Saw “Galaxy Quest” again tonight – fun and it makes good points, too.
We just saw a favorite movie again on cable tonight. I am so glad, because it makes me think of great things to share with you
I LOVE “Galaxy Quest”. It was released in 1999 and always makes me smile.
I really enjoy looking up details of movies and shows on IMDB.com. I love to see people in the cast that I didn’t remember, especially before they were famous!
The director is Dean Parisot. He has directed a lot of great tv shows (like Monk), and another favorite movie of mine – “Home Fries” with Drew Barrymore, Luke Wilson, and Catherine O’Hara.
The movie is available on Netflix.com if you are a member, there.
Tim Allen (Toy Story, The Santa Clause)
Sigourney Weaver (Avatar)
Alan Rickman (Harry Potter)
Tony Shalhoub (Monk)
Justin Long (Dodgeball)
Enrico Colantoni (Just Shoot Me!)
The story is very sweet and appeals to kids as well as middle aged geezers who grew up on Star Treik! That’s me. LOL
The group was in a tv show, kind of like Star Trek. Now, they do conventions, paid appearances, etc. Tim Allen’s character is bored, sloppy, rude, and drunk.
Tim Allen has a great story line where he learns to be fair and be a man, and share credit with his friends.
Then a group of real aliens come to Tim Allen for help. They think that the “historical documents” (the tv shows that they saw) were real, and that this crew can save their species.
Enrico Colatoni is just amazing in this movie. He plays the reluctant leader of a species of aliens that look kind of like octopuses (I had to look up the correct plural for octopus!). They have a device that gives them a human form. He is a sweet and innocent creature, in difficult circumstances.
The TV show’s catch phrase was “Never Give Up, Never Surrender”.
How great for our lives as well!
You can give up on your dreams. You can never surrender to your fear and anxiety about success.
We want to help you!
Join our international team at the 10K Challenge! http://ibourl.net/WittTeam
- 60,707 hits
- Top story: Two-Thirds of the World Faces Severe Water Shortages nytimes.com/2016/02/13/sci…, see more tweetedtimes.com/nathanschock/g… 59 minutes ago
- Top story: @DeptVetAffairs: '#VeteranOfTheDay Harlem Hellfighters @USArmy #369t… https://t.co/lmDUyXvSFq, see more tweetedtimes.com/twitsnationPOL… 59 minutes ago
- * SUPER method of making $$ * EZ instant $20 payments! * GREAT method of advertising/crazy good traffic exchange: ln.is/www.ibourl.com… 59 minutes ago
- RT @scleeaccountant: The Harry Lee Daily is out! paper.li/scleeaccountan… Stories via @sallykwitt 1 hour ago
- All children need hugs, help and hope. Support @operationSAFE mo.nu/4c9V?uid=4gCl ☞ justcoz.org 1 hour ago
- Nativo content411Johnish
- 5 Reasons Sex Addicts Aren't What You ThinkWhile the term is used a lot, New York City sex therapist Ian Kerner, PhD, who treats people who identify as sex addicts, points out that there actually isn't an official "sex addict" diagnosis. Though there was a lot of debate about including it in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition (the standard for mental […]emitchell
- 9 Power Foods That Boost ImmunityIt takes more than an apple a day to keep the doctor away. It turns out that eating some pretty surprising nutrients will help keep your immune system on guard. Cold-Proof Your Family and Block the Flu Naturally! You can ensure your body and immunity run smoothly by rounding out your plate with plenty of colorful servings of fruits and veggies, plus 8 to 10 […]mmessing
- The Hot Solution For Pain: Heat TherapyHeat therapy has been used for centuries by women to combat backaches, muscle pain, joint pain and more. Heat can be great way to manage pain, and start the healing process. It’s effectiveness lies in its ability to penetrate deep into the muscle right where it hurts, to relax, soothe and unlock tight muscles. 3 Ways Heat Heals: • Stimulates the sensory […]emFrey
- Do You Really Need A Mammogram? 3 Women Who Regret Having ThemWe don't typically think of a mammogram as something to regret. Who could ever regret such a lifesaver? Science is slowly convincing us, however, that more mammograms doesn't necessarily equal more lives saved. More mammograms, in fact, sometimes amount to marred lives. Part of the reason some women are left wishing they never had a mammogram is th […]emFrey
- The New Updated Breast Cancer Screening Guidelines Bring Us Closer To Finally Agreeing About Mammograms. Kind Of.For the first time since 2003, the American Cancer Society has updated its breast cancer screening guidelines, after reviewing the evidence on mammography. So do we now have consensus on when you should start mammograms and how often you should get them? Afraid not, since the ACS's new advice still doesn't align with the guidelines from the United […]emFrey
- 5 Ways To Save $3,064 A YearWe did the math: You'll save $3,064 per year with these 5 wicked-smart changes. 1. Brown-Bag Your Lunch Calories saved: About 200 a day, which could amount to a 20-pound weight loss in a year Average $ recouped: $1,121 in takeout tabs Health bonus: Saves about 10 g of fat and 300 to 415 mg of sodium per meal (Lose up to 15 pounds WITHOUT dieting with Ea […]emitchell
- How To Prevent Nail Fungus (And Treat It If It's Already Present)Think the occasional yellow nail isn't anything to worry about? Not so fast. Roughly 50% of all nail discoloration is caused by fungus, which can be pretty tricky to treat—especially if it slipped your mind over the last dozen or so doctor's appointments. And if you have a compromised immune system or are taking certain medications, it can be harde […]emitchell
- 10 Stretches For A Pain-Free BackChances are, if you're not suffering from back pain as we speak, then you know someone who is. The following 10 back stretches, from the new book 3 Weeks to a Better Back, will help realign your spine and help correct postural imbalances that can be the underlying source of common back pain. The better your spinal alignment, the better your posture and […]emitchell
- The Essential Nutrient You Need For Strong Bones That You're Probably Not GettingCalcium is the ultimate bone-building nutrient, right? Just down your three glasses of milk a day or pop a supplement, and you're good to go—at least that's the message that's been repeated by countless nutritionists for years. New evidence, however, suggests we should reconsider how much calcium we take and focus instead on an often-overlooke […]emFrey