Yes He Can? Bank Settlement Rally today at Bank of America in Newtown, PA Bucks County
All over the country Moveon.org had councils running rallies today (January 19, 2012) to show President Obama how seriously we take the Banking/Mortgage Crisis!
We ended up with 43 wonderfully dedicated supporters at the Rally in Bucks County. It was cold, but exciting!
This is the message that was delivered to the Philadelphia office of the Obama campaign office about the Pennsylvania signers to the online Petition-
Dear President Obama,
More than 13600 Pennsylvania residents and 358,477 people nationwide have signed a petition that says: “President
Obama: Hold Wall Street banks accountable by fully investigating the big bank fraud that caused the housing
We’re delivering these signatures today to urge you, President Obama, to stand up for the millions of Americans
hurt by Wall Street greed.
We’re counting on you.
Pennsylvania MoveOn members
We had petitions for people to sign at the event as well, and 23 attendees signed.
The camera got a big wild on this one, but you can see most of the people there, and great messages from Robin Stelly and Bob Mason!
Lynda Mintz talking about Foreclosures and the viewing party January 24 for the State of the Union
Robin Stelly submitted this great overview to the papers after the event!
Press Release For:
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Local Residents Hold Protest at Bank of America; Mark Anniversary of Citizens United Decision and Demand President Obama Stand Up to the Big Banks and Order a Federal Investigation
On Thursday, January 19, over 40 supporters of Penn Action and MoveOn.org rallied at the Bank of America in Newtown, PA to mark the one year anniversary of the Citizens United decision and demand that President Obama hold the big banks accountable for the foreclosure crisis by ordering a federal investigation opposing a sweetheart deal that would give them immunity from investigation.
Dozens of Bucks County residents held signs reminding passers by that “Corporations are Not People,” asking for the end of “Corporate Welfare” and demanding an investigation of the financial sector’s role in the country’s foreclosure crisis. “Corporations are not people. Corporations have used their status as people to use the amendments from the Bill of Rights to pursue their own selfish interests and this has got to stop,” said Bob Mason of Levittown. The event was part of a national day of action called “Yes He Can” taking place across the country at Obama for America (OFA) campaign offices in all 50 states and at local offices of some of the biggest banks. Participants called on President Obama to stand strong with the 99% and make sure the big banks are held accountable.
Our groups work together to bring awareness and progressive change for Bucks County!
Moveon.org Bucks County Council – Joan King and Sally Witt
Penn Action – Robin Stelly
BuxMont CFPA – Cathy Leary, Bill Deckert
National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare – Pedro A. Rodriguez
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 58,668 hits
- Sally K Witt, Internet Success 4 You! is out! ln.is/paper.li/sally… Stories via @JoesoefSubrata @jjimiens @itsmeRahmat 41 minutes ago
- RT @flyingcim: RT for @olivialanemusic #risingstar macys.iheart.com 2 hours ago
- RT @BenBradMusic: Y'all pls support the very talented @olivialanemusic in the @iheartradio #RisingStar competition each RETWEET of this pos… 2 hours ago
- Check out The Cost of Hunger (@TheCostOfHunger) on Empire Avenue bit.ly/1IX6w2G (from @EmpireAve) 2 hours ago
- RT @yesskyewalker: @olivialanemusic Olivia Lane #RisingStar #Sweepstakes 2 hours ago
- 18 Inspirational Health Quotes From Your Favorite CelebritiesAmanda KellyIf you're struggling with a diagnosis, dealing with depression, or just trying to find motivation to exercise, it can help to know that you're not alone. The celebrities below have been though it all, and have some wise words to share about wellness. On Cancer "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. So the only thing to re […]emitchell
- One Woman's Amazing 155-Pound Weight Loss StoryAllison Robins for Zumba StoriesAlena Shifrin spent much of her life overweight, checking in at over 305 pounds as far back as college. She was smiling on the outside, but felt trapped and sad on the inside. Her husband Seth, whom she met and fell in love with in college, always found her beautiful, and never made her feel uncomfortable or pressured her to l […]emitchell
- 9 Gross Beauty Habits That Aren't Doing You Any FavorsKrista Bennett DeMaioYou keep hand sanitizer in your bag, never touch anything in a public restroom, and wouldn’t dream of following the 5-second rule. But when it comes to your beauty routine, there’s a good chance you’re unknowingly exposing yourself to infection-causing bacteria, mold, and more. Find out which of your dirty little beauty secrets are just […]szdanow
- This Is The Most Promising Lead Yet On A Cure For Alzheimer'sHarriet BrownHelene DeCoste senses the news could be bad before she and her husband, Russ, even take their seats in the doctor's office. Instead of the one neurologist they expected to see, there are two, and that can't be good. In a moment the couple will have the answer they've been waiting for, an answer that will determine a lot about Hele […]mmessing
- 7 Reasons Your Vagina Is Itchy Beyond BeliefWhitney C. Harris for WomensHealth.comIt's not exactly easy to scratch an itch down there, which is why it's so frustrating when it happens (and sometimes it's like it comes completely out of nowhere, right?). Vaginal itching can be caused by something as simple as your period products—but in other cases, it can actually be a symptom of a more […]emitchell
- 7 Reasons To Swap Your Breakfast Cereal For EggsThe Editors of Rodale's Organic LifeMany Americans were raised on the theory that eggs were loaded with artery-clogging cholesterol, and that eating them was a surefire way to promote coronary heart disease. That couldn't be further from the truth. When Wake Forest University researchers reviewed some of the top scientific studies, they found no li […]mmessing
- Bored With Greek Yogurt? 6 Others You Should TryMaggie PuniewskaA few years back, the most "adventurous" yogurt you could grab at the supermarket was key lime pie-flavored. Fast-forward to today, and a trip to the dairy aisle feels like an international expedition. Yes, Greek yogurt has seen a huge uptick in popularity, but now the flavor palette also extends up to Scandinavia, across continents […]mmessing
- 4 Moves For A Firmer ButtSelene YeagerDo these exercises in addition to a regular walking routine for toned glutes. You'll work all your glutes—from the big gluteus maximus, which powers you forward, to the smaller medius and minimus muscles, which ensure a smooth stride—from every angle for a firmer, curvier posterior. A set is 8 to 12 repetitions, unless otherwise indicated. […]mmessing
- The More You Sweat, The Longer You'll Live?Emma HaakSteam-room devotees have been onto something all along: More time in the sauna could lower your risk of a premature death. When researchers looked at the habits of 2,315 middle-aged men, they found that those who logged 4 to 7 weekly sessions were 50% less likely to develop fatal cardiovascular diseases and 40% less likely to die young. The longer t […]emitchell
- What's Really In Your Hot Dog?Stephanie Eckelkamp for EatClean.comSay whatever you want about cylindrical meat tubes, but we're guessing you eat hot dogs: The National Hot Dog and Sausage Council estimates the average American consumes around 70 dogs per year. Given our ravenous collective appetite for meat sticks, we think it's time everyone knows what's really in hot dog […]emitchell