Happy Birthday Medicare! Wishing you a long and happy life!
We are happy to celebrate 47 years of Medicare. It is important to get the word out that the programs that we depend on are in danger with the Republican Ryan Budget. This budget would cancel all the advantages of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) and destroy Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security as we know it.
Our Bucks County group of Penn Action and Moveon.org has been working for years on preserving the programs needed for our families. This is not a one time action, but a coordinated effort with related groups.
Athena Ford from The Pennsylvania Health Access Network – organized a great rally today at Congressman Fizpatrick’s office.
Penn Action and Moveon.org coordinated to bring together as many interested people as possible today. Many people also support the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare – NCPSSM.
Art by Theresa BrownGold of Doylestown – telling the stories of the uninsured and under-insured http://artassocialinquiry.org/
It is so important that the current and future leaders of our country preserve the programs that care for the elderly and disabled. We all paid into the programs, and deserve some assurance that the programs will be there for us as we need them.
Theresa BrownGold talks about her art-
- 58,699 hits
- Spirit is an invisible force made visible in all life. - Maya Angelou #quote 35 minutes ago
- Sally K Witt, Internet Success 4 You! is out! ln.is/paper.li/sally… Stories via @veerpali @PaulYoupou @EzhaSan 1 hour ago
- @ibotoolbox thanks so much for sharing. Just added it to my @RebelMouse rbl.ms/1GlNizb 3 hours ago
- RT @ibotoolbox: Twitter Tuesday advertising credit code for IBOtoolbox: "ibotwittertuesday" (no quotes) ibotoolbox.com Share & Re… 3 hours ago
- The path to wisdom is paved with humility. - Tim Fargo #quote 3 hours ago
- 4 No-Equipment Total-Body Toning MovesAlyssa ShafferGet a cardio workout while you firm your trouble zones with this circuit routine from New York City–based trainer Nikki Glor. Research shows that circuits are great for losing fat and toning muscle in minimal time. The payoff: 138 calories in 15 minutes What you'll need: A watch with a timer or second hand To get started: Jog or march in p […]mmessing
- Despite Suffering The Toughest Losses A Mother Can Face, Julia Ellis Found The Will To Keep FightingAmy PaturelLike so many women, I wanted desperately to be a mom. But parenthood didn't come easily for my husband, David, and me. After several grueling rounds of in vitro fertilization and two ectopic pregnancies that resulted in loss, I finally became pregnant with twins—a boy and a girl. I was so excited and relieved. But at 20 weeks, my water broke. […]szdanow
- 10 Ways To Speed Up Your Metabolism In Just One DayJessica MigalaReady to become a lean, mean calorie-burning machine? Getting your metabolism into tip-top shape will help your body burn more calories naturally throughout the day, making it easier to lose weight or maintain it—and you can speed things up in just one day. Read on for your hour-by-hour plan. 7 am: Get outside Wake up, sunshine! Getting exposur […]mmessing
- 5 New Surprisingly High-Protein SnacksIf you're a Prevention reader—and if you're reading this, you are. Thanks!—you know we're pretty obsessed with protein. The potent calorie-burner plays a role in nearly every body function, from building muscle to regulating sleep and boosting immunity. But a person can only take so many snacks of hard boiled eggs. That's why we were part […]emitchell
- 9 Yoga Moves For Stronger, Slimmer AbsThe Editors of FitbieWe all want a bikini-ready midsection, and let’s face it: A strong core requires effort. A great way to burn belly fat and score a sleeker stomach? Roll out your mat. Regularly practicing yoga can shift your ratio of muscle to fat, even when your overall weight stays the same, according to a 2013 University of Arizona review of yoga rese […]mmessing
- The New Diet That Could Lower Your Alzheimer's Risk By 53%Sarah KleinYou probably already load up your plate with brain-boosting foods like fatty fish and dark chocolate, but now there's a new diet plan that could seriously slash your risk of developing Alzheimer's disease—even if you're only so-so about following it. The MIND diet—which stands for Mediterranean-DASH Intervention for Neurodegenerativ […]emitchell
- 18 Inspirational Health Quotes From Your Favorite CelebritiesAmanda KellyIf you're struggling with a diagnosis, dealing with depression, or just trying to find motivation to exercise, it can help to know that you're not alone. The celebrities below have been though it all, and have some wise words to share about wellness. On Cancer "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. So the only thing to re […]emitchell
- One Woman's Amazing 155-Pound Weight Loss StoryAllison Robins for Zumba StoriesAlena Shifrin spent much of her life overweight, checking in at over 305 pounds as far back as college. She was smiling on the outside, but felt trapped and sad on the inside. Her husband Seth, whom she met and fell in love with in college, always found her beautiful, and never made her feel uncomfortable or pressured her to l […]emitchell
- 9 Gross Beauty Habits That Aren't Doing You Any FavorsKrista Bennett DeMaioYou keep hand sanitizer in your bag, never touch anything in a public restroom, and wouldn’t dream of following the 5-second rule. But when it comes to your beauty routine, there’s a good chance you’re unknowingly exposing yourself to infection-causing bacteria, mold, and more. Find out which of your dirty little beauty secrets are just […]szdanow
- This Is The Most Promising Lead Yet On A Cure For Alzheimer'sHarriet BrownHelene DeCoste senses the news could be bad before she and her husband, Russ, even take their seats in the doctor's office. Instead of the one neurologist they expected to see, there are two, and that can't be good. In a moment the couple will have the answer they've been waiting for, an answer that will determine a lot about Hele […]mmessing