What does Social Media have to do with Ministry?
There are some wonderful ways to share your faith with others online, and to help others with ministry.
1. Prayer Requests – you can share your requests, and help others with their request. Feel free to leave your prayer requests in the comments section, and I encourage everyone to help pray for each other.
2. Bible verses and Bible stories – sharing encouraging passages and stories online will bring more light and hope into the world.
3. Testimonials and personal stories of success – Any time that God blesses you, it is an opportunity to display your gratitude and share it with others to encourage them.
We are always interested in sharing and helping others, and being online is an amazing opportunity to bring love and hope to every corner of the earth instantly!
Learning about our world, and the way that people have to fight to live in faith is so important.
Our good friends Dan and Norma Wooding have a ministry called ASSIST – Aid to Special Saints in Strategic Times.
We worked with them in the “olden” days when communication with people in other countries was by post! It took weeks to hear back and forth in those days.
Now they share information instantly on the internet. Very cool.
Check out their news service at http://www.assistnews.net/
This is their gateway website http://www.assist-ministries.com/
There are also a number of great websites for prayer support!
If a website asks you to pay for a prayer request, just leave! If they just ask for donations in general, that is ok. No one can ever charge you to pray for you!!
You can do your own search, or try some of these sites -
Free Bible Study Info (there are lots more, too)
Christian Support Chats, just a start – you can find others, too
Tell us sites that you like to use in the comments!
Bruce and Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Take The 10K Challenge – 35 Min. A Day http://bit.ly/witt10k
- 53,741 hits
- I'm at Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell (Pennington, NJ) 4sq.com/1lKPJku 2 hours ago
- I'm at Capital Health LL Cafeteria (NJ) 4sq.com/1hsH0PU 2 hours ago
- I'm at Radiation Oncology At Capital Health (NJ) 4sq.com/PxDPQi 2 hours ago
- I'm at Mercer Bucks Hematology Oncology, PC (Pennington, NJ) 4sq.com/1jHXRzO 2 hours ago
- Just posted a photo instagram.com/p/nLwUJYNe73/ 4 hours ago
- HP Slider 4.25.14Slider Slide HED: Find Your New Favorite Smoothie Slider Slide DEK: Our Friday gift to you: 159 smoothie recipes. You're welcome. Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (External): http://recipes.prevention.com/Recipes/SearchResults.aspx?WithKeyword=smoothie Slider Slide HED: Love In The Time Of Detox Slider Slide DEK: […]ABeal
- Happy Hour's New Health BenefitThe claim: “It’s five o’clock somewhere” is music to your joints. A new study in Arthritis & Rheumatology finds moderate beer drinking comes with a reduced risk for rheumatoid arthritis in women. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]nelias
- Have you ever been treated for depression?Poll Active Date: Thu, 04/24/2014 - 09:00 I went to counseling years ago. I'm taking antidepressants. I'm currently getting therapy and taking meds. I need treatment—but I've never gotten any. No, depression has never been an issue for me. See Results […]ABeal
- Could Your Relationship Survive A Diet Detox?Thumbnail: On the third day of the cleanse my husband and I did last spring, my worries shifted from whether I could make it through without caffeine, dairy, meat, alcohol, sugar, salt, or gluten to whether I could make it without punching my husband in the face. Facebook Comments: 0 Bottom Promo: bottom promo-pvnmag read more […]scastillo
- HP Slider 4.24.14Slider Slide HED: Natural Pain Relief Slider Slide DEK: Ease achy muscles with this DIY herbal remedy Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Ease Muscle Aches With This DIY Herbal Remedy Slider Slide HED: There's No Delicate Way To Say This Slider Slide DEK: But your #2 can say a lot about your health. Here […]ABeal
- 3 Foam Roller Exercises You Should Be DoingThumbnail: Soothe Sore Muscles Foam rolling, that frankly awesome stand-in for massage, deserves even more credit. New research supports what trainers and physical therapists have claimed for years: Done just before exercise, the simple technique can reduce muscle fatigue and soreness dramatically enough that the workout feels easier. And rolling as part of […]emFrey
- The Rise Of Open-Source SeedsThe shackled seed. The indentured seed. The consolidated, controlled, restricted seed. Elevated language for mere germination, perhaps, but that’s how a new group of researchers is talking about plant breeding. Most of the seeds used to grow our collective garden of food aren’t free—they’re patented by institutions and large seed companies, who own them and […]aoaklan1
- 9 Sandals That Won’t Wreck Your FeetSlideshow Caption: Insanely comfortable podiatrist-approved picks Date Published: Wed, 04/23/2014 Last Edited / Created By / Date Edited Last Edited By: wesmanley Created By: wesmanley Ad Tags Move 1st Ad Unit Above Slide Title: 1st Ad unit in normal position Enable 2nd Ad unit: Disable 2nd Ad unit Facebook Comments: 0 Slides Image: Slide Body: Alth […]wesmanley
- 7 Beauty-Boosting SupplementsSlideshow Caption: Get prettier skin, hair, and nails—naturally Date Published: Wed, 04/23/2014 Last Edited / Created By / Date Edited Last Edited By: wesmanley Created By: wesmanley Ad Tags Next SlideShow-Max: 11 Beauty Blunders Every Woman Makes Move 1st Ad Unit Above Slide Title: 1st Ad unit in normal position Enable 2nd Ad unit: Disable 2nd Ad uni […]wesmanley
- Can Infidelity Be Prevented?Experiencing infidelity in a relationship is a hurtful and damaging experience. However, the reality is that staying faithful to one person can sometimes be challenging. We all have sexual needs and desires, and sometimes it can be very difficult to deny those feelings and uphold one's vows of monogamy. After all, in the early days of humankind when cou […]mmessing