Yes He Can? Bank Settlement Rally today at Bank of America in Newtown, PA Bucks County
All over the country Moveon.org had councils running rallies today (January 19, 2012) to show President Obama how seriously we take the Banking/Mortgage Crisis!
We ended up with 43 wonderfully dedicated supporters at the Rally in Bucks County. It was cold, but exciting!
This is the message that was delivered to the Philadelphia office of the Obama campaign office about the Pennsylvania signers to the online Petition-
Dear President Obama,
More than 13600 Pennsylvania residents and 358,477 people nationwide have signed a petition that says: “President
Obama: Hold Wall Street banks accountable by fully investigating the big bank fraud that caused the housing
We’re delivering these signatures today to urge you, President Obama, to stand up for the millions of Americans
hurt by Wall Street greed.
We’re counting on you.
Pennsylvania MoveOn members
We had petitions for people to sign at the event as well, and 23 attendees signed.
The camera got a big wild on this one, but you can see most of the people there, and great messages from Robin Stelly and Bob Mason!
Lynda Mintz talking about Foreclosures and the viewing party January 24 for the State of the Union
Robin Stelly submitted this great overview to the papers after the event!
Press Release For:
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Local Residents Hold Protest at Bank of America; Mark Anniversary of Citizens United Decision and Demand President Obama Stand Up to the Big Banks and Order a Federal Investigation
On Thursday, January 19, over 40 supporters of Penn Action and MoveOn.org rallied at the Bank of America in Newtown, PA to mark the one year anniversary of the Citizens United decision and demand that President Obama hold the big banks accountable for the foreclosure crisis by ordering a federal investigation opposing a sweetheart deal that would give them immunity from investigation.
Dozens of Bucks County residents held signs reminding passers by that “Corporations are Not People,” asking for the end of “Corporate Welfare” and demanding an investigation of the financial sector’s role in the country’s foreclosure crisis. “Corporations are not people. Corporations have used their status as people to use the amendments from the Bill of Rights to pursue their own selfish interests and this has got to stop,” said Bob Mason of Levittown. The event was part of a national day of action called “Yes He Can” taking place across the country at Obama for America (OFA) campaign offices in all 50 states and at local offices of some of the biggest banks. Participants called on President Obama to stand strong with the 99% and make sure the big banks are held accountable.
Our groups work together to bring awareness and progressive change for Bucks County!
Moveon.org Bucks County Council – Joan King and Sally Witt
Penn Action – Robin Stelly
BuxMont CFPA – Cathy Leary, Bill Deckert
National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare – Pedro A. Rodriguez
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 62,104 hits
- Twitter Makes It Easier To Target Ads Around Big Events. by @anthonyha goo.gl/8ll96X via @techcrunch https://t.co/b2lh1L1ZdK 12 minutes ago
- Please support my nephew's biz twitter acct twitter.com/joeconsultant4u #followback! Thank you https://t.co/aXmHvDUEfM 12 minutes ago
- Edwin Donnelly MDPhD is now following me on Twitter! Thank you for the follow - Always #followback #FamilyFriendly… twitter.com/edonnellymdphd 25 minutes ago
- democrats tweetedtimes.com/twitsnationPOL… - top stories by @RepMikeHonda, @SenMarkey 27 minutes ago
- Twitter ALL STARS from #EmpireKred rock!! Twitter on Steroids. @swissbusiness @Milieunet @DK_Coble @TumorWarrior @CarlRamallo 27 minutes ago
- 5 Simple Meals You Can Make In A Cast-Iron SkilletIf you're anything like me, one of the main deterrents from making a nice healthy dinner is the sink full of dishes you're supposed to tackle afterward. After a long day, it's just not gonna happen. But what if we told you that you could simplify your meals and drastically minimize your mountain of plates, pans, and bowls? The new cookbook Cas […]emFrey
- 7 Surprising Ways To Get Your Sweet Fix With ChickpeasThe secret to decadent tasting desserts that are legitimately healthy? Canned chickpeas. We’re serious. These protein-rich legumes have a fairly neutral taste, blend up in a food processor like a dream, and lend the perfect amount of moisture and creaminess to cookies, cakes, and even fudge. Not to mention, they’re jam-packed with protein and fiber, so you a […]emFrey
- 8 Cheap Foods Nutritionists LoveWhether you're grocery shopping for one or trying to feed a large family, the bills can really add up—especially if you're trying to make healthy choices. Wild salmon and organic produce aren't cheap! But don't despair because you're on a budget; there are plenty of good-for-you items that offer a big nutritional bang for your buck. […]emFrey
- I Have Leaky Gut And No One Takes Me SeriouslyThirteen years ago, I hit rock bottom. I had excruciating stomach and intestinal pain, along with uncomfortable gas, bloating, and constipation. A few times I went to the ER for painkiller injections. Food should make you feel good, but everything I ate made me feel bad. I was underweight and malnourished. I couldn't gain weight to save my life. On top […]emFrey
- 4 Diets You Should Never Try—From Women Who Tried ThemIf you've ever battled with stubborn pounds, you've probably turned to a fad diet at one point or another. Perhaps you've tried the low-carb thing, gone gluten-free, or attempted a short-term detox. And if you're like the 4 women below, you totally struck out each time. Here, they share cautionary tales of diets they've tried—from fa […]emFrey
- I Said “Yes” To Everything For A Week, And This Is What HappenedDon't get me wrong. I do believe in the power of "yes." Honest, I do! I'm a dyed-in-the-wool improviser, and the cardinal rule of improv is to always agree and move forward rather than reject ideas, which will get you into a rut. It's called the rule of "Yes, And," and it's very helpful in an improv scene. (Looking to […]emFrey
- 9 Ways Sports Psychologists Motivate Themselves To ExerciseA personal trainer may be able to whip your muscles into shape, and a psychologist can help you work through your body image issues. But if you struggle to stay motivated to exercise, a few sessions with a sports psychologist may offer the most bang for your buck. Sports psychology is a specialized field that focuses on how to improve athletes' well-bei […]emFrey
- This Is What 10,000 Steps A Day Really Looks LikeIn June 2015, Amanda L. of Chambersburg, PA, hit her heaviest weight at 281 pounds. When her doctor diagnosed her with liver disease caused by being overweight, she decided it was time to make some changes. With the help of a Fitbit fitness tracker she started counting steps, and today, at age 35, she's lost nearly 100 pounds. Here's what it took t […]emFrey
- I Tried To Count Every Bite Of Food I Took For A Week, And This Is What HappenedSo far, 2016 has been my year of health: I gave up drinking, cut back on unhealthy carbs, and started going to the gym everyday. I wear my Fitbit religiously (forget 10,000 steps; I regularly hit 20,000 or more), and I record everything I eat via the MyFitnessPal app. I'm feeling better than ever, and I've already lost 20 pounds. But I have 15 more […]emFrey
- 4 Types Of Belly Bulges And How To Fix ThemPaunch. Pooch. Pudge. Whatever you call it, no one wants it. But if you're serious about losing your belly fat, you first have to figure out what's causing it. Sure, sometimes it's as simple as too much ice cream and not enough cardio. But a protruding tummy may also be caused by a number of other reasons, ranging from genetics to a past pregn […]emFrey