Saw “Galaxy Quest” again tonight – fun and it makes good points, too.
We just saw a favorite movie again on cable tonight. I am so glad, because it makes me think of great things to share with you
I LOVE “Galaxy Quest”. It was released in 1999 and always makes me smile.
I really enjoy looking up details of movies and shows on IMDB.com. I love to see people in the cast that I didn’t remember, especially before they were famous!
The director is Dean Parisot. He has directed a lot of great tv shows (like Monk), and another favorite movie of mine – “Home Fries” with Drew Barrymore, Luke Wilson, and Catherine O’Hara.
The movie is available on Netflix.com if you are a member, there.
Tim Allen (Toy Story, The Santa Clause)
Sigourney Weaver (Avatar)
Alan Rickman (Harry Potter)
Tony Shalhoub (Monk)
Justin Long (Dodgeball)
Enrico Colantoni (Just Shoot Me!)
The story is very sweet and appeals to kids as well as middle aged geezers who grew up on Star Treik! That’s me. LOL
The group was in a tv show, kind of like Star Trek. Now, they do conventions, paid appearances, etc. Tim Allen’s character is bored, sloppy, rude, and drunk.
Tim Allen has a great story line where he learns to be fair and be a man, and share credit with his friends.
Then a group of real aliens come to Tim Allen for help. They think that the “historical documents” (the tv shows that they saw) were real, and that this crew can save their species.
Enrico Colatoni is just amazing in this movie. He plays the reluctant leader of a species of aliens that look kind of like octopuses (I had to look up the correct plural for octopus!). They have a device that gives them a human form. He is a sweet and innocent creature, in difficult circumstances.
The TV show’s catch phrase was “Never Give Up, Never Surrender”.
How great for our lives as well!
You can give up on your dreams. You can never surrender to your fear and anxiety about success.
We want to help you!
Join our international team at the 10K Challenge! http://ibourl.net/WittTeam
- 52,925 hits
- I just cashed out $25.02 from @FusionCash. You can too: fca.sh/1i2aw $5 signup bonus! 1 hour ago
- Today stats: 16 followers, 7 unfollowers and followed 3 people via Unfollowers.com/?s=dt 5 hours ago
- Through the Looking Glass: What Happens at a @GoogleGlass Gathering nym.ag/1ioRUZi I twitter.com/hardly ⊕ I-donate-my-voice.For-additional.info/click-the-link… 13 hours ago
- Sally K Witt, Social Media/Ministry is out! paper.li/sallykwitt/130… 16 hours ago
- I'm at Capital Health Regional Medical Center (Trenton, NJ) 4sq.com/1kIjTb0 16 hours ago
- From Pain To Finding Your PassionThumbnail: I was sitting with my husband in the kitchen one day, watching him down two bagels, a granola bar, and soda—all before it was time for lunch. I'd seen him eat all those things before, but for some reason, that day it really irked me. I had just recently beaten breast cancer, and it was important to me that he understand what he was putting i […]scastillo
- HP Slider 3.11.14Slider Slide HED: Scale Stuck? Slider Slide DEK: How to get past your weight loss plateau Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): The Scale Won't Move—Now What? Slider Slide HED: See Wrinkles Run Slider Slide DEK: 5 new products that'll send wrinkles packing Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: […]ABeal
- Which States Have The Healthiest Brains?The claim: Maryland may be the ninth smallest state in the country, but its residents boast the healthiest brains, according to 2014 America’s Brain Health Index. Washington state, Colorado, Connecticut, and Alaska followed as the top five brain-healthy states. Meanwhile, Arkansas, Louisiana, North Dakota, Alabama, and Mississippi rounded out the bottom of t […]crossi
- Why Some Older Men Have Short FusesThe claim: Older men—but not older women—who have stressed cells and worn out DNA bounce back more slowly from taxing situations, and also show higher levels of hostility and pessimism, finds a study published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS). NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]nniemiec
- Will Working Out At Night Really Wreck Your Sleep?The claim: If you've ever been told to avoid exercise in the hours leading up to bedtime, don't settle into the couch and fire up your Netflix just yet. A new study in Sleep Medicine challenges this common sleep recommendation by finding that evening workouts have no negative effects on the quality of your sleep. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 […]nniemiec
- When you think about your life, you feel...Poll Active Date: Mon, 03/10/2014 - 04:00 Grateful—I love my life! Satisfied overall Unhappy. There's so much I want to change. See ResultsABeal
- HP Slider 3.10.14Slider Slide HED: Make Love, Not Resentment Slider Slide DEK: 5 strategies to fight less and love more Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 5 Simple Tips To Love More And Fight Less Slider Slide HED: A Tastier Way To Wake Up Slider Slide DEK: 8 fresh takes on your favorite breakfasts Slider Slide Image: Slide […]ABeal
- channel slider - weight loss - 03.07.14Slider Active Date: Fri, 03/07/2014 - 18:20 Slider Slide HED: 7-Day Slimdown Slider Slide DEK: 7 ways to lose weight in 7 days Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 7 Ways To Lose Weight In 7 Days Slider Slide HED: Cook Once, Eat All Week Slider Slide DEK: With roasted veggies, you'll have salads, frittat […]mroberson
- The Ring That Prevents Pregnancy And STDsYou’re a multitasker—so why shouldn’t your birth control be, too? Research just released in PLOS One unveils a vaginal ring that could simultaneously keep women from getting pregnant and contracting HIV and herpes. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]crossi
- The Diet You Google The MostThe Paleo diet, also known as the Caveman diet, was the most Googled diet in 2013 and the early part of 2014. Besides having a catchy name, this diet has an appealing premise: If cavemen didn’t eat it, neither should you. But is the Paleo diet actually good for you? Here's what you need to know. [sidebar]The pros: NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read […]crossi