We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
- 53,695 hits
- I gave @bmw_free +K about Social Media on @klout klout.com/bmw_free?n=tw&… 2 hours ago
- I gave @bmw_free +K about BMW on @klout klout.com/bmw_free?n=tw&… 2 hours ago
- Earthbound Farm's photo contest on Instagram | Statigram statigr.am/contests/every… pinterest.com/pin/1280718016… 2 hours ago
- #EveryCartCounts + @earthboundfarmhttp://statigr.am/contests/everycartcounts/693348560769875383_6233550?langue=en#/detail 2 hours ago
- @realzil Thumbs up for sharing that tweet. It's now live on my @RebelMouse! http://t.co/XKcpLGKOQt rbl.ms/1iDlCIO 2 hours ago
- HP Slider 4.23.14Slider Slide HED: 20 Super Salads Slider Slide DEK: Low-calorie recipes that won't leave you hungry (or grumpy) Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 20 Low-Calorie Salads That Won't Leave You Hungry Slider Slide HED: Are You Ready? Slider Slide DEK: Welcome to the 28-Day Transformation Challenge—have […]ABeal
- 20 Low-Calorie Salads That Won't Leave You HungrySlideshow Caption: Satisfy your taste buds with these easy recipes Date Published: Tue, 04/22/2014 Last Edited / Created By / Date Edited Last Edited By: mmessing Created By: mmessing Ad Tags Next SlideShow-Max: 100 Cleanest Packaged Food Awards 2014: Snacks Move 1st Ad Unit Above Slide Title: 1st Ad unit in normal position Enable 2nd Ad unit: Disable […]mmessing
- How Contaminated Is Your Chicken?Raw poultry has always been a haven for bacteria, but new government findings suggest that the problem could be getting even worse. Infections from campylobacter, a bacteria commonly found on uncooked chicken, spiked 13% since 2008, according to a new CDC report. "In terms of why the numbers are rising, nobody has any good insight," says Jennifer Q […]emFrey
- Why You're Twice As Likely To Care About Your Health On Tuesday Than On SaturdayThe claim: You're almost twice as likely to search for web content related to your health on Mondays and Tuesdays, as opposed to Saturdays, shows research appearing in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]mmessing
- Would You Eat Vegetable Ice Cream?The savory-sweet foods trend is officially here: Häagen-Dazs Japan has announced they'll be releasing two new vegetable-flavored ice creams—Tomato-Cherry and Carrot-Orange—on May 12. NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]scastillo
- HP Slider 4.22.14Slider Slide HED: 10 Solutions For Adult Acne Slider Slide DEK: Highly-effective fixes for your frustrating breakouts Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 10 Highly-Effective Solutions For Adult Acne Slider Slide HED: So Many Temptations... Slider Slide DEK: 6 ways to pump up your willpower, no matter what you […]ABeal
- channel slider - weight loss - 04.21.14Slider Active Date: Mon, 04/21/2014 - 17:40 Slider Slide HED: Resolved... Slider Slide DEK: 6 simple ways to pump up your willpower Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 6 Simple Ways To Pump Up Your Willpower Slider Slide HED: Counting Calories Slider Slide DEK: How many can you eat and still lose weight? Sli […]mroberson
- Helping OthersMuse Text: Helping others grow and reach their goals brings joy and a sense of accomplishment. Muse Author: Janet Ungless Muse Background: teal wave Muse Font: Amatic SC Publish Date Time: Fri, 05/30/2014 - 04:00 Sponsor […]bsuddell
- Silly Side of LifeMuse Text: Keep an eye out for the unexpectedly silly side of daily life to combat negative thoughts. Muse Author: Thomas Crook, PhD Muse Background: orange citrus Muse Font: Bitter Publish Date Time: Thu, 05/29/2014 - 04:00 Sponsor […]bsuddell
- Imagine Muse Text: Imagining an activity fires up the same parts of your brain that are used when you actually experience it. Muse Author: Dana Lightman, PhD Muse Background: yellow flowers Muse Font: Amatic SC Publish Date Time: Wed, 05/28/2014 - 04:00 Sponsor […]bsuddell