Yes He Can? Bank Settlement Rally today at Bank of America in Newtown, PA Bucks County
All over the country Moveon.org had councils running rallies today (January 19, 2012) to show President Obama how seriously we take the Banking/Mortgage Crisis!
We ended up with 43 wonderfully dedicated supporters at the Rally in Bucks County. It was cold, but exciting!
This is the message that was delivered to the Philadelphia office of the Obama campaign office about the Pennsylvania signers to the online Petition-
Dear President Obama,
More than 13600 Pennsylvania residents and 358,477 people nationwide have signed a petition that says: “President
Obama: Hold Wall Street banks accountable by fully investigating the big bank fraud that caused the housing
We’re delivering these signatures today to urge you, President Obama, to stand up for the millions of Americans
hurt by Wall Street greed.
We’re counting on you.
Pennsylvania MoveOn members
We had petitions for people to sign at the event as well, and 23 attendees signed.
The camera got a big wild on this one, but you can see most of the people there, and great messages from Robin Stelly and Bob Mason!
Lynda Mintz talking about Foreclosures and the viewing party January 24 for the State of the Union
Robin Stelly submitted this great overview to the papers after the event!
Press Release For:
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Local Residents Hold Protest at Bank of America; Mark Anniversary of Citizens United Decision and Demand President Obama Stand Up to the Big Banks and Order a Federal Investigation
On Thursday, January 19, over 40 supporters of Penn Action and MoveOn.org rallied at the Bank of America in Newtown, PA to mark the one year anniversary of the Citizens United decision and demand that President Obama hold the big banks accountable for the foreclosure crisis by ordering a federal investigation opposing a sweetheart deal that would give them immunity from investigation.
Dozens of Bucks County residents held signs reminding passers by that “Corporations are Not People,” asking for the end of “Corporate Welfare” and demanding an investigation of the financial sector’s role in the country’s foreclosure crisis. “Corporations are not people. Corporations have used their status as people to use the amendments from the Bill of Rights to pursue their own selfish interests and this has got to stop,” said Bob Mason of Levittown. The event was part of a national day of action called “Yes He Can” taking place across the country at Obama for America (OFA) campaign offices in all 50 states and at local offices of some of the biggest banks. Participants called on President Obama to stand strong with the 99% and make sure the big banks are held accountable.
Our groups work together to bring awareness and progressive change for Bucks County!
Moveon.org Bucks County Council – Joan King and Sally Witt
Penn Action – Robin Stelly
BuxMont CFPA – Cathy Leary, Bill Deckert
National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare – Pedro A. Rodriguez
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 60,162 hits
- Top story: What Happens During Sex In The Human Body? lovelytweetsgroup.org/4663531-154414…, see more tweetedtimes.com/sallykwitt?s=t… 48 minutes ago
- 12StarSocial – so much for free! Manage your social media/twitter accounts! ln.is/www.ibourl.com… 56 minutes ago
- #secontentnetwork Devaluation: What will happen to your savings if the USD is devalued tomo... ln.is/ning.com/VFyEG #blog #syndication 1 hour ago
- RT @MyDago: Appreciate your recent Retweets @DawnHillDesigns @sallykwitt @seanpatrick123 have a great Thursday :) 1 hour ago
- Top story: As Mayor, Bernie Sanders Was More Pragmatist Than Socialist nytimes.com/2015/11/26/us/…, see more tweetedtimes.com/twitsnationPOL… 1 hour ago
- Do You Really Need A Mammogram? 3 Women Who Regret Having ThemWe don't typically think of a mammogram as something to regret. Who could ever regret such a lifesaver? Science is slowly convincing us, however, that more mammograms doesn't necessarily equal more lives saved. More mammograms, in fact, sometimes amount to marred lives. Part of the reason some women are left wishing they never had a mammogram is th […]emFrey
- The New Updated Breast Cancer Screening Guidelines Bring Us Closer To Finally Agreeing About Mammograms. Kind Of.For the first time since 2003, the American Cancer Society has updated its breast cancer screening guidelines, after reviewing the evidence on mammography. So do we now have consensus on when you should start mammograms and how often you should get them? Afraid not, since the ACS's new advice still doesn't align with the guidelines from the United […]emFrey
- 5 Ways To Save $3,064 A YearWe did the math: You'll save $3,064 per year with these 5 wicked-smart changes. 1. Brown-Bag Your Lunch Calories saved: About 200 a day, which could amount to a 20-pound weight loss in a year Average $ recouped: $1,121 in takeout tabs Health bonus: Saves about 10 g of fat and 300 to 415 mg of sodium per meal (Lose up to 15 pounds WITHOUT dieting with Ea […]emitchell
- 10 Stretches For A Pain-Free BackChances are, if you're not suffering from back pain as we speak, then you know someone who is. The following 10 back stretches, from the new book 3 Weeks to a Better Back, will help realign your spine and help correct postural imbalances that can be the underlying source of common back pain. The better your spinal alignment, the better your posture and […]emitchell
- The Essential Nutrient You Need For Strong Bones That You're Probably Not GettingCalcium is the ultimate bone-building nutrient, right? Just down your three glasses of milk a day or pop a supplement, and you're good to go—at least that's the message that's been repeated by countless nutritionists for years. New evidence, however, suggests we should reconsider how much calcium we take and focus instead on an often-overlooke […]emFrey
- 12 Fruits And Veggies That Will Help You Lose The Most WeightWhen it comes to eating cleaner and dropping pounds, loading up on produce is kind of a no-brainer. But some types of fruits and vegetables might be better at helping you lose weight than others, according to a new study published in PLOS Medicine. (Lose up to 15 pounds WITHOUT dieting with Eat Clean to Get Lean, our 21-day clean-eating meal plan.) This is w […]emitchell
- It's Not Food Causing Your Heartburn—Here Are The 5 Real CulpritsOnions, spicy dishes, and fried foods have gotten a bad rap. While there's some evidence these foods can trigger heartburn, experts say how you eat is more important than what you eat when it comes to controlling painful flare-ups. "The old adages about onions and fruit juice and things like that—those foods are not as problematic as we used to thi […]jbroz1
- 3,125 Delicious BLT Combos95798emFrey
- This Is What It's Like To Have A Stroke At 44Jill Stein thought she was too young and healthy to be having a stroke. She was wrong. This is her story. People can't believe it when I tell them I'm recovering from a stroke. After all, I'm only 44, I eat well and exercise, and I don't smoke or have a single stroke risk factor. But April 11, 2015, is the day when I realized a stroke cou […]jbroz1
- 5 Foods That Will Put You In A Rotten MoodYour diet can really wreck your mood—and not just because you still feel guilty for plowing through a pint of praline pecan ice cream the other night. "My clients easily make the connection between being hungry and being in a bad mood—a.k.a. 'hangry'—but they don't often realize that what they eat on a daily basis can also have a direct i […]emitchell