We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
- 56,509 hits
- @lastbabyboomer thanks so much for sharing. Just added it to my site rbl.ms/UfNihs 54 minutes ago
- RT @lastbabyboomer: #didyouknow @JambaJuice offering free smoothies to kids on #Halloween fastcasual.com/news/jamba-jui… http://t.co/ep0wEYgNz1 55 minutes ago
- @RoviaOfficial thanks so much for sharing. Just added it to my site rbl.ms/1tnYh5R 58 minutes ago
- @CEspo916 just featured you on my @RebelMouse rbl.ms/1mCdSIh 58 minutes ago
- RT @RoviaOfficial: "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St Augustine #quote http://t.co/E08BSNIk6t 59 minutes ago
- 6 Natural Depression Remedies Worth TryingIf you're depressed, as some 19 millions Americans are, joining the Prozac nation may not necessarily be the answer. For one thing, antidepressants work for only half the people who try them, says David Mischoulon, MD, PhD, an associate professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. Then there are the side effects—fatigue, weight gain, sexual dysfun […]szdanow
- People Are Whitening Their Teeth With... Charcoal?If you haven't already spent a full 7 minutes of your life watching an oddly fascinating YouTube video of someone brushing their teeth with pitch-black paste, we'll fill you in. They're using activated charcoal (a reheated, oxidized version of the stuff you buy for summer cookouts) as a natural tooth whitener. The strangest part? It actually w […]mmessing
- 6 Smoothies For Fatigue, Bloating, And Other Everyday Ailments Feeling bloated, achy, stressed, or just plain tired? We’ve got the perfect, sippable solutions. Each of these six smoothies contains ingredients that can help quell the most annoying everyday ailments. Oh, and they taste awesome, too.Recipes adapted from Clean Green Drinks by Candice Kumai (Galvanized Books, 2014)read moreemitchell
- 5 Proven Ways To Deal With Seasonal Affective DisorderAs many as one in six people suffer from seasonal affective disorder, or SAD—a form of depression that seems to ride in on autumn’s coattails. Health experts have long suspected sun exposure (or lack thereof) has something to do with the phenomenon. And new research from the University of Copenhagen seems to back up those beliefs. read moreszdanow
- 7 Things You Can Do In The Morning To Promote Weight Loss All Day LongThe best part of mornings is that they’re so full of potential! No matter whether you laced up your sneaks yesterday or overindulged on a co-worker’s birthday cake, it’s a fresh chance to get closer to your health goals. To keep that get-fit momentum going all day long, start your day off right with these morning habits that will motivate you even more. 1. G […]emitchell
- 9 Surprising Treatments for Low LibidoWelcome to 2014, a time when we've got health and wellness advancements like headbands that help you meditate and fitness trackers so smart they know when you're slacking off. read moremmessing
- 8 Reasons Your Nails Keep BreakingThere's a lot more to your nails than meets the eye. In fact, what you see on the surface has been in the works for a while, growing out from the nail matrix (the living tissue below your cuticle responsible for the healthy growth of your nails) that's deep in your fingers. It's a complicated system, and when your nails start looking not-so-ho […]emFrey
- 8 Ways To Prevent A ColdWhen it comes to colds, you know the drill. Once you have one, the best you can do is chain yourself to a box of tissues and brave the storm. In other words, prevention really is the best medicine. Here, 8 surprisingly effective ways to cut colds off before they start. read moreemitchell
- The New Way To Outsmart Your Sweet Tooth—Just In Time For HalloweenYou've heard about the research linking breakfast to weight loss, but you're not convinced. A new study in Nutrition Journal may finally persuade you that squeezing in breakfast is absolutely worth the effort—especially if you have a sweet tooth. read moremmessing
- 9 Surprising Things That Are Killing Your Sex DriveCuddled under the covers… alone. Sound like your ultimate fantasy? While everyone occasionally has a night or two where they're just not in the mood, frequently not feeling it is a red flag. Not only can a lack of a sex life lead to tension between you and your partner, but it can make you feel exhausted and run down, says Shahnoz Rustamova, MD, a gynec […]szdanow