What does Social Media have to do with Ministry?
There are some wonderful ways to share your faith with others online, and to help others with ministry.
1. Prayer Requests – you can share your requests, and help others with their request. Feel free to leave your prayer requests in the comments section, and I encourage everyone to help pray for each other.
2. Bible verses and Bible stories – sharing encouraging passages and stories online will bring more light and hope into the world.
3. Testimonials and personal stories of success – Any time that God blesses you, it is an opportunity to display your gratitude and share it with others to encourage them.
We are always interested in sharing and helping others, and being online is an amazing opportunity to bring love and hope to every corner of the earth instantly!
Learning about our world, and the way that people have to fight to live in faith is so important.
Our good friends Dan and Norma Wooding have a ministry called ASSIST – Aid to Special Saints in Strategic Times.
We worked with them in the “olden” days when communication with people in other countries was by post! It took weeks to hear back and forth in those days.
Now they share information instantly on the internet. Very cool.
Check out their news service at http://www.assistnews.net/
This is their gateway website http://www.assist-ministries.com/
There are also a number of great websites for prayer support!
If a website asks you to pay for a prayer request, just leave! If they just ask for donations in general, that is ok. No one can ever charge you to pray for you!!
You can do your own search, or try some of these sites -
Free Bible Study Info (there are lots more, too)
Christian Support Chats, just a start – you can find others, too
Tell us sites that you like to use in the comments!
Bruce and Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Take The 10K Challenge – 35 Min. A Day http://bit.ly/witt10k
- 56,524 hits
- Sally K Witt, Internet Success 4 You! is out! ln.is/paper.li/sally… Stories via @AElmosta @SZaborac @Loans_Expert 1 hour ago
- #Repost from @ramikantari with repostapp — #Repost from natgeo with repostapp --- Photo by… ln.is/instagram.com/… 2 hours ago
- #Repost from sarahprout with repostapp — Beautiful orchid bloom. #petal #pink #love ln.is/instagram.com/… 2 hours ago
- Checked in automatically with the Uber Check-In app! ubercheckin.com (at @HCR_ManorCare in Yardley, PA) 4sq.com/1u2hcWF 5 hours ago
- Just posted a photo ln.is/instagram.com/… 5 hours ago
- 10 New Ways To Eat Grapefruit1. Citrus Rounds With Mint And Crystallized GingerOn a large platter, arrange rounds of pink grapefruit, navel orange, and blood orange. Sprinkle with minced crystallized ginger, fresh mint leaves, and a pinch salt. Drizzle with honey.NUTRITION (per serving) 116 cal, 2 g pro, 24 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 16 g sugars, 2.5 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 7 mg sodium read more […]emFrey
- 10 Myths About Thinning HairHow's this for scary: You're just as likely to deal with hair loss as the guy next door. We're not talking about full-blown balding, but more subtle (and no less traumatic) thinning, like your part getting wider or your scalp showing through. "About 40–50% of women are affected by hair thinning," says Nicole Rogers, MD, a hair transp […]mmessing
- 7 Weird Ways Slacking Off Can Help You Lose More WeightLosing weight is hard work. Sometimes the gym is just so far away, and that box of donuts is just so right there. But here's some good news for the willpower deprived: You don't have to be obsessive about diet and exercise to lose weight. Slackers can be slim, too. Here's what to do: read moremmessing
- 9 Drugstore Anti-Agers That Actually WorkThis may come as a surprise: Many drugstore beauty products contain the exact same ingredients as the precious pricey bottles in department stores. Even better, many of these brands put just as many years of research and development into each product. So what's the difference? Drugstore products tend to skip the exotic extras and the bottles and jars ma […]szdanow
- This Fruit Could Help Cancel Out A High-Fat DietNo single fruit or veggie can be the answer to all of your dietary dreams—that’s why we never jumped on the mono-meal trend (10 bananas for lunch? Gross.). But sometimes a food does something so cool that we have to give it a little special attention: According to a new UC Berkeley study, consuming grapefruits regularly may help trigger weight loss and count […]szdanow
- 8 Things Your Sleep Habits Say About YouYou're ready for a great night. Conditions are perfect. You've got a 68-degree room, mattress with your sleep number, a pillow that cradles your head, and curtains that block out all light. But, once again, you're tossing and turning. You're pacing in the middle of the night and tired in the morning. Poor sleep leaves you irritable, moody […]emFrey
- The Healthiest Teas To Drink From Morning To NightFor Zhena Muzyka, tea is a way of life. The author of Life by the Cup: Ingredients for a Purpose-Filled Life of Bottomless Happiness and Limitless Success began her love affair with tea because of her grandmother, who was a Gypsy in Ukraine. "She gardened and had this massive garden with botanicals and roses and herbs," Muzyka told FoxNews.com. […]mmessing
- Eat THIS, Consume 16% Less Food For The Rest Of The DayFrom jalapeños to habaneros, spicy peppers may be the missing ingredient in your weight-loss plan. Not only do they fire up your body’s calorie-burning centers, but they also keep you feeling full longer, concludes a new study review published in the journal Nutrition Today. read moreemitchell
- 6 Natural Depression Remedies Worth TryingIf you're depressed, as some 19 millions Americans are, joining the Prozac nation may not necessarily be the answer. For one thing, antidepressants work for only half the people who try them, says David Mischoulon, MD, PhD, an associate professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. Then there are the side effects—fatigue, weight gain, sexual dysfun […]szdanow
- People Are Whitening Their Teeth With... Charcoal?If you haven't already spent a full 7 minutes of your life watching an oddly fascinating YouTube video of someone brushing their teeth with pitch-black paste, we'll fill you in. They're using activated charcoal (a reheated, oxidized version of the stuff you buy for summer cookouts) as a natural tooth whitener. The strangest part? It actually w […]mmessing