What does Social Media have to do with Ministry?
There are some wonderful ways to share your faith with others online, and to help others with ministry.
1. Prayer Requests – you can share your requests, and help others with their request. Feel free to leave your prayer requests in the comments section, and I encourage everyone to help pray for each other.
2. Bible verses and Bible stories – sharing encouraging passages and stories online will bring more light and hope into the world.
3. Testimonials and personal stories of success – Any time that God blesses you, it is an opportunity to display your gratitude and share it with others to encourage them.
We are always interested in sharing and helping others, and being online is an amazing opportunity to bring love and hope to every corner of the earth instantly!
Learning about our world, and the way that people have to fight to live in faith is so important.
Our good friends Dan and Norma Wooding have a ministry called ASSIST – Aid to Special Saints in Strategic Times.
We worked with them in the “olden” days when communication with people in other countries was by post! It took weeks to hear back and forth in those days.
Now they share information instantly on the internet. Very cool.
Check out their news service at http://www.assistnews.net/
This is their gateway website http://www.assist-ministries.com/
There are also a number of great websites for prayer support!
If a website asks you to pay for a prayer request, just leave! If they just ask for donations in general, that is ok. No one can ever charge you to pray for you!!
You can do your own search, or try some of these sites -
Free Bible Study Info (there are lots more, too)
Christian Support Chats, just a start – you can find others, too
Tell us sites that you like to use in the comments!
Bruce and Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Take The 10K Challenge – 35 Min. A Day http://bit.ly/witt10k
- 54,822 hits
- So happy for this dog! fb.me/1ukhuyL3b 55 minutes ago
- So happy for this dog! fplus.me/p/8lwq/53c98b0e http://t.co/YdtlUFUNXs 55 minutes ago
- Great info on Novotel #Phuket Resort from Gerrit Tienkamp facebook.com/groups/6915929… fplus.me/p/8lra/53c98b0e 2 hours ago
- Great info on Novotel #Phuket Resort from @SiamTrading facebook.com/groups/6915929… 2 hours ago
- We're back from a short Mediterranean vacation, and we miss the oregano-infused smell of spring already! Ever... fb.me/2dApn9G9O 2 hours ago
- The Everyday Eating Mistake That Doubles Your Risk Of Heart DiseaseAttention diabetics: sugar isn't the only white substance to watch out for. Adults with type 2 diabetes who eat a high sodium diet are twice as likely to develop heart disease than to those who eat less salt, finds a new study published in the Endocrine Society’s Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read […]emFrey
- HP Slider 7.22.14Slider Slide HED: Homemade Jam In 4 Steps Slider Slide DEK: Fresh, fast, and with one-quarter the amount of sugar in traditional jam Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Fresh Jam In 4 Steps Slider Slide HED: Stronger, Sexier Arms Slider Slide DEK: 5 moves to get arms you'll want to show off Slider Slide […]ABeal
- Mackenzie Lobby for MensHealth.comContributor Display as Expert: 0ABeal
- 3 Tricks To Keep Running No Matter How Much You Want To StopWhile fatigue manifests itself in aching muscles, shorter strides, and decreasing speed, your mind is actually the culprit behind your tiring body. Science has found that your brain is hardwired to slow you down and keep some energy in reserve so you don't run out of fuel. There are simple training tactics you can use to deceive your brain and utilize s […]ABeal
- HP Slider 7.21.14Slider Slide HED: Crab Cake Burgers Slider Slide DEK: And 4 more better-than-beef burger options Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 5 Better-Than-Beef Burger Recipes Slider Slide HED: Do You Drink Too Much? Slider Slide DEK: When your nightly cocktail becomes more of a requirement than an option Slider Slide […]ABeal
- Do You Just End Up Peeing Out All The Vitamins You Take?When it comes to nourishing your body, you can do everything right—eat the rainbow, take your vitamins—but end up, basically, peeing out all of the good stuff. That’s because bioavailability, or how well the body is able to absorb nutrients, matters. A lot. “If you’re not taking supplements or having certain foods in the forms they need to be consumed in, yo […]ABeal
- HP Slider 7.20.14Slider Slide HED: Head-To-Toe Toned Slider Slide DEK: 9 toning moves to give you the strong body you want Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 9 Toning Moves To Slim You Down All Over Slider Slide HED: 3 Decadent Summer Desserts Slider Slide DEK: The best part? They're less than 300 calories a serving. Yu […]ABeal
- 9 Toning Moves To Slim You Down All OverThis Pilates-based workout, developed by Miami-based Pilates instructor Kris Belding, targets your midsection, arms, shoulders, legs, and butt for a total-body shape-up. Try to do the routine 3 or 4 days a week to start seeing the flat belly, full-body toning benefits. 1. SPINAL ARCH AND CURL Strengthens and stretches back, increases flexibility, and helps i […]ABeal
- HP Slider 7.19.14Slider Slide HED: 6 Healing Smoothies Slider Slide DEK: Sip your way to better health with these recipes Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 6 Healing Summer Smoothies Slider Slide HED: Low On Motivation? Slider Slide DEK: These 5 tips can help you stick to your running plan Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide […]ABeal
- 5 Daily Habits That Are Draining Your EnergyWe rely on energy to get through the day, the week, the year. We know that losing out on sleep can leave us feeling drained, but sleep deprivation is only one of a long list of possible reasons behind feeling exhausted. The following are some of the typical pitfalls which will cause chronic fatigue: NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]ABeal