We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 60,663 hits
- democrats tweetedtimes.com/twitsnationPOL… - top stories by @RepPerlmutter 20 minutes ago
- * SUPER method of making $$ * EZ instant $20 payments! * GREAT method of advertising/crazy good traffic exchange: ln.is/www.ibourl.com… 50 minutes ago
- Top story: Matt Reed's Fight for Kian by Lauren Douglass - GoFundMe gofundme.com/MattReedKian, see more tweetedtimes.com/stephenfry?s=t… 1 hour ago
- Top story: Super Bowl 2016 Ads and difference between marketing and virality blog.thesocialms.com/this-super-bow…, see more tweetedtimes.com/sallykwitt?s=t… 1 hour ago
- Over 17430 members waiting to promote YOUR sites on 1000's of locations #tejv ln.is/ibourl.com/nkK… 2 hours ago
- Nativo content411Johnish
- 5 Reasons Sex Addicts Aren't What You ThinkWhile the term is used a lot, New York City sex therapist Ian Kerner, PhD, who treats people who identify as sex addicts, points out that there actually isn't an official "sex addict" diagnosis. Though there was a lot of debate about including it in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition (the standard for mental […]emitchell
- 9 Power Foods That Boost ImmunityIt takes more than an apple a day to keep the doctor away. It turns out that eating some pretty surprising nutrients will help keep your immune system on guard. Cold-Proof Your Family and Block the Flu Naturally! You can ensure your body and immunity run smoothly by rounding out your plate with plenty of colorful servings of fruits and veggies, plus 8 to 10 […]mmessing
- The Hot Solution For Pain: Heat TherapyHeat therapy has been used for centuries by women to combat backaches, muscle pain, joint pain and more. Heat can be great way to manage pain, and start the healing process. It’s effectiveness lies in its ability to penetrate deep into the muscle right where it hurts, to relax, soothe and unlock tight muscles. 3 Ways Heat Heals: • Stimulates the sensory […]emFrey
- Do You Really Need A Mammogram? 3 Women Who Regret Having ThemWe don't typically think of a mammogram as something to regret. Who could ever regret such a lifesaver? Science is slowly convincing us, however, that more mammograms doesn't necessarily equal more lives saved. More mammograms, in fact, sometimes amount to marred lives. Part of the reason some women are left wishing they never had a mammogram is th […]emFrey
- The New Updated Breast Cancer Screening Guidelines Bring Us Closer To Finally Agreeing About Mammograms. Kind Of.For the first time since 2003, the American Cancer Society has updated its breast cancer screening guidelines, after reviewing the evidence on mammography. So do we now have consensus on when you should start mammograms and how often you should get them? Afraid not, since the ACS's new advice still doesn't align with the guidelines from the United […]emFrey
- 5 Ways To Save $3,064 A YearWe did the math: You'll save $3,064 per year with these 5 wicked-smart changes. 1. Brown-Bag Your Lunch Calories saved: About 200 a day, which could amount to a 20-pound weight loss in a year Average $ recouped: $1,121 in takeout tabs Health bonus: Saves about 10 g of fat and 300 to 415 mg of sodium per meal (Lose up to 15 pounds WITHOUT dieting with Ea […]emitchell
- How To Prevent Nail Fungus (And Treat It If It's Already Present)Think the occasional yellow nail isn't anything to worry about? Not so fast. Roughly 50% of all nail discoloration is caused by fungus, which can be pretty tricky to treat—especially if it slipped your mind over the last dozen or so doctor's appointments. And if you have a compromised immune system or are taking certain medications, it can be harde […]emitchell
- 10 Stretches For A Pain-Free BackChances are, if you're not suffering from back pain as we speak, then you know someone who is. The following 10 back stretches, from the new book 3 Weeks to a Better Back, will help realign your spine and help correct postural imbalances that can be the underlying source of common back pain. The better your spinal alignment, the better your posture and […]emitchell
- The Essential Nutrient You Need For Strong Bones That You're Probably Not GettingCalcium is the ultimate bone-building nutrient, right? Just down your three glasses of milk a day or pop a supplement, and you're good to go—at least that's the message that's been repeated by countless nutritionists for years. New evidence, however, suggests we should reconsider how much calcium we take and focus instead on an often-overlooke […]emFrey