Getting to know people and making friends online with Social Media
I am naturally a friendly person. I have always had a lot of friends.
You have to be a bit cautious online when trusting a new person, but you can certainly meet wonderful people.
The best way to meet people is on sites where you have something in common. Groups are pretty good at rooting out phony people!
I am in a number of great groups on Facebook, Empire Avenue, and ning sites like Brandergy.com. I love meeting people on IBOToolbox.com, too!
I believe when you connect with people on a number of sites, you get to know them better.
Sometimes you really connect with someone and become friends. That is special.
I find groups that are supportive in business, online projects, blogging, mental health, therapeutic, and more. I have a lot of health issues, and it is nice to know people that are dealing with similar things in their lives.
I know a lot of people use online sites for dating and romance. I am really glad that I am out of that category, because I think that it is a little scary.
When someone contacts me on skype or Facebook chat that I don’t know, I kind of test them out a bit. Sometimes they have no knowledge of the place that they say they live – HUGE red flag!!
You can make really good lasting friendships online. I have a small groups of women on a group on Sparkpeople.com. We share so much, and I have been with them for something like 7 years. Those are true friends.
If you are a young girl or boy, make sure your parents know who you are chatting with online!
For adults, be friendly, but keep your safety conscious part of your brain active, too!
Remember, if something smells off it probably is.
Other than that, make friends and have fun!
- 58,177 hits
- Sally K Witt, Internet Success 4 You! is out! ln.is/paper.li/sally… Stories via @PaulYoupou @crump_king @jeninbess 3 hours ago
- Ultimate Beginner's Guide to SEO infographic goo.gl/I0Zde6 via @BerriePelser 6 hours ago
- #secontentnetwork Best Tips for Improving Visibility of Your Business: Best Tips for Improv... ln.is/ning.com/YfBKa #blog #syndication 11 hours ago
- Today stats: 14 followers, 14 unfollowers and followed one person via uapp.ly 14 hours ago
- Sally K Witt, Internet Success 4 You! is out! ln.is/paper.li/sally… Stories via @ParoleUnx @RTtotal @CrowdTTour 1 day ago
- The New Reason Your Heart Wants You To Have That Extra Cup Of Coffeeheart healthcaffeineNewsGreat news for coffee lovers: Drinking 3 to 4 cups a day may slash your risk of heart attack, shows new research from BMJ Heart. Compared to people who don’t drink coffee, those who sip 3 or 4 cups a day have 41% less coronary artery calcium (CAC), the study data show. CAC is a well-established marker of heart disease; the more of it […]szdanow
- More Proof You Should Be Eating Organic If You're Wary Of Dangerous Toxinsorganic foodNewsEat CleanFruittoxinsvegetablesYou know you should eat organic, but sometimes, it's just too damn expensive or inconvenient. Or maybe you think that as you long as you rinse that apple, you're good to go, right? Eh, maybe not. Turns out there are new reasons to spend a little bit more money for organic produce, regardless of how much […]mmessing
- 7 Perfumes To Match Your Every Moodbeauty productsbeauty tipsstressemotional healthWhether you've got sweaty palms before a big meeting or a hellish commute's left you ready for tell anyone (or, everyone!) off, there's a scent that can help rehab your mood: Researchers have found that certain essential oils (aromatic extracts distilled from the seeds, leaves, and petals of plan […]szdanow
- Meet The New Not-Meat That's Giving Tofu A Run For Its MoneyvegetarianproteinNewsvegangluten-freeEat CleanWe get it: You want to try this whole eat-less-meat thing—or even go full-blown vegan—but you don't want to subsist on veggies paired with soy-based meat replacements. Up until recently, soy-based tofu and tempeh, along with gluten-based seitan, were really your only convenient options. But that's all a […]emitchell
- 7 Ways To Declutter Every Room In Your HouseHealthy Homehealthy habitsFor as long as I can remember, I've kept my schedule packed to absolute capacity. I like to stay busy, and I took that to a whole new level when my husband and I moved back to my family farm several years ago to start organic farming (in addition to our full-time jobs). The move was rushed, so packing wasn't as organized a […]szdanow
- What Brain Orgasms—And 2 More Bizarre Symptoms—Say About Youweird health symptomsFear of small holes. Extreme aversion to olives. Brain orgasms. These are wacky—but real—health phenomena that even have experts mystified. Here, a look into some of the weirdest symptoms around, and what to do if you have them. RANDOM PHOBIAS What are they? There's misophonia, where you can't stand the sound of people chewing. […]mmessing
- 8 Fresh Ways With PineappleFruitnutritionrecipesMarch: In like a lion, out like a lamb, and full of gorgeously golden pineapple. It's the start of pineapple season and we're celebrating with 8 recipes featuring this juicy, tropical treat. Pick fruits with taut skin and a slight pineapple-y fragrance at the base (no smell means it's under-ripe; a fermented scent means it […]szdanow
- 7 Ingredients Nutritionists Never Ever EatnutritionFood-Shopping TipsEat CleanThe Federal government announced plans to redesign nutrition labels back in February—but the proposed changes (which would highlight the amount of added sugars and bring serving sizes more in line with the amounts that people actually eat) have yet to go into effect. Until then, it's especially important to analyze th […]szdanow
- What Will It Take For You To Start Loving The Body You Have Now?emotional healthmindfulnessWorkout TipsChris Freytag (above third from left) and Prevention share a belief: Women should measure happiness not by their waists but by the sheer size of their lives. "We're our worst critics," says body-love champion Freytag, 49, whose relapse of body shaming at 40 sent her toward gratitude for what her body had […]szdanow
- 10 Mistakes You're Making On The EllipticalWorkout TipsTotal-Body Toning WorkoutsThigh ExercisesWhile you may be proud of yourself for making it to the gym and squeezing in some cardio (and you should be!), taking a lackadaisical approach to your elliptical workout and casually spinning your legs while reading a magazine or watching TV isn’t doing your any favors. Here, 10 mistakes you frequently mak […]Anonymous