Rally for the Unemployed December 8 – Success and Drama at the Same time!
Robin wrote a tremendous summary of the event yesterday, along with an invitation to our next two activities, so I am copying it here..
See the videos on the next post!
Our groups work together to bring awareness and progressive change for Bucks County!
BuxMont CFPA – Cathy Leary, Bill Deckert
Moveon.org Bucks County Council – Joan King and Sally Witt
Penn Action – Robin Stelly
National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare – Pedro A. Rodriguez
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 58,671 hits
- For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson #quote 50 minutes ago
- RT @3DPrinting_W: Appreciate your recent Retweets @sallykwitt @ISG3D @Affilipede have a great Sunday :) 59 minutes ago
- It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. - John Wooden #quote 3 hours ago
- You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from. - Cormac McCarthy #quote 6 hours ago
- Happy Birthday @arshad_goraya. Say happy birthday to strangers at ln.is/www.sayhbday.c… 8 hours ago
- 18 Inspirational Health Quotes From Your Favorite CelebritiesAmanda KellyIf you're struggling with a diagnosis, dealing with depression, or just trying to find motivation to exercise, it can help to know that you're not alone. The celebrities below have been though it all, and have some wise words to share about wellness. On Cancer "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. So the only thing to re […]emitchell
- One Woman's Amazing 155-Pound Weight Loss StoryAllison Robins for Zumba StoriesAlena Shifrin spent much of her life overweight, checking in at over 305 pounds as far back as college. She was smiling on the outside, but felt trapped and sad on the inside. Her husband Seth, whom she met and fell in love with in college, always found her beautiful, and never made her feel uncomfortable or pressured her to l […]emitchell
- 9 Gross Beauty Habits That Aren't Doing You Any FavorsKrista Bennett DeMaioYou keep hand sanitizer in your bag, never touch anything in a public restroom, and wouldn’t dream of following the 5-second rule. But when it comes to your beauty routine, there’s a good chance you’re unknowingly exposing yourself to infection-causing bacteria, mold, and more. Find out which of your dirty little beauty secrets are just […]szdanow
- This Is The Most Promising Lead Yet On A Cure For Alzheimer'sHarriet BrownHelene DeCoste senses the news could be bad before she and her husband, Russ, even take their seats in the doctor's office. Instead of the one neurologist they expected to see, there are two, and that can't be good. In a moment the couple will have the answer they've been waiting for, an answer that will determine a lot about Hele […]mmessing
- 7 Reasons Your Vagina Is Itchy Beyond BeliefWhitney C. Harris for WomensHealth.comIt's not exactly easy to scratch an itch down there, which is why it's so frustrating when it happens (and sometimes it's like it comes completely out of nowhere, right?). Vaginal itching can be caused by something as simple as your period products—but in other cases, it can actually be a symptom of a more […]emitchell
- 7 Reasons To Swap Your Breakfast Cereal For EggsThe Editors of Rodale's Organic LifeMany Americans were raised on the theory that eggs were loaded with artery-clogging cholesterol, and that eating them was a surefire way to promote coronary heart disease. That couldn't be further from the truth. When Wake Forest University researchers reviewed some of the top scientific studies, they found no li […]mmessing
- Bored With Greek Yogurt? 6 Others You Should TryMaggie PuniewskaA few years back, the most "adventurous" yogurt you could grab at the supermarket was key lime pie-flavored. Fast-forward to today, and a trip to the dairy aisle feels like an international expedition. Yes, Greek yogurt has seen a huge uptick in popularity, but now the flavor palette also extends up to Scandinavia, across continents […]mmessing
- 4 Moves For A Firmer ButtSelene YeagerDo these exercises in addition to a regular walking routine for toned glutes. You'll work all your glutes—from the big gluteus maximus, which powers you forward, to the smaller medius and minimus muscles, which ensure a smooth stride—from every angle for a firmer, curvier posterior. A set is 8 to 12 repetitions, unless otherwise indicated. […]mmessing
- The More You Sweat, The Longer You'll Live?Emma HaakSteam-room devotees have been onto something all along: More time in the sauna could lower your risk of a premature death. When researchers looked at the habits of 2,315 middle-aged men, they found that those who logged 4 to 7 weekly sessions were 50% less likely to develop fatal cardiovascular diseases and 40% less likely to die young. The longer t […]emitchell
- What's Really In Your Hot Dog?Stephanie Eckelkamp for EatClean.comSay whatever you want about cylindrical meat tubes, but we're guessing you eat hot dogs: The National Hot Dog and Sausage Council estimates the average American consumes around 70 dogs per year. Given our ravenous collective appetite for meat sticks, we think it's time everyone knows what's really in hot dog […]emitchell