Happy Birthday Medicare! Wishing you a long and happy life!
We are happy to celebrate 47 years of Medicare. It is important to get the word out that the programs that we depend on are in danger with the Republican Ryan Budget. This budget would cancel all the advantages of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) and destroy Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security as we know it.
Our Bucks County group of Penn Action and Moveon.org has been working for years on preserving the programs needed for our families. This is not a one time action, but a coordinated effort with related groups.
Athena Ford from The Pennsylvania Health Access Network – organized a great rally today at Congressman Fizpatrick’s office.
Penn Action and Moveon.org coordinated to bring together as many interested people as possible today. Many people also support the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare – NCPSSM.
Art by Theresa BrownGold of Doylestown – telling the stories of the uninsured and under-insured http://artassocialinquiry.org/
It is so important that the current and future leaders of our country preserve the programs that care for the elderly and disabled. We all paid into the programs, and deserve some assurance that the programs will be there for us as we need them.
Theresa BrownGold talks about her art-
- 54,950 hits
- Promote your website automatically to more than 700,000 sites effortlessly... Explode your sales NOW!! ln.is/www.ibourl.com… 1 hour ago
- Request a mutual follow with me at ln.is/www.followback… and I will accept it 3 hours ago
- Timestack 2. Badwater sunset. found on... fb.me/6J2VktsKv 3 hours ago
- G+: Timestack 2. Badwater sunset. found on goo.gl/3znVFk goo.gl/FY3MXa 3 hours ago
- Timestack 2. Badwater sunset. fplus.me/p/8x2Y/53c98b0e http://t.co/d1Q5PYmduL 3 hours ago
- 13 Things You Really Should Know Before Your Next Bikini WaxBefore a recent trip to Los Angeles, I decided to embark on a womanhood rite of passage: get my very first bikini wax. Not knowing that you must grow out your hair beforehand, I went in having shaved two days earlier. The aesthetician (who shall remain nameless) began ripping away over and over on the same areas, like a five-year-old opening presents on Chri […]ABeal
- Is There Really A Link Between Your Birth Control Pills And Breast Cancer?You've heard since your first gyno appointment that taking the pill may up your risk of breast cancer. But if you've been reading recent headlines, you might be newly concerned about the level of risk: A new study finds a whopping 50% increase in breast cancer risk among oral contraceptive takers. read moremmessing
- How To Make It Through Infertility Without Destroying Your RelationshipFrom the moment a couple decides to have a baby together, their perspective on their sex life changes. For most couples, there is a new tenderness and intimacy between them that comes with the shared intention to start a new life together. read moreABeal
- Do You Really Need 9 Servings Of Fruits And Veggies?It is so time to let go of the food guilt—and not just the oh-man-why-did-I-eat-that-3rd-cookie guilt—you know, that lingering disappointment in yourself that comes from not having managed to choke down the recommended 7 to 9 daily fruit and veggie servings. A new meta-analysis published in the British Medical Journal says that going beyond the old "5 a […]mmessing
- 20-Minute Arm-Shaping RoutineGrab an exercise band and do these moves while you walk to firm your upper body. read moreABeal
- Which Is Healthier: Leeks vs. OnionsBy Devon Rutz and Lindy Speakman read moreszdanow
- Run 5 Minutes A Day, Live 3 Years Longer?Earlier this week, we broke the awesome news that running for even 5 to 10 minutes a day can reduce your risk of an early death (The New York Times got excited about it, too). Of course, like most things that sound a little too good to be true, there's a catch. read moreszdanow
- Diagnosing Cancer Could Soon Be As Simple As Drawing BloodBlood tests just may be the MVP of diagnostic tools. Researchers from the University of Bradford in England have developed a blood test that can detect whether or not you have cancer by analyzing white blood cells, according to a study published in The Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology Journal. read moreehaak
- Best Reason To Hug A Tree Today? They Save 850 Lives A Year. (Feel The Love)Score one more for the great outdoors. According to a study published by the USDA Forest Service, America’s trees help save more than 850 lives every year and prevent 670,000 episodes of acute respiratory symptoms. read moreehaak
- Now There's Bread Made Out Of BroccoliRemember the days when bread was basic? Yeast, salt, flour: boom, the staff of life. But now, sandwiches are housed between all kinds of slices, from gluten-free bread to the kind KFC makes entirely out of fried chicken. read moreABeal