Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
- 55,437 hits
- Check out Lori Moreno on about.me! about.me/LoriMoreno fb.me/2ZJ2dJQUx 5 hours ago
- Check out Lori Moreno on about.me! fplus.me/p/97sC/53c98b0e http://t.co/WUUa5AyCHq 5 hours ago
- G+: #googleglass : failure or future ? what do you think? goo.gl/HLef9m 5 hours ago
- G+: + goo.gl/CfpwIY@released his music!! @Check it out. … goo.gl/3uYOIm 5 hours ago
- G+: Check out + goo.gl/h7BJlT@on about.me! goo.gl/AhVo6d goo.gl/ewLMhC 5 hours ago
- 9 Best Solutions For Knee PainWalking, kneeling, stair schlepping...Knees take abuse. No wonder 20% of us report having had pain in these joints in the past 3 months. Most arises from injuries and osteoarthritis, which are more common with age. Here's how to get a leg up on the pain. 1. Ice Photo by John Stockfood read moremmessing
- The Natural Ingredient 2 Food Brands Are Now DroppingHey, you know what I like to eat? Food. Au naturel, unfooled around with food. Not the stuff added to my food to make it "better." So I was pleased to hear that WhiteWave Foods, which owns Silk and Horizon Dairy, recently announced it would stop using carrageenan in both product lines due to mounting consumer pressure. read moreemFrey
- 7 New Ridiculously Tasty Avocado RecipesDeclaration: We are having a culinary love affair with avocados. Which makes sense since avocados are easy, healthy, and “make everything better,” confirms Lianna Sugarman, the New York founder of raw beverage company, LuliTonix. She's a big fan of the fruit and a master of blending it with chia seeds, kale, and herbs. "They have amazing anti-infla […]ABeal
- How Junk Food Makes You...Boring? Junk food doesn't just make you fat (though it does a great job of that). It might also make you boring to eat around. That's what a new study published in Frontiers in Psychologysuggests. The research team was interested in how a "cafeteria diet"—one loaded with cheap, high-calorie food—affects the animals' natural preference for no […]emFrey
- 5 Tips For Going On Vacation Without Gaining WeightIf you're on a diet and heading off on vacation, here are some ways to enjoy yourself without gaining weight: Pack for the plane. Most airline meals and snack boxes have more than 1,000 calories! Pack your own snacks or shop the airport for healthier choices. My favorite travel snack is beef jerky and an apple. Jerky is low in calories and fat and the […]mmessing
- 7 Healthy Foods That Can Backfire If You Eat Too Much Of ThemYou know that eating an entire box of cookies in one sitting isn't good for you—but experts say overdoing it with certain more nutritious foods could be just as dangerous. There's no need to ditch these foods from your diet altogether—but you'll want to avoid taking in excessive amounts since that's when they can start to compromise your […]emFrey
- What Your Facebook Posts Say About Your RelationshipOversharing on Facebook is pretty much always annoying. You ate a sandwich? Great—but no one really needs to see it. Those lovey-dovey posts about how handsome your hubby is, or pictures of the two of you smooching? Also rather grating (especially for your single pals)—but there’s more to those posts than you might think. read moreemFrey
- The American City That Sleeps The Least Is...Every city moves to a different rhythm—and now we’ve got the numbers to prove it. It’s all thanks to data analyst Brian Wilt, who tracked the habits of people who use UP, a sleep-and-movement tracking system that includes a wristband and smartphone app. His results compile the activity of more than 5,000 users of the technology in 45 cities worldwide. read m […]cpraderio
- What It's Like To Grow Up Terrified You'll Inherit Your Mother's SchizophreniaIn 1974, when I was 7 and my sister was a toddler, my mother changed: From a housewife whose main concern was the care and feeding of her family, she turned into a woman who believed a secret war was imminent. One day she packed up, drove us to a summer cottage we owned on a remote corner of the Virginia peninsula, and started setting up a MASH unit for the […]vwolk
- 11 Workout Tips For Achy JointsWhen I was in my 20s, I’d go to the gym, hop on a machine and start working out without thinking twice about my joints. Now, at 55, there are days when it seems a whole lot easier to skip my workout altogether than to deal with my achy knees. And, since you’re reading this, I’m guessing you can relate to my frustration. read moreszdanow