What does Social Media have to do with Ministry?
There are some wonderful ways to share your faith with others online, and to help others with ministry.
1. Prayer Requests – you can share your requests, and help others with their request. Feel free to leave your prayer requests in the comments section, and I encourage everyone to help pray for each other.
2. Bible verses and Bible stories – sharing encouraging passages and stories online will bring more light and hope into the world.
3. Testimonials and personal stories of success – Any time that God blesses you, it is an opportunity to display your gratitude and share it with others to encourage them.
We are always interested in sharing and helping others, and being online is an amazing opportunity to bring love and hope to every corner of the earth instantly!
Learning about our world, and the way that people have to fight to live in faith is so important.
Our good friends Dan and Norma Wooding have a ministry called ASSIST – Aid to Special Saints in Strategic Times.
We worked with them in the “olden” days when communication with people in other countries was by post! It took weeks to hear back and forth in those days.
Now they share information instantly on the internet. Very cool.
Check out their news service at http://www.assistnews.net/
This is their gateway website http://www.assist-ministries.com/
There are also a number of great websites for prayer support!
If a website asks you to pay for a prayer request, just leave! If they just ask for donations in general, that is ok. No one can ever charge you to pray for you!!
You can do your own search, or try some of these sites -
Free Bible Study Info (there are lots more, too)
Christian Support Chats, just a start – you can find others, too
Tell us sites that you like to use in the comments!
Bruce and Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Take The 10K Challenge – 35 Min. A Day http://bit.ly/witt10k
- 56,335 hits
- Checked in automatically with the Uber Check-In app! ubercheckin.com (@ Mannino's Family Restaurant) 4sq.com/1yTFmEN 5 hours ago
- Checked in automatically with the Uber Check-In app! ubercheckin.com (@ empireavenue.com/sallykwitt) 4sq.com/ZDR0Ed 5 hours ago
- Checked in automatically with the Uber Check-In app! ubercheckin.com (@ Library Reading Rm in PA) 4sq.com/ZDQUwm 5 hours ago
- Checked in automatically with the Uber Check-In app! ubercheckin.com (@ Internetsuccess4you.com) 4sq.com/ZDQW7C 5 hours ago
- Checked in automatically with the Uber Check-In app! ubercheckin.com (@ Scenic Arbor Lea in Yardley, PA) 4sq.com/1wl4j7F 5 hours ago
- The Scary Truth About What You Did Last Night In BedDid you get less than 7 hours of sleep? Thought so (40% of Americans do). Averaging that much can kill you—literally. Sleep is just as vital to good health as diet and exercise, and not getting enough can lead to diabetes, obesity, and heart trouble. Now scientists are adding one more wake-up call to that list: Lack of sleep damages the brain. As in, gives y […]emitchell
- The Natural Fix For Your Seasonal DepressionFeeling blue or just down on yourself? Downing more produce could help. A new study in BMJ Open finds that adequate fruit and veggie intake was associated with big mental perks, helping to lift levels of optimism, happiness, self-esteem, and resilience. Great news, considering about a half million Americans suffer from seasonal affective disorder (SAD) and u […]emFrey
- 11 Natural Solutions For Bad BreathEveryone worries about bad breath from time to time especially after a spicy meal or a cup of coffee. In fact, about 9 percent of people reported having bad breath within the past 6 months, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). For some people, bad breath is persistent and experts agree it’s likely a symptom of a more serious hea […]szdanow
- 7 Fantastic Recipes For Fall VeggiesYou just went to the farmers' market and your reusable tote bags are filled with colorful Brussels sprouts, apples, pears, squash, and beets. And while more healthy goodness is always great thing—"eating in-season means your fruits and vegetables are at their peak of nutrient density," says Miranda Hammer, RD, of The Crunchy Radish—so is knowi […]ABeal
- 3 Unbelievable Benefits of Tart Cherry JuiceLet us let you in on the juicy new secret of natural cures: tart cherry juice, the antioxidant-rich liquid that’s increasingly being hailed as an answer to pain, swelling, and sleeplessness. (We hear the rest of the juice aisle is feeling a little sour with jealousy.) Grab a bottle at your grocery store and read up on the powerful health benefits research ha […]cpraderio
- BroccoLeaf: The New Kale You Have To TryGet your blenders, salad bowls, and skillets ready—there's a new leafy green in town, and it's seriously tasty. BroccoLeaf, the latest offering from Foxy Brands, is exactly what it sounds like—the nutrient-dense leaves of the broccoli plant that farmers have traditionally tossed aside while cultivating broccoli crowns. read moreszdanow
- 5 Reasons Your Allergies Are Driving You Crazy This FallThought you left the seasonal sniffles with your sandals and sundresses? Anyone with weed and mold allergies can tell you that spring isn't the only season that can make you suffer—autumn is also a red-eyed, runny-nosed minefield. Find out what's making your allergies seem so bad right now, plus learn how to take control of your symptoms. read more […]mmessing
- 5 Surprising Ways You're Seriously Hurting Your TeethWhen it comes to cavities, there are the usual suspects to blame: soda, sugar, shoddy brushing. But other chomper wreckers may fill your daily routine, too. Keep reading for 5 unexpected dental culprits—and the best ways to stop them. read moreemitchell
- The At-Home Tool That Seriously Takes Years Off Your Face In 5 MinutesThere are tons of gadgets claiming to tighten and sculpt every inch of your body, and they typically have 2 things in common: They usually star in late-night infomercials, and they promise way more than they deliver. So naturally, when we tested the facial toning device NuFACE mini ($199; mynuface.com), we were expecting a whole lot of nothing to happen. But […]jchia
- 10 Exercises To Help You Hate Skinny Jeans LessWe've all had that moment. The one when you're halfway into a pair of jeans and you just know they're not going to go up without an epic struggle. Or the moment when you manage to get them up, but walking feels like like torture—and you can't even think about sitting. read moreemitchell