We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
- 45,604 hits
- Two Arrested 14 Years after Missionary Graham Staines’ Murder: Fourteen years after Australian missionary Grah... bit.ly/13AqIhr 52 minutes ago
- Students scarred by war earn degrees nblo.gs/LnZqt 1 hour ago
- Remembering rock ‘n’ roll radio fb.me/17lVvmgfQ 1 hour ago
- Students scarred by war earn degrees fb.me/1IIMHJjJQ 1 hour ago
- Remembering rock ‘n’ roll radio nblo.gs/LnZqq 1 hour ago
- Lauren KesslerContributor Display as Expert: 0scastillo
- HP Slider 5.20.13Slider Slide HED: Allergies? What Allergies? Slider Slide DEK: 10 seasonal allergy treatments for the relief you need Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Problem Solved: 10 Solutions For Seasonal Allergies Slider Slide HED: Putting The Brakes On A Binge Slider Slide DEK: 10 science-backed ways to take control […]ABeal
- HP Slider 5.19.13Slider Slide HED: Stressed? Slider Slide DEK: Why you should book a hot stone massage ASAP Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Hot Stone Massage Slider Slide HED: Natural Menopause Solutions Slider Slide DEK: 14 gentle ways to ease symptoms Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link […]ABeal
- HP Slider 5.18.13Slider Slide HED: Target Your Trouble Spots Slider Slide DEK: The very best moves for your most stubborn areas Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Love Your Whole Body! Slider Slide HED: Sure, Beans Are Good For You Slider Slide DEK: But does it matter if they're fresh or canned? Here's what to know […]ABeal
- Bye-Bye Gray Hair—for Good?Just when going gray started getting chic (hello, Helen Mirren, Jamie Lee Curtis, and George Clooney!), the root cause of gray hair and a treatment for stopping it in its tracks was found by a group of researchers from Germany’s E.M. Arndt University of Greifswald and the UK’s University of Bradford. It all boils down to an enzyme called catalase that breaks […]crossi
- Grapefruit Lovers, Rejoice!Your love affair with grapefruit is within good reason—it has the power to lower “bad” LDL cholesterol, is high in vitamin C, and can even help lighten up dark elbows and knees (seriously!). But if you avoided the ruby reds for fear they might interfere with your medications, the results of a new study meta-analysis published in Expert Opinion on Drug Metabo […]nelias
- How Many Sweets Can I Eat?Reader question: What percentage of my daily caloric intake can come from sweets/whatever I want? Ashley’s answer: Here's the only problem with lots of sweets: When the body can’t produce enough insulin to take the sugar into the cells, you put yourself at risk for elevated blood sugar levels (which can lead to diabetes), plus chronic inflammation, incr […]aoaklan1
- Don't Trash It!Despite efforts to keep oceans clean, they're trashier, finds a recent report from the Ocean Conservancy. How trashy? More than 10 million pounds, says Nicholas Mallos, conservation biologist and marine debris specialist. "We found a tremendous amount of trash this year, as we do every year." But this year was one for the record books: the thi […]scastillo
- Can Probiotics Help You Lose Weight?Probiotics are so hot right now. Every week bring news of another benefit tied to these tiny bacteria, which naturally congregate by the millions in your gut and intestines. Recent research has shown probiotics can aid digestion and ward off illness. Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]katelynhw
- HP Slider 5.17.13Slider Slide HED: Warm Weather Means One Thing Slider Slide DEK: Ice cream! Here's how to indulge without regret. Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Waistline-Friendly Ice Cream Treats Slider Slide HED: Hold The Unsolicited Advice Slider Slide DEK: Keep-the-peace rules for parenting adult kids Slider Sl […]ABeal