Getting to know people and making friends online with Social Media
I am naturally a friendly person. I have always had a lot of friends.
You have to be a bit cautious online when trusting a new person, but you can certainly meet wonderful people.
The best way to meet people is on sites where you have something in common. Groups are pretty good at rooting out phony people!
I am in a number of great groups on Facebook, Empire Avenue, and ning sites like Brandergy.com. I love meeting people on IBOToolbox.com, too!
I believe when you connect with people on a number of sites, you get to know them better.
Sometimes you really connect with someone and become friends. That is special.
I find groups that are supportive in business, online projects, blogging, mental health, therapeutic, and more. I have a lot of health issues, and it is nice to know people that are dealing with similar things in their lives.
I know a lot of people use online sites for dating and romance. I am really glad that I am out of that category, because I think that it is a little scary.
When someone contacts me on skype or Facebook chat that I don’t know, I kind of test them out a bit. Sometimes they have no knowledge of the place that they say they live – HUGE red flag!!
You can make really good lasting friendships online. I have a small groups of women on a group on Sparkpeople.com. We share so much, and I have been with them for something like 7 years. Those are true friends.
If you are a young girl or boy, make sure your parents know who you are chatting with online!
For adults, be friendly, but keep your safety conscious part of your brain active, too!
Remember, if something smells off it probably is.
Other than that, make friends and have fun!
- 58,938 hits
- Check out thomas christinck aka teecee (@_teecee) on Empire Avenue bit.ly/1Ep0vEl (from @EmpireAve) 1 hour ago
- RT @2powerN: The #2powerN crew Daily is out! paper.li/2powerN/131785… Stories via @sallykwitt @MarkMillerITPro @yoshuadaely 3 hours ago
- Sally K Witt, Internet Success 4 You! is out! ln.is/paper.li/sally… Stories via @La_only1_Monica @eDianaHarper @_TweetManiac 6 hours ago
- Why Are Amazon River Turtles Important? goo.gl/BXogGS via @AmazonCares 8 hours ago
- G+: Just LOVE this story!! (This Man’s Reunion With A Gorilla Raised As His Own Son Comes With A Tissue Alert.… goo.gl/A18MMc 10 hours ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.