Saw “Galaxy Quest” again tonight – fun and it makes good points, too.
We just saw a favorite movie again on cable tonight. I am so glad, because it makes me think of great things to share with you
I LOVE “Galaxy Quest”. It was released in 1999 and always makes me smile.
I really enjoy looking up details of movies and shows on IMDB.com. I love to see people in the cast that I didn’t remember, especially before they were famous!
The director is Dean Parisot. He has directed a lot of great tv shows (like Monk), and another favorite movie of mine – “Home Fries” with Drew Barrymore, Luke Wilson, and Catherine O’Hara.
The movie is available on Netflix.com if you are a member, there.
Tim Allen (Toy Story, The Santa Clause)
Sigourney Weaver (Avatar)
Alan Rickman (Harry Potter)
Tony Shalhoub (Monk)
Justin Long (Dodgeball)
Enrico Colantoni (Just Shoot Me!)
The story is very sweet and appeals to kids as well as middle aged geezers who grew up on Star Treik! That’s me. LOL
The group was in a tv show, kind of like Star Trek. Now, they do conventions, paid appearances, etc. Tim Allen’s character is bored, sloppy, rude, and drunk.
Tim Allen has a great story line where he learns to be fair and be a man, and share credit with his friends.
Then a group of real aliens come to Tim Allen for help. They think that the “historical documents” (the tv shows that they saw) were real, and that this crew can save their species.
Enrico Colatoni is just amazing in this movie. He plays the reluctant leader of a species of aliens that look kind of like octopuses (I had to look up the correct plural for octopus!). They have a device that gives them a human form. He is a sweet and innocent creature, in difficult circumstances.
The TV show’s catch phrase was “Never Give Up, Never Surrender”.
How great for our lives as well!
You can give up on your dreams. You can never surrender to your fear and anxiety about success.
We want to help you!
Join our international team at the 10K Challenge! http://ibourl.net/WittTeam
- 54,948 hits
- Request a mutual follow with me at ln.is/www.followback… and I will accept it 1 hour ago
- Timestack 2. Badwater sunset. found on... fb.me/6J2VktsKv 1 hour ago
- G+: Timestack 2. Badwater sunset. found on goo.gl/3znVFk goo.gl/FY3MXa 1 hour ago
- Timestack 2. Badwater sunset. fplus.me/p/8x2Y/53c98b0e http://t.co/d1Q5PYmduL 1 hour ago
- Timestack 2. Badwater sunset. - 20 Unreal Landscapes of the American Southwest by John Fowler http://www.p ln.is/weheartit.com/… 1 hour ago
- 13 Things You Really Should Know Before Your Next Bikini WaxBefore a recent trip to Los Angeles, I decided to embark on a womanhood rite of passage: get my very first bikini wax. Not knowing that you must grow out your hair beforehand, I went in having shaved two days earlier. The aesthetician (who shall remain nameless) began ripping away over and over on the same areas, like a five-year-old opening presents on Chri […]ABeal
- Is There Really A Link Between Your Birth Control Pills And Breast Cancer?You've heard since your first gyno appointment that taking the pill may up your risk of breast cancer. But if you've been reading recent headlines, you might be newly concerned about the level of risk: A new study finds a whopping 50% increase in breast cancer risk among oral contraceptive takers. read moremmessing
- How To Make It Through Infertility Without Destroying Your RelationshipFrom the moment a couple decides to have a baby together, their perspective on their sex life changes. For most couples, there is a new tenderness and intimacy between them that comes with the shared intention to start a new life together. read moreABeal
- Do You Really Need 9 Servings Of Fruits And Veggies?It is so time to let go of the food guilt—and not just the oh-man-why-did-I-eat-that-3rd-cookie guilt—you know, that lingering disappointment in yourself that comes from not having managed to choke down the recommended 7 to 9 daily fruit and veggie servings. A new meta-analysis published in the British Medical Journal says that going beyond the old "5 a […]mmessing
- 20-Minute Arm-Shaping RoutineGrab an exercise band and do these moves while you walk to firm your upper body. read moreABeal
- Which Is Healthier: Leeks vs. OnionsBy Devon Rutz and Lindy Speakman read moreszdanow
- Run 5 Minutes A Day, Live 3 Years Longer?Earlier this week, we broke the awesome news that running for even 5 to 10 minutes a day can reduce your risk of an early death (The New York Times got excited about it, too). Of course, like most things that sound a little too good to be true, there's a catch. read moreszdanow
- Diagnosing Cancer Could Soon Be As Simple As Drawing BloodBlood tests just may be the MVP of diagnostic tools. Researchers from the University of Bradford in England have developed a blood test that can detect whether or not you have cancer by analyzing white blood cells, according to a study published in The Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology Journal. read moreehaak
- Best Reason To Hug A Tree Today? They Save 850 Lives A Year. (Feel The Love)Score one more for the great outdoors. According to a study published by the USDA Forest Service, America’s trees help save more than 850 lives every year and prevent 670,000 episodes of acute respiratory symptoms. read moreehaak
- Now There's Bread Made Out Of BroccoliRemember the days when bread was basic? Yeast, salt, flour: boom, the staff of life. But now, sandwiches are housed between all kinds of slices, from gluten-free bread to the kind KFC makes entirely out of fried chicken. read moreABeal