We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
- 56,347 hits
- Amazing Artist with unusual medium --- ln.is/wp.me/tSpIO 1 hour ago
- Amazing Artist with unusual medium --- fb.me/3EWx4IAR1 1 hour ago
- Sally K Witt, Internet Success 4 You! is out! ln.is/paper.li/sally… Stories via @OooThatsPretty @DailyHoroscope8 @feezuxy 2 hours ago
- @USAFA_93 Your tweet makes my page better: rbl.ms/1t9OLG1 3 hours ago
- RT @USAFA_93: The American Financial System Could Learn From the Boston Fed - Dumb Out | Dumb Out: dumb-out.net/american-finan… @davidnelsonCFA 3 hours ago
- The Bizarre Thing That Happens Every Time You Drink A SodaIf you drink a lot of soda, you may want to brace yourself—literally. Swallowing soft drinks may increase your risk for hip fractures or other bone issues, suggests new research in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. The study team examined data on more than 70,000 post-menopausal women. Among those who slurped 12-ounces of soda (or more) daily, the […]mmessing
- The Calorie-Counting Trick That Actually WorksThe next time the line at Starbucks is threatening to burn through your resolve to eat clean—that 420-calorie chocolate-chunk cookie would go so well with a latte, wouldn't it?—take a few seconds to do some mental math and your craving may quickly evaporate. Factoring the "exercise equivalent" of an item—how long it would take to to burn it of […]vwolk
- Meditation: The Best Thing To Happen To Sleep Since PillowsIf you're averaging less than 7 hours a night (which most Americans are), you're not getting sufficient shut-eye (see how lack of sleep can wreak havoc on your health). But smartphone bans and warm baths only go so far. Here's a bigger-commitment strategy that's worth it: meditation. read moreemitchell
- The Scary Truth About What You Did Last Night In BedDid you get less than 7 hours of sleep? Thought so (40% of Americans do). Averaging that much can kill you—literally. Sleep is just as vital to good health as diet and exercise, and not getting enough can lead to diabetes, obesity, and heart trouble. Now scientists are adding one more wake-up call to that list: Lack of sleep damages the brain. As in, gives y […]emitchell
- The Natural Fix For Your Seasonal DepressionFeeling blue or just down on yourself? Downing more produce could help. A new study in BMJ Open finds that adequate fruit and veggie intake was associated with big mental perks, helping to lift levels of optimism, happiness, self-esteem, and resilience. Great news, considering about a half million Americans suffer from seasonal affective disorder (SAD) and u […]emFrey
- 10 Perfect Snacks To Pair With CoffeeIt's 10 am and you need a post-breakfast, pre-lunch pick-me-up. A satisfying snack that can both complement your second (OK, third) cup of coffee without sabotaging your lunch. But what?—you've sworn off junk like doughnuts, but raw kale chips aren't going to cut it either. Try these 10 healthy options with flavors that go well with a cup of j […]emitchell
- 11 Natural Solutions For Bad BreathEveryone worries about bad breath from time to time especially after a spicy meal or a cup of coffee. In fact, about 9 percent of people reported having bad breath within the past 6 months, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). For some people, bad breath is persistent and experts agree it’s likely a symptom of a more serious hea […]szdanow
- 7 Fantastic Recipes For Fall VeggiesYou just went to the farmers' market and your reusable tote bags are filled with colorful Brussels sprouts, apples, pears, squash, and beets. And while more healthy goodness is always great thing—"eating in-season means your fruits and vegetables are at their peak of nutrient density," says Miranda Hammer, RD, of The Crunchy Radish—so is knowi […]ABeal
- 3 Unbelievable Benefits of Tart Cherry JuiceLet us let you in on the juicy new secret of natural cures: tart cherry juice, the antioxidant-rich liquid that’s increasingly being hailed as an answer to pain, swelling, and sleeplessness. (We hear the rest of the juice aisle is feeling a little sour with jealousy.) Grab a bottle at your grocery store and read up on the powerful health benefits research ha […]cpraderio
- BroccoLeaf: The New Kale You Have To TryGet your blenders, salad bowls, and skillets ready—there's a new leafy green in town, and it's seriously tasty. BroccoLeaf, the latest offering from Foxy Brands, is exactly what it sounds like—the nutrient-dense leaves of the broccoli plant that farmers have traditionally tossed aside while cultivating broccoli crowns. read moreszdanow