We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 62,242 hits
- Jace, The Deplorable thanks for following me on Twitter! twitter.com/jacecaudwell 50 minutes ago
- ashton kutcher tweetedtimes.com/aplusk?s=rgp 55 minutes ago
- Love new contacts on twitter- I #followback! Thank you very much!! twitter.com/sallykwitt https://t.co/Qqw0tutinj 56 minutes ago
- Top story: 'Patient zero' Gaëtan Dugas not source of HIV/Aids outbreak, study c… theguardian.com/science/2016/o…, see more tweetedtimes.com/v/6883?s=tnp 1 hour ago
- Top story: Joe Walsh on Twitter: "On November 8th, I'm voting for Trump. On No… twitter.com/WalshFreedom/s…, see more tweetedtimes.com/stephenfry?s=t… 1 hour ago
- 4 Moves To Tighten And Tone Your TricepsWhen they're toned, triceps give your arms major definition. Maybe that's because the triceps muscles, that is, the backs of your arms, actually have three parts—the upper inside, lower inside, and outside—making them larger and stronger than you might think. (In contrast, the biceps are comprised of just two parts). With each of these toning move […]emitchell
- 9 Best Things You Can Order At Starbucks, According To NutritionistsWhile there may be some serious calorie bombs lurking on the Starbucks menu ("a Frappuccino is a milkshake," says Alex Caspero, RD), there are plenty of totally healthy options, too. Whether you're hunting for breakfast, lunch, or just an afternoon treat, these 9 options got the seal of approval from some of our favorite RDs. This article was […]emitchell
- The Best Way To Apply Blush, According To Your Face ShapePress pause on that contouring tutorial: The quickest, easiest way to get sculpted cheeks is to adjust your blush, says makeup artist Katey Denno. Here, her top tips for different face shapes. MORE: How To Wear Blush Without Looking Like A Clown 1. Long Jen Davis Apply pigment in a circle, on the apples of the cheeks or just above them. If your formula has s […]emFrey
- I Banned The Snooze Button For A Week, And This Is What HappenedI have an unhealthy relationship with the snooze button. As in, I hit it 2 to 3 times each morning…on two separate, staggered alarms (one on a regular digital clock, the other on my iPhone because my cat often steps on the buttons of my digital clock during his attempts to wake me in the night). Once I'm out of bed, I'm actually a pretty peppy morn […]emitchell
- 3 Ways To Refuel After A Workout That Are Better For You Than Organic GatoradeIn a world filled with food wonders like biscuits and gravy-flavored potato chips and bacon-infused vodka, it was only a matter of time before someone decided that civilization should also have organic Gatorade. (Here are 7 "health" foods that aren't.) And indeed, the time has come. Last month, the Gatorade gods rolled out a certified-organic […]emFrey
- People Are Snorting Chocolate—Here’s WhyChocolate has been touted for everything from heart health to weight loss. And apparently, it can get you kinda high. It sounds like something out of an R-rated version of Willy Wonka, but using raw cacao powder—yes, the stuff that chocolate is made from—as a drug is catching on. Partyers at some LA events are snorting the stuff for a buzz that’s both legal […]emFrey
- 5 Simple Meals You Can Make In A Cast-Iron SkilletIf you're anything like me, one of the main deterrents from making a nice healthy dinner is the sink full of dishes you're supposed to tackle afterward. After a long day, it's just not gonna happen. But what if we told you that you could simplify your meals and drastically minimize your mountain of plates, pans, and bowls? The new cookbook Cas […]emFrey
- 7 Surprising Ways To Get Your Sweet Fix With ChickpeasThe secret to decadent tasting desserts that are legitimately healthy? Canned chickpeas. We’re serious. These protein-rich legumes have a fairly neutral taste, blend up in a food processor like a dream, and lend the perfect amount of moisture and creaminess to cookies, cakes, and even fudge. Not to mention, they’re jam-packed with protein and fiber, so you a […]emFrey
- 8 Cheap Foods Nutritionists LoveWhether you're grocery shopping for one or trying to feed a large family, the bills can really add up—especially if you're trying to make healthy choices. Wild salmon and organic produce aren't cheap! But don't despair because you're on a budget; there are plenty of good-for-you items that offer a big nutritional bang for your buck. […]emFrey
- I Have Leaky Gut And No One Takes Me SeriouslyThirteen years ago, I hit rock bottom. I had excruciating stomach and intestinal pain, along with uncomfortable gas, bloating, and constipation. A few times I went to the ER for painkiller injections. Food should make you feel good, but everything I ate made me feel bad. I was underweight and malnourished. I couldn't gain weight to save my life. On top […]emFrey