Happy Birthday Medicare! Wishing you a long and happy life!
We are happy to celebrate 47 years of Medicare. It is important to get the word out that the programs that we depend on are in danger with the Republican Ryan Budget. This budget would cancel all the advantages of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) and destroy Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security as we know it.
Our Bucks County group of Penn Action and Moveon.org has been working for years on preserving the programs needed for our families. This is not a one time action, but a coordinated effort with related groups.
Athena Ford from The Pennsylvania Health Access Network - organized a great rally today at Congressman Fizpatrick’s office.
Penn Action and Moveon.org coordinated to bring together as many interested people as possible today. Many people also support the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare – NCPSSM.
Art by Theresa BrownGold of Doylestown – telling the stories of the uninsured and under-insured http://artassocialinquiry.org/
It is so important that the current and future leaders of our country preserve the programs that care for the elderly and disabled. We all paid into the programs, and deserve some assurance that the programs will be there for us as we need them.
Theresa BrownGold talks about her art-
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- 45,604 hits
- Two Arrested 14 Years after Missionary Graham Staines’ Murder: Fourteen years after Australian missionary Grah... bit.ly/13AqIhr 1 hour ago
- Students scarred by war earn degrees nblo.gs/LnZqt 1 hour ago
- Remembering rock ‘n’ roll radio fb.me/17lVvmgfQ 1 hour ago
- Students scarred by war earn degrees fb.me/1IIMHJjJQ 1 hour ago
- Remembering rock ‘n’ roll radio nblo.gs/LnZqq 1 hour ago
- Lauren KesslerContributor Display as Expert: 0scastillo
- HP Slider 5.20.13Slider Slide HED: Allergies? What Allergies? Slider Slide DEK: 10 seasonal allergy treatments for the relief you need Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Problem Solved: 10 Solutions For Seasonal Allergies Slider Slide HED: Putting The Brakes On A Binge Slider Slide DEK: 10 science-backed ways to take control […]ABeal
- HP Slider 5.19.13Slider Slide HED: Stressed? Slider Slide DEK: Why you should book a hot stone massage ASAP Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Hot Stone Massage Slider Slide HED: Natural Menopause Solutions Slider Slide DEK: 14 gentle ways to ease symptoms Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link […]ABeal
- HP Slider 5.18.13Slider Slide HED: Target Your Trouble Spots Slider Slide DEK: The very best moves for your most stubborn areas Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Love Your Whole Body! Slider Slide HED: Sure, Beans Are Good For You Slider Slide DEK: But does it matter if they're fresh or canned? Here's what to know […]ABeal
- Bye-Bye Gray Hair—for Good?Just when going gray started getting chic (hello, Helen Mirren, Jamie Lee Curtis, and George Clooney!), the root cause of gray hair and a treatment for stopping it in its tracks was found by a group of researchers from Germany’s E.M. Arndt University of Greifswald and the UK’s University of Bradford. It all boils down to an enzyme called catalase that breaks […]crossi
- Grapefruit Lovers, Rejoice!Your love affair with grapefruit is within good reason—it has the power to lower “bad” LDL cholesterol, is high in vitamin C, and can even help lighten up dark elbows and knees (seriously!). But if you avoided the ruby reds for fear they might interfere with your medications, the results of a new study meta-analysis published in Expert Opinion on Drug Metabo […]nelias
- How Many Sweets Can I Eat?Reader question: What percentage of my daily caloric intake can come from sweets/whatever I want? Ashley’s answer: Here's the only problem with lots of sweets: When the body can’t produce enough insulin to take the sugar into the cells, you put yourself at risk for elevated blood sugar levels (which can lead to diabetes), plus chronic inflammation, incr […]aoaklan1
- Don't Trash It!Despite efforts to keep oceans clean, they're trashier, finds a recent report from the Ocean Conservancy. How trashy? More than 10 million pounds, says Nicholas Mallos, conservation biologist and marine debris specialist. "We found a tremendous amount of trash this year, as we do every year." But this year was one for the record books: the thi […]scastillo
- Can Probiotics Help You Lose Weight?Probiotics are so hot right now. Every week bring news of another benefit tied to these tiny bacteria, which naturally congregate by the millions in your gut and intestines. Recent research has shown probiotics can aid digestion and ward off illness. Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]katelynhw
- HP Slider 5.17.13Slider Slide HED: Warm Weather Means One Thing Slider Slide DEK: Ice cream! Here's how to indulge without regret. Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Waistline-Friendly Ice Cream Treats Slider Slide HED: Hold The Unsolicited Advice Slider Slide DEK: Keep-the-peace rules for parenting adult kids Slider Sl […]ABeal