We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
- 52,930 hits
- @MichaelBeddows @carlisia Happy to follow you, Michael! 19 minutes ago
- @sallykwitt @maryauda @googleglass Thanks so much for the retweet, Mary. You are always the BEST! 20 minutes ago
- @NoOtherRussell Nice to meet you, Russell! 21 minutes ago
- @NoOtherRussell Mild still in the Philadelphia area, we are supposed to get more snow this week. Eeeek! 22 minutes ago
- RT @Break_Cycles: @maryauda @SavageReba @sallykwitt @PhebeOhYes @AmalAlnadr Your V welcome - love your tweets! 25 minutes ago
- channel slider - fitness 03.12.14Slider Active Date: Tue, 03/11/2014 - 18:45 Slider Slide HED: Yoga Poses For Flatter Abs Slider Slide DEK: The best moves to blast belly fat on the mat Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 6 Yoga Poses For Flatter Abs Slider Slide HED: When Workouts Backfire Slider Slide DEK: 10 exercise habits that age you S […]mroberson
- HP Slider 3.12.14Slider Slide HED: Guilt-Free Chocolate Desserts Slider Slide DEK: 15 decadent desserts that won't send your blood sugar soaring Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 15 Diabetes-Friendly Chocolate Desserts Slider Slide HED: Are Low T Drugs Worth It? Slider Slide DEK: An intimate look at the growing use of […]ABeal
- channel slider - weight loss - 03.11.14Slider Active Date: Tue, 03/11/2014 - 18:20 Slider Slide HED: Pure Pleasure Slider Slide DEK: Yep, that's what weight loss can be Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): The Most Pleasurable Way To Lose Weight Slider Slide HED: Rise And Dine Slider Slide DEK: 8 fresh takes on your favorite breakfasts Slider […]mroberson
- Lose The Last 10 PoundsSlideshow Caption: A few simple weight loss tricks is all it takes to make the extra pounds disappear Date Published: Tue, 03/11/2014 Meta Tags Last Edited / Created By / Date Edited Last Edited By: wesmanley Created By: wesmanley Ad Tags Next SlideShow-Max: 17 Snacks That Power Up Weight Loss Move 1st Ad Unit Above Slide Title: Move 1st Ad unit Above […]wesmanley
- From Pain To Finding Your PassionThumbnail: I was sitting with my husband in the kitchen one day, watching him down two bagels, a granola bar, and soda—all before it was time for lunch. I'd seen him eat all those things before, but for some reason, that day it really irked me. I had just recently beaten breast cancer, and it was important to me that he understand what he was putting i […]scastillo
- HP Slider 3.11.14Slider Slide HED: Scale Stuck? Slider Slide DEK: How to get past your weight loss plateau Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): The Scale Won't Move—Now What? Slider Slide HED: See Wrinkles Run Slider Slide DEK: 4 new products that'll send wrinkles packing Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: […]ABeal
- Which States Have The Healthiest Brains?The claim: Maryland may be the ninth smallest state in the country, but its residents boast the healthiest brains, according to 2014 America’s Brain Health Index. Washington state, Colorado, Connecticut, and Alaska followed as the top five brain-healthy states. Meanwhile, Arkansas, Louisiana, North Dakota, Alabama, and Mississippi rounded out the bottom of t […]crossi
- 15 Diabetes-Friendly Chocolate DessertsSlideshow Caption: Sweet treats that won't send your blood sugar soaring Date Published: Mon, 03/10/2014 Meta Tags Last Edited / Created By / Date Edited Last Edited By: mmessing Created By: mmessing Ad Tags Next SlideShow-Max: 20 Sugar-Smart Brunch Ideas Move 1st Ad Unit Above Slide Title: Move 1st Ad unit Above the slide title Enable 2nd Ad unit […]mmessing
- The Fish Toxin That Makes Sex HurtMeet the little-known toxin that takes food poisoning to a whole new level: the ciguatera toxin. You may have seen recent reports about this latest toxin, but do you know what it can really do to your body? NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]nniemiec
- Why Some Older Men Have Short FusesThe claim: Older men—but not older women—who have stressed cells and worn out DNA bounce back more slowly from taxing situations, and also show higher levels of hostility and pessimism, finds a study published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS). NOFOLLOW: 0 Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]nniemiec