Happy Birthday Medicare! Wishing you a long and happy life!
We are happy to celebrate 47 years of Medicare. It is important to get the word out that the programs that we depend on are in danger with the Republican Ryan Budget. This budget would cancel all the advantages of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) and destroy Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security as we know it.
Our Bucks County group of Penn Action and Moveon.org has been working for years on preserving the programs needed for our families. This is not a one time action, but a coordinated effort with related groups.
Athena Ford from The Pennsylvania Health Access Network – organized a great rally today at Congressman Fizpatrick’s office.
Penn Action and Moveon.org coordinated to bring together as many interested people as possible today. Many people also support the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare – NCPSSM.
Art by Theresa BrownGold of Doylestown – telling the stories of the uninsured and under-insured http://artassocialinquiry.org/
It is so important that the current and future leaders of our country preserve the programs that care for the elderly and disabled. We all paid into the programs, and deserve some assurance that the programs will be there for us as we need them.
Theresa BrownGold talks about her art-
- 56,499 hits
- A children's worker in East Samar learns a new craft via @operationsafe training https://t.co/2wukTT91Za ⊕ I-donate-my-voice.For-additional.info/click-the-link… 3 hours ago
- Checked in automatically with the Uber Check-In app! ubercheckin.com (@ Mannino's Family Restaurant) 4sq.com/1q1FMRl 10 hours ago
- Checked in automatically with the Uber Check-In app! ubercheckin.com (@ Bird Sanctuary) 4sq.com/13hwICW 10 hours ago
- RT @Marenda: Make it a great week @1230jackie @msiamastar @sallykwitt @alphabetsuccess @TheRalphEhlers 10 hours ago
- Checked in automatically with the Uber Check-In app! ubercheckin.com (@ Scott Arborteum At Swarthmore) 4sq.com/1wN3yYy 10 hours ago
- 6 Natural Depression Remedies Worth TryingIf you're depressed, as some 19 millions Americans are, joining the Prozac nation may not necessarily be the answer. For one thing, antidepressants work for only half the people who try them, says David Mischoulon, MD, PhD, an associate professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. Then there are the side effects—fatigue, weight gain, sexual dysfun […]szdanow
- 5 Proven Ways To Deal With Seasonal Affective DisorderAs many as one in six people suffer from seasonal affective disorder, or SAD—a form of depression that seems to ride in on autumn’s coattails. Health experts have long suspected sun exposure (or lack thereof) has something to do with the phenomenon. And new research from the University of Copenhagen seems to back up those beliefs. read moreszdanow
- 7 Things You Can Do In The Morning To Promote Weight Loss All Day LongThe best part of mornings is that they’re so full of potential! No matter whether you laced up your sneaks yesterday or overindulged on a co-worker’s birthday cake, it’s a fresh chance to get closer to your health goals. To keep that get-fit momentum going all day long, start your day off right with these morning habits that will motivate you even more. 1. G […]emitchell
- 9 Surprising Treatments for Low LibidoWelcome to 2014, a time when we've got health and wellness advancements like headbands that help you meditate and fitness trackers so smart they know when you're slacking off. read moremmessing
- 8 Reasons Your Nails Keep BreakingThere's a lot more to your nails than meets the eye. In fact, what you see on the surface has been in the works for a while, growing out from the nail matrix (the living tissue below your cuticle responsible for the healthy growth of your nails) that's deep in your fingers. It's a complicated system, and when your nails start looking not-so-ho […]emFrey
- 8 Ways To Prevent A ColdWhen it comes to colds, you know the drill. Once you have one, the best you can do is chain yourself to a box of tissues and brave the storm. In other words, prevention really is the best medicine. Here, 8 surprisingly effective ways to cut colds off before they start. read moreemitchell
- The New Way To Outsmart Your Sweet Tooth—Just In Time For HalloweenYou've heard about the research linking breakfast to weight loss, but you're not convinced. A new study in Nutrition Journal may finally persuade you that squeezing in breakfast is absolutely worth the effort—especially if you have a sweet tooth. read moremmessing
- 9 Surprising Things That Are Killing Your Sex DriveCuddled under the covers… alone. Sound like your ultimate fantasy? While everyone occasionally has a night or two where they're just not in the mood, frequently not feeling it is a red flag. Not only can a lack of a sex life lead to tension between you and your partner, but it can make you feel exhausted and run down, says Shahnoz Rustamova, MD, a gynec […]szdanow
- 9 Things That Impact Your Risk of Breast CancerYou've heard the statistics—that 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime. But what that stat doesn't tell you is that your risk of breast cancer is probably different from your best friend's, your coworker's, and maybe even your sister's. So do you know your risk? Here are 9 factors to keep in mind when asse […]mmessing
- 7 Weird Reasons You're Not Losing WeightClocking couch time, inhaling caramel-coated popcorn, and having regular home happy hours—these are obvious reasons you aren't losing weight. But what if you're doing everything "right"—keeping your metabolism strong with regular exercise and strength training, eating clean, and drinking gallons of water—and the pounds still won't bu […]mmessing