Saw “Galaxy Quest” again tonight – fun and it makes good points, too.
We just saw a favorite movie again on cable tonight. I am so glad, because it makes me think of great things to share with you
I LOVE “Galaxy Quest”. It was released in 1999 and always makes me smile.
I really enjoy looking up details of movies and shows on IMDB.com. I love to see people in the cast that I didn’t remember, especially before they were famous!
The director is Dean Parisot. He has directed a lot of great tv shows (like Monk), and another favorite movie of mine – “Home Fries” with Drew Barrymore, Luke Wilson, and Catherine O’Hara.
The movie is available on Netflix.com if you are a member, there.
Tim Allen (Toy Story, The Santa Clause)
Sigourney Weaver (Avatar)
Alan Rickman (Harry Potter)
Tony Shalhoub (Monk)
Justin Long (Dodgeball)
Enrico Colantoni (Just Shoot Me!)
The story is very sweet and appeals to kids as well as middle aged geezers who grew up on Star Treik! That’s me. LOL
The group was in a tv show, kind of like Star Trek. Now, they do conventions, paid appearances, etc. Tim Allen’s character is bored, sloppy, rude, and drunk.
Tim Allen has a great story line where he learns to be fair and be a man, and share credit with his friends.
Then a group of real aliens come to Tim Allen for help. They think that the “historical documents” (the tv shows that they saw) were real, and that this crew can save their species.
Enrico Colatoni is just amazing in this movie. He plays the reluctant leader of a species of aliens that look kind of like octopuses (I had to look up the correct plural for octopus!). They have a device that gives them a human form. He is a sweet and innocent creature, in difficult circumstances.
The TV show’s catch phrase was “Never Give Up, Never Surrender”.
How great for our lives as well!
You can give up on your dreams. You can never surrender to your fear and anxiety about success.
We want to help you!
Join our international team at the 10K Challenge! http://ibourl.net/WittTeam
- 62,110 hits
- "You've got to win in your mind before you win in your life." -- John Addison 15 minutes ago
- Top story: Hillary Clinton tears Trump apart with 9 tweets mashable.com/2016/09/30/hil…, see more tweetedtimes.com/v/7039?s=tnp 16 minutes ago
- Top story: In Hacked Audio, Hillary Clinton Rethinks Obama’s Nuclear Upgrade Pl… nytimes.com/2016/09/30/us/…, see more tweetedtimes.com/media/nytimes/… 18 minutes ago
- Top story: Ugly Produce! on the App Store itunes.apple.com/us/app/ugly-pr…, see more tweetedtimes.com/OrganicNation/… 18 minutes ago
- New story on NPR: Texas Pulls Out Of Federal Refugee Resettlement Program ln.is/www.npr.org/se… 25 minutes ago
- 5 Simple Meals You Can Make In A Cast-Iron SkilletIf you're anything like me, one of the main deterrents from making a nice healthy dinner is the sink full of dishes you're supposed to tackle afterward. After a long day, it's just not gonna happen. But what if we told you that you could simplify your meals and drastically minimize your mountain of plates, pans, and bowls? The new cookbook Cas […]emFrey
- 7 Surprising Ways To Get Your Sweet Fix With ChickpeasThe secret to decadent tasting desserts that are legitimately healthy? Canned chickpeas. We’re serious. These protein-rich legumes have a fairly neutral taste, blend up in a food processor like a dream, and lend the perfect amount of moisture and creaminess to cookies, cakes, and even fudge. Not to mention, they’re jam-packed with protein and fiber, so you a […]emFrey
- 8 Cheap Foods Nutritionists LoveWhether you're grocery shopping for one or trying to feed a large family, the bills can really add up—especially if you're trying to make healthy choices. Wild salmon and organic produce aren't cheap! But don't despair because you're on a budget; there are plenty of good-for-you items that offer a big nutritional bang for your buck. […]emFrey
- I Have Leaky Gut And No One Takes Me SeriouslyThirteen years ago, I hit rock bottom. I had excruciating stomach and intestinal pain, along with uncomfortable gas, bloating, and constipation. A few times I went to the ER for painkiller injections. Food should make you feel good, but everything I ate made me feel bad. I was underweight and malnourished. I couldn't gain weight to save my life. On top […]emFrey
- 4 Diets You Should Never Try—From Women Who Tried ThemIf you've ever battled with stubborn pounds, you've probably turned to a fad diet at one point or another. Perhaps you've tried the low-carb thing, gone gluten-free, or attempted a short-term detox. And if you're like the 4 women below, you totally struck out each time. Here, they share cautionary tales of diets they've tried—from fa […]emFrey
- I Said “Yes” To Everything For A Week, And This Is What HappenedDon't get me wrong. I do believe in the power of "yes." Honest, I do! I'm a dyed-in-the-wool improviser, and the cardinal rule of improv is to always agree and move forward rather than reject ideas, which will get you into a rut. It's called the rule of "Yes, And," and it's very helpful in an improv scene. (Looking to […]emFrey
- 9 Ways Sports Psychologists Motivate Themselves To ExerciseA personal trainer may be able to whip your muscles into shape, and a psychologist can help you work through your body image issues. But if you struggle to stay motivated to exercise, a few sessions with a sports psychologist may offer the most bang for your buck. Sports psychology is a specialized field that focuses on how to improve athletes' well-bei […]emFrey
- This Is What 10,000 Steps A Day Really Looks LikeIn June 2015, Amanda L. of Chambersburg, PA, hit her heaviest weight at 281 pounds. When her doctor diagnosed her with liver disease caused by being overweight, she decided it was time to make some changes. With the help of a Fitbit fitness tracker she started counting steps, and today, at age 35, she's lost nearly 100 pounds. Here's what it took t […]emFrey
- I Tried To Count Every Bite Of Food I Took For A Week, And This Is What HappenedSo far, 2016 has been my year of health: I gave up drinking, cut back on unhealthy carbs, and started going to the gym everyday. I wear my Fitbit religiously (forget 10,000 steps; I regularly hit 20,000 or more), and I record everything I eat via the MyFitnessPal app. I'm feeling better than ever, and I've already lost 20 pounds. But I have 15 more […]emFrey
- 4 Types Of Belly Bulges And How To Fix ThemPaunch. Pooch. Pudge. Whatever you call it, no one wants it. But if you're serious about losing your belly fat, you first have to figure out what's causing it. Sure, sometimes it's as simple as too much ice cream and not enough cardio. But a protruding tummy may also be caused by a number of other reasons, ranging from genetics to a past pregn […]emFrey