Saw “Galaxy Quest” again tonight – fun and it makes good points, too.
We just saw a favorite movie again on cable tonight. I am so glad, because it makes me think of great things to share with you
I LOVE “Galaxy Quest”. It was released in 1999 and always makes me smile.
I really enjoy looking up details of movies and shows on IMDB.com. I love to see people in the cast that I didn’t remember, especially before they were famous!
The director is Dean Parisot. He has directed a lot of great tv shows (like Monk), and another favorite movie of mine – “Home Fries” with Drew Barrymore, Luke Wilson, and Catherine O’Hara.
The movie is available on Netflix.com if you are a member, there.
Tim Allen (Toy Story, The Santa Clause)
Sigourney Weaver (Avatar)
Alan Rickman (Harry Potter)
Tony Shalhoub (Monk)
Justin Long (Dodgeball)
Enrico Colantoni (Just Shoot Me!)
The story is very sweet and appeals to kids as well as middle aged geezers who grew up on Star Treik! That’s me. LOL
The group was in a tv show, kind of like Star Trek. Now, they do conventions, paid appearances, etc. Tim Allen’s character is bored, sloppy, rude, and drunk.
Tim Allen has a great story line where he learns to be fair and be a man, and share credit with his friends.
Then a group of real aliens come to Tim Allen for help. They think that the “historical documents” (the tv shows that they saw) were real, and that this crew can save their species.
Enrico Colatoni is just amazing in this movie. He plays the reluctant leader of a species of aliens that look kind of like octopuses (I had to look up the correct plural for octopus!). They have a device that gives them a human form. He is a sweet and innocent creature, in difficult circumstances.
The TV show’s catch phrase was “Never Give Up, Never Surrender”.
How great for our lives as well!
You can give up on your dreams. You can never surrender to your fear and anxiety about success.
We want to help you!
Join our international team at the 10K Challenge! http://ibourl.net/WittTeam
- 58,415 hits
- My best retweeters! @WebToolsWiki @GraceMurphy2 @joserom69702423 @BackwardsAhead via ln.is/www.tweetjukeb… 1 hour ago
- Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama #quote 1 hour ago
- My best retweeters! @DawnHillDesigns @av693 @Oress1984 @charlieperkins7 via ln.is/www.tweetjukeb… 1 hour ago
- My best retweeters! @LastMinuteUSVac @gregweir @masonandroid @WheyheyOfficial @Estebanmontalv via ln.is/www.tweetjukeb… 2 hours ago
- @Late_Bloomers Thanks for sharing! You're now featured on rbl.ms/1rTFBLM 4 hours ago
- 3 "Instant" Anti-Agers That Actually WorkJessica ChiaTouted as short-term alternatives to fillers and face-lifts, at-home gadgets can seem too good to be true. Prevention staffers put 3 to the test: NuFace Mini Facial Toning Device ($199, mynuface.com) The claim: Microcurrents stimulate muscles for a tighter, more lifted look. The verdict: "I did one side of my face; it looked tighter for 24 h […]emitchell
- 15 Gentle Pieces Of Advice For When Your Loved One Receives A Terminal DiagnosisElizabeth JenkinsWhen you're the family member or friend of someone who receives a terminal diagnosis, life as you know it can change overnight. We asked people who have been through it themselves—sometimes on multiple occasions—to share their advice for navigating these difficult times. 1. Try to live as normally as possible If you have some time with […]mmessing
- 9 Tips To Get A Perfect Bikini Wax Every TimeJessica ChiaGetting a bikini wax is a lot like doing laundry: A bit of a pain, yet oh-so-gratifying when you're done. But it is possible to make the entire process practically pleasant. Experienced waxing pros Noemi Grupenmager, founder and CEO of Uni K Wax Centers, and Jolie Arsenault and Joann Gibb, co-founders of the Wax Me Too salons in Utah, reveal […]szdanow
- Did Angelina Jolie Make The Right Choice?Sarah KleinThe average woman has about a 12% chance of developing breast cancer at some point in her lifetime. She has about a 1.5% chance of developing ovarian cancer. Due to a mutation in the BRCA1 gene, Angelina Jolie's risk of developing breast cancer was 87% and her risk of ovarian cancer was 50%. Having lost her mother, grandmother, and aunt to ca […]mmessing
- 4 Ways To Troubleshoot Your PlankPlanks are ridiculously effective. The problem, though, is that they're hard as heck to master. Cut pain and fast-track results with these tweaks. MORE: This Wall Workout Will Transform Your BodyJenna Bergen Southerlandszdanow
- How To Cut One Million CaloriesMORE: 8 Wonky Weight Loss Strategies That WorkThe Editors of Preventionmmessing
- 2 Ways To Use Sunflower Seed Oil For Smoother SkinJessica ChiaCoconut oil may be hogging the beauty spotlight at the moment, but a new study in the International Journal of Cosmetic Science suggests that sunflower seed oil may soon get some well-deserved attention for its skin-improving properties. Here's how the super seed helps with: Sensitive skin The just-out research found that when the natural oi […]emitchell
- 6 Simple Ways To Lower Your Stroke Risk (And Why You Need To Worry About It Now)Strokes aren't just an old-person problem: The rate among women in their mid-30s to 50s is on a steep climb. Within all age groups, strokes cause 1 in 19 US deaths. Here are 6 easy simple ways to lower your risk: MORE: Sleeping THIS Many Hours A Night Could Mean Your Stroke Risk Is 46% HigherEmma Haakszdanow
- The 5 Biggest Lies You've Been Told About Your HairTiffany Ayuda for Womenshealthmag.comIf you're like most women, you probably consider your hair your best accessory—so it's no wonder that you'd go to great lengths to keep it in top shape. But are some of your most common beauty rituals, like switching up your shampoo every few months and applying conditioner everywhere, actually doing more h […]mmessing
- 5 Surprising Reasons You're Gaining WeightMarkham HeidTo battle weight gain, we watch what we eat, exercise, and take care to get enough sleep. But it may not be enough, according to new research. Here are some weird things that can trick your body into packing on pounds. You bought the wrong couch Spending too much time in front of the tube isn't the only way your couch can contribute to ballo […]mmessing