We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
- 54,827 hits
- G+: Burned my right index finger pretty bad - so it is hard to type. @Going to call it a night early! goo.gl/ipPoaX 3 hours ago
- Burned my right index finger pretty bad - so it is hard to type. Going to call it a night early! fplus.me/p/8lLy/53c98b0e 4 hours ago
- GUEST COMMENTARY: Recovery is Not a Crime ln.is/urbn.cc/ZCB96 via @UrbanCincy 4 hours ago
- Sally K Witt, Internet Success 4 You! is out! ln.is/paper.li/sally… Stories via @Cammie_Whybrew 5 hours ago
- Divine Visit awe.sm/p75Ek fb.me/3aZ0O5MOo 6 hours ago
- bottom promo-pvnmag fat center 8-20143 New Fat Facts That Could Have Saved Us All A Lot Of Trouble read moreemFrey
- bottom promo-pvnmag happy center 8-2014How To Be Happy On Purpose read moreemFrey
- HP Slider 7.23.14Slider Slide HED: 6 Tasty Tomato Recipes Slider Slide DEK: Make the most of the season's star fruit with these recipes Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 6 Recipes With Fresh, Local Tomatoes Slider Slide HED: Head-To-Toe Toned Slider Slide DEK: 9 toning moves to give you the strong body you want Slider […]ABeal
- The Everyday Eating Mistake That Doubles Your Risk Of Heart DiseaseAttention diabetics: sugar isn't the only white substance to watch out for. Adults with type 2 diabetes who eat a high sodium diet are twice as likely to develop heart disease than to those who eat less salt, finds a new study published in the Endocrine Society’s Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read […]emFrey
- Here's Everything You Need To Know About Being Happy (You're Welcome)Thumbnail: Facebook Comments: 0 Bottom Promo: bottom promo-pvnmag happy center 8-2014emFrey
- The Amount Of Exercise It Takes To Help Protect Yourself From Alzheimer's There's no rosy way to say this: By 2050, the number of Alzheimer's cases is expected to triple to more than 100 million. But according to new research published in The Lancet, you can lower your risk simply by exercising more often. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]vwolk
- HP Slider 7.22.14Slider Slide HED: Homemade Jam In 4 Steps Slider Slide DEK: Fresh, fast, and with one-quarter the amount of sugar in traditional jam Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Fresh Jam In 4 Steps Slider Slide HED: Stronger, Sexier Arms Slider Slide DEK: 5 moves to get arms you'll want to show off Slider Slide […]ABeal
- Mackenzie Lobby for MensHealth.comContributor Display as Expert: 0ABeal
- 3 Tricks To Keep Running No Matter How Much You Want To StopWhile fatigue manifests itself in aching muscles, shorter strides, and decreasing speed, your mind is actually the culprit behind your tiring body. Science has found that your brain is hardwired to slow you down and keep some energy in reserve so you don't run out of fuel. There are simple training tactics you can use to deceive your brain and utilize s […]ABeal
- HP Slider 7.21.14Slider Slide HED: Crab Cake Burgers Slider Slide DEK: And 4 more better-than-beef burger options Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 5 Better-Than-Beef Burger Recipes Slider Slide HED: Do You Drink Too Much? Slider Slide DEK: When your nightly cocktail becomes more of a requirement than an option Slider Slide […]ABeal