Saw “Galaxy Quest” again tonight – fun and it makes good points, too.
We just saw a favorite movie again on cable tonight. I am so glad, because it makes me think of great things to share with you
I LOVE “Galaxy Quest”. It was released in 1999 and always makes me smile.
I really enjoy looking up details of movies and shows on IMDB.com. I love to see people in the cast that I didn’t remember, especially before they were famous!
The director is Dean Parisot. He has directed a lot of great tv shows (like Monk), and another favorite movie of mine – “Home Fries” with Drew Barrymore, Luke Wilson, and Catherine O’Hara.
The movie is available on Netflix.com if you are a member, there.
Tim Allen (Toy Story, The Santa Clause)
Sigourney Weaver (Avatar)
Alan Rickman (Harry Potter)
Tony Shalhoub (Monk)
Justin Long (Dodgeball)
Enrico Colantoni (Just Shoot Me!)
The story is very sweet and appeals to kids as well as middle aged geezers who grew up on Star Treik! That’s me. LOL
The group was in a tv show, kind of like Star Trek. Now, they do conventions, paid appearances, etc. Tim Allen’s character is bored, sloppy, rude, and drunk.
Tim Allen has a great story line where he learns to be fair and be a man, and share credit with his friends.
Then a group of real aliens come to Tim Allen for help. They think that the “historical documents” (the tv shows that they saw) were real, and that this crew can save their species.
Enrico Colatoni is just amazing in this movie. He plays the reluctant leader of a species of aliens that look kind of like octopuses (I had to look up the correct plural for octopus!). They have a device that gives them a human form. He is a sweet and innocent creature, in difficult circumstances.
The TV show’s catch phrase was “Never Give Up, Never Surrender”.
How great for our lives as well!
You can give up on your dreams. You can never surrender to your fear and anxiety about success.
We want to help you!
Join our international team at the 10K Challenge! http://ibourl.net/WittTeam
- 53,655 hits
- Today one of our artist bloggers talked about how to present your art and free resources bit.ly/QzDj52 ⊕ I-donate-my-voice.For-additional.info/click-the-link… 1 hour ago
- Today stats: 17 followers, 4 unfollowers and followed 3 people via Unfollowers.com/?s=dt 10 hours ago
- 1800 Marble Polising & Restoration 1800marblerestoration.com 13 hours ago
- Marble,Stone Polishing | Marble Repair & Restoration: 1800marblerestoration.com/#.U1R2pEh6hLY.… 13 hours ago
- Sally K Witt, Internet Success 4 You! is out! paper.li/sallykwitt/130… Stories via @krayzeefella01 14 hours ago
- HP Slider 4.21.14Slider Slide HED: Are You Ready? Slider Slide DEK: Welcome to the 28-Day Transformation Challenge—have you signed up yet? Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (External): http://www.prevention.com/preventions-28-day-challenge-2014 Slider Slide HED: The #1 Natural Sleep Remedy Slider Slide DEK: Get the shut-eye you need to […]ABeal
- HP Slider 4.20.14Slider Slide HED: Your Stomach On Stress Slider Slide DEK: This is what happens to your poor belly when you worry so much Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Ask Dr. Stork: Can Stress Give You Stomach Cramps? Slider Slide HED: 23 Ways To Eat Clean Slider Slide DEK: Simple swaps you can make today Slider Slide […]ABeal
- HP Slider 4.19.14Slider Slide HED: Why You Just Can't Lose Weight Slider Slide DEK: Prevention's RD weighs in on what it'll take to make real change Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): What's The Trick To Sticking With A Diet? Slider Slide HED: Scrumptious Strawberries Slider Slide DEK: Welcome spring with […]ABeal
- How To Make A Green Smoothie That Isn't All KaleKitchen skills are not an issue for professional chef and TV personality Candice Kumai, but when she moved to New York, Kumai found she still needed a simpler way to meet her daily nutrition needs. “Learning to watch my diet in a healthy way that was quick and easy was what I was looking for,” she says, and she found it in green drinks—juices and smoothies p […]ABeal
- What Your Sleeping Position Says About Your RelationshipWhat happens between the sheets may be a huge predictor of how satisfied you are with your relationship—and not in the way you might think. A recent survey from the University of Hertfordshire in the United Kingdom found a link between sleep position and happiness in a relationship. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]arush
- Katherine Harmon CourageContributor Display as Expert: 0ABeal
- The Link Between Irregular Periods And Ovarian CancerThe claim: If you never quite know when your period's going to show up, you may be at increased risk for ovarian cancer, according to a study presented at the annual meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]ehaak
- How Doctors Successfully Implanted Lab-Grown Vaginas Into 4 WomenFor women with Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome, life can be difficult. Born with an absent or underdeveloped vagina, women suffering MRKH often have difficulty experiencing a normal sex life, can fail to menstruate and sometimes cannot reproduce naturally. But now, researchers from Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center have found a way to normalize life […]mmessing
- Why You Eat More Soft-Baked Cookies Than Crunchy OnesThe claim: Crispy, soft or rough, the texture of a food may determine your perception of its calories and change the amount of it you eat, according to a new study from the Journal of Consumer Research. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]emFrey
- HP Slider 4.18.14Slider Slide HED: 4 Things Happy People Know Slider Slide DEK: What the world's most blissful people have in common Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 4 Things The World's Happiest People Have In Common Slider Slide HED: 23 Ways To Eat Clean Slider Slide DEK: Simple swaps you can make today Slider […]ABeal