Saw “Galaxy Quest” again tonight – fun and it makes good points, too.
We just saw a favorite movie again on cable tonight. I am so glad, because it makes me think of great things to share with you
I LOVE “Galaxy Quest”. It was released in 1999 and always makes me smile.
I really enjoy looking up details of movies and shows on IMDB.com. I love to see people in the cast that I didn’t remember, especially before they were famous!
The director is Dean Parisot. He has directed a lot of great tv shows (like Monk), and another favorite movie of mine – “Home Fries” with Drew Barrymore, Luke Wilson, and Catherine O’Hara.
The movie is available on Netflix.com if you are a member, there.
Tim Allen (Toy Story, The Santa Clause)
Sigourney Weaver (Avatar)
Alan Rickman (Harry Potter)
Tony Shalhoub (Monk)
Justin Long (Dodgeball)
Enrico Colantoni (Just Shoot Me!)
The story is very sweet and appeals to kids as well as middle aged geezers who grew up on Star Treik! That’s me. LOL
The group was in a tv show, kind of like Star Trek. Now, they do conventions, paid appearances, etc. Tim Allen’s character is bored, sloppy, rude, and drunk.
Tim Allen has a great story line where he learns to be fair and be a man, and share credit with his friends.
Then a group of real aliens come to Tim Allen for help. They think that the “historical documents” (the tv shows that they saw) were real, and that this crew can save their species.
Enrico Colatoni is just amazing in this movie. He plays the reluctant leader of a species of aliens that look kind of like octopuses (I had to look up the correct plural for octopus!). They have a device that gives them a human form. He is a sweet and innocent creature, in difficult circumstances.
The TV show’s catch phrase was “Never Give Up, Never Surrender”.
How great for our lives as well!
You can give up on your dreams. You can never surrender to your fear and anxiety about success.
We want to help you!
Join our international team at the 10K Challenge! http://ibourl.net/WittTeam
- 59,402 hits
- RT @RemoAPollastri: Do Youself Some Good and Have Fun - Lifelong Learning at Any Age! wp.me/p4x3Nv-4R via @sallykwitt 6 minutes ago
- That Piece of Debris Won’t Tell Us Where MH370 Crashed ln.is/weeder.org/OfF… #tech #science 9 minutes ago
- Very cool new social network. Grow your influence! FREE – Join us! dashburst.com/sallykwitt 11 minutes ago
- The New Google Glass Is Just for the Workplace ln.is/weeder.org/QoC… #tech #science 37 minutes ago
- Top story: Unknown assailant destroys hitchhiking robot in Philadelphia mashable.com/2015/08/01/hit…, see more tweetedtimes.com/v/7039?s=tnp 1 hour ago
- 9 Things No One Ever Tells You About Getting A Hip ReplacementA little over three months ago, I had a hip arthroplasty, otherwise known as a Total Hip Replacement, at age 42 (OK, it was a week before my 43rd birthday, but I'm sticking with 42). I know I'm not the youngest by far to get a THR, but I am indeed below the average age of 65+ for this orthopedic procedure. I needed it. My decrepit right hip basical […]emitchell
- The 8 Most Preventable Cancers—And How To Slash Your RiskCancer often hits like a bolt of lightning—totally unforeseen, seemingly random, chalked up to a bad genetic hand or other forces outside of our control. But at least a third of all cancer cases are actually preventable, according to the World Health Organization. And with an estimated 1,658,370 new cases expected to be diagnosed this year (not including bas […]szdanow
- How To Turn Off Your Weight Gain HormonesFrom the book The Hormone Reset Diet: Balance your Hormones and Lose up to 15 pounds in just 3 weeks! by Sara Gottfried. Copyright © 2015 by Sara Gottfried. Reprinted by permission of HarperOne, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers. Here's a mind-bender: Being overweight often has nothing to do with calories or exercise. For a huge number of us, the p […]mmessing
- Your Ultimate Anti-Aging Walking WorkoutWe've been putting one foot in front of the other for so long that it's easy to forget that walking is one of the most effective ways to look and feel 10 (or even 20!) years younger. "Just 30 to 45 minutes 5 days a week combats so many unwanted side effects of aging, including weight gain, a slow metabolism, diabetes, depression, high blood pr […]mmessing
- 8 Foods With A Big Weight Loss SecretIf you're new to the world of resistant starch, here's what you need to know: Resistant starch (or RS) is a type of carbohydrate that we can't digest, so it has no caloric value. But it's not just a one-trick pony: Research shows RS can also help us lose weight by decreasing hunger and fat storage while increasing fat burn. Plus, it may e […]mmessing
- What Your Favorite TV Show Says About Your PersonalityYou know what you like about your favorite show, whether it’s the plot twists, one-liners, or rich characters. But what does your show say about you? Recent research from Tip Tap Labs, a software company that applies psychological analysis to social media commentary, has found that our viewing habits say a lot about our personality. If you like Parks and Rec […]emFrey
- 25 Thoughts Everybody Has In Their First Yoga ClassYou walk into your very first yoga class with absolutely no idea what to expect. Lights are dimmed, soft music is playing, and there's a whole lot of spandex. Here's what's probably going through your head... 1. Yoga mat (check), towel (check), water (check). I got this! (I hope) 2. The music is so relaxing. I feel more Zen already. 3. Whoa, […]szdanow
- 11 Ways To Sleep Better TonightThe article 11 Ways to Improve Your Sleep Hygiene originally ran on RodaleNews.com and is adapted from The Exhaustion Breakthrough. While sleep needs vary, most adults require 7 to 9 hours per night. The best way to determine how much sleep you need is to do a little experiment: First, try to catch up on sleep for several nights on a weeklong vacation during […]emitchell
- The Unbelievable Reason You're Short On Vitamin DNutrition experts have been grumbling for years that the government got our vitamin D recommendations wrong. When the Institute of Medicine (IOM) guidelines of 600 IU a day were released in 2010, respected Harvard professor Walter Willett, MD, primary researcher behind the Mediterranean Diet, stated publicly that this wasn't enough—especially for people […]mmessing
- 10 Stuffed Avocado Recipes You're About To Start CravingAvocados: they’re not just for guacamole. Proof? These 10 delectable blogger recipes, all featuring avocados scooped and loaded with delicious fillings, perfect for lunch, dinner and everything in between.szdanow