Saw “Galaxy Quest” again tonight – fun and it makes good points, too.
We just saw a favorite movie again on cable tonight. I am so glad, because it makes me think of great things to share with you
I LOVE “Galaxy Quest”. It was released in 1999 and always makes me smile.
I really enjoy looking up details of movies and shows on IMDB.com. I love to see people in the cast that I didn’t remember, especially before they were famous!
The director is Dean Parisot. He has directed a lot of great tv shows (like Monk), and another favorite movie of mine – “Home Fries” with Drew Barrymore, Luke Wilson, and Catherine O’Hara.
The movie is available on Netflix.com if you are a member, there.
Tim Allen (Toy Story, The Santa Clause)
Sigourney Weaver (Avatar)
Alan Rickman (Harry Potter)
Tony Shalhoub (Monk)
Justin Long (Dodgeball)
Enrico Colantoni (Just Shoot Me!)
The story is very sweet and appeals to kids as well as middle aged geezers who grew up on Star Treik! That’s me. LOL
The group was in a tv show, kind of like Star Trek. Now, they do conventions, paid appearances, etc. Tim Allen’s character is bored, sloppy, rude, and drunk.
Tim Allen has a great story line where he learns to be fair and be a man, and share credit with his friends.
Then a group of real aliens come to Tim Allen for help. They think that the “historical documents” (the tv shows that they saw) were real, and that this crew can save their species.
Enrico Colatoni is just amazing in this movie. He plays the reluctant leader of a species of aliens that look kind of like octopuses (I had to look up the correct plural for octopus!). They have a device that gives them a human form. He is a sweet and innocent creature, in difficult circumstances.
The TV show’s catch phrase was “Never Give Up, Never Surrender”.
How great for our lives as well!
You can give up on your dreams. You can never surrender to your fear and anxiety about success.
We want to help you!
Join our international team at the 10K Challenge! http://ibourl.net/WittTeam
- 60,168 hits
- Promote unlimited number of banners and text ads for FREE ln.is/ibourl.com/mNn… 45 minutes ago
- Thanks to my top interactors! @BluesBro @tafqayoom @RalphCapocci @TM_CE #tweetjukebox via ln.is/www.tweetjukeb… 1 hour ago
- 12StarSocial – so much for free! Manage your social media/twitter accounts! ln.is/www.ibourl.com… 1 hour ago
- Top story: Paris climate summit: the climate circus comes to town | Suzanne Gol… theguardian.com/environment/20…, see more tweetedtimes.com/nathanschock/g… 1 hour ago
- Please #FOLLOW my nephew's twitter account! Thanks. He will #followback twitter.com/consultz4urbiz @consultz4urbiz 1 hour ago
- Do You Really Need A Mammogram? 3 Women Who Regret Having ThemWe don't typically think of a mammogram as something to regret. Who could ever regret such a lifesaver? Science is slowly convincing us, however, that more mammograms doesn't necessarily equal more lives saved. More mammograms, in fact, sometimes amount to marred lives. Part of the reason some women are left wishing they never had a mammogram is th […]emFrey
- The New Updated Breast Cancer Screening Guidelines Bring Us Closer To Finally Agreeing About Mammograms. Kind Of.For the first time since 2003, the American Cancer Society has updated its breast cancer screening guidelines, after reviewing the evidence on mammography. So do we now have consensus on when you should start mammograms and how often you should get them? Afraid not, since the ACS's new advice still doesn't align with the guidelines from the United […]emFrey
- 5 Ways To Save $3,064 A YearWe did the math: You'll save $3,064 per year with these 5 wicked-smart changes. 1. Brown-Bag Your Lunch Calories saved: About 200 a day, which could amount to a 20-pound weight loss in a year Average $ recouped: $1,121 in takeout tabs Health bonus: Saves about 10 g of fat and 300 to 415 mg of sodium per meal (Lose up to 15 pounds WITHOUT dieting with Ea […]emitchell
- 10 Stretches For A Pain-Free BackChances are, if you're not suffering from back pain as we speak, then you know someone who is. The following 10 back stretches, from the new book 3 Weeks to a Better Back, will help realign your spine and help correct postural imbalances that can be the underlying source of common back pain. The better your spinal alignment, the better your posture and […]emitchell
- The Essential Nutrient You Need For Strong Bones That You're Probably Not GettingCalcium is the ultimate bone-building nutrient, right? Just down your three glasses of milk a day or pop a supplement, and you're good to go—at least that's the message that's been repeated by countless nutritionists for years. New evidence, however, suggests we should reconsider how much calcium we take and focus instead on an often-overlooke […]emFrey
- 12 Fruits And Veggies That Will Help You Lose The Most WeightWhen it comes to eating cleaner and dropping pounds, loading up on produce is kind of a no-brainer. But some types of fruits and vegetables might be better at helping you lose weight than others, according to a new study published in PLOS Medicine. (Lose up to 15 pounds WITHOUT dieting with Eat Clean to Get Lean, our 21-day clean-eating meal plan.) This is w […]emitchell
- It's Not Food Causing Your Heartburn—Here Are The 5 Real CulpritsOnions, spicy dishes, and fried foods have gotten a bad rap. While there's some evidence these foods can trigger heartburn, experts say how you eat is more important than what you eat when it comes to controlling painful flare-ups. "The old adages about onions and fruit juice and things like that—those foods are not as problematic as we used to thi […]jbroz1
- 3,125 Delicious BLT Combos95798emFrey
- This Is What It's Like To Have A Stroke At 44Jill Stein thought she was too young and healthy to be having a stroke. She was wrong. This is her story. People can't believe it when I tell them I'm recovering from a stroke. After all, I'm only 44, I eat well and exercise, and I don't smoke or have a single stroke risk factor. But April 11, 2015, is the day when I realized a stroke cou […]jbroz1
- 5 Foods That Will Put You In A Rotten MoodYour diet can really wreck your mood—and not just because you still feel guilty for plowing through a pint of praline pecan ice cream the other night. "My clients easily make the connection between being hungry and being in a bad mood—a.k.a. 'hangry'—but they don't often realize that what they eat on a daily basis can also have a direct i […]emitchell