Saw “Galaxy Quest” again tonight – fun and it makes good points, too.
We just saw a favorite movie again on cable tonight. I am so glad, because it makes me think of great things to share with you
I LOVE “Galaxy Quest”. It was released in 1999 and always makes me smile.
I really enjoy looking up details of movies and shows on IMDB.com. I love to see people in the cast that I didn’t remember, especially before they were famous!
The director is Dean Parisot. He has directed a lot of great tv shows (like Monk), and another favorite movie of mine – “Home Fries” with Drew Barrymore, Luke Wilson, and Catherine O’Hara.
The movie is available on Netflix.com if you are a member, there.
Tim Allen (Toy Story, The Santa Clause)
Sigourney Weaver (Avatar)
Alan Rickman (Harry Potter)
Tony Shalhoub (Monk)
Justin Long (Dodgeball)
Enrico Colantoni (Just Shoot Me!)
The story is very sweet and appeals to kids as well as middle aged geezers who grew up on Star Treik! That’s me. LOL
The group was in a tv show, kind of like Star Trek. Now, they do conventions, paid appearances, etc. Tim Allen’s character is bored, sloppy, rude, and drunk.
Tim Allen has a great story line where he learns to be fair and be a man, and share credit with his friends.
Then a group of real aliens come to Tim Allen for help. They think that the “historical documents” (the tv shows that they saw) were real, and that this crew can save their species.
Enrico Colatoni is just amazing in this movie. He plays the reluctant leader of a species of aliens that look kind of like octopuses (I had to look up the correct plural for octopus!). They have a device that gives them a human form. He is a sweet and innocent creature, in difficult circumstances.
The TV show’s catch phrase was “Never Give Up, Never Surrender”.
How great for our lives as well!
You can give up on your dreams. You can never surrender to your fear and anxiety about success.
We want to help you!
Join our international team at the 10K Challenge! http://ibourl.net/WittTeam
- 56,364 hits
- @FishingKev Thanks for sharing that. You're featured on my @RebelMouse rbl.ms/1kfZFql 5 hours ago
- G+: 9 Phenomenal Photographs of the Northern Lights in Norway goo.gl/kzuNkH 5 hours ago
- RT @FishingKev: #Wishes To visit the ocean at #Thanksgiving heronetwork.com/wish/home?id=1… #The Wishing Well via @theheronetwork FB Post http://… 5 hours ago
- Love this!! plus.google.com/10381424468674… http://t.co/py0VjHppZE 5 hours ago
- ‘A Chorus of Keys': A Song Created Entirely From the Sounds of Typing on Iconic Keyboards [VIDEO] ln.is/blog.dashburst… via @DashBurst 5 hours ago
- The One Time You Should Never Ever Use Hand SanitizerUh-oh, that hand sanitizer dispenser next to the cash register at your favorite lunch spot might be doing way more harm than good. Lather up before you grab the receipt, and you could unknowingly expose yourself to crazy-high amounts of the estrogen-mimicking chemical BPA, according to new research published in the journal PLoS One. read moremmessing
- 5 Guilt-Free Potpie RecipesThese savory potpies are the definition of fall comfort food—with a clean, modern, low-sugar twist. Get ready to find your new favorite potpie, plus, a super-easy dough recipe. MORE: 20 Classic Fall Recipes You'll Loveread moremmessing
- The Surprising Reason You May Be Able To Eat More Fat Than MenHere’s a new finding that throws the whole "girls eat salad, guys eat steak" thing right out the window: Premenopausal women appear to be less susceptible to the artery-clogging effects of saturated fat-rich meals than men, according to new research published in Cell Reports. read moreemitchell
- The Bizarre Thing That Happens Every Time You Drink A SodaIf you drink a lot of soda, you may want to brace yourself—literally. Swallowing soft drinks may increase your risk for hip fractures or other bone issues, suggests new research in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. The study team examined data on more than 70,000 post-menopausal women. Among those who slurped 12-ounces of soda (or more) daily, the […]mmessing
- The Calorie-Counting Trick That Actually WorksThe next time the line at Starbucks is threatening to burn through your resolve to eat clean—that 420-calorie chocolate-chunk cookie would go so well with a latte, wouldn't it?—take a few seconds to do some mental math and your craving may quickly evaporate. Factoring the "exercise equivalent" of an item—how long it would take to to burn it of […]vwolk
- Meditation: The Best Thing To Happen To Sleep Since PillowsIf you're averaging less than 7 hours a night (which most Americans are), you're not getting sufficient shut-eye (see how lack of sleep can wreak havoc on your health). But smartphone bans and warm baths only go so far. Here's a bigger-commitment strategy that's worth it: meditation. read moreemitchell
- The Scary Truth About What You Did Last Night In BedDid you get less than 7 hours of sleep? Thought so (40% of Americans do). Averaging that much can kill you—literally. Sleep is just as vital to good health as diet and exercise, and not getting enough can lead to diabetes, obesity, and heart trouble. Now scientists are adding one more wake-up call to that list: Lack of sleep damages the brain. As in, gives y […]emitchell
- The Natural Fix For Your Seasonal DepressionFeeling blue or just down on yourself? Downing more produce could help. A new study in BMJ Open finds that adequate fruit and veggie intake was associated with big mental perks, helping to lift levels of optimism, happiness, self-esteem, and resilience. Great news, considering about a half million Americans suffer from seasonal affective disorder (SAD) and u […]emFrey
- 10 Perfect Snacks To Pair With CoffeeIt's 10 am and you need a post-breakfast, pre-lunch pick-me-up. A satisfying snack that can both complement your second (OK, third) cup of coffee without sabotaging your lunch. But what?—you've sworn off junk like doughnuts, but raw kale chips aren't going to cut it either. Try these 10 healthy options with flavors that go well with a cup of j […]emitchell
- 11 Natural Solutions For Bad BreathEveryone worries about bad breath from time to time especially after a spicy meal or a cup of coffee. In fact, about 9 percent of people reported having bad breath within the past 6 months, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). For some people, bad breath is persistent and experts agree it’s likely a symptom of a more serious hea […]szdanow