Getting to know people and making friends online with Social Media
I am naturally a friendly person. I have always had a lot of friends.
You have to be a bit cautious online when trusting a new person, but you can certainly meet wonderful people.
The best way to meet people is on sites where you have something in common. Groups are pretty good at rooting out phony people!
I am in a number of great groups on Facebook, Empire Avenue, and ning sites like Brandergy.com. I love meeting people on IBOToolbox.com, too!
I believe when you connect with people on a number of sites, you get to know them better.
Sometimes you really connect with someone and become friends. That is special.
I find groups that are supportive in business, online projects, blogging, mental health, therapeutic, and more. I have a lot of health issues, and it is nice to know people that are dealing with similar things in their lives.
I know a lot of people use online sites for dating and romance. I am really glad that I am out of that category, because I think that it is a little scary.
When someone contacts me on skype or Facebook chat that I don’t know, I kind of test them out a bit. Sometimes they have no knowledge of the place that they say they live – HUGE red flag!!
You can make really good lasting friendships online. I have a small groups of women on a group on Sparkpeople.com. We share so much, and I have been with them for something like 7 years. Those are true friends.
If you are a young girl or boy, make sure your parents know who you are chatting with online!
For adults, be friendly, but keep your safety conscious part of your brain active, too!
Remember, if something smells off it probably is.
Other than that, make friends and have fun!
- 61,297 hits
- Please support my nephew's new business twitter acct @joeconsultant4u Follow, RT, Favs - will definitely #followback! Thank you so much! 2 hours ago
- Join me on HelloFax. It's the easiest way to sign and send documents online - hellofax.com 2 hours ago
- Top story: Viewed from space, the Fort McMurray wildfire looks like an explosion mashable.com/2016/05/04/for…, see more tweetedtimes.com/v/7039?s=tnp 5 hours ago
- Top story: Farm to Cafeteria Conference 2016 | Moving Forward Together farmtocafeteriaconference.org/8/, see more tweetedtimes.com/OrganicNation/… 5 hours ago
- Top story: The Times of London on Twitter: "BREAKING NEWS: Duchess reveals name… twitter.com/thetimes/statu…, see more tweetedtimes.com/stephenfry?s=t… 5 hours ago
- Target Waist Fat With This Super-Effective MoveThink of this exercise from Prevention's Fit in 10: Day-30 Belly Fix as your ultime waist-cincher, no uncomfortable undergarments necessary. 126emFrey
- The Squat That Works Your Thighs AND ArmsNot only is this move from Prevention's Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix great for toning your lower body, but it also improves your posture by strengthening the muscles in the back of your arms that help you stand up straight. 126emFrey
- "I Tried To Stop Complaining For A Week. Here's What Happened."I should have known it was a setup. After all, the woman who assigned me this story (a) has known me since college, (b) worked with me in a very small office, and (c) is my Facebook friend. Obviously she identified me ahead of time as a complainer of no small proportions. But you know what? I was up for a challenge. Here's how my efforts at curtailing m […]emitchell
- Target Your Lower Abs With This Supereffective Exercise This move from Prevention's Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix is an unbelievable exercise for your entire abdominals, especially those hard-to-tone lower abs. 126emFrey
- The Squat That Works Your Triceps, TooWhat would make squats—the No. 1 exercise for toning your lower body—even better? Having them tone your upper body at the same time. This move from Prevention's Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix does just that. Give it a try! Your body will thank you. 126emFrey
- 4 Things You Need To Know Before You Cut Your Own HairNot surprisingly, few professional stylists would recommend giving your own locks a chop. After all, "the biggest hazard is simply that you don't know how to achieve the results you want," says Kiki Fotiadis, a stylist at Elan Sassoon's Icon Hair Salon in Newton Centre, MA. But if you're going for a relatively simple trim, who's […]emFrey
- The Perfect Lower-Body ExerciseLooking for the ultimte lower-body exercise? This is it. The Marching Bridge move from Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix works your butt, hamstrings, and core at the same time. 126emFrey
- Tone Your Thighs And Triceps At The Same TimeThis multitasking move from the Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix program tones your thighs and triceps at the same time. Grab a resistance band and get to toning! 126emFrey
- The Ultimate Multitasking Lunge You Need To TryTalk about a multitasking move. This compound exercise from the new Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix workout targets your thighs, butt, hips, and back for allover toning and strengthening. 126emFrey
- Meet The Inspiring 75-Year-Old Athlete Who Will Make You Want To Hit The GymAt 75 years young, Vera Truhlar has 49 gold medals, 13 silver, and 2 bronze from competing in the Senior Games—and that's just a tiny bit of what makes her so impressive. Get ready to be inspired. 126emFrey