We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 61,270 hits
- Top story: Kensington Palace on Twitter: "Unfortunately for you @FLOTUS and @PO… twitter.com/KensingtonRoya…, see more tweetedtimes.com/twitsnationPOL… 39 minutes ago
- Sally K Witt, Internet Success 4 You! is out! ln.is/paper.li/sally… Stories via @CoworkNews @devonworkhubs @WierdTweetz 58 minutes ago
- ashton kutcher tweetedtimes.com/aplusk?s=rgp 1 hour ago
- Top story: 2006: a space oddity – the great Pluto debate | Science | The Guardi… theguardian.com/science/2016/m…, see more tweetedtimes.com/v/6883?s=tnp 2 hours ago
- Top story: You can Facebook chat with 'Call of Duty' for info on the 2016 game mashable.com/2016/05/01/cal…, see more tweetedtimes.com/v/7039?s=tnp 2 hours ago
- The Squat That Works Your Thighs AND ArmsNot only is this move from Prevention's Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix great for toning your lower body, but it also improves your posture by strengthening the muscles in the back of your arms that help you stand up straight. 126emFrey
- "I Tried To Stop Complaining For A Week. Here's What Happened."I should have known it was a set-up. After all, the woman who assigned me this story (a) has known me since college, (b) worked with me in a very small office, and (c) is my Facebook friend. Obviously she identified me ahead of time as a complainer of no small proportions. But you know what? I was up for a challenge. Here's how my efforts at curtailing […]emitchell
- Target Your Lower Abs With This Supereffective Exercise This move from Prevention's Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix is an unbelievable exercise for your entire abdominals, especially those hard-to-tone lower abs. 126emFrey
- The Squat That Works Your Triceps, TooWhat would make squats—the No. 1 exercise for toning your lower body—even better? Having them tone your upper body at the same time. This move from Prevention's Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix does just that. Give it a try! Your body will thank you. 126emFrey
- 4 Things You Need To Know Before You Cut Your Own HairNot surprisingly, few professional stylists would recommend giving your own locks a chop. After all, "the biggest hazard is simply that you don't know how to achieve the results you want," says Kiki Fotiadis, a stylist at Elan Sassoon's Icon Hair Salon in Newton Centre, MA. But if you're going for a relatively simple trim, who's […]emFrey
- The Perfect Lower-Body ExerciseLooking for the ultimte lower-body exercise? This is it. The Marching Bridge move from Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix works your butt, hamstrings, and core at the same time. 126emFrey
- Tone Your Thighs And Triceps At The Same TimeThis multitasking move from the Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix program tones your thighs and triceps at the same time. Grab a resistance band and get to toning! 126emFrey
- The Ultimate Multitasking Lunge You Need To TryTalk about a multitasking move. This compound exercise from the new Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix workout targets your thighs, butt, hips, and back for allover toning and strengthening. 126emFrey
- Meet The Inspiring 75-Year-Old Athlete Who Will Make You Want To Hit The GymAt 75 years young, Vera Truhlar has 49 gold medals, 13 silver, and 2 bronze from competing in the Senior Games—and that's just a tiny bit of what makes her so impressive. Get ready to be inspired. 126emFrey
- Tone Your Outer Thighs And Butt With This MoveStraight from Prevention's new Fit in 10 30-Day Belly Fix workout, this move targets the areas we all want to hit: the outer thighs, hips, and butt. 126emFrey