What does Social Media have to do with Ministry?
There are some wonderful ways to share your faith with others online, and to help others with ministry.
1. Prayer Requests – you can share your requests, and help others with their request. Feel free to leave your prayer requests in the comments section, and I encourage everyone to help pray for each other.
2. Bible verses and Bible stories – sharing encouraging passages and stories online will bring more light and hope into the world.
3. Testimonials and personal stories of success – Any time that God blesses you, it is an opportunity to display your gratitude and share it with others to encourage them.
We are always interested in sharing and helping others, and being online is an amazing opportunity to bring love and hope to every corner of the earth instantly!
Learning about our world, and the way that people have to fight to live in faith is so important.
Our good friends Dan and Norma Wooding have a ministry called ASSIST – Aid to Special Saints in Strategic Times.
We worked with them in the “olden” days when communication with people in other countries was by post! It took weeks to hear back and forth in those days.
Now they share information instantly on the internet. Very cool.
Check out their news service at http://www.assistnews.net/
This is their gateway website http://www.assist-ministries.com/
There are also a number of great websites for prayer support!
If a website asks you to pay for a prayer request, just leave! If they just ask for donations in general, that is ok. No one can ever charge you to pray for you!!
You can do your own search, or try some of these sites –
Free Bible Study Info (there are lots more, too)
Christian Support Chats, just a start – you can find others, too
Tell us sites that you like to use in the comments!
Bruce and Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Take The 10K Challenge – 35 Min. A Day http://bit.ly/witt10k
- 61,804 hits
- Thanks to my top interactors! @MktgAttribution @K20AE @B2B_MSci @Conv_MSci @jessandunnotis via ln.is/www.tweetjukeb… 0 minutes ago
- democrats tweetedtimes.com/twitsnationPOL… - top stories by @MarkWarner 4 minutes ago
- New Google+ Community "How Many Places Can We Connect" Post ur profiles & connect 4 FREE! plus.google.com/u/0/communitie… https://t.co/q5wT8or7eD 4 minutes ago
- Twitter ALL STARS from #EmpireKred rock!! Twitter on Steroids. @swissbusiness @Milieunet @DK_Coble @TumorWarrior @CarlRamallo 4 minutes ago
- Very cool new social network. Grow your influence! FREE – Join us! dashburst.com/sallykwitt https://t.co/LZZL1FHViN 4 minutes ago
- Meet The Incredible Woman Who Changed The Face Of Rhythmic GymnasticsWendy Hilliard's gymnastics career began in the front yard of her childhood home, and took her all the way to the National Championships a record-setting nine times. But it was her fight for recognition as a black gymnast that ignited her passion for athlete advocacy and inspired her to start her own foundation. 126emFrey
- A Double Dose Of PeaceWe have a two-step relaxation exercise for you this month. If the actual art of paper folding feels intimidating to you, check out the August issue of Prevention magazine for Step One: your own tear-out, origami-inspired coloring page. Below, you’ll find Step Two: instructions for two of the modular forms in the new book Zen Origami, which puts a mindful twi […]emFrey
- 11 Ways To Eat An AvocadoThink guacamole is your only option? C'mon, you can do better than that. Here, 11 delicious and inventive ways to get more avocado in your life. 126emFrey
- 1 in 3 Americans Would Use Medical Marijuana. Are You One Of Them?Marijuana is steadily gaining traction as a legitimate treatment for everything from severe migraines to arthritis—so much so that a third of Americans would be extremely or very likely to use it to treat their pain if advised by a doctor, reveals a new Prevention survey. Among the other compelling findings of the survey, in which Prevention interviewed a na […]emFrey
- 5 Bedtime Beverages That Can Help You Lose WeightThere's not much worse than a night of tossing and turning in the sack. After all, poor sleep is intricately tied to weight gain, skewed hormone levels, next-day munchies, and blood sugar and insulin issues, says Bridget Murphy, RDN, CDN, at NYU Langone Medical Center. To score some quality shuteye, you've got to be careful about what you sip befor […]emitchell
- Color Yourself CalmA few colored pencils are all it takes to turn a plain page into your own Zen masterpiece. Check out the July issue of Prevention magazine for your own tear-out page, and look below to get inspired with completed versions of the seascape from Wales-based illustrator Anastasia Catris, (Instagram: @AnastasiaCatris). Illustration by anastasia cartris Full color […]emFrey
- Nourish Your Body Through MovementGive your movement-starved body the nutrients it needs with these gentle corrective exercises from biomechanist Katy Bowman. They target areas of the body that—in our culture of sitting, keyboarding work, and heeled shoes—are frequently undernourished. Add these moves to your day for a more balanced movement diet, and within a few weeks you should be able to […]emFrey
- "My Best Time Is Now"Model and wellness expert Maye Musk opens up about life, health, parenting three famous children, and having fun. Here, she sits down for an exclusive interview with Maria Rodale, chairman and chief executive officer of Rodale. [brightcove_audio:4924955970001] 126emFrey
- What It's Like To Wake Up From A Coma That No One Expected You To Recover FromDoctors were shocked when Lizzie Asher woke up from a 3-week-long coma. No one thought she would even survive, let alone make a full recovery. Watch her incredible story of thriving against all odds. 126emFrey
- The 100-Year-Old Athlete Who Proves That Anyone Can Run (Even You!)At 67, Ida Keeling ran her first competitive race. And that was just the beginning for the now 100-year-old record-setting runner. She and her daughter, Shelley, a 64-year-old track coach and fellow competitive athlete, prove that the physical and mental benefits of exercise are well worth the hard work. 126emFrey