What does Social Media have to do with Ministry?
There are some wonderful ways to share your faith with others online, and to help others with ministry.
1. Prayer Requests – you can share your requests, and help others with their request. Feel free to leave your prayer requests in the comments section, and I encourage everyone to help pray for each other.
2. Bible verses and Bible stories – sharing encouraging passages and stories online will bring more light and hope into the world.
3. Testimonials and personal stories of success – Any time that God blesses you, it is an opportunity to display your gratitude and share it with others to encourage them.
We are always interested in sharing and helping others, and being online is an amazing opportunity to bring love and hope to every corner of the earth instantly!
Learning about our world, and the way that people have to fight to live in faith is so important.
Our good friends Dan and Norma Wooding have a ministry called ASSIST – Aid to Special Saints in Strategic Times.
We worked with them in the “olden” days when communication with people in other countries was by post! It took weeks to hear back and forth in those days.
Now they share information instantly on the internet. Very cool.
Check out their news service at http://www.assistnews.net/
This is their gateway website http://www.assist-ministries.com/
There are also a number of great websites for prayer support!
If a website asks you to pay for a prayer request, just leave! If they just ask for donations in general, that is ok. No one can ever charge you to pray for you!!
You can do your own search, or try some of these sites –
Free Bible Study Info (there are lots more, too)
Christian Support Chats, just a start – you can find others, too
Tell us sites that you like to use in the comments!
Bruce and Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Take The 10K Challenge – 35 Min. A Day http://bit.ly/witt10k
- 58,119 hits
- RT @3DPrinting_W: Appreciate your recent Retweets @sallykwitt @rapidprototypin @brianfederal have a great sunday :) 22 minutes ago
- The cats and the dogs all act like this at times at my house! plus.google.com/10381424468674… http://t.co/0u1h8URcgN 7 hours ago
- Sally K Witt, Internet Success 4 You! is out! ln.is/paper.li/sally… Stories via @_TweetManiac @biglove_am @ambitiousdivine 7 hours ago
- More miles for less with Gett –Taxi & Black Car Service's $10 rides across Central Manhattan. awe.sm/t8JgJ fb.me/4bMDcwrYt 9 hours ago
- RT @john_frankel: @SurfAir is the only way to fly http://t.co/UXVqTxU4vQ 9 hours ago
- 5 Weird Signs You Have Celiac Diseaseweird health symptomsdigestive healthmenopauseBone Healthemotional healthYou probably associate Celiac disease—the autoimmune disorder where gluten (the protein in wheat, rye, and barley) damages the villi (small finger-link projections that line the small intestine)—with gastrointestinal awfulness like diarrhea and stomach pain. But brace yourself—there are […]mmessing
- 6 Anti-Aging Beauty Tips That Aren't Worth Your Timeanti-agingskin carebeauty treatmentsIn the pursuit of younger-looking, healthier skin, it's all too easy to get swept up in the latest skin care fads and fancy marketing jargon. However, as the old adage goes: "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." Case in point: These six anti-aging treatments that lack the scientific evidence to […]emitchell
- Which Is Worse: High Fructose Corn Syrup Or Plain Old Sugar?nutritionlow-sugarEat CleanWhile both sweeteners really aren't great, high fructose corn syrup, which is found in a wide variety of highly processed foods and beverages such as baked desserts, salad dressings, ketchup, sodas, and ice cream, is the slightly more dangerous choice. Too much of any sugar is bad for you—in excess, it promotes insulin resista […]szdanow
- Are Allergy Forecasts Completely Bogus?allergiesWhen I was packing for a trip to Florida a couple of weeks ago, I debated whether I should toss in allergy meds along with my sunscreen. Tree pollen is my nose's nemesis, and I didn't want to be sneezy at the Disney parks (after all, they already have a dwarf for that). So I hit the web, and lo and behold, I found three very different poll […]mmessing
- This Is What Your Antidote To Stress Smells Likestressanxietyemotional healthbeauty productsForget the naysayers: There may be a good, scientific reason we love receiving a delivery of fresh roses on Valentine's Day: Their scent jump-starts activity in the parasympathetic nervous system, the antidote to our fight-or-flight response, says a study in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicin […]szdanow
- 25 Chicken Soup Combos Like You've Never Hadrecipesfood curesCooking How-To'shealthy lunch ideashealthy dinner ideasCold & Fluquick recipes MORE: 3 Soups That Fight Cold & Flu FoodMix-And-Match Chicken Soup Recipe IdeasBy 0Marygrace Taylorrecipesmmessing
- 6 Ways To Nail The "No Makeup" Makeup Lookmakeup tutorialsnatural beautybeauty tipsThe holy-grail goal of makeup is to look like you're not wearing any—like you woke up with a dewy complexion, long lashes, and rosy lips. Since that can be a tall order if you're, you know, human, we put together these tips for an easy, no-makeup makeup look that'll leave everyone wondering where you go […]mmessing
- Grass-Fed Meat Is Absolutely Worth The Heftier Price, Says New Researchnutritionorganic foodNew research suggests you might want to shell out the extra dough for grass-fed or pasture-raised meats. A review in Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety found that grass-fed lamb is higher in polyunsaturated fats such as omega 3s—the heart healthy, anti-inflammatory kind—than meat from conventionally raised, grain-fed s […]Amy.Beal
- Sleeping THIS Many Hours A Night Could Up Your Stroke Risk 46%NewsSleepheart healthStrokeYou need sleep, and plenty of it. But sleeping too much—especially if you used to get by on fewer than 6 hours—could signal an impending stroke, suggests research from the journal Neurology. For nearly a decade, UK researchers tracked the sleeping habits and stroke rates of nearly 10,000 middle-aged and older adults. Those who sl […]emitchell
- Tone Your Inner Thighs With These 8 MovesThigh ExercisesworkoutsWorkout TipsFirst things first: It's officially time to put the ridiculous idea of a "thigh gap" behind us. "Women have these unrealistic expectations that their inner thighs aren’t going to touch," says celebrity trainer Rachel Cosgrove. "But unless you have a very specific build, your thighs are going to […]szdanow