We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
- 52,913 hits
- I'm at Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell (Pennington, NJ) 4sq.com/1ek9VoI 8 hours ago
- First Annual Charity Dinner & I Love Animals Award goo.gl/MI3okU via @AmazonCares 12 hours ago
- Today stats: 17 followers, 10 unfollowers and followed 34 people via Unfollowers.com/?s=dt 13 hours ago
- What I learned from my near death experience. "We are alive" by @drkent youtube.com/watch?v=tzDndJ… 17 hours ago
- Man Takes Breathtaking, Unexpected Aerial Shot of the Chicago Skyline With His iPhone dashburst.com/chicago-skylin… via @DashBurst 17 hours ago
- Will Working Out At Night Really Wreck Your Sleep?The claim: If you've ever been told to avoid exercise in the hours leading up to bedtime, don't settle into the couch and fire up your Netflix just yet. A new study in Sleep Medicine challenges this common sleep recommendation by finding that evening workouts have no negative effects on the quality of your sleep. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 […]nniemiec
- When you think about your life, you feel...Poll Active Date: Mon, 03/10/2014 - 04:00 Grateful—I love my life! Satisfied overall Unhappy. There's so much I want to change. See ResultsABeal
- HP Slider 3.10.14Slider Slide HED: Make Love, Not Resentment Slider Slide DEK: 5 strategies to fight less and love more Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 5 Simple Tips To Love More And Fight Less Slider Slide HED: A Tastier Way To Wake Up Slider Slide DEK: 8 fresh takes on your favorite breakfasts Slider Slide Image: Slide […]ABeal
- channel slider - weight loss - 03.07.14Slider Active Date: Fri, 03/07/2014 - 18:20 Slider Slide HED: 7-Day Slimdown Slider Slide DEK: 7 ways to lose weight in 7 days Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 7 Ways To Lose Weight In 7 Days Slider Slide HED: Cook Once, Eat All Week Slider Slide DEK: With roasted veggies, you'll have salads, frittat […]mroberson
- The Ring That Prevents Pregnancy And STDsYou’re a multitasker—so why shouldn’t your birth control be, too? Research just released in PLOS One unveils a vaginal ring that could simultaneously keep women from getting pregnant and contracting HIV and herpes. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]crossi
- The Diet You Google The MostThe Paleo diet, also known as the Caveman diet, was the most Googled diet in 2013 and the early part of 2014. Besides having a catchy name, this diet has an appealing premise: If cavemen didn’t eat it, neither should you. But is the Paleo diet actually good for you? Here's what you need to know. [sidebar]The pros: NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read […]crossi
- How The Environment Is Affecting And Your FertilityDo you know what toxins are lurking in your environment? The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the American Society for Reproductive Medicine issued a joint committee opinion paper in September requesting policy changes by the government after uncovering evidence that environmental toxins are increasingly becoming a high-level threat to […]crossi
- The New Trend Of Washing Your Face With...Dirt?These days, the road to purifying your pores might look more like a mud run. White charcoal, black soap, clay masks, and skin-saving muds are hotter than ever. Why are these facial cleansers having a moment? They’re detoxers. “Activated charcoal has been treated with oxygen, which gives it the ability to act like a magnet for toxins and impurities,” explains […]crossi
- Laurie Puhn Contributor Display as Expert: 0 Contributor Image: Laurie Puhn has a bachelor's and a law degree from Harvard University, where she served on the Board of the Harvard Mediation Program. Contributor First Name: Laurie Contributor Last Name: Puhn Contributor Bio: Laurie Puhn has a bachelor's and a law degree from Harvard University, where she s […]emFrey
- Control Your Anger, Stop A Heart Attack?The claim: Your risk for a heart attack increases exponentially after an angry outburst, according to research published in the European Heart Journal. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]crossi