Saw “Galaxy Quest” again tonight – fun and it makes good points, too.
We just saw a favorite movie again on cable tonight. I am so glad, because it makes me think of great things to share with you
I LOVE “Galaxy Quest”. It was released in 1999 and always makes me smile.
I really enjoy looking up details of movies and shows on IMDB.com. I love to see people in the cast that I didn’t remember, especially before they were famous!
The director is Dean Parisot. He has directed a lot of great tv shows (like Monk), and another favorite movie of mine – “Home Fries” with Drew Barrymore, Luke Wilson, and Catherine O’Hara.
The movie is available on Netflix.com if you are a member, there.
Tim Allen (Toy Story, The Santa Clause)
Sigourney Weaver (Avatar)
Alan Rickman (Harry Potter)
Tony Shalhoub (Monk)
Justin Long (Dodgeball)
Enrico Colantoni (Just Shoot Me!)
The story is very sweet and appeals to kids as well as middle aged geezers who grew up on Star Treik! That’s me. LOL
The group was in a tv show, kind of like Star Trek. Now, they do conventions, paid appearances, etc. Tim Allen’s character is bored, sloppy, rude, and drunk.
Tim Allen has a great story line where he learns to be fair and be a man, and share credit with his friends.
Then a group of real aliens come to Tim Allen for help. They think that the “historical documents” (the tv shows that they saw) were real, and that this crew can save their species.
Enrico Colatoni is just amazing in this movie. He plays the reluctant leader of a species of aliens that look kind of like octopuses (I had to look up the correct plural for octopus!). They have a device that gives them a human form. He is a sweet and innocent creature, in difficult circumstances.
The TV show’s catch phrase was “Never Give Up, Never Surrender”.
How great for our lives as well!
You can give up on your dreams. You can never surrender to your fear and anxiety about success.
We want to help you!
Join our international team at the 10K Challenge! http://ibourl.net/WittTeam
- 56,521 hits
- Checked in automatically with the Uber Check-In app! ubercheckin.com (at @HCR_ManorCare in Yardley, PA) 4sq.com/1u2hcWF 1 hour ago
- Just posted a photo ln.is/instagram.com/… 1 hour ago
- Checked in automatically with the Uber Check-In app! ubercheckin.com (at @DunkinDonuts) 4sq.com/10FWNux 1 hour ago
- Checked in automatically with the Uber Check-In app! ubercheckin.com (@ Rita's Water Ice) 4sq.com/1pc0VNI 1 hour ago
- Checked in automatically with the Uber Check-In app! ubercheckin.com (at @7Eleven in Morrisville, PA) 4sq.com/1zmOjqg 1 hour ago
- 10 New Ways To Eat Grapefruit1. Citrus Rounds With Mint And Crystallized GingerOn a large platter, arrange rounds of pink grapefruit, navel orange, and blood orange. Sprinkle with minced crystallized ginger, fresh mint leaves, and a pinch salt. Drizzle with honey.NUTRITION (per serving) 116 cal, 2 g pro, 24 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 16 g sugars, 2.5 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 7 mg sodium read more […]emFrey
- 10 Myths About Thinning HairHow's this for scary: You're just as likely to deal with hair loss as the guy next door. We're not talking about full-blown balding, but more subtle (and no less traumatic) thinning, like your part getting wider or your scalp showing through. "About 40–50% of women are affected by hair thinning," says Nicole Rogers, MD, a hair transp […]mmessing
- 7 Weird Ways Slacking Off Can Help You Lose More WeightLosing weight is hard work. Sometimes the gym is just so far away, and that box of donuts is just so right there. But here's some good news for the willpower deprived: You don't have to be obsessive about diet and exercise to lose weight. Slackers can be slim, too. Here's what to do: read moremmessing
- 9 Drugstore Anti-Agers That Actually WorkThis may come as a surprise: Many drugstore beauty products contain the exact same ingredients as the precious pricey bottles in department stores. Even better, many of these brands put just as many years of research and development into each product. So what's the difference? Drugstore products tend to skip the exotic extras and the bottles and jars ma […]szdanow
- This Fruit Could Help Cancel Out A High-Fat DietNo single fruit or veggie can be the answer to all of your dietary dreams—that’s why we never jumped on the mono-meal trend (10 bananas for lunch? Gross.). But sometimes a food does something so cool that we have to give it a little special attention: According to a new UC Berkeley study, consuming grapefruits regularly may help trigger weight loss and count […]szdanow
- 8 Things Your Sleep Habits Say About YouYou're ready for a great night. Conditions are perfect. You've got a 68-degree room, mattress with your sleep number, a pillow that cradles your head, and curtains that block out all light. But, once again, you're tossing and turning. You're pacing in the middle of the night and tired in the morning. Poor sleep leaves you irritable, moody […]emFrey
- The Healthiest Teas To Drink From Morning To NightFor Zhena Muzyka, tea is a way of life. The author of Life by the Cup: Ingredients for a Purpose-Filled Life of Bottomless Happiness and Limitless Success began her love affair with tea because of her grandmother, who was a Gypsy in Ukraine. "She gardened and had this massive garden with botanicals and roses and herbs," Muzyka told FoxNews.com. […]mmessing
- Eat THIS, Consume 16% Less Food For The Rest Of The DayFrom jalapeños to habaneros, spicy peppers may be the missing ingredient in your weight-loss plan. Not only do they fire up your body’s calorie-burning centers, but they also keep you feeling full longer, concludes a new study review published in the journal Nutrition Today. read moreemitchell
- 6 Natural Depression Remedies Worth TryingIf you're depressed, as some 19 millions Americans are, joining the Prozac nation may not necessarily be the answer. For one thing, antidepressants work for only half the people who try them, says David Mischoulon, MD, PhD, an associate professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. Then there are the side effects—fatigue, weight gain, sexual dysfun […]szdanow
- People Are Whitening Their Teeth With... Charcoal?If you haven't already spent a full 7 minutes of your life watching an oddly fascinating YouTube video of someone brushing their teeth with pitch-black paste, we'll fill you in. They're using activated charcoal (a reheated, oxidized version of the stuff you buy for summer cookouts) as a natural tooth whitener. The strangest part? It actually w […]mmessing