Happy Birthday Medicare! Wishing you a long and happy life!
We are happy to celebrate 47 years of Medicare. It is important to get the word out that the programs that we depend on are in danger with the Republican Ryan Budget. This budget would cancel all the advantages of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) and destroy Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security as we know it.
Our Bucks County group of Penn Action and Moveon.org has been working for years on preserving the programs needed for our families. This is not a one time action, but a coordinated effort with related groups.
Athena Ford from The Pennsylvania Health Access Network – organized a great rally today at Congressman Fizpatrick’s office.
Penn Action and Moveon.org coordinated to bring together as many interested people as possible today. Many people also support the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare – NCPSSM.
Art by Theresa BrownGold of Doylestown – telling the stories of the uninsured and under-insured http://artassocialinquiry.org/
It is so important that the current and future leaders of our country preserve the programs that care for the elderly and disabled. We all paid into the programs, and deserve some assurance that the programs will be there for us as we need them.
Theresa BrownGold talks about her art-
- 58,422 hits
- Success is the result of good judgement, which is the result of experience, experience is often the result of bad judgement. - Tony Robbins 1 hour ago
- Today stats: 7 followers, 7 unfollowers via uapp.ly 2 hours ago
- Sometimes life takes an unexpected wrong turn in the right direction. - Unknown #quote 4 hours ago
- RT @Late_Bloomers: Thanks to you, dear Sally, and the little mouse that makes it all possible! @sallykwitt 4 hours ago
- RT @MyDago: Appreciate your recent Retweets @sallykwitt @GlobaluxGenesis @GordonTredgold have a great Saturday :) 5 hours ago
- 10 Green Smoothies That Aren't Made With SpinachThank you, spinach, for proving that green smoothies don’t taste like grass, but it’s time to step aside and give other greens a chance. And by greens we mean nutrient-dense leafy vegetables and herbs, like kale and basil, plus superfood ingredients like matcha, a potent green tea powder loaded with disease-fighting antioxidants, and spirulina, a protein-pac […]emitchell
- 3 New Ways To Boost Your Dieting WillpowerMeghan RabbittFor the 100 million dieters—who spent more than $60 billion on diet books, drugs, meal replacements, and health clubs last year—losing weight with tactics that don't cost anything might sound too good to be true. Yet new research proves that each of us has the power to resist junk food, drop a few pounds and even exercise more regularly, s […]szdanow
- 6 Ways To Make Your Smoothie Less Of A Sugar BombCandice Kumai for EatClean.comYou drink smoothies to lose some pounds or maybe the morning after a midnight nacho bender. But if you think your delicious, fruit-packed kale shake is anything other than a green-colored Frosty, you could be deluding yourself. Most smoothies are ridiculously high in sugar—in fact, some can pack as many grams of the sweet stuff […]emitchell
- This Is What It's Like To Have Extraordinarily Heightened SensesVirginia Sole-SmithWhat if we told you that some people look at the color white and see a staggering array of shades? Or that others intuitively know what Thursday tastes like? It's not science fiction: There's a small group of people who experience the world in more dimensions than the rest of us. "Each of these conditions have different und […]emitchell
- 9 Highly Effective Solutions For An Unhappy StomachNext time you're vexed by heartburn, gas, diarrhea, constipation, or even the chronic misery of irritable bowel syndrome, make this compendium of stomach soothers your go-to bathroom read. MORE: 5 Things Most People Mistakenly Write Off As Just Gas PainRichard Laliberteszdanow
- The 8 Best-Tasting No-Bake Bars You'll Ever HaveBars can be diet lifesavers. They make a perfect portable snack, keep you satisfied between meals (and away from the vending machine), and power you up pre- and post-workout. There's only one problem: The store-bought kind often contain some sketchy ingredients (like artificial sweeteners, fake proteins, and icky hydrogenated oils), not to mention they […]mmessing
- 6 Things That Will Happen When You Stop Working OutCindy Kuzma for Men's HealthJust as a good training program builds you up, falling off the workout wagon can have the opposite effect—sometimes almost immediately. Experts call this phenomenon "detraining,” and its consequences can weigh even heavier than the gut you see in the mirror. Fortunately, the condition is fully reversible, as long as you […]szdanow
- What Your Picky Eating Says About YouMarkham HeidWhen it comes to food peccadillos, fussy eaters tend to share the same traits—and two common mental health disorders, shows a recent study from the journal Appetite. There's not much research on the topic of picky eating—or even a precise definition of what makes someone "picky." To fill in some of these blanks, the University of P […]mmessing
- 10 Brilliant Uses For Baby PowderFirst for Women Smart SolutionsSilly, you. Did you really think baby powder was just for tiny baby butts? The folks at First For Women are about to enlighten you with these clever uses. 1. Remove stubborn sand from your scalp You may be a beach bunny, but you hate the feeling of sand in your hair. Shampooing it out takes forever, and the little granules irr […]mmessing
- 3 "Instant" Anti-Agers That Actually WorkJessica ChiaTouted as short-term alternatives to fillers and face-lifts, at-home gadgets can seem too good to be true. Prevention staffers put 3 to the test: NuFace Mini Facial Toning Device ($199, mynuface.com) The claim: Microcurrents stimulate muscles for a tighter, more lifted look. The verdict: "I did one side of my face; it looked tighter for 24 h […]emitchell