Rally for the Unemployed December 8 – Success and Drama at the Same time!
Robin wrote a tremendous summary of the event yesterday, along with an invitation to our next two activities, so I am copying it here..
See the videos on the next post!
Our groups work together to bring awareness and progressive change for Bucks County!
BuxMont CFPA – Cathy Leary, Bill Deckert
Moveon.org Bucks County Council – Joan King and Sally Witt
Penn Action – Robin Stelly
National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare – Pedro A. Rodriguez
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 58,410 hits
- Freedom begins with owning your flaws and disowning your fears. - Umair Hague #quote 3 hours ago
- #secontentnetwork Special Post: Invitation For Guest Author Christian Writers And Personal ... ln.is/ning.com/2JtkW #blog #syndication 4 hours ago
- The path to wisdom is paved with humility. - Tim Fargo #quote 6 hours ago
- Today stats: 11 followers, 9 unfollowers and followed one person via uapp.ly 7 hours ago
- A wealth of information creates a poverty of attention. - Herbert A. Simon #quote 9 hours ago
- 3 "Instant" Anti-Agers That Actually WorkJessica ChiaTouted as short-term alternatives to fillers and face-lifts, at-home gadgets can seem too good to be true. Prevention staffers put 3 to the test: NuFace Mini Facial Toning Device ($199, mynuface.com) The claim: Microcurrents stimulate muscles for a tighter, more lifted look. The verdict: "I did one side of my face; it looked tighter for 24 h […]emitchell
- 15 Gentle Pieces Of Advice For When Your Loved One Receives A Terminal DiagnosisElizabeth JenkinsWhen you're the family member or friend of someone who receives a terminal diagnosis, life as you know it can change overnight. We asked people who have been through it themselves—sometimes on multiple occasions—to share their advice for navigating these difficult times. 1. Try to live as normally as possible If you have some time with […]mmessing
- 9 Tips To Get A Perfect Bikini Wax Every TimeJessica ChiaGetting a bikini wax is a lot like doing laundry: A bit of a pain, yet oh-so-gratifying when you're done. But it is possible to make the entire process practically pleasant. Experienced waxing pros Noemi Grupenmager, founder and CEO of Uni K Wax Centers, and Jolie Arsenault and Joann Gibb, co-founders of the Wax Me Too salons in Utah, reveal […]szdanow
- Did Angelina Jolie Make The Right Choice?Sarah KleinThe average woman has about a 12% chance of developing breast cancer at some point in her lifetime. She has about a 1.5% chance of developing ovarian cancer. Due to a mutation in the BRCA1 gene, Angelina Jolie's risk of developing breast cancer was 87% and her risk of ovarian cancer was 50%. Having lost her mother, grandmother, and aunt to ca […]mmessing
- 4 Ways To Troubleshoot Your PlankPlanks are ridiculously effective. The problem, though, is that they're hard as heck to master. Cut pain and fast-track results with these tweaks. MORE: This Wall Workout Will Transform Your BodyJenna Bergen Southerlandszdanow
- How To Cut One Million CaloriesMORE: 8 Wonky Weight Loss Strategies That WorkThe Editors of Preventionmmessing
- 2 Ways To Use Sunflower Seed Oil For Smoother SkinJessica ChiaCoconut oil may be hogging the beauty spotlight at the moment, but a new study in the International Journal of Cosmetic Science suggests that sunflower seed oil may soon get some well-deserved attention for its skin-improving properties. Here's how the super seed helps with: Sensitive skin The just-out research found that when the natural oi […]emitchell
- 6 Simple Ways To Lower Your Stroke Risk (And Why You Need To Worry About It Now)Strokes aren't just an old-person problem: The rate among women in their mid-30s to 50s is on a steep climb. Within all age groups, strokes cause 1 in 19 US deaths. Here are 6 easy simple ways to lower your risk: MORE: Sleeping THIS Many Hours A Night Could Mean Your Stroke Risk Is 46% HigherEmma Haakszdanow
- The 5 Biggest Lies You've Been Told About Your HairTiffany Ayuda for Womenshealthmag.comIf you're like most women, you probably consider your hair your best accessory—so it's no wonder that you'd go to great lengths to keep it in top shape. But are some of your most common beauty rituals, like switching up your shampoo every few months and applying conditioner everywhere, actually doing more h […]mmessing
- 5 Surprising Reasons You're Gaining WeightMarkham HeidTo battle weight gain, we watch what we eat, exercise, and take care to get enough sleep. But it may not be enough, according to new research. Here are some weird things that can trick your body into packing on pounds. You bought the wrong couch Spending too much time in front of the tube isn't the only way your couch can contribute to ballo […]mmessing