Getting to know people and making friends online with Social Media
I am naturally a friendly person. I have always had a lot of friends.
You have to be a bit cautious online when trusting a new person, but you can certainly meet wonderful people.
The best way to meet people is on sites where you have something in common. Groups are pretty good at rooting out phony people!
I am in a number of great groups on Facebook, Empire Avenue, and ning sites like Brandergy.com. I love meeting people on IBOToolbox.com, too!
I believe when you connect with people on a number of sites, you get to know them better.
Sometimes you really connect with someone and become friends. That is special.
I find groups that are supportive in business, online projects, blogging, mental health, therapeutic, and more. I have a lot of health issues, and it is nice to know people that are dealing with similar things in their lives.
I know a lot of people use online sites for dating and romance. I am really glad that I am out of that category, because I think that it is a little scary.
When someone contacts me on skype or Facebook chat that I don’t know, I kind of test them out a bit. Sometimes they have no knowledge of the place that they say they live – HUGE red flag!!
You can make really good lasting friendships online. I have a small groups of women on a group on Sparkpeople.com. We share so much, and I have been with them for something like 7 years. Those are true friends.
If you are a young girl or boy, make sure your parents know who you are chatting with online!
For adults, be friendly, but keep your safety conscious part of your brain active, too!
Remember, if something smells off it probably is.
Other than that, make friends and have fun!
- 61,957 hits
- Top story: Nasa spacecraft Juno skims Jupiter's clouds in record-breaking missi… theguardian.com/science/2016/a…, see more tweetedtimes.com/v/6883?s=tnp 15 minutes ago
- Top story: These glasses hide a fitness tracker on your face mashable.com/2016/08/27/gla…, see more tweetedtimes.com/v/7039?s=tnp 15 minutes ago
- Kakumba bovian is now following me on Twitter! Thank you for the follow - Always #followback #FamilyFriendly only twitter.com/kakumba_bovian 2 hours ago
- #secontentnetwork Teleological Resilience: The Vision of Teleological Resilience: Teleolog... ln.is/blogspot.com/A… #blog #syndication 3 hours ago
- #secontentnetwork embreysmovingsolutions: #EmbreysMoving #FamilyOwnedAndOperated...: embre... ln.is/blogspot.com/h… #blog #syndication 3 hours ago
- 7 Surprising Ways To Get Your Sweet Fix With ChickpeasThe secret to decadent tasting desserts that are legitimately healthy? Canned chickpeas. We’re serious. These protein-rich legumes have a fairly neutral taste, blend up in a food processor like a dream, and lend the perfect amount of moisture and creaminess to cookies, cakes, and even fudge. Not to mention, they’re jam-packed with protein and fiber, so you a […]emFrey
- 8 Cheap Foods Nutritionists LoveWhether you're grocery shopping for one or trying to feed a large family, the bills can really add up—especially if you're trying to make healthy choices. Wild salmon and organic produce aren't cheap! But don't despair because you're on a budget; there are plenty of good-for-you items that offer a big nutritional bang for your buck. […]emFrey
- I Have Leaky Gut And No One Takes Me SeriouslyThirteen years ago, I hit rock bottom. I had excruciating stomach and intestinal pain, along with uncomfortable gas, bloating, and constipation. A few times I went to the ER for painkiller injections. Food should make you feel good, but everything I ate made me feel bad. I was underweight and malnourished. I couldn't gain weight to save my life. On top […]emFrey
- 4 Diets You Should Never Try—From Women Who Tried ThemIf you've ever battled with stubborn pounds, you've probably turned to a fad diet at one point or another. Perhaps you've tried the low-carb thing, gone gluten-free, or attempted a short-term detox. And if you're like the 4 women below, you totally struck out each time. Here, they share cautionary tales of diets they've tried—from fa […]emFrey
- I Said “Yes” To Everything For A Week, And This Is What HappenedDon't get me wrong. I do believe in the power of "yes." Honest, I do! I'm a dyed-in-the-wool improviser, and the cardinal rule of improv is to always agree and move forward rather than reject ideas, which will get you into a rut. It's called the rule of "Yes, And," and it's very helpful in an improv scene. (Looking to […]emFrey
- 9 Ways Sports Psychologists Motivate Themselves To ExerciseA personal trainer may be able to whip your muscles into shape, and a psychologist can help you work through your body image issues. But if you struggle to stay motivated to exercise, a few sessions with a sports psychologist may offer the most bang for your buck. Sports psychology is a specialized field that focuses on how to improve athletes' well-bei […]emFrey
- This Is What 10,000 Steps A Day Really Looks LikeIn June 2015, Amanda L. of Chambersburg, PA, hit her heaviest weight at 281 pounds. When her doctor diagnosed her with liver disease caused by being overweight, she decided it was time to make some changes. With the help of a Fitbit fitness tracker she started counting steps, and today, at age 35, she's lost nearly 100 pounds. Here's what it took t […]emFrey
- I Tried To Count Every Bite Of Food I Took For A Week, And This Is What HappenedSo far, 2016 has been my year of health: I gave up drinking, cut back on unhealthy carbs, and started going to the gym everyday. I wear my Fitbit religiously (forget 10,000 steps; I regularly hit 20,000 or more), and I record everything I eat via the MyFitnessPal app. I'm feeling better than ever, and I've already lost 20 pounds. But I have 15 more […]emFrey
- 4 Types Of Belly Bulges And How To Fix ThemPaunch. Pooch. Pudge. Whatever you call it, no one wants it. But if you're serious about losing your belly fat, you first have to figure out what's causing it. Sure, sometimes it's as simple as too much ice cream and not enough cardio. But a protruding tummy may also be caused by a number of other reasons, ranging from genetics to a past pregn […]emFrey
- 5 Ways To Prevent Motion SicknessAhoy, matey! When it comes to motion-related nausea—whether from hitting the open sea or spending time in a car—it's often simpler to prevent an issue than it is to resolve one once your stomach has begun doing cartwheels. To stop motion sickness before it starts, follow these tips. (Feel better starting today with Rodale's The Thyroid Cure, a new […]emitchell