We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
- 54,844 hits
- Dad is in the Emergency Room and will be staying at least one night. You never know what is going to happen every... fplus.me/p/8nAV/53c98b0e 3 hours ago
- @navig8_WILL thanks so much for sharing. Just added it here: rbl.ms/1kdYTKF 4 hours ago
- RT @navig8_WILL: NEW BLOG POST: "If you invite me, I just might come in...... " wp.me/p4vujy-2c 4 hours ago
- Project to help save the Rainforest - kickstarter.com/projects/85746… fb.me/1Alg9xMLA 5 hours ago
- Project to help save the Rainforest - fplus.me/p/8ntz/53c98b0e http://t.co/xGWGVidoxM 5 hours ago
- The Newly Discovered Virus Living In The Guts Of Half The World's PopulationIt’s hard to think of intestinal science as “trendy.” But from probiotics to your belly’s microbiome, the human gut and all the organisms that live there are definitely enjoying a moment. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]ABeal
- 5 Fast Mushroom RecipesDate Published: Wed, 07/23/2014 Last Edited / Created By / Date Edited Last Edited By: ABeal Created By: ABeal Ad Tags Move 1st Ad Unit Above Slide Title: 1st Ad unit in normal position Enable 2nd Ad unit: Disable 2nd Ad unit Facebook Comments: 0 Image: Slide Body: Our caps go off to mushrooms! These fantastic fungi bring meaty texture and complex fl […]ABeal
- HP Slider 7.24.14Slider Slide HED: Skip The Oven Tonight Slider Slide DEK: 4 new no-cook summer dinner recipes Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 4 No-Cook Summer Dinners Slider Slide HED: A Most Romantic High Slider Slide DEK: The healthy reason to schedule some kissing in your near future Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide […]ABeal
- The Best Reason To Share A Kiss (Or More) TonightThumbnail: While the quest for a female Viagra continues, the secret switch that turns on desire may be literally under your nose. Kissing is romantic, but that's not why it gives your sex life a lift. Male saliva contains testosterone, and a lingering lip lock turns out to be a reliable delivery system. MORE: 10 Little Things Connected Couples Do Face […]ABeal
- Training For A Tri Commonly Leads To Urinary Incontinence And Other Pelvic Floor DisordersWhile training for a tri will certainly get you in amazing shape—all of that swimming, biking, and running can add up to a toned body pretty fast—new research shows it could lead to some pretty unpleasant complications. When researchers polled 311 female triathletes between the ages of 35 and 44, one in three reported symptoms of pelvic floor disorders. NOF […]mmessing
- Meet Kalettes, The Love Child Of Brussels Sprouts And KaleChef Sam Talbot’s Healthy Guilty Pleasure It’s in our smoothies and salads, sure, but when kale starts popping up in wedding bouquets (yup, that’s a thing), we’ve officially reached superfood fatigue. Meet what hopes to be the new, well, kale: Kalettes. A vegetable breeding company in the UK called Tozer Seeds has crossed Brussels sprouts with kale to make j […]aoaklan1
- It's Not Your Imagination: Cities Are Miserably Hotter Than Rural AreasExercise Tips That Beat Summer Heat “You must be used to the heat, having lived in Texas,” people say, brushing off complaints that I am wilting, melting, and otherwise miserable in the New York City summer. To which I reply that in Texas, there is never a need to walk more than a few hundred feet from one air-conditioned vehicle or building to another. In N […]jchia
- The Top 10 Happiest (And Unhappiest) Cities In The USThe U.S. National Bureau of Economic Research just released a new list of the 10 happiest and unhappiest metropolitan areas in the country. The rankings, based on a large survey asking people about their life satisfaction, might surprise you... Bottom Promo: bottom promo-pvnmag happy center 8-2014 NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]vwolk
- bottom promo-pvnmag fat center 8-20143 New Fat Facts That Could Have Saved Us All A Lot Of Trouble read moreemFrey
- bottom promo-pvnmag happy center 8-2014How To Be Happy On Purpose read moreemFrey