We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
- 54,886 hits
- Sally K Witt, Internet Success 4 You! is out! ln.is/paper.li/sally… Stories via @itsmeRahmat @RidhoHnf 9 hours ago
- LinkedIN profile Ruud Reijmerink - Open Networker pinterest.com/pin/1280718016… 10 hours ago
- G+: Awesome travel info! @Thanks + goo.gl/qpGnLy goo.gl/4sGklD 11 hours ago
- G+: Scary scams to avoid when on a trip! @Thanks + goo.gl/qpGnLy goo.gl/RxF3LH 11 hours ago
- G+: Great Linked In tips from + goo.gl/PZsrDh goo.gl/0sHk6B 11 hours ago
- How much TV do you watch a day?Poll Active Date: Sun, 07/27/2014 - 04:00 None. Don't even have cable! More than 2 hours; it's how I unwind. Less than 2 hours, and not every night. See ResultsABeal
- 30-Second Foot Pain FixThumbnail: Stretching can keep your feet healthy and ready to move. For flexible, pain-free arches and toes, do this stretch for foot pain relief from Susi Hatley, founder of Functional Synergy Yoga Therapy, every other day. Hold each stretch for 30 seconds to 2 minutes. A. Kneel on a folded towel; tuck feet under so you're on your toes. Sit back, hi […]ABeal
- HP Slider 7.28.14Slider Slide HED: Fast Foot Pain Fix Slider Slide DEK: Try this 30-second stretch for seriously happy feet Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 30-Second Foot Pain Fix Slider Slide HED: Sure You Should Take That? Slider Slide DEK: 4 supplements that don't mix well with meds Slider Slide Image: Slider Sli […]ABeal
- HP Slider 7.27.14Slider Slide HED: Your Frizz, Eased Slider Slide DEK: 5 anti-frizz hair products that really work Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 5 Anti-Frizz Hair Products That Actually Work Slider Slide HED: 6 Tasty Tomato Recipes Slider Slide DEK: Make the most of the season's star fruit with these recipes Slider […]ABeal
- Never Ever Be Bored On The Treadmill AgainWhen temperatures start skyrocketing above 90, getting in your miles outside can feel pretty (chafing, panting) uncomfortable. But many runners turn to the going-nowhere treadmill with certain dread. “My whole life is about getting people to stop hating the treadmill and to make friends with it,” says David Siik, a Los Angeles-based Equinox trainer, Ford mod […]ABeal
- HP Slider 7.26.14Slider Slide HED: 5 Recipes With Kombucha Slider Slide DEK: This probiotic-packed brew makes all kinds of dishes efferversce Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 5 Delicious Kombucha Recipes Slider Slide HED: Craving Chips? Slider Slide DEK: 5 healthier—but just as tasty—snack alternatives Slider Slide Image: […]ABeal
- Is Stress Why You Can't Lose The Last 10 Pounds?During the study, researchers measured participants' resting metabolic rate. Image courtesy of The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. Stress eating tends to be associated with reaching for high-fat comfort foods that everybody knows are unhealthy. But it’s not just the calories consumed during stress eating that negatively impact one’s weight— […]mmessing
- Lauren Cardarelli for Fitbie.comContributor Display as Expert: 0ABeal
- How To Lose 30 Pounds FastThumbnail: Almost everyone who's lost weight has eventually put the weight back on. Why this cruel reality? It's simple, really: During the first months of any diet, your body loses both fat and muscle. Then, when you gain back the weight, you add back only fat because it's much easier to gain fat than it is to gain muscle. Facebook Comments: […]mmessing
- You Eat 92% Of Everything You Put On Your PlateHere’s some food for thought: The average adult eats 91.7% of the food that we put on our plates, finds a study out of the Columbia University’s Food and Brand Lab in New York City. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]szdanow