Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
- 56,395 hits
- Check out GetitCooked.com! Recipes and more... wp.me/p4x3Nv-2C 4 hours ago
- Check out GetitCooked.com! Recipes and more... fb.me/72CsRweLf 4 hours ago
- Careers - seeking new real estate team members in Dubai ln.is/wp.me/j1Cjg via @georgejlloyd 5 hours ago
- Careers - seeking new real estate team members in Dubai wp.me/P43seP-Bp via @georgejlloyd 5 hours ago
- Checked in automatically with the Uber Check-In app! ubercheckin.com (@ Scott Arborteum At Swarthmore) 4sq.com/1z6kU3I 6 hours ago
- How To Make The Best Baked ApplesJust two tablespoons of real butter makes all the difference here, adding rich flavor to the sweet and tangy apples. Good warm or cold, they make a perfect do-ahead treat. You can even freeze them without losing their fabulous flavor and texture. 1. CORE the apples from the top with a paring knife or melon baller. Leave a bit of core at the bottom so the fi […]ABeal
- 25 Thoughts Every Early-Morning Exerciser HasIn a dark, quiet bedroom an iPhone alarm disturbs the peace. Groggy exerciser fumbles for phone and squints in disbelief at the time. 1. Seriously? I swear I just went to bed. 2. Five more minutes. Okay, 10. I’ll get dressed fast… Hits snooze. Cue snoring. Jump 10 minutes into the future. read moreszdanow
- The Best Reason Ever To Eat More CarbsFiber is a nutritional superstar, reducing your risk of everything from stroke to high cholesterol to heart attack. But is the fiber you get from raspberries as good as the roughage in your quinoa? Turns out, no. read moreszdanow
- How Does Ebola Keep Spreading In The US With All The CDC Protocols In Place? A preliminary investigation by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) into how two Dallas nurses who cared for Thomas Eric Duncan became infected with Ebola has raised questions about personal protective equipment protocols and whether or not they are stringent enough at U.S. hospitals. read moreszdanow
- 8 Seemingly Innocent Habits That Could Take Years Off Your LifeYou know the biggies: Don't smoke, stay out of the sun, and go easy on the processed food. But if you really want to maximize your chances of living forever (or, okay, if not forever than just for a really long time—and healthily), you need to pay attention to some lesser-known culprits, too. Here are 8 habits to start avoiding: read moremmessing
- The Weird Way Your Personality Can Up Your Alzheimer’s RiskWe’ve all had the experience of getting stuck in a negative frame of mind. But if it’s a regular thing for you, well, here’s something that might motivate you to break the habit: A new study shows that women who are constantly anxious and distressed are at a higher risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease later in life. read moreemitchell
- The Secret Health Risk Of Chia SeedsChia seeds have been enjoying their moment in the spotlight for the last few years, thanks to experts and research alike touting their potential health benefits. But these little seeds, often marketed as a superfood, may come with a secret health threat: They can potentially block your esophagus, according to a patient case study from Carolinas HealthCare Sy […]emFrey
- The Bizarre Thing That Ups Your Risk Of Broken BonesWhen it comes to excruciating pain, kidney stones are the gift that keeps on giving. Because after the wrenching experience of passing one, you could be more likely to break a bone, suggests a new study. read moreemitchell
- 5 Popular Pills That Could Be Making You SickWe take medicine to feel better. But get this: Some of the most popular drugs in America actually rob the body of essential nutrients, leaving us with a long list of other mysterious symptoms that often lead to—you guessed it—more ailments and prescriptions. This doesn't have to be the case. Suzy Cohen, RPh, "America's Most Trusted Pharmacist […]szdanow
- The One Time You Should Never Ever Use Hand SanitizerUh-oh, that hand sanitizer dispenser next to the cash register at your favorite lunch spot might be doing way more harm than good. Lather up before you grab the receipt, and you could unknowingly expose yourself to crazy-high amounts of the estrogen-mimicking chemical BPA, according to new research published in the journal PLoS One. read moremmessing