What does Social Media have to do with Ministry?
There are some wonderful ways to share your faith with others online, and to help others with ministry.
1. Prayer Requests – you can share your requests, and help others with their request. Feel free to leave your prayer requests in the comments section, and I encourage everyone to help pray for each other.
2. Bible verses and Bible stories – sharing encouraging passages and stories online will bring more light and hope into the world.
3. Testimonials and personal stories of success – Any time that God blesses you, it is an opportunity to display your gratitude and share it with others to encourage them.
We are always interested in sharing and helping others, and being online is an amazing opportunity to bring love and hope to every corner of the earth instantly!
Learning about our world, and the way that people have to fight to live in faith is so important.
Our good friends Dan and Norma Wooding have a ministry called ASSIST – Aid to Special Saints in Strategic Times.
We worked with them in the “olden” days when communication with people in other countries was by post! It took weeks to hear back and forth in those days.
Now they share information instantly on the internet. Very cool.
Check out their news service at http://www.assistnews.net/
This is their gateway website http://www.assist-ministries.com/
There are also a number of great websites for prayer support!
If a website asks you to pay for a prayer request, just leave! If they just ask for donations in general, that is ok. No one can ever charge you to pray for you!!
You can do your own search, or try some of these sites -
Free Bible Study Info (there are lots more, too)
Christian Support Chats, just a start – you can find others, too
Tell us sites that you like to use in the comments!
Bruce and Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Take The 10K Challenge – 35 Min. A Day http://bit.ly/witt10k
- 56,366 hits
- @FishingKev Thanks for sharing that. You're featured on my @RebelMouse rbl.ms/1kfZFql 8 hours ago
- G+: 9 Phenomenal Photographs of the Northern Lights in Norway goo.gl/kzuNkH 8 hours ago
- RT @FishingKev: #Wishes To visit the ocean at #Thanksgiving heronetwork.com/wish/home?id=1… #The Wishing Well via @theheronetwork FB Post http://… 8 hours ago
- Love this!! plus.google.com/10381424468674… http://t.co/py0VjHppZE 8 hours ago
- ‘A Chorus of Keys': A Song Created Entirely From the Sounds of Typing on Iconic Keyboards [VIDEO] ln.is/blog.dashburst… via @DashBurst 8 hours ago
- The One Time You Should Never Ever Use Hand SanitizerUh-oh, that hand sanitizer dispenser next to the cash register at your favorite lunch spot might be doing way more harm than good. Lather up before you grab the receipt, and you could unknowingly expose yourself to crazy-high amounts of the estrogen-mimicking chemical BPA, according to new research published in the journal PLoS One. read moremmessing
- 5 Guilt-Free Potpie RecipesThese savory potpies are the definition of fall comfort food—with a clean, modern, low-sugar twist. Get ready to find your new favorite potpie, plus, a super-easy dough recipe. MORE: 20 Classic Fall Recipes You'll Loveread moremmessing
- The Surprising Reason You May Be Able To Eat More Fat Than MenHere’s a new finding that throws the whole "girls eat salad, guys eat steak" thing right out the window: Premenopausal women appear to be less susceptible to the artery-clogging effects of saturated fat-rich meals than men, according to new research published in Cell Reports. read moreemitchell
- The Bizarre Thing That Happens Every Time You Drink A SodaIf you drink a lot of soda, you may want to brace yourself—literally. Swallowing soft drinks may increase your risk for hip fractures or other bone issues, suggests new research in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. The study team examined data on more than 70,000 post-menopausal women. Among those who slurped 12-ounces of soda (or more) daily, the […]mmessing
- The Calorie-Counting Trick That Actually WorksThe next time the line at Starbucks is threatening to burn through your resolve to eat clean—that 420-calorie chocolate-chunk cookie would go so well with a latte, wouldn't it?—take a few seconds to do some mental math and your craving may quickly evaporate. Factoring the "exercise equivalent" of an item—how long it would take to to burn it of […]vwolk
- Meditation: The Best Thing To Happen To Sleep Since PillowsIf you're averaging less than 7 hours a night (which most Americans are), you're not getting sufficient shut-eye (see how lack of sleep can wreak havoc on your health). But smartphone bans and warm baths only go so far. Here's a bigger-commitment strategy that's worth it: meditation. read moreemitchell
- The Scary Truth About What You Did Last Night In BedDid you get less than 7 hours of sleep? Thought so (40% of Americans do). Averaging that much can kill you—literally. Sleep is just as vital to good health as diet and exercise, and not getting enough can lead to diabetes, obesity, and heart trouble. Now scientists are adding one more wake-up call to that list: Lack of sleep damages the brain. As in, gives y […]emitchell
- The Natural Fix For Your Seasonal DepressionFeeling blue or just down on yourself? Downing more produce could help. A new study in BMJ Open finds that adequate fruit and veggie intake was associated with big mental perks, helping to lift levels of optimism, happiness, self-esteem, and resilience. Great news, considering about a half million Americans suffer from seasonal affective disorder (SAD) and u […]emFrey
- 10 Perfect Snacks To Pair With CoffeeIt's 10 am and you need a post-breakfast, pre-lunch pick-me-up. A satisfying snack that can both complement your second (OK, third) cup of coffee without sabotaging your lunch. But what?—you've sworn off junk like doughnuts, but raw kale chips aren't going to cut it either. Try these 10 healthy options with flavors that go well with a cup of j […]emitchell
- 11 Natural Solutions For Bad BreathEveryone worries about bad breath from time to time especially after a spicy meal or a cup of coffee. In fact, about 9 percent of people reported having bad breath within the past 6 months, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). For some people, bad breath is persistent and experts agree it’s likely a symptom of a more serious hea […]szdanow