Happy Birthday Medicare! Wishing you a long and happy life!
We are happy to celebrate 47 years of Medicare. It is important to get the word out that the programs that we depend on are in danger with the Republican Ryan Budget. This budget would cancel all the advantages of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) and destroy Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security as we know it.
Our Bucks County group of Penn Action and Moveon.org has been working for years on preserving the programs needed for our families. This is not a one time action, but a coordinated effort with related groups.
Athena Ford from The Pennsylvania Health Access Network – organized a great rally today at Congressman Fizpatrick’s office.
Penn Action and Moveon.org coordinated to bring together as many interested people as possible today. Many people also support the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare – NCPSSM.
Art by Theresa BrownGold of Doylestown – telling the stories of the uninsured and under-insured http://artassocialinquiry.org/
It is so important that the current and future leaders of our country preserve the programs that care for the elderly and disabled. We all paid into the programs, and deserve some assurance that the programs will be there for us as we need them.
Theresa BrownGold talks about her art-
- 55,968 hits
- RT @cshislop: @GMcGourlick @sallykwitt @aneeshvv @bobpond3 @januTum @babfari @terrinakamura pleasure, have a lovely evening 7 hours ago
- RT @juano500: #awesomefriendstoconnect #followmyfriends @Dolormarie @sallykwitt @Ramikantari @2powerN @stewartmar @cindycapo @enricof88 @s… 7 hours ago
- I gave @ydtsocialzing +K about Small Business on @klout klout.com/ydtsocialzing?… 7 hours ago
- I gave @ydtsocialzing +K about Twitter on @klout klout.com/ydtsocialzing?… 7 hours ago
- RT @enricof88: @juano500 @Dolormarie @sallykwitt @Ramikantari @2powerN Ciao all welcome always hugs 7 hours ago
- How Researchers Reached The Flawed Conclusion That Acupuncture Doesn't Help With Knee PainPicture this scenario: An adult plagued with chronic headaches seeks relief by popping ibuprofen a few times a week. The meds help. Then she decides to stop taking them. And when she does, the pain creeps back. Surprised? Not exactly. The last thing you'd deduce from this imaginary experiment is that ibuprofen doesn't help with headaches. But that […]mmessing
- This Low-Cal Ingredient Makes Burgers Taste Unbelievably Good Here's a concept: burgers, tacos, and meatloaf with more taste and half the guilt. It can happen, thanks to a new secret ingredient: mushrooms. A new study in the Journal of Food Science finds that substituting a whopping 50% to 80% of the ground beef in one meal with sautéed, ground button mushrooms boosted flavor intensity beyond that of an all-beef m […]mmessing
- The Rx Meds That Do More Harm Than GoodA class of powerful prescription painkillers called opioids—which includes name-brand drugs like Vicodin and OxyContin—comes with more risks than benefits, argues a new position paper in the journal Neurology. In fact, the author of the paper refers to the rise in opioid use as “a national epidemic and public health emergency.” read moreABeal
- 9 Surprising Signs Of DepressionMost of us would recognize classic depression, with its heavy veil of sadness and hopelessness. But what if you just started getting stomachaches or were suddenly very snappy? Could you be depressed without knowing it? read moremmessing
- 3 Surprising Oatmeal Recipes You Can Eat For Every MealOatmeal is about to have a moment, and Sam Stephens is so on it. Stephens is the founder of Oatmeals, a quaint oatmeal bar in the West Village with a "choose your toppings" concept that resembles a fro-yo joint, except that she's traded the yogurt for wholesome oats and the brownie bites for almond butter. She was also chosen as Quaker's […]ABeal
- The Weird Link Between Your Changing Skirt Size And Breast Cancer RiskIf your scale's been creeping in the wrong direction for a while now, fitting into last year's fall clothes may not be your only concern. A new study published in BMJ shows that going up a skirt size every 10 years between your mid 20s and mid 60s is linked to a 33% hike in postmenopausal breast cancer risk. read moreemFrey
- 6 Quick Ideas For RhubarbWhen these red and green stalks appear at the farmer's market, it's a sure sign that spring has arrived. Although technically a vegetable and rarely eaten raw, rhubarb has great fruity flavor when paired with a sweetener to tone down its tartness. Bright-red varieties are prized for color, but they're not necessarily sweeter than green types. […]ABeal
- Here's How To Freeze Fruits And Veggies So They Don't Get MushyHolding on to the final bit of sun-kissed produce means—funnily enough—freezing it. Wash, cut, and prep your favorite produce as directed below, then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and freeze until firm. Transfer to a freezer bag and label. Corn: Shave the kernels from the cob before freezing. (Try these 5 delicious ideas for corn.) read more […]ABeal
- The Scientific Reason You Are—Or Are Not—Sexually Attracted To SomeoneIf a naked female stands in front of a man, where do his eyes gaze first and why? What judgment can you make about a man based on his hands? Why can a seemingly beautiful person be such a physical turn off? Why do women flip their hair when sexually attracted? What facial clue on a man is correlated with him being less faithful? The answers to these question […]emFrey
- Sure It's Just Gas? 5 Surprising Culprits Of Sharp Stomach PainJust because you won't see Lady Mary and the dowager discussing gas and bloating over tea at Downton doesn't mean the topic is taboo. In fact, accurately articulating your symptoms paves the way to identifying what's triggering your discomfort. One recent study found that ER docs at the Mayo Clinic, of all venerable places, often misdiagnosed […]emFrey