What does Social Media have to do with Ministry?
There are some wonderful ways to share your faith with others online, and to help others with ministry.
1. Prayer Requests – you can share your requests, and help others with their request. Feel free to leave your prayer requests in the comments section, and I encourage everyone to help pray for each other.
2. Bible verses and Bible stories – sharing encouraging passages and stories online will bring more light and hope into the world.
3. Testimonials and personal stories of success – Any time that God blesses you, it is an opportunity to display your gratitude and share it with others to encourage them.
We are always interested in sharing and helping others, and being online is an amazing opportunity to bring love and hope to every corner of the earth instantly!
Learning about our world, and the way that people have to fight to live in faith is so important.
Our good friends Dan and Norma Wooding have a ministry called ASSIST – Aid to Special Saints in Strategic Times.
We worked with them in the “olden” days when communication with people in other countries was by post! It took weeks to hear back and forth in those days.
Now they share information instantly on the internet. Very cool.
Check out their news service at http://www.assistnews.net/
This is their gateway website http://www.assist-ministries.com/
There are also a number of great websites for prayer support!
If a website asks you to pay for a prayer request, just leave! If they just ask for donations in general, that is ok. No one can ever charge you to pray for you!!
You can do your own search, or try some of these sites -
Free Bible Study Info (there are lots more, too)
Christian Support Chats, just a start – you can find others, too
Tell us sites that you like to use in the comments!
Bruce and Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Take The 10K Challenge – 35 Min. A Day http://bit.ly/witt10k
- 53,633 hits
- Today stats: 12 followers, 11 unfollowers and followed 4 people via Unfollowers.com/?s=dt 4 hours ago
- RT @today830: @openetworker @sallykwitt @D_Dobbie @bmw4free @Aligned_ @bmw_free @RJBailey Thanks for following PHOTOS http://t.co/r4vV… 7 hours ago
- RT @natelaclaire: @sallykwitt Your tweet makes my page better: rbl.ms/1mWSmEo 7 hours ago
- RT @lizza_butterfly: Ty! #WonderfulSunday #HappyEaster :) @sallykwitt @dicajunior54 @FirehouseMike @simonlporter @IPOmaven 7 hours ago
- LOL! (LOL!) plus.google.com/photos/1084389… 7 hours ago
- HP Slider 4.20.14Slider Slide HED: Your Stomach On Stress Slider Slide DEK: This is what happens to your poor belly when you worry so much Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Ask Dr. Stork: Can Stress Give You Stomach Cramps? Slider Slide HED: 23 Ways To Eat Clean Slider Slide DEK: Simple swaps you can make today Slider Slide […]ABeal
- HP Slider 4.19.14Slider Slide HED: Why You Just Can't Lose Weight Slider Slide DEK: Prevention's RD weighs in on what it'll take to make real change Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): What's The Trick To Sticking With A Diet? Slider Slide HED: Scrumptious Strawberries Slider Slide DEK: Welcome spring with […]ABeal
- How To Make A Green Smoothie That Isn't All KaleKitchen skills are not an issue for professional chef and TV personality Candice Kumai, but when she moved to New York, Kumai found she still needed a simpler way to meet her daily nutrition needs. “Learning to watch my diet in a healthy way that was quick and easy was what I was looking for,” she says, and she found it in green drinks—juices and smoothies p […]ABeal
- What Your Sleeping Position Says About Your RelationshipWhat happens between the sheets may be a huge predictor of how satisfied you are with your relationship—and not in the way you might think. A recent survey from the University of Hertfordshire in the United Kingdom found a link between sleep position and happiness in a relationship. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]arush
- Katherine Harmon CourageContributor Display as Expert: 0ABeal
- How Doctors Successfully Implanted Lab-Grown Vaginas Into 4 WomenFor women with Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome, life can be difficult. Born with an absent or underdeveloped vagina, women suffering MRKH often have difficulty experiencing a normal sex life, can fail to menstruate and sometimes cannot reproduce naturally. But now, researchers from Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center have found a way to normalize life […]mmessing
- Why You Eat More Soft-Baked Cookies Than Crunchy OnesThe claim: Crispy, soft or rough, the texture of a food may determine your perception of its calories and change the amount of it you eat, according to a new study from the Journal of Consumer Research. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]emFrey
- HP Slider 4.18.14Slider Slide HED: 4 Things Happy People Know Slider Slide DEK: What the world's most blissful people have in common Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 4 Things The World's Happiest People Have In Common Slider Slide HED: 23 Ways To Eat Clean Slider Slide DEK: Simple swaps you can make today Slider […]ABeal
- channel slider - weight loss - 04.17.14Slider Active Date: Thu, 04/17/2014 - 17:40 Slider Slide HED: Ready? Slider Slide DEK: It's time to start your 28-day transformation! Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Welcome To The 2014 28-Day Transformation Challenge! Slider Slide HED: Strawberries 101 Slider Slide DEK: 17 scrumptious recipes for t […]mroberson
- channel slider - fitness 04.17.14Slider Active Date: Thu, 04/17/2014 - 17:30 Slider Slide HED: Ready? Slider Slide DEK: Welcome to the 28-day transformation challenge! Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Welcome To The 2014 28-Day Transformation Challenge! Slider Slide HED: Get Inspired Slider Slide DEK: Words of wisdom to stay motivated al […]mroberson