Saw “Galaxy Quest” again tonight – fun and it makes good points, too.
We just saw a favorite movie again on cable tonight. I am so glad, because it makes me think of great things to share with you
I LOVE “Galaxy Quest”. It was released in 1999 and always makes me smile.
I really enjoy looking up details of movies and shows on IMDB.com. I love to see people in the cast that I didn’t remember, especially before they were famous!
The director is Dean Parisot. He has directed a lot of great tv shows (like Monk), and another favorite movie of mine – “Home Fries” with Drew Barrymore, Luke Wilson, and Catherine O’Hara.
The movie is available on Netflix.com if you are a member, there.
Tim Allen (Toy Story, The Santa Clause)
Sigourney Weaver (Avatar)
Alan Rickman (Harry Potter)
Tony Shalhoub (Monk)
Justin Long (Dodgeball)
Enrico Colantoni (Just Shoot Me!)
The story is very sweet and appeals to kids as well as middle aged geezers who grew up on Star Treik! That’s me. LOL
The group was in a tv show, kind of like Star Trek. Now, they do conventions, paid appearances, etc. Tim Allen’s character is bored, sloppy, rude, and drunk.
Tim Allen has a great story line where he learns to be fair and be a man, and share credit with his friends.
Then a group of real aliens come to Tim Allen for help. They think that the “historical documents” (the tv shows that they saw) were real, and that this crew can save their species.
Enrico Colatoni is just amazing in this movie. He plays the reluctant leader of a species of aliens that look kind of like octopuses (I had to look up the correct plural for octopus!). They have a device that gives them a human form. He is a sweet and innocent creature, in difficult circumstances.
The TV show’s catch phrase was “Never Give Up, Never Surrender”.
How great for our lives as well!
You can give up on your dreams. You can never surrender to your fear and anxiety about success.
We want to help you!
Join our international team at the 10K Challenge! http://ibourl.net/WittTeam
- 54,864 hits
- Today stats: 10 followers, 5 unfollowers and followed 2 people via uapp.ly 3 hours ago
- RT @drnanettej: @blastkat @sallykwitt @viragshah4 @2powerN Hope you do, too :) 8 hours ago
- RT @blastkat: @drnanettej Likewise Nanette :) @sallykwitt @viragshah4 @2powerN I hope you have a lovely #weekend 8 hours ago
- RT @viragshah4: @dr_albertosexo @blastkat @NetProfitsMedia @SoyapaCrazy @cftc10 @serradoroncador @PoKoHontos @goldenTwine @drnanettej @sall… 8 hours ago
- @sallykwitt @LeftieBE Thank you for the retweet! 8 hours ago
- HP Slider 7.26.14Slider Slide HED: 5 Recipes With Kombucha Slider Slide DEK: This probiotic-packed brew makes all kinds of dishes efferversce Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 5 Delicious Kombucha Recipes Slider Slide HED: Craving Chips? Slider Slide DEK: 5 healthier—but just as tasty—snack alternatives Slider Slide Image: […]ABeal
- Is Stress Making You Gain 11 Pounds A Year?During the study, researchers measured participants' resting metabolic rate. Image courtesy of The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. Stress eating tends to be associated with reaching for high-fat comfort foods that everybody knows are unhealthy. But it’s not just the calories consumed during stress eating that negatively impact one’s weight— […]mmessing
- Lauren Cardarelli for Fitbie.comContributor Display as Expert: 0ABeal
- You Eat 92% Of Everything You Put On Your PlateHere’s some food for thought: The average adult eats 91.7% of the food that we put on our plates, finds a study out of the Columbia University’s Food and Brand Lab in New York City. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]szdanow
- HP Slider 7.25.14Slider Slide HED: How To Be 40% Happier Slider Slide DEK: Little everyday ways to up the joy in your life Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 25 Teeny Tiny Ways To Be 40% Happier Slider Slide HED: Low On Motivation? Slider Slide DEK: These 5 tips can help you stick to your running plan Slider Slide Image: Sl […]ABeal
- 5 Healthy Alternatives To Potato ChipsThumbnail: Who doesn't love pairing a protein-packed sandwich with a handful of potato chips come lunchtime? The crunch factor and hint of salt simply hits the spot. (No wonder American spend over $7 billion a year on 'em!) Lay's is taking the classic potato chip for a whole new spin, offering four new wild flavors starting July 28: Bacon Mac […]mmessing
- How To Always Feel Good About How You Look. Yes, Always.The more frequently you exercise, the more likely you are to like what you see in the mirror. According to a recent Gallup poll, 70% of people who work out for at least 30 minutes a day reported that they always feel good about how they look. For those who never work out, that number drops to 49%. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]vwolk
- The Newly Discovered Virus Living In The Guts Of Half The World's PopulationIt’s hard to think of intestinal science as “trendy.” But from probiotics to your belly’s microbiome, the human gut and all the organisms that live there are definitely enjoying a moment. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]ABeal
- 5 Fast Mushroom RecipesDate Published: Wed, 07/23/2014 Last Edited / Created By / Date Edited Last Edited By: ABeal Created By: ABeal Ad Tags Move 1st Ad Unit Above Slide Title: 1st Ad unit in normal position Enable 2nd Ad unit: Disable 2nd Ad unit Facebook Comments: 0 Image: Slide Body: Our caps go off to mushrooms! These fantastic fungi bring meaty texture and complex fl […]ABeal
- HP Slider 7.24.14Slider Slide HED: Skip The Oven Tonight Slider Slide DEK: 4 new no-cook summer dinner recipes Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 4 No-Cook Summer Dinners Slider Slide HED: A Most Romantic High Slider Slide DEK: The healthy reason to schedule some kissing in your near future Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide […]ABeal