Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
- 56,512 hits
- G+: My good friend is raising money to help with her health needs. Please share for her and donate if you can.… goo.gl/U01lz2 5 hours ago
- G+: Awesome circle share - check out this group of great people to follow! goo.gl/i9QMut 5 hours ago
- Awesome circle share - check out this group of great people to follow! plus.google.com/10381424468674… 5 hours ago
- My good friend is raising money to help with her health needs. Please share for her and... plus.google.com/10381424468674… http://t.co/uTOPRNDqEf 6 hours ago
- My good friend is raising money to help with her health needs. Pls share for her! --Help keep mobility ln.is/gofund.me/GMYw4 via @gofundme 6 hours ago
- 6 Natural Depression Remedies Worth TryingIf you're depressed, as some 19 millions Americans are, joining the Prozac nation may not necessarily be the answer. For one thing, antidepressants work for only half the people who try them, says David Mischoulon, MD, PhD, an associate professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. Then there are the side effects—fatigue, weight gain, sexual dysfun […]szdanow
- People Are Whitening Their Teeth With... Charcoal?If you haven't already spent a full 7 minutes of your life watching an oddly fascinating YouTube video of someone brushing their teeth with pitch-black paste, we'll fill you in. They're using activated charcoal (a reheated, oxidized version of the stuff you buy for summer cookouts) as a natural tooth whitener. The strangest part? It actually w […]mmessing
- 6 Smoothies For Fatigue, Bloating, And Other Everyday Ailments Feeling bloated, achy, stressed, or just plain tired? We’ve got the perfect, sippable solutions. Each of these six smoothies contains ingredients that can help quell the most annoying everyday ailments. Oh, and they taste awesome, too.Recipes adapted from Clean Green Drinks by Candice Kumai (Galvanized Books, 2014)read moreemitchell
- 5 Proven Ways To Deal With Seasonal Affective DisorderAs many as one in six people suffer from seasonal affective disorder, or SAD—a form of depression that seems to ride in on autumn’s coattails. Health experts have long suspected sun exposure (or lack thereof) has something to do with the phenomenon. And new research from the University of Copenhagen seems to back up those beliefs. read moreszdanow
- 7 Things You Can Do In The Morning To Promote Weight Loss All Day LongThe best part of mornings is that they’re so full of potential! No matter whether you laced up your sneaks yesterday or overindulged on a co-worker’s birthday cake, it’s a fresh chance to get closer to your health goals. To keep that get-fit momentum going all day long, start your day off right with these morning habits that will motivate you even more. 1. G […]emitchell
- 9 Surprising Treatments for Low LibidoWelcome to 2014, a time when we've got health and wellness advancements like headbands that help you meditate and fitness trackers so smart they know when you're slacking off. read moremmessing
- 8 Reasons Your Nails Keep BreakingThere's a lot more to your nails than meets the eye. In fact, what you see on the surface has been in the works for a while, growing out from the nail matrix (the living tissue below your cuticle responsible for the healthy growth of your nails) that's deep in your fingers. It's a complicated system, and when your nails start looking not-so-ho […]emFrey
- 8 Ways To Prevent A ColdWhen it comes to colds, you know the drill. Once you have one, the best you can do is chain yourself to a box of tissues and brave the storm. In other words, prevention really is the best medicine. Here, 8 surprisingly effective ways to cut colds off before they start. read moreemitchell
- The New Way To Outsmart Your Sweet Tooth—Just In Time For HalloweenYou've heard about the research linking breakfast to weight loss, but you're not convinced. A new study in Nutrition Journal may finally persuade you that squeezing in breakfast is absolutely worth the effort—especially if you have a sweet tooth. read moremmessing
- 9 Surprising Things That Are Killing Your Sex DriveCuddled under the covers… alone. Sound like your ultimate fantasy? While everyone occasionally has a night or two where they're just not in the mood, frequently not feeling it is a red flag. Not only can a lack of a sex life lead to tension between you and your partner, but it can make you feel exhausted and run down, says Shahnoz Rustamova, MD, a gynec […]szdanow