What does Social Media have to do with Ministry?
There are some wonderful ways to share your faith with others online, and to help others with ministry.
1. Prayer Requests – you can share your requests, and help others with their request. Feel free to leave your prayer requests in the comments section, and I encourage everyone to help pray for each other.
2. Bible verses and Bible stories – sharing encouraging passages and stories online will bring more light and hope into the world.
3. Testimonials and personal stories of success – Any time that God blesses you, it is an opportunity to display your gratitude and share it with others to encourage them.
We are always interested in sharing and helping others, and being online is an amazing opportunity to bring love and hope to every corner of the earth instantly!
Learning about our world, and the way that people have to fight to live in faith is so important.
Our good friends Dan and Norma Wooding have a ministry called ASSIST – Aid to Special Saints in Strategic Times.
We worked with them in the “olden” days when communication with people in other countries was by post! It took weeks to hear back and forth in those days.
Now they share information instantly on the internet. Very cool.
Check out their news service at http://www.assistnews.net/
This is their gateway website http://www.assist-ministries.com/
There are also a number of great websites for prayer support!
If a website asks you to pay for a prayer request, just leave! If they just ask for donations in general, that is ok. No one can ever charge you to pray for you!!
You can do your own search, or try some of these sites –
Free Bible Study Info (there are lots more, too)
Christian Support Chats, just a start – you can find others, too
Tell us sites that you like to use in the comments!
Bruce and Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Take The 10K Challenge – 35 Min. A Day http://bit.ly/witt10k
- 62,974 hits
- RT ERStollery: Today, like everyday, I’m keeping #healthy on #worldcancerday courtesy of #thebeansandgreens… … vitw.it/link/Ae9kk 11 minutes ago
- Of all the things I've lost, I miss the part of the brain taken by my brain tumor the most. #BrainTumorThursday #BTSM RT'd tumorwarrior 30 minutes ago
- Top story: WhatsApp hits 200 million active users in India ln.is/mashable.com/2…, see more tweetedtimes.com/v/7039?s=tnp 1 hour ago
- Top story: Doubling Up Healthy, Local Produce at California Groceries | Civil E… ln.is/civileats.com/…, see more tweetedtimes.com/OrganicNation/… 1 hour ago
- Top story: BuzzFeed News on Twitter: "A Kansas man allegedly shot three people … twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/s…, see more tweetedtimes.com/aplusk?s=tnp 1 hour ago
- 4 Women Share Exactly What They Ate To Lose Those Stubborn Last 10 Pounds When you've overhauled your diet and logged countless hours in the gym, it can be maddening when the scale freezes with just 10 pounds left to your goal. What's behind this dreaded weight-loss plateau? Simply put, as you become slimmer, your body requires even fewer calories. (Repeat after us: No more dieting. Ever. Instead, learn how to eat clean— […]emFrey
- 5 Very Best Sex Positions To Help You Orgasm For many women, an orgasm during intercourse is an elusive thing. Because we require clitoral stimulation, the sex position we choose to reach the big "O" can have a big impact. Here are the best positions to try if you're intent on coming during partner sex—or achieving a simultaneous orgasm with your man (and if you're still struggling […]emFrey
- 6 High-Protein Salads That Have No Chicken WhatsoeverYou've been dutifully eating grilled chicken salad for lunch since as far back as you can remember, because it's clean, easy, and loaded with protein. But let's face it: It's gotten boring as heck. Folks, it's time to give the seared poultry a break. Fortunately, trying something new doesn't mean that your nutritional standards […]emFrey
- 10 Minutes To A Flatter, Firmer Belly This 10-minute routine from Prevention’s new Fit in 10: Slim and Strong—for Life! program will help you tone and strengthen your deepest core muscles for a flatter, firmer belly. It combines highly effective Pilates work with essential corrective exercises to help you reactivate weak belly muscles quickly and gently. The result: a tight, toned core that will […]emFrey
- I Tried To Practice Gratitude For My #SpreadTheHealth Challenge, And Here's How It WentPrevention’s #SpreadTheHealth Healthy Habits Challenge asks you to adopt a new healthy habit for a week and invite friends to do the same, creating a community of healthy encouragement. Last month we #SpreadtheHealth to our friends at The Talk, and now we’re doing the same with some top health bloggers, who are sharing their experiences here. With all of th […]emFrey
- I Tried To Walk 10,000 Steps A Day For The #SpreadTheHealth Challenge, And Here's How It WentPrevention’s #SpreadTheHealth Healthy Habits Challenge asks you to adopt a new healthy habit for a week and invite friends to do the same, creating a community of healthy encouragement. Last month we #SpreadtheHealth to our friends at The Talk, and now we’re doing the same with some top health bloggers, who are sharing their experiences here. It's Febr […]emFrey
- 5 Easy Moves To Tone Your Legs FastThis simple routine from the new Fit in 10: Slim and Strong—for Life! program combines ridiculously effective lower body moves with resistance band loops and light hand weights to totally transform your legs and butt. Bonus: the entire routine is only 10 minutes, which makes it easy to squeeze into your busy day. Get started with the routine below, and find […]emFrey
- 11 Foods You Need To Fend Off Sick DaysIn the dark and cold winter months (snow or not!), give your immune system a boost with these foods so you have fewer sick days and more run days. (Repeat after us: No more dieting. Ever. Instead, learn how to eat clean—with zero deprivation!—and watch the pounds drop off, with Your Metabolism Makeover.) 1. Living foods A healthy gut is your strongest ally w […]emFrey
- 7 High-Protein Tacos You Should Be Eating For BreakfastThe perfect breakfast should be three things: quick and easy to make, mouthwateringly tasty, and high enough in protein to keep you full until lunch. Smoothies, scrambled eggs, and yogurt bowls all meet these important benchmarks. But here's another option you haven't considered: tacos. (Repeat after us: No more dieting. Ever. Instead, learn how to […]emFrey
- 6 Autoimmune Diseases That Mess With Your WeightAutoimmune diseases happen when your body's immune system starts attacking its own organs, tissues, and cells. Although they're on the rise, they're also tricky to diagnose. Symptoms can creep up slowly, and many of them—like achy joints, fatigue, and tummy troubles—overlap with other disorders. But there's one symptom that many autoimmu […]szdanow