What does Social Media have to do with Ministry?
There are some wonderful ways to share your faith with others online, and to help others with ministry.
1. Prayer Requests – you can share your requests, and help others with their request. Feel free to leave your prayer requests in the comments section, and I encourage everyone to help pray for each other.
2. Bible verses and Bible stories – sharing encouraging passages and stories online will bring more light and hope into the world.
3. Testimonials and personal stories of success – Any time that God blesses you, it is an opportunity to display your gratitude and share it with others to encourage them.
We are always interested in sharing and helping others, and being online is an amazing opportunity to bring love and hope to every corner of the earth instantly!
Learning about our world, and the way that people have to fight to live in faith is so important.
Our good friends Dan and Norma Wooding have a ministry called ASSIST – Aid to Special Saints in Strategic Times.
We worked with them in the “olden” days when communication with people in other countries was by post! It took weeks to hear back and forth in those days.
Now they share information instantly on the internet. Very cool.
Check out their news service at http://www.assistnews.net/
This is their gateway website http://www.assist-ministries.com/
There are also a number of great websites for prayer support!
If a website asks you to pay for a prayer request, just leave! If they just ask for donations in general, that is ok. No one can ever charge you to pray for you!!
You can do your own search, or try some of these sites –
Free Bible Study Info (there are lots more, too)
Christian Support Chats, just a start – you can find others, too
Tell us sites that you like to use in the comments!
Bruce and Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Take The 10K Challenge – 35 Min. A Day http://bit.ly/witt10k
- 60,678 hits
- Politics at The New York Times tweetedtimes.com/media/nytimes/… - top stories by @KateKellyCNBC, @jamestaranto, @suhasinih 5 minutes ago
- Green Journalists tweetedtimes.com/nathanschock/g… 5 minutes ago
- Top story: How to Use Facebook Messenger for Your Business : Social Media Exami… socialmediaexaminer.com/how-to-use-fac…, see more tweetedtimes.com/sallykwitt?s=t… 9 minutes ago
- democrats tweetedtimes.com/twitsnationPOL… 1 hour ago
- Over 17430 members waiting to promote YOUR sites on 1000's of locations #tejv ln.is/ibourl.com/muy… 1 hour ago
- Nativo content411Johnish
- 5 Reasons Sex Addicts Aren't What You ThinkWhile the term is used a lot, New York City sex therapist Ian Kerner, PhD, who treats people who identify as sex addicts, points out that there actually isn't an official "sex addict" diagnosis. Though there was a lot of debate about including it in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition (the standard for mental […]emitchell
- 9 Power Foods That Boost ImmunityIt takes more than an apple a day to keep the doctor away. It turns out that eating some pretty surprising nutrients will help keep your immune system on guard. Cold-Proof Your Family and Block the Flu Naturally! You can ensure your body and immunity run smoothly by rounding out your plate with plenty of colorful servings of fruits and veggies, plus 8 to 10 […]mmessing
- The Hot Solution For Pain: Heat TherapyHeat therapy has been used for centuries by women to combat backaches, muscle pain, joint pain and more. Heat can be great way to manage pain, and start the healing process. It’s effectiveness lies in its ability to penetrate deep into the muscle right where it hurts, to relax, soothe and unlock tight muscles. 3 Ways Heat Heals: • Stimulates the sensory […]emFrey
- Do You Really Need A Mammogram? 3 Women Who Regret Having ThemWe don't typically think of a mammogram as something to regret. Who could ever regret such a lifesaver? Science is slowly convincing us, however, that more mammograms doesn't necessarily equal more lives saved. More mammograms, in fact, sometimes amount to marred lives. Part of the reason some women are left wishing they never had a mammogram is th […]emFrey
- The New Updated Breast Cancer Screening Guidelines Bring Us Closer To Finally Agreeing About Mammograms. Kind Of.For the first time since 2003, the American Cancer Society has updated its breast cancer screening guidelines, after reviewing the evidence on mammography. So do we now have consensus on when you should start mammograms and how often you should get them? Afraid not, since the ACS's new advice still doesn't align with the guidelines from the United […]emFrey
- 5 Ways To Save $3,064 A YearWe did the math: You'll save $3,064 per year with these 5 wicked-smart changes. 1. Brown-Bag Your Lunch Calories saved: About 200 a day, which could amount to a 20-pound weight loss in a year Average $ recouped: $1,121 in takeout tabs Health bonus: Saves about 10 g of fat and 300 to 415 mg of sodium per meal (Lose up to 15 pounds WITHOUT dieting with Ea […]emitchell
- How To Prevent Nail Fungus (And Treat It If It's Already Present)Think the occasional yellow nail isn't anything to worry about? Not so fast. Roughly 50% of all nail discoloration is caused by fungus, which can be pretty tricky to treat—especially if it slipped your mind over the last dozen or so doctor's appointments. And if you have a compromised immune system or are taking certain medications, it can be harde […]emitchell
- 10 Stretches For A Pain-Free BackChances are, if you're not suffering from back pain as we speak, then you know someone who is. The following 10 back stretches, from the new book 3 Weeks to a Better Back, will help realign your spine and help correct postural imbalances that can be the underlying source of common back pain. The better your spinal alignment, the better your posture and […]emitchell
- The Essential Nutrient You Need For Strong Bones That You're Probably Not GettingCalcium is the ultimate bone-building nutrient, right? Just down your three glasses of milk a day or pop a supplement, and you're good to go—at least that's the message that's been repeated by countless nutritionists for years. New evidence, however, suggests we should reconsider how much calcium we take and focus instead on an often-overlooke […]emFrey