What does Social Media have to do with Ministry?
There are some wonderful ways to share your faith with others online, and to help others with ministry.
1. Prayer Requests – you can share your requests, and help others with their request. Feel free to leave your prayer requests in the comments section, and I encourage everyone to help pray for each other.
2. Bible verses and Bible stories – sharing encouraging passages and stories online will bring more light and hope into the world.
3. Testimonials and personal stories of success – Any time that God blesses you, it is an opportunity to display your gratitude and share it with others to encourage them.
We are always interested in sharing and helping others, and being online is an amazing opportunity to bring love and hope to every corner of the earth instantly!
Learning about our world, and the way that people have to fight to live in faith is so important.
Our good friends Dan and Norma Wooding have a ministry called ASSIST – Aid to Special Saints in Strategic Times.
We worked with them in the “olden” days when communication with people in other countries was by post! It took weeks to hear back and forth in those days.
Now they share information instantly on the internet. Very cool.
Check out their news service at http://www.assistnews.net/
This is their gateway website http://www.assist-ministries.com/
There are also a number of great websites for prayer support!
If a website asks you to pay for a prayer request, just leave! If they just ask for donations in general, that is ok. No one can ever charge you to pray for you!!
You can do your own search, or try some of these sites –
Free Bible Study Info (there are lots more, too)
Christian Support Chats, just a start – you can find others, too
Tell us sites that you like to use in the comments!
Bruce and Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Take The 10K Challenge – 35 Min. A Day http://bit.ly/witt10k
- 61,282 hits
- If you can't get enough of Katniss, Peeta, and dystopian worlds, here are 7 book series for fans of pinterest.com/pin/1280718016… 25 minutes ago
- Find healthy ways to fill the emptiness with BetterHelp - an online counseling service. Take a short pinterest.com/pin/1280718016… 26 minutes ago
- "If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself." Albert Einstein #quot pinterest.com/pin/1280718016… 26 minutes ago
- Whether you're interested in programming, graphic design, speech writing, or conflict resolution, th pinterest.com/pin/1280718016… 26 minutes ago
- Psychology facts that will make you think twice (10 photos) #psychology #facts pinterest.com/pin/1280718016… 27 minutes ago
- Target Waist Fat With This Super-Effective MoveThink of this exercise from Prevention's Fit in 10: Day-30 Belly Fix as your ultime waist-cincher, no uncomfortable undergarments necessary. 126emFrey
- The Squat That Works Your Thighs AND ArmsNot only is this move from Prevention's Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix great for toning your lower body, but it also improves your posture by strengthening the muscles in the back of your arms that help you stand up straight. 126emFrey
- "I Tried To Stop Complaining For A Week. Here's What Happened."I should have known it was a setup. After all, the woman who assigned me this story (a) has known me since college, (b) worked with me in a very small office, and (c) is my Facebook friend. Obviously she identified me ahead of time as a complainer of no small proportions. But you know what? I was up for a challenge. Here's how my efforts at curtailing m […]emitchell
- Target Your Lower Abs With This Supereffective Exercise This move from Prevention's Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix is an unbelievable exercise for your entire abdominals, especially those hard-to-tone lower abs. 126emFrey
- The Squat That Works Your Triceps, TooWhat would make squats—the No. 1 exercise for toning your lower body—even better? Having them tone your upper body at the same time. This move from Prevention's Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix does just that. Give it a try! Your body will thank you. 126emFrey
- 4 Things You Need To Know Before You Cut Your Own HairNot surprisingly, few professional stylists would recommend giving your own locks a chop. After all, "the biggest hazard is simply that you don't know how to achieve the results you want," says Kiki Fotiadis, a stylist at Elan Sassoon's Icon Hair Salon in Newton Centre, MA. But if you're going for a relatively simple trim, who's […]emFrey
- The Perfect Lower-Body ExerciseLooking for the ultimte lower-body exercise? This is it. The Marching Bridge move from Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix works your butt, hamstrings, and core at the same time. 126emFrey
- Tone Your Thighs And Triceps At The Same TimeThis multitasking move from the Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix program tones your thighs and triceps at the same time. Grab a resistance band and get to toning! 126emFrey
- The Ultimate Multitasking Lunge You Need To TryTalk about a multitasking move. This compound exercise from the new Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix workout targets your thighs, butt, hips, and back for allover toning and strengthening. 126emFrey
- Meet The Inspiring 75-Year-Old Athlete Who Will Make You Want To Hit The GymAt 75 years young, Vera Truhlar has 49 gold medals, 13 silver, and 2 bronze from competing in the Senior Games—and that's just a tiny bit of what makes her so impressive. Get ready to be inspired. 126emFrey