Happy Birthday Medicare! Wishing you a long and happy life!
We are happy to celebrate 47 years of Medicare. It is important to get the word out that the programs that we depend on are in danger with the Republican Ryan Budget. This budget would cancel all the advantages of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) and destroy Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security as we know it.
Our Bucks County group of Penn Action and Moveon.org has been working for years on preserving the programs needed for our families. This is not a one time action, but a coordinated effort with related groups.
Athena Ford from The Pennsylvania Health Access Network – organized a great rally today at Congressman Fizpatrick’s office.
Penn Action and Moveon.org coordinated to bring together as many interested people as possible today. Many people also support the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare – NCPSSM.
Art by Theresa BrownGold of Doylestown – telling the stories of the uninsured and under-insured http://artassocialinquiry.org/
It is so important that the current and future leaders of our country preserve the programs that care for the elderly and disabled. We all paid into the programs, and deserve some assurance that the programs will be there for us as we need them.
Theresa BrownGold talks about her art-
- 63,181 hits
- Blue 500px.com/photo/10436045… https://t.co/ITDU5QLnBn RT'd tumorwarrior 1 hour ago
- New story on NPR: The U.S. Has An 'Active Cyber War Underway' To Thwart The North Korean Nuclear Threat ln.is/www.npr.org/20… 1 hour ago
- RT srifer - Scientists made a detailed “roadmap” for meeting the Paris climate goals. It’s eye-opening. vox.com/energy-and-env… via voxdot… 1 hour ago
- Top story: Amid White House Tumult, Pence Offers Trump a Steady Hand nytimes.com/2017/03/28/us/…, see more tweetedtimes.com/media/nytimes/… 2 hours ago
- Top story: Grant Samms on Twitter: "In honor of #Trump scrapping the #CleanPowe… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…, see more tweetedtimes.com/OrganicNation/… 2 hours ago
- 5 Exercises That Will Improve Your Poor Circulation ImmediatelyCirculation is one of those things you probably never think about, even though it's crucial for good health. Your heart pumps about 5 quarts of blood throughout your body's system of blood vessels each minute. When your circulatory system is working well, it delivers oxygen throughout the body and helps to eliminate waste. When circulation is poor, […]emFrey
- 5 Signs Out-Of-Whack Hormones Are Causing Your Stubborn Belly Fat—And How To Fix ThemCan't seem to stop pinching that inch (or three)? Before you blame it on lack of willpower, consider that your hormones may be getting in your way. Research shows that it doesn’t take much of a hormonal upheaval for your body to start packing on the pounds, especially around your midsection. Something as simple as eating carbs for breakfast or getting t […]szdanow
- 10-Minute Dinners That Will Help You Lose Weight—And Keep It Off These 10-minute dinners from Prevention's new book Fit in 10: Slim & Strong—for Life! are perfect for those evenings when you're so hungry you can't get food in your mouth fast enough, or when the mere thought of cooking something complicated has you eyeing those take-out menus. Each recipe contains the right combination of metabolism-revv […]emFrey
- 7 Ways You Can Knock Out Back Pain Without A PillPain is personal. No blood test or scan can tell your doctor how much of it you’re feeling. And what relieves one person's aches might not make a dent in yours. That’s because pain is, literally, all in your head. Like feelings of warmth or pleasure, pain is something your brain creates based on the sensory information it receives from your body, accord […]szdanow
- 3 Effective Inner Thigh Exercises You Can Do Using A TowelFor this inner thigh workout all you need is a smooth floor and a dishtowel or washcloth. And you won't even have to lower onto your back for this one because all the moves are done standing. Just perform these three exercises 10 times on each leg, and then you're done! (Short on time? Try Prevention's new 10-minute workouts and 10-minute meal […]emFrey
- How 10 Sexperts Spice Up Their Own Sex LivesYou and your S.O. used to tear off each other's clothes. You had sex every day (sometimes twice a day), and it was the best time, every time. But now? You can't remember when you had sex that wasn't penciled in between work, grocery shopping, and The Late Show. Yup, you're in a rut. And that's normal! Anyone who's ever been in a […]emFrey
- Is There Scary Bacteria In Your Showerhead Making You Sick? If you spot some mold growing on your shower curtain or door, you're surely grossed out enough to do something about it—and fast. But if you're like most people, you rarely stop to wonder about the bacteria in your shower that you can’t see. Plenty of products—like Shower Clear and EndoSan, among others—claim to protect you from the potentially dan […]emFrey
- 6 Foods Dermatologists Want You To Eat More OfYou can use all the fancy lotions, potions, and creams in the world. But when it comes to having gorgeous, glowing skin, food is your most powerful ally. (It can also be your worst enemy. Hello, sugary junk!) Just ask the experts. We talked to 6 dermatologists to find out about the foods that they reach for on the regular to boost hydration, fight wrinkles a […]emFrey
- 7 Surprising Arthritis Symptoms Every Woman Needs To KnowYou know sore, achy joints are arthritis's hallmark. But pain isn't the only symptom an arthritis sufferer may have to contend with. "In a lot of cases, people notice other things showing up before they ever have pain," says Kevin Shea, MD, an orthopedic surgeon at St. Luke's Health System in Boise. There are more than a dozen differ […]emFrey
- 5 Tasty Ways To Eat The Seed That Packs 10 Grams Of Protein Per ServingYou've probably seen bags of hemp hearts at Whole Foods and passed them up for more approachable flax or chia seeds. But you should definitely consider buying some next time, because these little seeds are loaded with health benefits. Hemp hearts, or shelled hemp seeds, deliver more anti-inflammatory omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and fewer carbs per s […]emFrey