We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
- 45,739 hits
- Nancy Northup: An Open Letter to President Obama - There is perhaps no other fundamental right that is under... tmblr.co/ZgpBUxlbWb9E 42 minutes ago
- Owl from Pinterest whrt.it/11ZntpA 44 minutes ago
- Photo: Owl from Pinterest on We Heart It - weheartit.com/entry/62295954… Hearted from:... tmblr.co/ZgpBUxlbVuJK 45 minutes ago
- Giraffe whrt.it/169nIQc 47 minutes ago
- Photo: Giraffe on We Heart It - weheartit.com/entry/62295646… Hearted from:... tmblr.co/ZgpBUxlbUsMt 48 minutes ago
- HP Slider 5.23.13Slider Slide HED: 15 Things You Only Ask Google Slider Slide DEK: Answers to your most embarrassing questions no one has to know about Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): 15 Things You Only Ask Google Slider Slide HED: Love Your Legs! Slider Slide DEK: Top tips for fixing everything from cellulite to spider v […]ABeal
- What's That Weird Stuff Your Coworker Puts In Her Drink?Slideshow Caption: 7 drinkable health supplements—do they really help? Date Published: Wed, 05/22/2013 Meta Tags Last Edited / Created By / Date Edited Last Edited By: katelynhw Created By: katelynhw Ad Tags Enable 2nd Ad unit: Disable 2nd Ad unit Facebook Comments: 0 Slides Image: Slide Body: Every day, it’s like clockwork. While you raid the vendin […]katelynhw
- 2013 media kitFile: PVN_2013-GP-Full.pdfemFrey
- 7 Amazing Things You Can Do with VodkaSlideshow Caption: Clean your whole house, bake better, and soothe aches with this do-it-all drink Date Published: Wed, 05/22/2013 Meta Tags Last Edited / Created By / Date Edited Last Edited By: katelynhw Created By: katelynhw Ad Tags Enable 2nd Ad unit: Disable 2nd Ad unit Facebook Comments: 0 Slides Image: Slide Body: The word "vodka" is […]katelynhw
- Your Sunless Tanning Problems, SolvedWe’d hate for you to relive the past self tanning nightmares: your sheets turned orange, your knees looked dirtier than your son’s uniform after football practice, and the streaks on your arms resembled highlights à la Snookie. But a new study suggests that a bad sunless tan could send you back to the tanning bed. (Don’t do it!) Facebook Comments: 0 read mo […]emFrey
- Are You Young For Your Age?You may think you’re in good shape. But how does your overall health stack up against the health of your peers? A new DNA-based method of gauging wellness in relation to age may soon provide the answer, thanks in part to research appearing in the Journal of Visualized Experiments. Facebook Comments: 0 read more […]emFrey
- Relax Your Way to Trouble-Free PeriodsIf you’ve ever taken a yoga class, you know how good a few minutes of relaxing in Shavasana feels at the end. Now, a new study in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine finds that a longer and deeper form of yogic meditation—a practice called yoga nidra—could help balance hormone levels in women with menstrual difficulties. Facebook Comments: […]emFrey
- Keeping Up with CalciumIf scientific journals were tabloids, calcium would be the nutrition world’s Kim Kardashian. First lauded as a bone-builder with a leading vitamin by its side, followed by headlines in 2012 linking it to increased risk of heart attack—already the number one killer of women. No wonder we are confused about whether to take it with vitamin D or not and whether […]emFrey
- Beat Insomnia With YogaInstead of counting sheep, count your breaths: Regular yoga practice can significantly improve insomnia symptoms, according to research in the journal Menopause. Prevention's fitness expert, Chris Freytag, has selected five gentle poses that will prepare you for slumber by calming your mind and body. No more tossing and turning—just blissful, Zen-like s […]scastillo
- HP Slider 5.22.13Slider Slide HED: Are You Happiness Material? Slider Slide DEK: Don't count yourself out just yet. Here's how to feel more joy, no matter what. Slider Slide Image: Slider Slide Thumbnail: Slider Slide Main Link (Internal): Everything You Know About Happiness Is Wrong Slider Slide HED: Arm Yourself For Summer Slider Slide DEK: The 10-minute r […]ABeal