We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 62,974 hits
- RT ERStollery: Today, like everyday, I’m keeping #healthy on #worldcancerday courtesy of #thebeansandgreens… … vitw.it/link/Ae9kk 10 minutes ago
- Of all the things I've lost, I miss the part of the brain taken by my brain tumor the most. #BrainTumorThursday #BTSM RT'd tumorwarrior 29 minutes ago
- Top story: WhatsApp hits 200 million active users in India ln.is/mashable.com/2…, see more tweetedtimes.com/v/7039?s=tnp 1 hour ago
- Top story: Doubling Up Healthy, Local Produce at California Groceries | Civil E… ln.is/civileats.com/…, see more tweetedtimes.com/OrganicNation/… 1 hour ago
- Top story: BuzzFeed News on Twitter: "A Kansas man allegedly shot three people … twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/s…, see more tweetedtimes.com/aplusk?s=tnp 1 hour ago
- 4 Women Share Exactly What They Ate To Lose Those Stubborn Last 10 Pounds When you've overhauled your diet and logged countless hours in the gym, it can be maddening when the scale freezes with just 10 pounds left to your goal. What's behind this dreaded weight-loss plateau? Simply put, as you become slimmer, your body requires even fewer calories. (Repeat after us: No more dieting. Ever. Instead, learn how to eat clean— […]emFrey
- 5 Very Best Sex Positions To Help You Orgasm For many women, an orgasm during intercourse is an elusive thing. Because we require clitoral stimulation, the sex position we choose to reach the big "O" can have a big impact. Here are the best positions to try if you're intent on coming during partner sex—or achieving a simultaneous orgasm with your man (and if you're still struggling […]emFrey
- 6 High-Protein Salads That Have No Chicken WhatsoeverYou've been dutifully eating grilled chicken salad for lunch since as far back as you can remember, because it's clean, easy, and loaded with protein. But let's face it: It's gotten boring as heck. Folks, it's time to give the seared poultry a break. Fortunately, trying something new doesn't mean that your nutritional standards […]emFrey
- 10 Minutes To A Flatter, Firmer Belly This 10-minute routine from Prevention’s new Fit in 10: Slim and Strong—for Life! program will help you tone and strengthen your deepest core muscles for a flatter, firmer belly. It combines highly effective Pilates work with essential corrective exercises to help you reactivate weak belly muscles quickly and gently. The result: a tight, toned core that will […]emFrey
- I Tried To Practice Gratitude For My #SpreadTheHealth Challenge, And Here's How It WentPrevention’s #SpreadTheHealth Healthy Habits Challenge asks you to adopt a new healthy habit for a week and invite friends to do the same, creating a community of healthy encouragement. Last month we #SpreadtheHealth to our friends at The Talk, and now we’re doing the same with some top health bloggers, who are sharing their experiences here. With all of th […]emFrey
- I Tried To Walk 10,000 Steps A Day For The #SpreadTheHealth Challenge, And Here's How It WentPrevention’s #SpreadTheHealth Healthy Habits Challenge asks you to adopt a new healthy habit for a week and invite friends to do the same, creating a community of healthy encouragement. Last month we #SpreadtheHealth to our friends at The Talk, and now we’re doing the same with some top health bloggers, who are sharing their experiences here. It's Febr […]emFrey
- 5 Easy Moves To Tone Your Legs FastThis simple routine from the new Fit in 10: Slim and Strong—for Life! program combines ridiculously effective lower body moves with resistance band loops and light hand weights to totally transform your legs and butt. Bonus: the entire routine is only 10 minutes, which makes it easy to squeeze into your busy day. Get started with the routine below, and find […]emFrey
- 11 Foods You Need To Fend Off Sick DaysIn the dark and cold winter months (snow or not!), give your immune system a boost with these foods so you have fewer sick days and more run days. (Repeat after us: No more dieting. Ever. Instead, learn how to eat clean—with zero deprivation!—and watch the pounds drop off, with Your Metabolism Makeover.) 1. Living foods A healthy gut is your strongest ally w […]emFrey
- 7 High-Protein Tacos You Should Be Eating For BreakfastThe perfect breakfast should be three things: quick and easy to make, mouthwateringly tasty, and high enough in protein to keep you full until lunch. Smoothies, scrambled eggs, and yogurt bowls all meet these important benchmarks. But here's another option you haven't considered: tacos. (Repeat after us: No more dieting. Ever. Instead, learn how to […]emFrey
- 6 Autoimmune Diseases That Mess With Your WeightAutoimmune diseases happen when your body's immune system starts attacking its own organs, tissues, and cells. Although they're on the rise, they're also tricky to diagnose. Symptoms can creep up slowly, and many of them—like achy joints, fatigue, and tummy troubles—overlap with other disorders. But there's one symptom that many autoimmu […]szdanow