Saw “Galaxy Quest” again tonight – fun and it makes good points, too.
We just saw a favorite movie again on cable tonight. I am so glad, because it makes me think of great things to share with you
I LOVE “Galaxy Quest”. It was released in 1999 and always makes me smile.
I really enjoy looking up details of movies and shows on IMDB.com. I love to see people in the cast that I didn’t remember, especially before they were famous!
The director is Dean Parisot. He has directed a lot of great tv shows (like Monk), and another favorite movie of mine – “Home Fries” with Drew Barrymore, Luke Wilson, and Catherine O’Hara.
The movie is available on Netflix.com if you are a member, there.
Tim Allen (Toy Story, The Santa Clause)
Sigourney Weaver (Avatar)
Alan Rickman (Harry Potter)
Tony Shalhoub (Monk)
Justin Long (Dodgeball)
Enrico Colantoni (Just Shoot Me!)
The story is very sweet and appeals to kids as well as middle aged geezers who grew up on Star Treik! That’s me. LOL
The group was in a tv show, kind of like Star Trek. Now, they do conventions, paid appearances, etc. Tim Allen’s character is bored, sloppy, rude, and drunk.
Tim Allen has a great story line where he learns to be fair and be a man, and share credit with his friends.
Then a group of real aliens come to Tim Allen for help. They think that the “historical documents” (the tv shows that they saw) were real, and that this crew can save their species.
Enrico Colatoni is just amazing in this movie. He plays the reluctant leader of a species of aliens that look kind of like octopuses (I had to look up the correct plural for octopus!). They have a device that gives them a human form. He is a sweet and innocent creature, in difficult circumstances.
The TV show’s catch phrase was “Never Give Up, Never Surrender”.
How great for our lives as well!
You can give up on your dreams. You can never surrender to your fear and anxiety about success.
We want to help you!
Join our international team at the 10K Challenge! http://ibourl.net/WittTeam
- 58,198 hits
- LOL!! Emily Chandler Stacey Schultz Herrick Cathy Clemens Leary Cathy Sykes Kathleen A. Grassel Debra... fb.me/1YY4LlhEF 12 minutes ago
- So true! Robin Stelly Clare Finkel Cathy Clemens Leary Bob Mason Steve Cickay fb.me/1Y30EGyyp 15 minutes ago
- fb.me/1tZNJn4qh 18 minutes ago
- fb.me/24Uwt2gkk 18 minutes ago
- @rictownsend thanks so much for sharing. Just added it to my site rbl.ms/1jgQ10C 19 minutes ago
- The Sneaky Health-Food Ingredient That Could Be Making You FatEat CleanFood Trendsweight loss mistakesnutritionNewsSkim the labels on nearly any packaged food and you're bound to find more than a few ingredients that aren't in your kitchen cabinets. But while you're fretting about high-fructose this and artificial that, scientists have discovered a new threat: emulsifiers—chemicals that make normally unm […]mmessing
- Is Your Doctor Making You Sicker?doctorsNewsMedicationsemotional health"Your test results were negative—there's nothing wrong with you. It might be time to see a therapist." Ever hear those words from your doctor? This kind of dismissive feedback isn't just frustrating—it may actually make you sicker, suggests a new study published in The American Journal of Medicine. Yo […]emitchell
- 7 Workout Mistakes Setting You Up For Big-Time Hip PainBone HealthWorkout Tipsyogahealth mistakesThere's no doubt about it: Regular exercise is one of the best ways to protect your hips as you age. Not only will your workouts keep them mobile and strong, they'll keep your weight in check, which reduces your risk of osteoarthritis, and prevent bone loss to slash your osteoporosis risk. However, if you […]mmessing
- The New Reason Your Heart Wants You To Have That Extra Cup Of Coffeeheart healthcaffeineNewsGreat news for coffee lovers: Drinking 3 to 4 cups a day may slash your risk of heart attack, shows new research from BMJ Heart. Compared to people who don’t drink coffee, those who sip 3 or 4 cups a day have 41% less coronary artery calcium (CAC), the study data show. CAC is a well-established marker of heart disease; the more of it […]szdanow
- More Proof You Should Be Eating Organic If You're Wary Of Dangerous Toxinsorganic foodNewsEat CleanFruittoxinsvegetablesYou know you should eat organic, but sometimes, it's just too damn expensive or inconvenient. Or maybe you think that as you long as you rinse that apple, you're good to go, right? Eh, maybe not. Turns out there are new reasons to spend a little bit more money for organic produce, regardless of how much […]mmessing
- 5 Things You Can Make In Your Blender That Aren't Smoothiesquick recipeshealthy lunch ideashealthy dinner ideasEat CleanFact: We love smoothies. All smoothies. Watermelon smoothies. Pineapple smoothies. Even rhubarb smoothies. But we have a feeling your blender might be craving a little adventure—she's capable of so much more! So let her show you what else she can do with these innovative and delicious recipes […]emitchell
- 7 Perfumes To Match Your Every Moodbeauty productsbeauty tipsstressemotional healthWhether you've got sweaty palms before a big meeting or a hellish commute's left you ready for tell anyone (or, everyone!) off, there's a scent that can help rehab your mood: Researchers have found that certain essential oils (aromatic extracts distilled from the seeds, leaves, and petals of plan […]szdanow
- 8 Moves To Build Incredible Balance—And A Rock Solid Coreflat belly exercisesTotal-Body Toning Workoutsyogahealthy habitsanti-agingIcy sidewalks. Uneven pavement. High heels. Even the non-clumsy among us stumble almost daily. "I trip all the time, on the treadmill, or over dumbbells at the gym," says Holly Perkins, a Los Angeles-based celebrity trainer. "But because I'm constantly working on my […]mmessing
- Meet The New Not-Meat That's Giving Tofu A Run For Its MoneyvegetarianproteinNewsvegangluten-freeEat CleanWe get it: You want to try this whole eat-less-meat thing—or even go full-blown vegan—but you don't want to subsist on veggies paired with soy-based meat replacements. Up until recently, soy-based tofu and tempeh, along with gluten-based seitan, were really your only convenient options. But that's all a […]emitchell
- 7 Ways To Declutter Every Room In Your HouseHealthy Homehealthy habitsFor as long as I can remember, I've kept my schedule packed to absolute capacity. I like to stay busy, and I took that to a whole new level when my husband and I moved back to my family farm several years ago to start organic farming (in addition to our full-time jobs). The move was rushed, so packing wasn't as organized a […]szdanow