Saw “Galaxy Quest” again tonight – fun and it makes good points, too.
We just saw a favorite movie again on cable tonight. I am so glad, because it makes me think of great things to share with you
I LOVE “Galaxy Quest”. It was released in 1999 and always makes me smile.
I really enjoy looking up details of movies and shows on IMDB.com. I love to see people in the cast that I didn’t remember, especially before they were famous!
The director is Dean Parisot. He has directed a lot of great tv shows (like Monk), and another favorite movie of mine – “Home Fries” with Drew Barrymore, Luke Wilson, and Catherine O’Hara.
The movie is available on Netflix.com if you are a member, there.
Tim Allen (Toy Story, The Santa Clause)
Sigourney Weaver (Avatar)
Alan Rickman (Harry Potter)
Tony Shalhoub (Monk)
Justin Long (Dodgeball)
Enrico Colantoni (Just Shoot Me!)
The story is very sweet and appeals to kids as well as middle aged geezers who grew up on Star Treik! That’s me. LOL
The group was in a tv show, kind of like Star Trek. Now, they do conventions, paid appearances, etc. Tim Allen’s character is bored, sloppy, rude, and drunk.
Tim Allen has a great story line where he learns to be fair and be a man, and share credit with his friends.
Then a group of real aliens come to Tim Allen for help. They think that the “historical documents” (the tv shows that they saw) were real, and that this crew can save their species.
Enrico Colatoni is just amazing in this movie. He plays the reluctant leader of a species of aliens that look kind of like octopuses (I had to look up the correct plural for octopus!). They have a device that gives them a human form. He is a sweet and innocent creature, in difficult circumstances.
The TV show’s catch phrase was “Never Give Up, Never Surrender”.
How great for our lives as well!
You can give up on your dreams. You can never surrender to your fear and anxiety about success.
We want to help you!
Join our international team at the 10K Challenge! http://ibourl.net/WittTeam
- 62,211 hits
- Facebook group for as many Family Friendly ads that you want to share!! facebook.com/groups/3194698… *share free ads* https://t.co/UIr1IIM1dK 21 minutes ago
- New Google+ Community "How Many Places Can We Connect" Post ur profiles & connect 4 FREE! plus.google.com/u/0/communitie… https://t.co/WoS0DFe1CM 21 minutes ago
- Sometimes you need more than 140 characters! empeopled.com/invitedby/sall… https://t.co/wK0SEHPLbR 32 minutes ago
- EVAN SHWEKY,ESQ./MBA is now following me on Twitter! Thank you for the follow - Always #followback #FamilyFriendly… twitter.com/MANDOWN_COM 46 minutes ago
- Cheap box set is now following me on Twitter! Thank you for the follow - Always #followback #FamilyFriendly only twitter.com/Cheapboxset 1 hour ago
- The Best Way To Apply Blush, According To Your Face ShapePress pause on that contouring tutorial: The quickest, easiest way to get sculpted cheeks is to adjust your blush, says makeup artist Katey Denno. Here, her top tips for different face shapes. MORE: How To Wear Blush Without Looking Like A Clown 1. Long Jen Davis Apply pigment in a circle, on the apples of the cheeks or just above them. If your formula has s […]emFrey
- I Banned The Snooze Button For A Week, And This Is What HappenedI have an unhealthy relationship with the snooze button. As in, I hit it 2 to 3 times each morning…on two separate, staggered alarms (one on a regular digital clock, the other on my iPhone because my cat often steps on the buttons of my digital clock during his attempts to wake me in the night). Once I'm out of bed, I'm actually a pretty peppy morn […]emitchell
- 3 Ways To Refuel After A Workout That Are Better For You Than Organic GatoradeIn a world filled with food wonders like biscuits and gravy-flavored potato chips and bacon-infused vodka, it was only a matter of time before someone decided that civilization should also have organic Gatorade. (Here are 7 "health" foods that aren't.) And indeed, the time has come. Last month, the Gatorade gods rolled out a certified-organic […]emFrey
- People Are Snorting Chocolate—Here’s WhyChocolate has been touted for everything from heart health to weight loss. And apparently, it can get you kinda high. It sounds like something out of an R-rated version of Willy Wonka, but using raw cacao powder—yes, the stuff that chocolate is made from—as a drug is catching on. Partyers at some LA events are snorting the stuff for a buzz that’s both legal […]emFrey
- 5 Simple Meals You Can Make In A Cast-Iron SkilletIf you're anything like me, one of the main deterrents from making a nice healthy dinner is the sink full of dishes you're supposed to tackle afterward. After a long day, it's just not gonna happen. But what if we told you that you could simplify your meals and drastically minimize your mountain of plates, pans, and bowls? The new cookbook Cas […]emFrey
- 7 Surprising Ways To Get Your Sweet Fix With ChickpeasThe secret to decadent tasting desserts that are legitimately healthy? Canned chickpeas. We’re serious. These protein-rich legumes have a fairly neutral taste, blend up in a food processor like a dream, and lend the perfect amount of moisture and creaminess to cookies, cakes, and even fudge. Not to mention, they’re jam-packed with protein and fiber, so you a […]emFrey
- 8 Cheap Foods Nutritionists LoveWhether you're grocery shopping for one or trying to feed a large family, the bills can really add up—especially if you're trying to make healthy choices. Wild salmon and organic produce aren't cheap! But don't despair because you're on a budget; there are plenty of good-for-you items that offer a big nutritional bang for your buck. […]emFrey
- I Have Leaky Gut And No One Takes Me SeriouslyThirteen years ago, I hit rock bottom. I had excruciating stomach and intestinal pain, along with uncomfortable gas, bloating, and constipation. A few times I went to the ER for painkiller injections. Food should make you feel good, but everything I ate made me feel bad. I was underweight and malnourished. I couldn't gain weight to save my life. On top […]emFrey
- 4 Diets You Should Never Try—From Women Who Tried ThemIf you've ever battled with stubborn pounds, you've probably turned to a fad diet at one point or another. Perhaps you've tried the low-carb thing, gone gluten-free, or attempted a short-term detox. And if you're like the 4 women below, you totally struck out each time. Here, they share cautionary tales of diets they've tried—from fa […]emFrey
- I Said “Yes” To Everything For A Week, And This Is What HappenedDon't get me wrong. I do believe in the power of "yes." Honest, I do! I'm a dyed-in-the-wool improviser, and the cardinal rule of improv is to always agree and move forward rather than reject ideas, which will get you into a rut. It's called the rule of "Yes, And," and it's very helpful in an improv scene. (Looking to […]emFrey