What does Social Media have to do with Ministry?
There are some wonderful ways to share your faith with others online, and to help others with ministry.
1. Prayer Requests – you can share your requests, and help others with their request. Feel free to leave your prayer requests in the comments section, and I encourage everyone to help pray for each other.
2. Bible verses and Bible stories – sharing encouraging passages and stories online will bring more light and hope into the world.
3. Testimonials and personal stories of success – Any time that God blesses you, it is an opportunity to display your gratitude and share it with others to encourage them.
We are always interested in sharing and helping others, and being online is an amazing opportunity to bring love and hope to every corner of the earth instantly!
Learning about our world, and the way that people have to fight to live in faith is so important.
Our good friends Dan and Norma Wooding have a ministry called ASSIST – Aid to Special Saints in Strategic Times.
We worked with them in the “olden” days when communication with people in other countries was by post! It took weeks to hear back and forth in those days.
Now they share information instantly on the internet. Very cool.
Check out their news service at http://www.assistnews.net/
This is their gateway website http://www.assist-ministries.com/
There are also a number of great websites for prayer support!
If a website asks you to pay for a prayer request, just leave! If they just ask for donations in general, that is ok. No one can ever charge you to pray for you!!
You can do your own search, or try some of these sites -
Free Bible Study Info (there are lots more, too)
Christian Support Chats, just a start – you can find others, too
Tell us sites that you like to use in the comments!
Bruce and Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Take The 10K Challenge – 35 Min. A Day http://bit.ly/witt10k
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- 45,705 hits
- Photo: I’m watching Grey’s Anatomy “Readiness is All” 105 others are also watching. Grey’s Anatomy on... tmblr.co/ZgpBUxlY51it 1 hour ago
- Patricia Vining: Wedding Industry Insider: Tradeshows, Tweets and Talent nblo.gs/LsMiK 1 hour ago
- Patricia Vining: Wedding Industry Insider: Tradeshows, Tweets and Talent fb.me/2IQhzSHh5 1 hour ago
- Xbox One Unveiled! nblo.gs/LsMiL 1 hour ago
- Xbox One Unveiled! fb.me/2KlLwhWMp 1 hour ago
- HP Slider 5.22.13Slider Slide HED: Are You Happiness Material? Slider Slide DEK: Don't count yourself out just yet. Here's how to feel more joy, no matter what. Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Everything You Know About Happiness Is Wrong Slider Slide HED: Arm Yourself For Summer Slider Slide DEK: The 10-minute r […]ABeal
- The Case For Getting Smart About SoundYou've no doubt heard of the harmful effects loud noises can have on both your hearing and your health. (In fact, we briefly reported on the issue here.) But a study in the May issue of Environmental Health Perspectives gives your body a new cause for concern: everyday noise, such as cell phone rings and conversation. It turns out that those sounds can […]scastillo
- 6 Sunscreens That Should Stay On the ShelfWhen it comes to protecting yourself from the sun, sunscreen shouldn’t be your only line of defense. Just 25% of sun protection products offer safe against both UVA and UVB rays without also being littered with potentially unsafe sunscreen ingredients, says Nneka Leiba, Environmental Working Group's (EWG) deputy director of research and the lead researc […]crossi
- Avoid the Afternoon SlumpWe’ve all seen the commercials, promising that an energy shot or caffeinated drink will free us of that sluggish “3PM feeling.” But while a jolt of java might make it easier to power through the afternoon, there’s no avoiding a crash later. What if, instead, you avoided that head-on-the-keyboard slump altogether? Turns out, the key may not be in a caffeine-f […]crossi
- Adapted from The Active Calorie Diet by Leslie BonciContributor Display as Expert: 0ABeal
- Radiation May Not Be a Breast Cancer Cure AllThe biggest challenge in treating breast cancer is finding the delicate balance between aggressively pursuing a cure and causing as little damage as possible to tender tissue so reconstruction is possible. Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]crossi
- The Painful Side Effect of SodaAdd this to the roster of reasons you save soda for only rare prime-number birthday parties: they might be at the root of kidney stones. Facebook Comments: 0 read morecrossi
- HP Slider 5.21.13Slider Slide HED: When There Just Aren't Words Slider Slide DEK: How to cope when tragedy strikes Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): What's Your Coping Style? Slider Slide HED: Breaking Free Of Perfectionism Slider Slide DEK: 10 keys for getting out of the diet trap—and getting your weight on track […]ABeal
- Mind Body Channel 05202013Slider Active Date: Mon, 05/20/2013 - 05:33 Slider Slide HED: Train Your Brain! Slider Slide DEK: Replace your crossword with these 6 new brain boosters Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (External): http://www.prevention.com/health/brain-games/6-brain-boosting-products Slider Slide HED: Your Social Media Diet Slider Sl […]nelias
- Your Anti-Anxiety PlaybookDo you bottle up your anger, or wear your heart on your sleeve? If you’re in the first camp, chances are you’re no stranger to anxiety. Researchers at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign surveyed 179 healthy men and women, asking them how they regulated their emotions and how anxious they were. Participants tended to respond to situations in one o […]emFrey