We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
- 55,818 hits
- Record Number of Homeless Students in U.S. Schools ow.ly/BMSCA via @NAEHCY @nn4youth @invisiblepeople I ⊕ I-donate-my-voice.For-additional.info/click-the-link… 2 hours ago
- @Jon_Boyer Added your tweet to my @RebelMouse rbl.ms/1uy6IdO 5 hours ago
- @Nahason_07 You made my @RebelMouse rbl.ms/1uy6m7f 5 hours ago
- RT @Jon_Boyer: Signs and Symptoms | Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever | CDC fb.me/3GWrdL3LZ 5 hours ago
- RT @Jon_Boyer: I posted a new photo to Facebook fb.me/3Qwv2oGe3 5 hours ago
- This Is How Diet Soda Can Make You Gain WeightThe whole point of sugar substitutes is that they give you the same sweet taste with none of the calories so that you can lose weight and be healthy. Too bad they may actually do the opposite, according to research from the Weizmann Institute of Science. While this counterintuitive fact has baffled researchers for some time, this new study seems to have disc […]emFrey
- 10-Minute Dinner Recipes For Busy WomenWe’ve all been there: long hours in the office, a late-night workout, or just a feeling of being dog-tired and don’t want to spend a bunch of time whipping up a healthy dinner. Though not quite ready to cave into Seamless, either—arg! Read on for the go-to, 10-minute recipes of healthy women, when an hour in the kitchen just isn’t going to happen. The Dish: […]ABeal
- Do Artificial Sweeteners Cause More Harm Than Good?No doubt you've heard about the recent study that links artificial sweeteners with an increased risk of diabetes. Published in the September 17 issue of Nature, the Israeli study showed that eating just an average amount of saccharin, aspartame, and sucralose (say, some Nutrasweet in your coffee and a couple Diet Cokes during the day) seems to alter the […]mmessing
- 5 Simple Ways To Cut 500 CaloriesOne pound of fat is equal to about 3,500 calories, and to shed one pound of fat in a week you would need to eat about 500 fewer calories every day. To do that you could run an hour a day, seven days a week, or you simply make some ordinary changes like these: BreakfastSwap out your morning bagel for a bowl of high-fiber cereal with half a cup of fiber-rich r […]szdanow
- You’re Just 30 Seconds Away From Becoming A Better RunnerIf you’re a dedicated runner, you’ve probably got quads of steel. But to run farther and faster, it’s just as important to strengthen your hamstrings, according to a new study published in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. Why? It all comes down to your running economy, or how efficiently your body uses oxygen. It’s kind of like buying a car […]vwolk
- The Completely Natural, Science-Backed Migraine SolutionIf, like me, you're part of the 13% of Americans who experience migraines, you know that sometimes, all the medicine in the world can't even touch that explosion in your head. So for many of us, the goal becomes keeping them from happening in the first place—and new research shows yoga could help with that. read morevwolk
- 3 Simple Moves That Fight Knee And Hip PainIf you’re like us, you’ve probably never paid your ankles much attention. But it turns out they can make a big difference in how you feel. “Over the years, thanks to inactivity, our ankles tend to lose flexibility and range of motion,” says Bruce Mack, cofounder of MBSC Thrive Functional Training. read moreemFrey
- The Unbelievable Speed A Virus Can Spread Around Your OfficeWell this news will make you want to quarantine yourself inside your cubicle: Viruses can spread through buildings in just a few short hours, according to a new study presented at the 54th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. Raise your hand if you have the sudden urge to take a hot shower! Researchers from the University of Ariz […]szdanow
- 7 Times You Should Definitely Have SexChances are, you don't need any extra excuses to get it on, but it turns out that certain moments can be even better than others for having sex. Total game-changer, right? Check out the best times ever to get busy: read moreszdanow
- How Old Is Your Body Really? Find Out In 7 MovesFind out with this quick and easy at-home test based on the Thrive assessment originally developed by Gray Cook, cocreator of the Functional Movement Screen. Our word of warning: Prepare to be humbled. What you'll need: Masking tape, a 4-foot dowel (a broomstick works), and a doorway (32" to 36" wide) How to do it: Follow the directions for ea […]mmessing