We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 60,159 hits
- Thanks for the recent follow @noramayc @mamookids @Coolmixshop Happy to connect :) have a great Wednesday. (via commun.it) 4 minutes ago
- Thanks @roncallari @sbhsbh @RMStaples @worldworthwatch for being top engaged community members this week :) (via commun.it) 11 minutes ago
- ashton kutcher tweetedtimes.com/aplusk?s=rgp - top stories by @BillGates 22 minutes ago
- Thanks for the recent follow @CoupofyUSA @EmersonBrasilPE Happy to connect :) have a great Wednesday. (insight by commun.it) 34 minutes ago
- RT @FriendMedia: Appreciate your recent Retweets @sallykwitt @juano500 @chillie31512 have a great Wednesday :) 48 minutes ago
- Do You Really Need A Mammogram? 3 Women Who Regret Having ThemWe don't typically think of a mammogram as something to regret. Who could ever regret such a lifesaver? Science is slowly convincing us, however, that more mammograms doesn't necessarily equal more lives saved. More mammograms, in fact, sometimes amount to marred lives. Part of the reason some women are left wishing they never had a mammogram is th […]emFrey
- The New Updated Breast Cancer Screening Guidelines Bring Us Closer To Finally Agreeing About Mammograms. Kind Of.For the first time since 2003, the American Cancer Society has updated its breast cancer screening guidelines, after reviewing the evidence on mammography. So do we now have consensus on when you should start mammograms and how often you should get them? Afraid not, since the ACS's new advice still doesn't align with the guidelines from the United […]emFrey
- 5 Ways To Save $3,064 A YearWe did the math: You'll save $3,064 per year with these 5 wicked-smart changes. 1. Brown-Bag Your Lunch Calories saved: About 200 a day, which could amount to a 20-pound weight loss in a year Average $ recouped: $1,121 in takeout tabs Health bonus: Saves about 10 g of fat and 300 to 415 mg of sodium per meal (Lose up to 15 pounds WITHOUT dieting with Ea […]emitchell
- 10 Stretches For A Pain-Free BackChances are, if you're not suffering from back pain as we speak, then you know someone who is. The following 10 back stretches, from the new book 3 Weeks to a Better Back, will help realign your spine and help correct postural imbalances that can be the underlying source of common back pain. The better your spinal alignment, the better your posture and […]emitchell
- The Essential Nutrient You Need For Strong Bones That You're Probably Not GettingCalcium is the ultimate bone-building nutrient, right? Just down your three glasses of milk a day or pop a supplement, and you're good to go—at least that's the message that's been repeated by countless nutritionists for years. New evidence, however, suggests we should reconsider how much calcium we take and focus instead on an often-overlooke […]emFrey
- 12 Fruits And Veggies That Will Help You Lose The Most WeightWhen it comes to eating cleaner and dropping pounds, loading up on produce is kind of a no-brainer. But some types of fruits and vegetables might be better at helping you lose weight than others, according to a new study published in PLOS Medicine. (Lose up to 15 pounds WITHOUT dieting with Eat Clean to Get Lean, our 21-day clean-eating meal plan.) This is w […]emitchell
- It's Not Food Causing Your Heartburn—Here Are The 5 Real CulpritsOnions, spicy dishes, and fried foods have gotten a bad rap. While there's some evidence these foods can trigger heartburn, experts say how you eat is more important than what you eat when it comes to controlling painful flare-ups. "The old adages about onions and fruit juice and things like that—those foods are not as problematic as we used to thi […]jbroz1
- 3,125 Delicious BLT Combos95798emFrey
- This Is What It's Like To Have A Stroke At 44Jill Stein thought she was too young and healthy to be having a stroke. She was wrong. This is her story. People can't believe it when I tell them I'm recovering from a stroke. After all, I'm only 44, I eat well and exercise, and I don't smoke or have a single stroke risk factor. But April 11, 2015, is the day when I realized a stroke cou […]jbroz1
- 5 Foods That Will Put You In A Rotten MoodYour diet can really wreck your mood—and not just because you still feel guilty for plowing through a pint of praline pecan ice cream the other night. "My clients easily make the connection between being hungry and being in a bad mood—a.k.a. 'hangry'—but they don't often realize that what they eat on a daily basis can also have a direct i […]emitchell