Happy Birthday Medicare! Wishing you a long and happy life!
We are happy to celebrate 47 years of Medicare. It is important to get the word out that the programs that we depend on are in danger with the Republican Ryan Budget. This budget would cancel all the advantages of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) and destroy Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security as we know it.
Our Bucks County group of Penn Action and Moveon.org has been working for years on preserving the programs needed for our families. This is not a one time action, but a coordinated effort with related groups.
Athena Ford from The Pennsylvania Health Access Network – organized a great rally today at Congressman Fizpatrick’s office.
Penn Action and Moveon.org coordinated to bring together as many interested people as possible today. Many people also support the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare – NCPSSM.
Art by Theresa BrownGold of Doylestown – telling the stories of the uninsured and under-insured http://artassocialinquiry.org/
It is so important that the current and future leaders of our country preserve the programs that care for the elderly and disabled. We all paid into the programs, and deserve some assurance that the programs will be there for us as we need them.
Theresa BrownGold talks about her art-
- 58,200 hits
- G+: me too! @LOL (Year of the Meme ~62~ March 3, 2015 #YearOfTheMeme #caturdayeveryday #isawwhatyoudidthere) goo.gl/GDDti8 4 hours ago
- @WebToolsWiki thanks so much for sharing. Just added it to my site rbl.ms/1zI4fPK 4 hours ago
- RT @WebToolsWiki: I want to put a ding in the universe. - Steve Jobs 4 hours ago
- RT @WebToolsWiki: 7 Chrome extensions to save you open tabs overload tnw.co/1lUXxUn http://t.co/lT1xQv4fo7 4 hours ago
- RT @WebToolsWiki: 5 psychological challenges facing wearables, quantified self and behavior change apps tnw.co/1tO5GxZ 4 hours ago
- The Sneaky Health-Food Ingredient That Could Be Making You FatEat CleanFood Trendsweight loss mistakesnutritionNewsSkim the labels on nearly any packaged food and you're bound to find more than a few ingredients that aren't in your kitchen cabinets. But while you're fretting about high-fructose this and artificial that, scientists have discovered a new threat: emulsifiers—chemicals that make normally unm […]mmessing
- Is Your Doctor Making You Sicker?doctorsNewsMedicationsemotional health"Your test results were negative—there's nothing wrong with you. It might be time to see a therapist." Ever hear those words from your doctor? This kind of dismissive feedback isn't just frustrating—it may actually make you sicker, suggests a new study published in The American Journal of Medicine. Yo […]emitchell
- 7 Workout Mistakes Setting You Up For Big-Time Hip PainBone HealthWorkout Tipsyogahealth mistakesThere's no doubt about it: Regular exercise is one of the best ways to protect your hips as you age. Not only will your workouts keep them mobile and strong, they'll keep your weight in check, which reduces your risk of osteoarthritis, and prevent bone loss to slash your osteoporosis risk. However, if you […]mmessing
- The New Reason Your Heart Wants You To Have That Extra Cup Of Coffeeheart healthcaffeineNewsGreat news for coffee lovers: Drinking 3 to 4 cups a day may slash your risk of heart attack, shows new research from BMJ Heart. Compared to people who don’t drink coffee, those who sip 3 or 4 cups a day have 41% less coronary artery calcium (CAC), the study data show. CAC is a well-established marker of heart disease; the more of it […]szdanow
- More Proof You Should Be Eating Organic If You're Wary Of Dangerous Toxinsorganic foodNewsEat CleanFruittoxinsvegetablesYou know you should eat organic, but sometimes, it's just too damn expensive or inconvenient. Or maybe you think that as you long as you rinse that apple, you're good to go, right? Eh, maybe not. Turns out there are new reasons to spend a little bit more money for organic produce, regardless of how much […]mmessing
- 5 Things You Can Make In Your Blender That Aren't Smoothiesquick recipeshealthy lunch ideashealthy dinner ideasEat CleanFact: We love smoothies. All smoothies. Watermelon smoothies. Pineapple smoothies. Even rhubarb smoothies. But we have a feeling your blender might be craving a little adventure—she's capable of so much more! So let her show you what else she can do with these innovative and delicious recipes […]emitchell
- 7 Perfumes To Match Your Every Moodbeauty productsbeauty tipsstressemotional healthWhether you've got sweaty palms before a big meeting or a hellish commute's left you ready for tell anyone (or, everyone!) off, there's a scent that can help rehab your mood: Researchers have found that certain essential oils (aromatic extracts distilled from the seeds, leaves, and petals of plan […]szdanow
- 8 Moves To Build Incredible Balance—And A Rock Solid Coreflat belly exercisesTotal-Body Toning Workoutsyogahealthy habitsanti-agingIcy sidewalks. Uneven pavement. High heels. Even the non-clumsy among us stumble almost daily. "I trip all the time, on the treadmill, or over dumbbells at the gym," says Holly Perkins, a Los Angeles-based celebrity trainer. "But because I'm constantly working on my […]mmessing
- Meet The New Not-Meat That's Giving Tofu A Run For Its MoneyvegetarianproteinNewsvegangluten-freeEat CleanWe get it: You want to try this whole eat-less-meat thing—or even go full-blown vegan—but you don't want to subsist on veggies paired with soy-based meat replacements. Up until recently, soy-based tofu and tempeh, along with gluten-based seitan, were really your only convenient options. But that's all a […]emitchell
- 7 Ways To Declutter Every Room In Your HouseHealthy Homehealthy habitsFor as long as I can remember, I've kept my schedule packed to absolute capacity. I like to stay busy, and I took that to a whole new level when my husband and I moved back to my family farm several years ago to start organic farming (in addition to our full-time jobs). The move was rushed, so packing wasn't as organized a […]szdanow