Horror today at the school I went to in Sandy Hook, CT
We don’t know the story yet of who the 20 year old shooter was, or what was bothering him.
As of 2pm, 27 are dead - 18 of them are children.
My sister and I grew up in Sandy Hook – a borough of Newtown, CT. We went to Sandy Hook Elementary, and later changed to St. Rose – the Catholic school in Newtown.
My most vivid memory of the school was the day that President Kennedy was shot. They rounded us up out of classes to go home. It was confusing and people were crying.
My mother was a teacher for many years at Hawley Elementary School in the same district.
Shocking, when will the violence end????
good overall coverage -
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- 45,633 hits
- Revolutionize Your Office Space bit.ly/YURGSz 58 minutes ago
- Top New Empire Avenue Users – May 20, 2013 nblo.gs/LoXln 1 hour ago
- Top New Empire Avenue Users – May 20, 2013 fb.me/2pDLldNCY 1 hour ago
- Photo: Top New Empire Avenue Users – May 20, 2013 Hey EAvers, we’ve got 4 of yesterday’s 40 new users on... tmblr.co/ZgpBUxlQrwWY 1 hour ago
- 7 Weird Reasons To Give Up Sugar bit.ly/18cum5t 1 hour ago
- Revolutionize Your Office SpaceIt isn’t news that long hours at work can have adverse effects on your health, but the latest study out from the Tel Aviv University might be the most alarming. Researchers linked workplace stress with an increased risk in developing Type-2 diabetes. Before you go and point the work-stress-finger at your workload, know this: It’s your complete work environm […]crossi
- 7 Weird Reasons To Give Up SugarThumbnail: Sugar was always meant to be a treat, a reward. "The last time I checked, birthday cake was for birthdays, and birthdays come once a year," says endocrinologist Robert Lustig, MD, author of Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease. But added sugar is infiltrating the food supply, and we're no […]ABeal
- Rodale's rr block
- 4 Steps to a Healthier WorkdayIf you’re part of the 40-plus work week crowd, you may think your healthy habits are non-existent, and they may be. Researchers found that women who worked long hours were also much more likely to smoke, drink heavily and skimp on exercise. What’s more: middle-aged women who worked more than 35 hours a week gained more weight over a two-year period than thos […]crossi
- The Root That May Ease AsthmaIt may be time to spice up your asthma treatment. A few components of ginger root appear to relax the airway tissues that tighten up during an attack, finds research presented at the American Thoracic Society’s International Conference held in Philadelphia during May 17-22, 2013. Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]crossi
- What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to do but haven't yet?Poll Active Date: Mon, 05/20/2013 - 04:00 Learning to salsa dance Riding a motorcycle! Going rock climbing Taking a gourmet cooking class Running a marathon Sky diving! See ResultsABeal
- Alex Crees from FoxNews.comContributor Display as Expert: 0ABeal
- Lauren KesslerContributor Display as Expert: 0scastillo
- HP Slider 5.20.13Slider Slide HED: Allergies? What Allergies? Slider Slide DEK: 10 seasonal allergy treatments for the relief you need Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Problem Solved: 10 Solutions For Seasonal Allergies Slider Slide HED: Putting The Brakes On A Binge Slider Slide DEK: 10 science-backed ways to take control […]ABeal
- HP Slider 5.19.13Slider Slide HED: Stressed? Slider Slide DEK: Why you should book a hot stone massage ASAP Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Hot Stone Massage Slider Slide HED: Natural Menopause Solutions Slider Slide DEK: 14 gentle ways to ease symptoms Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link […]ABeal