What does Social Media have to do with Ministry?
There are some wonderful ways to share your faith with others online, and to help others with ministry.
1. Prayer Requests – you can share your requests, and help others with their request. Feel free to leave your prayer requests in the comments section, and I encourage everyone to help pray for each other.
2. Bible verses and Bible stories – sharing encouraging passages and stories online will bring more light and hope into the world.
3. Testimonials and personal stories of success – Any time that God blesses you, it is an opportunity to display your gratitude and share it with others to encourage them.
We are always interested in sharing and helping others, and being online is an amazing opportunity to bring love and hope to every corner of the earth instantly!
Learning about our world, and the way that people have to fight to live in faith is so important.
Our good friends Dan and Norma Wooding have a ministry called ASSIST – Aid to Special Saints in Strategic Times.
We worked with them in the “olden” days when communication with people in other countries was by post! It took weeks to hear back and forth in those days.
Now they share information instantly on the internet. Very cool.
Check out their news service at http://www.assistnews.net/
This is their gateway website http://www.assist-ministries.com/
There are also a number of great websites for prayer support!
If a website asks you to pay for a prayer request, just leave! If they just ask for donations in general, that is ok. No one can ever charge you to pray for you!!
You can do your own search, or try some of these sites –
Free Bible Study Info (there are lots more, too)
Christian Support Chats, just a start – you can find others, too
Tell us sites that you like to use in the comments!
Bruce and Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Take The 10K Challenge – 35 Min. A Day http://bit.ly/witt10k
- 58,743 hits
- RT @BruceRWitt1: I gave @sallykwitt +K about Television on @klout klout.com/sallykwitt?n=t… 23 minutes ago
- RT @BruceRWitt1: I gave @sallykwitt +K about Theater on @klout klout.com/sallykwitt?n=t… 23 minutes ago
- RT @BruceRWitt1: I gave @sallykwitt +K about Animals on @klout klout.com/sallykwitt?n=t… 23 minutes ago
- I know of only one duty, and that is to love. - Albert Camus #quote 57 minutes ago
- Sally K Witt, Internet Success 4 You! is out! ln.is/paper.li/sally… Stories via @shegzy_spd @_TweetManiac @itsmeRahmat 1 hour ago
- 4 Ways To Make Your Pores Look A Whole Lot Smaller Krystal SkwarProof that some things—besides wine and cheese—get better with age: A recent study in the Journal of Clinic, Cosmetic, and Investigational Dermatology found that for women over 40, pore size actually plateaus. Welcome news, if your magnifying mirror had you convinced they widen daily. Still, if knowing that your pores are frozen in time alone do […]mmessing
- 21 Ways To Be Healthier In One Minute Or LessJeff Csatari for Menshealth.comYou don't have to overhaul your entire life to start living healthier. You can begin one minute from now, with these 21 easy health tips that take 60 seconds or less. And for 2,000 more fast-working tips and techniques that will flatten your belly, sharpen your mind, and keep you healthy for life, check out The Better Man […]mmessing
- 6 Exercises To Help Make Your Knees Stop Cracking And PoppingBlake MillerYou stand up. Your knee cracks. You walk downstairs. Your knee pops. What's up with all that noise? "Often it's just the fluid that coats your joints being pushed through certain ranges of motion—and is totally benign," explains Benjamin Butts, director of rehabilitation services and performance therapy at Providence Saint Joh […]szdanow
- 5 Ways To Keep Scars From Sticking AroundKaryn RepinskiDo you know how to keep cuts from becoming keepers? Test yourself by answering true or false to the following: 1. Wounds should be kept uncovered so the air can help them heal. False: Allowing a fresh cut to "breathe" delays healing by as much as 50%. Keep wounds moist and covered to encourage faster healing—moisture prevents the form […]mmessing
- 10 Smoothie Mistakes You're MakingAndrea StrongMaking a smoothie seems like the simplest way to start your day off right—pop your favorite fruit into a blender, add some ice and a splash of almond milk, and you're good to go. But not so fast. Simple mistakes can quickly derail the health-benefits and tastiness of your drink. To help you avoid common pitfalls, we spoke to Amy Chaplin, au […]mmessing
- 10 Abs Exercises That Are Better Than CrunchesKenny Thapoung for Women's HealthIf you still think that doing crunches will score you amazing abs, you're in for a rude awakening. Flattening your belly requires multi-muscle exercises that target all the regions of your core—upper and lower abs, obliques, transverse abdominis, and lower back muscles—to burn major calories and cinch your waistline […]mmessing
- 10 Gross Ingredients Lurking In Your Energy Bars Allison YoungEnergy and protein bars make it easy to eat well while on the go, but how healthy are they really? We looked past label promises to really study the ingredient list—and were pretty shocked by what we found. We're talking fillers and emulsifiers that can cause sugar crashes, stomach problems, and even lead to weight gain. In other words, exa […]emitchell
- Which One's More Important: Diet Or Exercise?Markham HeidA proper diet and regular exercise are the two pillars of a healthy lifestyle. But that doesn't mean they're equally important when it comes to your weight, your disease risk, or how long you'll live. In a head-to-head battle, research shows what you eat trumps how much you move. "Even if you don't exercise, if you ate re […]szdanow
- Pepsi Says It Will Take Aspartame Out Of Diet Soda (But There's A Catch)Leah Zerbe from Rodalenews.comDue to increasing public pressure to get aspartame—a fake sweetener linked to headaches and other health problems—out of its products, Pepsi announced Friday it will remove the ingredient from several diet soda products by late this summer. "Diet cola drinkers in the U.S. told us they wanted aspartame-free Diet Pepsi and we […]mmessing
- 10 Things To Never Say To Someone With CancerMelissa FiorenzaNo matter who it is—a family member, a friend, or even just an acquaintance—when someone you know is diagnosed with cancer, it's easy to become tongue-tied. You want to say the right thing, but what if it comes out wrong? You want to be there for her, but how? And often times, common platitudes and simple remarks can actually be hurtful […]emFrey