Happy Birthday Medicare! Wishing you a long and happy life!
We are happy to celebrate 47 years of Medicare. It is important to get the word out that the programs that we depend on are in danger with the Republican Ryan Budget. This budget would cancel all the advantages of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) and destroy Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security as we know it.
Our Bucks County group of Penn Action and Moveon.org has been working for years on preserving the programs needed for our families. This is not a one time action, but a coordinated effort with related groups.
Athena Ford from The Pennsylvania Health Access Network - organized a great rally today at Congressman Fizpatrick’s office.
Penn Action and Moveon.org coordinated to bring together as many interested people as possible today. Many people also support the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare – NCPSSM.
Art by Theresa BrownGold of Doylestown – telling the stories of the uninsured and under-insured http://artassocialinquiry.org/
It is so important that the current and future leaders of our country preserve the programs that care for the elderly and disabled. We all paid into the programs, and deserve some assurance that the programs will be there for us as we need them.
Theresa BrownGold talks about her art-
- 53,706 hits
- Pennsylvania Candidates Event!! plus.google.com/photos/1038142… 3 hours ago
- #Yosemite National Park, #California US Travel - Community - Google+ pinterest.com/pin/1280718016… 3 hours ago
- Yes! weheartit.com/link/TFbdIE 3 hours ago
- Cool animals in Phillipines weheartit.com/link/zcCrTq 3 hours ago
- cats weheartit.com/link/NWq2ON 3 hours ago
- The Rise Of Open-Source SeedsThe shackled seed. The indentured seed. The consolidated, controlled, restricted seed. Elevated language for mere germination, perhaps, but that’s how a new group of researchers is talking about plant breeding. Most of the seeds used to grow our collective garden of food aren’t free—they’re patented by institutions and large seed companies, who own them and […]aoaklan1
- HP Slider 4.23.14Slider Slide HED: 20 Super Salads Slider Slide DEK: Low-calorie recipes that won't leave you hungry (or grumpy) Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 20 Low-Calorie Salads That Won't Leave You Hungry Slider Slide HED: Are You Ready? Slider Slide DEK: Welcome to the 28-Day Transformation Challenge—have […]ABeal
- 20 Low-Calorie Salads That Won't Leave You HungrySlideshow Caption: Satisfy your taste buds with these easy recipes Date Published: Tue, 04/22/2014 Last Edited / Created By / Date Edited Last Edited By: mmessing Created By: mmessing Ad Tags Next SlideShow-Max: 100 Cleanest Packaged Food Awards 2014: Snacks Move 1st Ad Unit Above Slide Title: 1st Ad unit in normal position Enable 2nd Ad unit: Disable […]mmessing
- How Contaminated Is Your Chicken?Raw poultry has always been a haven for bacteria, but new government findings suggest that the problem could be getting even worse. Infections from campylobacter, a bacteria commonly found on uncooked chicken, spiked 13% since 2008, according to a new CDC report. "In terms of why the numbers are rising, nobody has any good insight," says Jennifer Q […]emFrey
- Ease Muscle Aches With This DIY Herbal RemedyThumbnail: Before there were pills for every ache and pain, there were poultices. These warm, plant-based pastes are applied to wounds or sore muscles and are formulated to create a healing response. "Poultices are a very simple way to deliver herbs to the body," says Jessica Hayman, ND, a naturopathic physician in Sedona, Arizona. Facebook Commen […]wesmanley
- Why You're Twice As Likely To Care About Your Health On Tuesday Than On SaturdayThe claim: You're almost twice as likely to search for web content related to your health on Mondays and Tuesdays, as opposed to Saturdays, shows research appearing in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]mmessing
- Would You Eat Vegetable Ice Cream?The savory-sweet foods trend is officially here: Häagen-Dazs Japan has announced they'll be releasing two new vegetable-flavored ice creams—Tomato-Cherry and Carrot-Orange—on May 12. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]scastillo
- HP Slider 4.22.14Slider Slide HED: 10 Solutions For Adult Acne Slider Slide DEK: Highly-effective fixes for your frustrating breakouts Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 10 Highly-Effective Solutions For Adult Acne Slider Slide HED: So Many Temptations... Slider Slide DEK: 6 ways to pump up your willpower, no matter what you […]ABeal
- channel slider - weight loss - 04.21.14Slider Active Date: Mon, 04/21/2014 - 17:40 Slider Slide HED: Resolved... Slider Slide DEK: 6 simple ways to pump up your willpower Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 6 Simple Ways To Pump Up Your Willpower Slider Slide HED: Counting Calories Slider Slide DEK: How many can you eat and still lose weight? Sli […]mroberson
- Helping OthersMuse Text: Helping others grow and reach their goals brings joy and a sense of accomplishment. Muse Author: Janet Ungless Muse Background: teal wave Muse Font: Amatic SC Publish Date Time: Fri, 05/30/2014 - 04:00 Sponsor […]bsuddell