We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
- 54,898 hits
- Today stats: 5 followers, 6 unfollowers and followed one person via uapp.ly 32 minutes ago
- G+: Great info from + goo.gl/jVqYSn goo.gl/KC0CkK 7 hours ago
- Great info from Michael Q Todd fb.me/1wNDr3cOY 7 hours ago
- Great info from Michael Q Todd fplus.me/p/8spP/53c98b0e http://t.co/Anc504bRi9 7 hours ago
- RT @JohnGushue: You're going to need a bigger boat! Awesome @CBCNL story re Koby Rice and his very large cod cbc.ca/1.2718384 http:/… 7 hours ago
- HP Slider 7.29.14Slider Slide HED: What Is Cellulite, Anyway? Slider Slide DEK: 4 types of body fat, explained Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): What The Heck Is Cellulite Anyway? And 3 More Types Of Body Fat—Explained Slider Slide HED: Eat Your Way Happy Slider Slide DEK: 10 foods proven to boost your bliss Slider Slide Im […]ABeal
- By Aviva Patz. Source: Gretchen Vannice, Registered Dietician. Illustration: Giulio Mencaroni.Contributor Display as Expert: 0ABeal
- Heatstroke Is Way More Common Than You Think. Do You Know What To Watch For?It’s great to be able to run outside on a sunny day...unless you end up with heatstroke, that is. In warm climates, heatstroke is 10 times more likely than cardiac events to be life-threatening for runners during endurance races, according to new research published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read […]vwolk
- The Most Effective Move For Sculpted Biceps Is...We all want sculpted arms that look lean and lovely in short sleeves, and now science is helping us find a faster way to get them. New research has crowned one move queen when it comes to beautiful biceps: Concentration curls (a seated curl where the elbow rests against the inner thigh). NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]szdanow
- Running Crushes Your Heart Attack Risk—No Matter How Slow You GoYou’re not a runner. Never have been, and you don’t plan to start. It’s time to reconsider, because pounding pavement—even once in a while at a slow pace—could slash your risk of death from cardiovascular disease (CVD) by 45%, according to new research appearing in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read mo […]szdanow
- How much TV do you watch a day?Poll Active Date: Sun, 07/27/2014 - 04:00 None. Don't even have cable! More than 2 hours; it's how I unwind. Less than 2 hours, and not every night. See ResultsABeal
- 30-Second Foot Pain FixThumbnail: Stretching can keep your feet healthy and ready to move. For flexible, pain-free arches and toes, do this stretch for foot pain relief from Susi Hatley, founder of Functional Synergy Yoga Therapy, every other day. Hold each stretch for 30 seconds to 2 minutes. A. Kneel on a folded towel; tuck feet under so you're on your toes. Sit back, hi […]ABeal
- HP Slider 7.28.14Slider Slide HED: Fast Foot Pain Fix Slider Slide DEK: Try this 30-second stretch for seriously happy feet Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 30-Second Foot Pain Fix Slider Slide HED: Sure You Should Take That? Slider Slide DEK: 4 supplements that don't mix well with meds Slider Slide Image: Slider Sli […]ABeal
- HP Slider 7.27.14Slider Slide HED: Your Frizz, Eased Slider Slide DEK: 5 anti-frizz hair products that really work Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 5 Anti-Frizz Hair Products That Actually Work Slider Slide HED: 6 Tasty Tomato Recipes Slider Slide DEK: Make the most of the season's star fruit with these recipes Slider […]ABeal
- Never Ever Be Bored On The Treadmill AgainWhen temperatures start skyrocketing above 90, getting in your miles outside can feel pretty (chafing, panting) uncomfortable. But many runners turn to the going-nowhere treadmill with certain dread. “My whole life is about getting people to stop hating the treadmill and to make friends with it,” says David Siik, a Los Angeles-based Equinox trainer, Ford mod […]ABeal