Happy Birthday Medicare! Wishing you a long and happy life!
We are happy to celebrate 47 years of Medicare. It is important to get the word out that the programs that we depend on are in danger with the Republican Ryan Budget. This budget would cancel all the advantages of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) and destroy Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security as we know it.
Our Bucks County group of Penn Action and Moveon.org has been working for years on preserving the programs needed for our families. This is not a one time action, but a coordinated effort with related groups.
Athena Ford from The Pennsylvania Health Access Network - organized a great rally today at Congressman Fizpatrick’s office.
Penn Action and Moveon.org coordinated to bring together as many interested people as possible today. Many people also support the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare – NCPSSM.
Art by Theresa BrownGold of Doylestown – telling the stories of the uninsured and under-insured http://artassocialinquiry.org/
It is so important that the current and future leaders of our country preserve the programs that care for the elderly and disabled. We all paid into the programs, and deserve some assurance that the programs will be there for us as we need them.
Theresa BrownGold talks about her art-
- 51,166 hits
- It’s Just You and Me Now #Betrayal #GetGlue gtg.lu/1d3ke1J 33 minutes ago
- The Old Man & the Tree #modernfamily #GetGlue gtg.lu/16wTI18 1 hour ago
- Sally K Witt, Social Media/Ministry is out! paper.li/sallykwitt/130… 5 hours ago
- sn 5 Two #misfits #GetGlue gtg.lu/1jh1vAF 8 hours ago
- Purple Rain-Union #bobsburgers #GetGlue gtg.lu/1f5Xtuq 8 hours ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.