We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
- 55,953 hits
- #ft @Oress1984, @_atanas_, @CDHill9, @PennDragonArt, @CBPratt, @lawndude420, @Timothy_Hughes #followtuesday by twitnerd.com 15 hours ago
- #ft @Cordle2012, @saivinod, @JackiesBuzz, @OptioneerJM, @PaulXbrow2, @msmir, @fpvallet #followtuesday by twitnerd.com 15 hours ago
- #ft @yegispnk, @Randy_Gage, @nathanwpace, @WrapnLoseParty, @TClake, @Xavgenper, @McNabbShawn #followtuesday by twitnerd.com 15 hours ago
- #ft @wideglide96, @disco2man, @tzarulnicolai, @mindykoch, @ouRightsORG, @TolkienLibrary #followtuesday by twitnerd.com 15 hours ago
- #ft @Logik007, @Late_Bloomers, @ChadwickHalse, @SydesJokes, @AmarisAdara, @rangerj #followtuesday by twitnerd.com 15 hours ago
- This Low-Cal Ingredient Makes Burgers Taste Unbelievably Good Here's a concept: burgers, tacos, and meatloaf with more taste and half the guilt. It can happen, thanks to a new secret ingredient: mushrooms. A new study in the Journal of Food Science finds that substituting a whopping 50% to 80% of the ground beef in one meal with sautéed, ground button mushrooms boosted flavor intensity beyond that of an all-beef m […]mmessing
- The Rx Meds That Do More Harm Than GoodA class of powerful prescription painkillers called opioids—which includes name-brand drugs like Vicodin and OxyContin—comes with more risks than benefits, argues a new position paper in the journal Neurology. In fact, the author of the paper refers to the rise in opioid use as “a national epidemic and public health emergency.” read moreABeal
- 9 Surprising Signs Of DepressionMost of us would recognize classic depression, with its heavy veil of sadness and hopelessness. But what if you just started getting stomachaches or were suddenly very snappy? Could you be depressed without knowing it? read moremmessing
- 3 Surprising Oatmeal Recipes You Can Eat For Every MealOatmeal is about to have a moment, and Sam Stephens is so on it. Stephens is the founder of Oatmeals, a quaint oatmeal bar in the West Village with a "choose your toppings" concept that resembles a fro-yo joint, except that she's traded the yogurt for wholesome oats and the brownie bites for almond butter. She was also chosen as Quaker's […]ABeal
- The Weird Link Between Your Changing Skirt Size And Breast Cancer RiskIf your scale's been creeping in the wrong direction for a while now, fitting into last year's fall clothes may not be your only concern. A new study published in BMJ shows that going up a skirt size every 10 years between your mid 20s and mid 60s is linked to a 33% hike in postmenopausal breast cancer risk. read moreemFrey
- 6 Quick Ideas For RhubarbWhen these red and green stalks appear at the farmer's market, it's a sure sign that spring has arrived. Although technically a vegetable and rarely eaten raw, rhubarb has great fruity flavor when paired with a sweetener to tone down its tartness. Bright-red varieties are prized for color, but they're not necessarily sweeter than green types. […]ABeal
- Here's How To Freeze Fruits And Veggies So They Don't Get MushyHolding on to the final bit of sun-kissed produce means—funnily enough—freezing it. Wash, cut, and prep your favorite produce as directed below, then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and freeze until firm. Transfer to a freezer bag and label. Corn: Shave the kernels from the cob before freezing. (Try these 5 delicious ideas for corn.) read more […]ABeal
- The Scientific Reason You Are—Or Are Not—Sexually Attracted To SomeoneIf a naked female stands in front of a man, where do his eyes gaze first and why? What judgment can you make about a man based on his hands? Why can a seemingly beautiful person be such a physical turn off? Why do women flip their hair when sexually attracted? What facial clue on a man is correlated with him being less faithful? The answers to these question […]emFrey
- How Many Memory Slips Are Too Many?Everybody misplaces cell phones or forgets a name from time to time. But if you're older than 60 and feel like your memory is slipping, don't just ignore it—you may be at greater risk for brain diseases like dementia, according to new research from the University of Kentucky. read moreszdanow
- Is Salt Really The Enemy It's Always Been Accused Of Being?For anyone dealing with high blood pressure, the standard advice for decades has been to avoid salt as vigilantly as you avoid fingerprints on the subway. But now a new study says that salt may not be so bad for your heart's health after all. Can that really be true? read moreABeal