What does Social Media have to do with Ministry?
There are some wonderful ways to share your faith with others online, and to help others with ministry.
1. Prayer Requests – you can share your requests, and help others with their request. Feel free to leave your prayer requests in the comments section, and I encourage everyone to help pray for each other.
2. Bible verses and Bible stories – sharing encouraging passages and stories online will bring more light and hope into the world.
3. Testimonials and personal stories of success – Any time that God blesses you, it is an opportunity to display your gratitude and share it with others to encourage them.
We are always interested in sharing and helping others, and being online is an amazing opportunity to bring love and hope to every corner of the earth instantly!
Learning about our world, and the way that people have to fight to live in faith is so important.
Our good friends Dan and Norma Wooding have a ministry called ASSIST – Aid to Special Saints in Strategic Times.
We worked with them in the “olden” days when communication with people in other countries was by post! It took weeks to hear back and forth in those days.
Now they share information instantly on the internet. Very cool.
Check out their news service at http://www.assistnews.net/
This is their gateway website http://www.assist-ministries.com/
There are also a number of great websites for prayer support!
If a website asks you to pay for a prayer request, just leave! If they just ask for donations in general, that is ok. No one can ever charge you to pray for you!!
You can do your own search, or try some of these sites -
Free Bible Study Info (there are lots more, too)
Christian Support Chats, just a start – you can find others, too
Tell us sites that you like to use in the comments!
Bruce and Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Take The 10K Challenge – 35 Min. A Day http://bit.ly/witt10k
- 52,928 hits
- Watch Out, SeaWorld: Your Days of Holding Orcas Captive Might Be Numbered care2.com/causes/watch-o… 3 hours ago
- 10 Signs Your Kitty Actually Loves You care2.com/causes/10-sign… 3 hours ago
- I just cashed out $25.02 from @FusionCash. You can too: fca.sh/1i2aw $5 signup bonus! 9 hours ago
- Today stats: 16 followers, 7 unfollowers and followed 3 people via Unfollowers.com/?s=dt 13 hours ago
- Through the Looking Glass: What Happens at a @GoogleGlass Gathering nym.ag/1ioRUZi I twitter.com/hardly ⊕ I-donate-my-voice.For-additional.info/click-the-link… 21 hours ago
- channel slider - fitness 03.12.14Slider Active Date: Tue, 03/11/2014 - 18:45 Slider Slide HED: Yoga Poses For Flatter Abs Slider Slide DEK: The best moves to blast belly fat on the mat Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 6 Yoga Poses For Flatter Abs Slider Slide HED: When Workouts Backfire Slider Slide DEK: 10 exercise habits that age you S […]mroberson
- HP Slider 3.12.14Slider Slide HED: Guilt-Free Chocolate Desserts Slider Slide DEK: 15 decadent desserts that won't send your blood sugar soaring Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 15 Diabetes-Friendly Chocolate Desserts Slider Slide HED: Are Low T Drugs Worth It? Slider Slide DEK: An intimate look at the growing use of […]ABeal
- channel slider - weight loss - 03.11.14Slider Active Date: Tue, 03/11/2014 - 18:20 Slider Slide HED: Pure Pleasure Slider Slide DEK: Yep, that's what weight loss can be Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): The Most Pleasurable Way To Lose Weight Slider Slide HED: Rise And Dine Slider Slide DEK: 8 fresh takes on your favorite breakfasts Slider […]mroberson
- Lose The Last 10 PoundsSlideshow Caption: A few simple weight loss tricks is all it takes to make the extra pounds disappear Date Published: Tue, 03/11/2014 Meta Tags Last Edited / Created By / Date Edited Last Edited By: wesmanley Created By: wesmanley Ad Tags Next SlideShow-Max: 17 Snacks That Power Up Weight Loss Move 1st Ad Unit Above Slide Title: Move 1st Ad unit Above […]wesmanley
- From Pain To Finding Your PassionThumbnail: I was sitting with my husband in the kitchen one day, watching him down two bagels, a granola bar, and soda—all before it was time for lunch. I'd seen him eat all those things before, but for some reason, that day it really irked me. I had just recently beaten breast cancer, and it was important to me that he understand what he was putting i […]scastillo
- HP Slider 3.11.14Slider Slide HED: Scale Stuck? Slider Slide DEK: How to get past your weight loss plateau Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): The Scale Won't Move—Now What? Slider Slide HED: See Wrinkles Run Slider Slide DEK: 4 new products that'll send wrinkles packing Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: […]ABeal
- Which States Have The Healthiest Brains?The claim: Maryland may be the ninth smallest state in the country, but its residents boast the healthiest brains, according to 2014 America’s Brain Health Index. Washington state, Colorado, Connecticut, and Alaska followed as the top five brain-healthy states. Meanwhile, Arkansas, Louisiana, North Dakota, Alabama, and Mississippi rounded out the bottom of t […]crossi
- 15 Diabetes-Friendly Chocolate DessertsSlideshow Caption: Sweet treats that won't send your blood sugar soaring Date Published: Mon, 03/10/2014 Meta Tags Last Edited / Created By / Date Edited Last Edited By: mmessing Created By: mmessing Ad Tags Next SlideShow-Max: 20 Sugar-Smart Brunch Ideas Move 1st Ad Unit Above Slide Title: Move 1st Ad unit Above the slide title Enable 2nd Ad unit […]mmessing
- The Fish Toxin That Makes Sex HurtMeet the little-known toxin that takes food poisoning to a whole new level: the ciguatera toxin. You may have seen recent reports about this latest toxin, but do you know what it can really do to your body? NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]nniemiec
- Why Some Older Men Have Short FusesThe claim: Older men—but not older women—who have stressed cells and worn out DNA bounce back more slowly from taxing situations, and also show higher levels of hostility and pessimism, finds a study published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS). NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]nniemiec