We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
- 53,605 hits
- Festival of Lights, Belgique Travel Photography - Community - Google+ posted by joel cecchi pinterest.com/pin/1280718016… 49 minutes ago
- m.otivate.me - Google+ pinterest.com/pin/1280718016… 57 minutes ago
- Pretty cool idea. I can see lots of marketing potential around a product like this. foodrepublic.com/2014/04/17/che… 57 minutes ago
- The April Issue of the Multifamily Connection is Out! | Press Center | Inspire WiFi inspirewifi.com/news/the-april… 1 hour ago
- 10 foods that make you smell (10 foods that make you smell) fxn.ws/AFx6xc 1 hour ago
- Clone of HP Slider 4.18.14Slider Slide HED: Why You Just Can't Lose Weight Slider Slide DEK: Prevention's RD weighs in on what it'll take to make real change Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): What's The Trick To Sticking With A Diet? Slider Slide HED: Scrumptious Strawberries Slider Slide DEK: Welcome spring with […]ABeal
- How To Make A Green Smoothie That Isn't All KaleKitchen skills are not an issue for professional chef and TV personality Candice Kumai, but when she moved to New York, Kumai found she still needed a simpler way to meet her daily nutrition needs. “Learning to watch my diet in a healthy way that was quick and easy was what I was looking for,” she says, and she found it in green drinks—juices and smoothies p […]ABeal
- What Your Sleeping Position Says About Your RelationshipWhat happens between the sheets may be a huge predictor of how satisfied you are with your relationship—and not in the way you might think. A recent survey from the University of Hertfordshire in the United Kingdom found a link between sleep position and happiness in a relationship. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]arush
- Katherine Harmon CourageContributor Display as Expert: 0ABeal
- How Doctors Successfully Implanted Lab-Grown Vaginas Into 4 WomenFor women with Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome, life can be difficult. Born with an absent or underdeveloped vagina, women suffering MRKH often have difficulty experiencing a normal sex life, can fail to menstruate and sometimes cannot reproduce naturally. But now, researchers from Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center have found a way to normalize life […]mmessing
- Why You Eat More Soft-Baked Cookies Than Crunchy OnesThe claim: Crispy, soft or rough, the texture of a food may determine your perception of its calories and change the amount of it you eat, according to a new study from the Journal of Consumer Research. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]emFrey
- HP Slider 4.18.14Slider Slide HED: 4 Things Happy People Know Slider Slide DEK: What the world's most blissful people have in common Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 4 Things The World's Happiest People Have In Common Slider Slide HED: 23 Ways To Eat Clean Slider Slide DEK: Simple swaps you can make today Slider […]ABeal
- channel slider - weight loss - 04.17.14Slider Active Date: Thu, 04/17/2014 - 17:40 Slider Slide HED: Ready? Slider Slide DEK: It's time to start your 28-day transformation! Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Welcome To The 2014 28-Day Transformation Challenge! Slider Slide HED: Strawberries 101 Slider Slide DEK: 17 scrumptious recipes for t […]mroberson
- channel slider - fitness 04.17.14Slider Active Date: Thu, 04/17/2014 - 17:30 Slider Slide HED: Ready? Slider Slide DEK: Welcome to the 28-day transformation challenge! Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Welcome To The 2014 28-Day Transformation Challenge! Slider Slide HED: Get Inspired Slider Slide DEK: Words of wisdom to stay motivated al […]mroberson
- Lower Your Heart Failure Risk 73%3 Natural Ways To Lower Your Blood Pressure The claim: If you’re a glass-half-empty kind of gal, you might want to change your tune in the name of good health: A new study published in Circulation: Heart Failure finds optimistic people have a lower heart failure risk than pessimists. The research: Researchers followed nearly 7,000 older adults for 4 years. T […]nelias