Getting to know people and making friends online with Social Media
I am naturally a friendly person. I have always had a lot of friends.
You have to be a bit cautious online when trusting a new person, but you can certainly meet wonderful people.
The best way to meet people is on sites where you have something in common. Groups are pretty good at rooting out phony people!
I am in a number of great groups on Facebook, Empire Avenue, and ning sites like Brandergy.com. I love meeting people on IBOToolbox.com, too!
I believe when you connect with people on a number of sites, you get to know them better.
Sometimes you really connect with someone and become friends. That is special.
I find groups that are supportive in business, online projects, blogging, mental health, therapeutic, and more. I have a lot of health issues, and it is nice to know people that are dealing with similar things in their lives.
I know a lot of people use online sites for dating and romance. I am really glad that I am out of that category, because I think that it is a little scary.
When someone contacts me on skype or Facebook chat that I don’t know, I kind of test them out a bit. Sometimes they have no knowledge of the place that they say they live – HUGE red flag!!
You can make really good lasting friendships online. I have a small groups of women on a group on Sparkpeople.com. We share so much, and I have been with them for something like 7 years. Those are true friends.
If you are a young girl or boy, make sure your parents know who you are chatting with online!
For adults, be friendly, but keep your safety conscious part of your brain active, too!
Remember, if something smells off it probably is.
Other than that, make friends and have fun!
- 62,251 hits
- #Rescue Dog, Gary, Grows Hair for #Halloween! ln.is/blogspot.com/3… via @AmazonCares 1 hour ago
- We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. Jim Rohn #quote vitw.it/link/XO1xx 1 hour ago
- "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny" #Shakespeare #Destiny #Quote #QuoteCards buff.ly/1PakBuT https://t.co/8vSuo4oKKK 1 hour ago
- Street Art by ROA #art #mural #graffiti #streetart https://t.co/1GSWlArz5g 1 hour ago
- Toy Store Deal © thanks for following me on Twitter! twitter.com/ToyStoreDeal 1 hour ago
- This Is What It's Like To Have AlopeciaWhen Kristy DeVaney was 25, she was diagnosed with alopecia, an autoimmune disease that causes hair loss. This is what it's like to live with the condition, for which there is no cure. In the fall of 2002, when I was 25, some unusual things started happening to me. The hair on top of my head starting thinning a bit and I developed a small bald patch o […]emitchell
- 4 Moves To Tighten And Tone Your TricepsWhen they're toned, triceps give your arms major definition. Maybe that's because the triceps muscles, that is, the backs of your arms, actually have three parts—the upper inside, lower inside, and outside—making them larger and stronger than you might think. (In contrast, the biceps are comprised of just two parts). With each of these toning move […]emitchell
- 9 Best Things You Can Order At Starbucks, According To NutritionistsWhile there may be some serious calorie bombs lurking on the Starbucks menu ("a Frappuccino is a milkshake," says Alex Caspero, RD), there are plenty of totally healthy options, too. Whether you're hunting for breakfast, lunch, or just an afternoon treat, these 9 options got the seal of approval from some of our favorite RDs. This article was […]emitchell
- The Best Way To Apply Blush, According To Your Face ShapePress pause on that contouring tutorial: The quickest, easiest way to get sculpted cheeks is to adjust your blush, says makeup artist Katey Denno. Here, her top tips for different face shapes. MORE: How To Wear Blush Without Looking Like A Clown 1. Long Jen Davis Apply pigment in a circle, on the apples of the cheeks or just above them. If your formula has s […]emFrey
- I Banned The Snooze Button For A Week, And This Is What HappenedI have an unhealthy relationship with the snooze button. As in, I hit it 2 to 3 times each morning…on two separate, staggered alarms (one on a regular digital clock, the other on my iPhone because my cat often steps on the buttons of my digital clock during his attempts to wake me in the night). Once I'm out of bed, I'm actually a pretty peppy morn […]emitchell
- 3 Ways To Refuel After A Workout That Are Better For You Than Organic GatoradeIn a world filled with food wonders like biscuits and gravy-flavored potato chips and bacon-infused vodka, it was only a matter of time before someone decided that civilization should also have organic Gatorade. (Here are 7 "health" foods that aren't.) And indeed, the time has come. Last month, the Gatorade gods rolled out a certified-organic […]emFrey
- People Are Snorting Chocolate—Here’s WhyChocolate has been touted for everything from heart health to weight loss. And apparently, it can get you kinda high. It sounds like something out of an R-rated version of Willy Wonka, but using raw cacao powder—yes, the stuff that chocolate is made from—as a drug is catching on. Partyers at some LA events are snorting the stuff for a buzz that’s both legal […]emFrey
- 5 Simple Meals You Can Make In A Cast-Iron SkilletIf you're anything like me, one of the main deterrents from making a nice healthy dinner is the sink full of dishes you're supposed to tackle afterward. After a long day, it's just not gonna happen. But what if we told you that you could simplify your meals and drastically minimize your mountain of plates, pans, and bowls? The new cookbook Cas […]emFrey
- 7 Surprising Ways To Get Your Sweet Fix With ChickpeasThe secret to decadent tasting desserts that are legitimately healthy? Canned chickpeas. We’re serious. These protein-rich legumes have a fairly neutral taste, blend up in a food processor like a dream, and lend the perfect amount of moisture and creaminess to cookies, cakes, and even fudge. Not to mention, they’re jam-packed with protein and fiber, so you a […]emFrey
- 8 Cheap Foods Nutritionists LoveWhether you're grocery shopping for one or trying to feed a large family, the bills can really add up—especially if you're trying to make healthy choices. Wild salmon and organic produce aren't cheap! But don't despair because you're on a budget; there are plenty of good-for-you items that offer a big nutritional bang for your buck. […]emFrey