologysuggests. The research team was interested in how a "cafeteria diet"—one loaded with cheap, high-calorie food—affects the animals' natural preference for no […]emFrey
- 5 Tips For Going On Vacation Without Gaining WeightIf you're on a diet and heading off on vacation, here are some ways to enjoy yourself without gaining weight: Pack for the plane. Most airline meals and snack boxes have more than 1,000 calories! Pack your own snacks or shop the airport for healthier choices. My favorite travel snack is beef jerky and an apple. Jerky is low in calories and fat and the […]mmessing
- 7 Healthy Foods That Can Backfire If You Eat Too Much Of ThemYou know that eating an entire box of cookies in one sitting isn't good for you—but experts say overdoing it with certain more nutritious foods could be just as dangerous. There's no need to ditch these foods from your diet altogether—but you'll want to avoid taking in excessive amounts since that's when they can start to compromise your […]emFrey
- What Your Facebook Posts Say About Your RelationshipOversharing on Facebook is pretty much always annoying. You ate a sandwich? Great—but no one really needs to see it. Those lovey-dovey posts about how handsome your hubby is, or pictures of the two of you smooching? Also rather grating (especially for your single pals)—but there’s more to those posts than you might think. read moreemFrey
- The American City That Sleeps The Least Is...Every city moves to a different rhythm—and now we’ve got the numbers to prove it. It’s all thanks to data analyst Brian Wilt, who tracked the habits of people who use UP, a sleep-and-movement tracking system that includes a wristband and smartphone app. His results compile the activity of more than 5,000 users of the technology in 45 cities worldwide. read m […]cpraderio
- What It's Like To Grow Up Terrified You'll Inherit Your Mother's SchizophreniaIn 1974, when I was 7 and my sister was a toddler, my mother changed: From a housewife whose main concern was the care and feeding of her family, she turned into a woman who believed a secret war was imminent. One day she packed up, drove us to a summer cottage we owned on a remote corner of the Virginia peninsula, and started setting up a MASH unit for the […]vwolk
- 11 Workout Tips For Achy JointsWhen I was in my 20s, I’d go to the gym, hop on a machine and start working out without thinking twice about my joints. Now, at 55, there are days when it seems a whole lot easier to skip my workout altogether than to deal with my achy knees. And, since you’re reading this, I’m guessing you can relate to my frustration. read moreszdanow