Rally for the Unemployed December 8 – Success and Drama at the Same time!
Robin wrote a tremendous summary of the event yesterday, along with an invitation to our next two activities, so I am copying it here..
See the videos on the next post!
Our groups work together to bring awareness and progressive change for Bucks County!
BuxMont CFPA – Cathy Leary, Bill Deckert
Moveon.org Bucks County Council – Joan King and Sally Witt
Penn Action – Robin Stelly
National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare – Pedro A. Rodriguez
- 58,213 hits
- G+: Gorgeous orchid close up from + goo.gl/XDjsB4 goo.gl/QJmq1l 2 hours ago
- Gorgeous orchid close up from Kamal Bennani plus.google.com/10381424468674… http://t.co/zLMDEgOA9z 3 hours ago
- @E_mhotep Great update - see it live here: rbl.ms/1Fi1Lvm 3 hours ago
- @E_mhotep Wonderful photo! 3 hours ago
- RT @E_mhotep: Crocus macro by Kamal Bennani #kbphotography #photography http://t.co/KRnqRN5ZpX 3 hours ago
- 4 Makeup Tricks To Look Polished In Less Than 5 Minutesmakeup tutorialspvnrodale
- 8 Incredibly Compelling Reasons To Eat A Bit More Fiberfiberheart-healthy foodsFoods for Weight Losshealthy habits MORE: This Is Your Body On Chocolate FoodHealth Benefits Of FiberBy 0Caroline Praderiofibermmessing
- Use This Quick Trick To Start Cleaning Up Your Diet TodayEat Cleanhealthy lunch ideasnutritionYou know the benefits of eating clean, but the idea of overhauling your entire diet is daunting. So where do you start? Faced with this overwhelming dilemma, most people do exactly the same thing: Nothing. Some get stalled by the false belief that you can go from a frozen-dinner-eating couch potato to a farmers'-mark […]emitchell
- 7 Healthier Versions Of Classic Peanut Butter RecipesFoods for Weight Lossnutritionquick recipesWho hates peanut butter? In my experience, people either like it, LOVE it, or can't eat it because they're allergic or have some other dietary restriction (poor souls). Count me in the peanut butter lovers camp — as in, I have to practice serious self control to not eat it all day every day, and if there […]szdanow
- The Sneaky Health-Food Ingredient That Could Be Making You FatEat CleanFood Trendsweight loss mistakesnutritionNewsSkim the labels on nearly any packaged food and you're bound to find more than a few ingredients that aren't in your kitchen cabinets. But while you're fretting about high-fructose this and artificial that, scientists have discovered a new threat: emulsifiers—chemicals that make normally unm […]mmessing
- Oh Great, Sun Damage Continues Even When You Go Insidesun protectionskin careNewsWe always thought that heading indoors was a surefire way to bring the day’s sun damage to a grinding halt. But now science says that notion is wrong: Skin damage from UV rays continues for hours even after you’ve gotten out of the sun, according to a new study published in Science. And this sneaky damage could ultimately lead to s […]szdanow
- 7 Things Your Gas Is Trying To Tell Youdigestive healthweird health symptomsWe hate to break it to you, but gas is just a fact of life—sure, it can be uncomfortable and embarrassing, but it happens to the best of us. But if you're dealing with more frequent gas than usual, your body might be trying to send you some hints about how it's functioning. Read on to see if one of these culprit […]szdanow
- 10 Brilliant Uses For Orange PeelsHealthy Homehealthy habitsSure, you could just toss your orange peel—or better yet, compost it—but why not get a bit more use out of it? The folks at First For Women have you covered with these clever uses. 1. Keep Fluffy out of your plants You set your new plant on a shelf but still worry your cat might jump up and try to munch on the leaves, which are mil […]mmessing
- The #1 Reason You're Not Achieving Your Weight Loss Goalweight loss mistakesweight loss tipsWho hasn't set out to achieve a weight-loss goal—whether it's to drop those last five pounds or look great in a specific little black dress—but not followed through? We hate to break it to you, but there was a problem with your previous approach: Your goal, while admirable, wasn't specific or actionable enou […]emitchell
- How Great Is This? Sex After 50 Years Of Marriage Becomes Even More Frequent marriageBetter SexRelationship AdviceYoung couples have all the fun in bed, right? And senior citizens don't even have sex, do they? Surprise! Not only do seniors get busy, but once they've been married 50 years, they're likely to rustle the sheets more often. Those are the findings of research published in The Archives of Sexual Behavior, bas […]emitchell