What does Social Media have to do with Ministry?
There are some wonderful ways to share your faith with others online, and to help others with ministry.
1. Prayer Requests – you can share your requests, and help others with their request. Feel free to leave your prayer requests in the comments section, and I encourage everyone to help pray for each other.
2. Bible verses and Bible stories – sharing encouraging passages and stories online will bring more light and hope into the world.
3. Testimonials and personal stories of success – Any time that God blesses you, it is an opportunity to display your gratitude and share it with others to encourage them.
We are always interested in sharing and helping others, and being online is an amazing opportunity to bring love and hope to every corner of the earth instantly!
Learning about our world, and the way that people have to fight to live in faith is so important.
Our good friends Dan and Norma Wooding have a ministry called ASSIST – Aid to Special Saints in Strategic Times.
We worked with them in the “olden” days when communication with people in other countries was by post! It took weeks to hear back and forth in those days.
Now they share information instantly on the internet. Very cool.
Check out their news service at http://www.assistnews.net/
This is their gateway website http://www.assist-ministries.com/
There are also a number of great websites for prayer support!
If a website asks you to pay for a prayer request, just leave! If they just ask for donations in general, that is ok. No one can ever charge you to pray for you!!
You can do your own search, or try some of these sites –
Free Bible Study Info (there are lots more, too)
Christian Support Chats, just a start – you can find others, too
Tell us sites that you like to use in the comments!
Bruce and Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Take The 10K Challenge – 35 Min. A Day http://bit.ly/witt10k
- 62,090 hits
- RT @KatieMettner: Come to Snowberry #Minnesota where #Love always finds a way! ow.ly/NERxx #Newadult #Romance #disability https… 4 minutes ago
- fb.me/8conAQQdf 4 minutes ago
- Reach vs Impressions: Understanding Engagement Terms | Sprout Social fb.me/7P88qVlET 4 minutes ago
- Learn more about Hugs, Help and Hope mo.nu/4col?uid=4gCl ☞ justcoz.org https://t.co/TPTRhFcfDS 5 minutes ago
- YouTubers Can Interact With Viewers Via Live Text, Videos, GIFs fb.me/4szH7pgJG 5 minutes ago
- 5 Simple Meals You Can Make In A Cast-Iron SkilletIf you're anything like me, one of the main deterrents from making a nice healthy dinner is the sink full of dishes you're supposed to tackle afterward. After a long day, it's just not gonna happen. But what if we told you that you could simplify your meals and drastically minimize your mountain of plates, pans, and bowls? The new cookbook Cas […]emFrey
- 7 Surprising Ways To Get Your Sweet Fix With ChickpeasThe secret to decadent tasting desserts that are legitimately healthy? Canned chickpeas. We’re serious. These protein-rich legumes have a fairly neutral taste, blend up in a food processor like a dream, and lend the perfect amount of moisture and creaminess to cookies, cakes, and even fudge. Not to mention, they’re jam-packed with protein and fiber, so you a […]emFrey
- 8 Cheap Foods Nutritionists LoveWhether you're grocery shopping for one or trying to feed a large family, the bills can really add up—especially if you're trying to make healthy choices. Wild salmon and organic produce aren't cheap! But don't despair because you're on a budget; there are plenty of good-for-you items that offer a big nutritional bang for your buck. […]emFrey
- I Have Leaky Gut And No One Takes Me SeriouslyThirteen years ago, I hit rock bottom. I had excruciating stomach and intestinal pain, along with uncomfortable gas, bloating, and constipation. A few times I went to the ER for painkiller injections. Food should make you feel good, but everything I ate made me feel bad. I was underweight and malnourished. I couldn't gain weight to save my life. On top […]emFrey
- 4 Diets You Should Never Try—From Women Who Tried ThemIf you've ever battled with stubborn pounds, you've probably turned to a fad diet at one point or another. Perhaps you've tried the low-carb thing, gone gluten-free, or attempted a short-term detox. And if you're like the 4 women below, you totally struck out each time. Here, they share cautionary tales of diets they've tried—from fa […]emFrey
- I Said “Yes” To Everything For A Week, And This Is What HappenedDon't get me wrong. I do believe in the power of "yes." Honest, I do! I'm a dyed-in-the-wool improviser, and the cardinal rule of improv is to always agree and move forward rather than reject ideas, which will get you into a rut. It's called the rule of "Yes, And," and it's very helpful in an improv scene. (Looking to […]emFrey
- 9 Ways Sports Psychologists Motivate Themselves To ExerciseA personal trainer may be able to whip your muscles into shape, and a psychologist can help you work through your body image issues. But if you struggle to stay motivated to exercise, a few sessions with a sports psychologist may offer the most bang for your buck. Sports psychology is a specialized field that focuses on how to improve athletes' well-bei […]emFrey
- This Is What 10,000 Steps A Day Really Looks LikeIn June 2015, Amanda L. of Chambersburg, PA, hit her heaviest weight at 281 pounds. When her doctor diagnosed her with liver disease caused by being overweight, she decided it was time to make some changes. With the help of a Fitbit fitness tracker she started counting steps, and today, at age 35, she's lost nearly 100 pounds. Here's what it took t […]emFrey
- I Tried To Count Every Bite Of Food I Took For A Week, And This Is What HappenedSo far, 2016 has been my year of health: I gave up drinking, cut back on unhealthy carbs, and started going to the gym everyday. I wear my Fitbit religiously (forget 10,000 steps; I regularly hit 20,000 or more), and I record everything I eat via the MyFitnessPal app. I'm feeling better than ever, and I've already lost 20 pounds. But I have 15 more […]emFrey
- 4 Types Of Belly Bulges And How To Fix ThemPaunch. Pooch. Pudge. Whatever you call it, no one wants it. But if you're serious about losing your belly fat, you first have to figure out what's causing it. Sure, sometimes it's as simple as too much ice cream and not enough cardio. But a protruding tummy may also be caused by a number of other reasons, ranging from genetics to a past pregn […]emFrey