What does Social Media have to do with Ministry?
There are some wonderful ways to share your faith with others online, and to help others with ministry.
1. Prayer Requests – you can share your requests, and help others with their request. Feel free to leave your prayer requests in the comments section, and I encourage everyone to help pray for each other.
2. Bible verses and Bible stories – sharing encouraging passages and stories online will bring more light and hope into the world.
3. Testimonials and personal stories of success – Any time that God blesses you, it is an opportunity to display your gratitude and share it with others to encourage them.
We are always interested in sharing and helping others, and being online is an amazing opportunity to bring love and hope to every corner of the earth instantly!
Learning about our world, and the way that people have to fight to live in faith is so important.
Our good friends Dan and Norma Wooding have a ministry called ASSIST – Aid to Special Saints in Strategic Times.
We worked with them in the “olden” days when communication with people in other countries was by post! It took weeks to hear back and forth in those days.
Now they share information instantly on the internet. Very cool.
Check out their news service at http://www.assistnews.net/
This is their gateway website http://www.assist-ministries.com/
There are also a number of great websites for prayer support!
If a website asks you to pay for a prayer request, just leave! If they just ask for donations in general, that is ok. No one can ever charge you to pray for you!!
You can do your own search, or try some of these sites –
Free Bible Study Info (there are lots more, too)
Christian Support Chats, just a start – you can find others, too
Tell us sites that you like to use in the comments!
Bruce and Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Take The 10K Challenge – 35 Min. A Day http://bit.ly/witt10k
- 58,411 hits
- To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. - Thomas Edison 2 hours ago
- Saw this on Pinterest. I have always been passionate about whales and aquatic life. I was a fan of Jaques... fb.me/7hJaZ1S6Q 4 hours ago
- Saw this on Pinterest. I have always been passionate about whales and aquatic life. I was a… plus.google.com/+SallyKWitt/po… http://t.co/IR6UsVsNqP 4 hours ago
- G+: Always love Mark Twain! (Always love Mark Twain!) goo.gl/lcT1Kq 5 hours ago
- G+: Saw this on Pinterest. @I have always been passionate about whales and aquatic life. @I was a fan of Jaques… goo.gl/4dI9Xc 5 hours ago
- 3 "Instant" Anti-Agers That Actually WorkJessica ChiaTouted as short-term alternatives to fillers and face-lifts, at-home gadgets can seem too good to be true. Prevention staffers put 3 to the test: NuFace Mini Facial Toning Device ($199, mynuface.com) The claim: Microcurrents stimulate muscles for a tighter, more lifted look. The verdict: "I did one side of my face; it looked tighter for 24 h […]emitchell
- 15 Gentle Pieces Of Advice For When Your Loved One Receives A Terminal DiagnosisElizabeth JenkinsWhen you're the family member or friend of someone who receives a terminal diagnosis, life as you know it can change overnight. We asked people who have been through it themselves—sometimes on multiple occasions—to share their advice for navigating these difficult times. 1. Try to live as normally as possible If you have some time with […]mmessing
- 9 Tips To Get A Perfect Bikini Wax Every TimeJessica ChiaGetting a bikini wax is a lot like doing laundry: A bit of a pain, yet oh-so-gratifying when you're done. But it is possible to make the entire process practically pleasant. Experienced waxing pros Noemi Grupenmager, founder and CEO of Uni K Wax Centers, and Jolie Arsenault and Joann Gibb, co-founders of the Wax Me Too salons in Utah, reveal […]szdanow
- Did Angelina Jolie Make The Right Choice?Sarah KleinThe average woman has about a 12% chance of developing breast cancer at some point in her lifetime. She has about a 1.5% chance of developing ovarian cancer. Due to a mutation in the BRCA1 gene, Angelina Jolie's risk of developing breast cancer was 87% and her risk of ovarian cancer was 50%. Having lost her mother, grandmother, and aunt to ca […]mmessing
- 4 Ways To Troubleshoot Your PlankPlanks are ridiculously effective. The problem, though, is that they're hard as heck to master. Cut pain and fast-track results with these tweaks. MORE: This Wall Workout Will Transform Your BodyJenna Bergen Southerlandszdanow
- How To Cut One Million CaloriesMORE: 8 Wonky Weight Loss Strategies That WorkThe Editors of Preventionmmessing
- 2 Ways To Use Sunflower Seed Oil For Smoother SkinJessica ChiaCoconut oil may be hogging the beauty spotlight at the moment, but a new study in the International Journal of Cosmetic Science suggests that sunflower seed oil may soon get some well-deserved attention for its skin-improving properties. Here's how the super seed helps with: Sensitive skin The just-out research found that when the natural oi […]emitchell
- 6 Simple Ways To Lower Your Stroke Risk (And Why You Need To Worry About It Now)Strokes aren't just an old-person problem: The rate among women in their mid-30s to 50s is on a steep climb. Within all age groups, strokes cause 1 in 19 US deaths. Here are 6 easy simple ways to lower your risk: MORE: Sleeping THIS Many Hours A Night Could Mean Your Stroke Risk Is 46% HigherEmma Haakszdanow
- The 5 Biggest Lies You've Been Told About Your HairTiffany Ayuda for Womenshealthmag.comIf you're like most women, you probably consider your hair your best accessory—so it's no wonder that you'd go to great lengths to keep it in top shape. But are some of your most common beauty rituals, like switching up your shampoo every few months and applying conditioner everywhere, actually doing more h […]mmessing
- 5 Surprising Reasons You're Gaining WeightMarkham HeidTo battle weight gain, we watch what we eat, exercise, and take care to get enough sleep. But it may not be enough, according to new research. Here are some weird things that can trick your body into packing on pounds. You bought the wrong couch Spending too much time in front of the tube isn't the only way your couch can contribute to ballo […]mmessing