We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
- 58,159 hits
- Sally K Witt, Internet Success 4 You! is out! ln.is/paper.li/sally… Stories via @ParoleUnx @RTtotal @CrowdTTour 4 hours ago
- @juano500 just featured you on my @RebelMouse rbl.ms/1ufamcG 7 hours ago
- Contributed Tweets for @sallykwitt are delivered by @RoundTeam roundteam.co 7 hours ago
- RT @3DPrinting_W: Appreciate your recent Retweets @3D_Genuity @LikwidKurage @sallykwitt have a great monday :) 7 hours ago
- RT @juano500: Appreciate your recent Retweet @sallykwitt have a great monday :) (insight by commun.it) 7 hours ago
- 5 Weird Signs You Have Celiac Diseaseweird health symptomsdigestive healthmenopauseBone Healthemotional healthYou probably associate Celiac disease—the autoimmune disorder where gluten (the protein in wheat, rye, and barley) damages the villi (small finger-link projections that line the small intestine)—with gastrointestinal awfulness like diarrhea and stomach pain. But brace yourself—there are […]mmessing
- 6 Anti-Aging Beauty Tips That Aren't Worth Your Timeanti-agingskin carebeauty treatmentsIn the pursuit of younger-looking, healthier skin, it's all too easy to get swept up in the latest skin care fads and fancy marketing jargon. However, as the old adage goes: "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." Case in point: These six anti-aging treatments that lack the scientific evidence to […]emitchell
- Which Is Worse: High Fructose Corn Syrup Or Plain Old Sugar?nutritionlow-sugarEat CleanWhile both sweeteners really aren't great, high fructose corn syrup, which is found in a wide variety of highly processed foods and beverages such as baked desserts, salad dressings, ketchup, sodas, and ice cream, is the slightly more dangerous choice. Too much of any sugar is bad for you—in excess, it promotes insulin resista […]szdanow
- Are Allergy Forecasts Completely Bogus?allergiesWhen I was packing for a trip to Florida a couple of weeks ago, I debated whether I should toss in allergy meds along with my sunscreen. Tree pollen is my nose's nemesis, and I didn't want to be sneezy at the Disney parks (after all, they already have a dwarf for that). So I hit the web, and lo and behold, I found three very different poll […]mmessing
- This Is What Your Antidote To Stress Smells Likestressanxietyemotional healthbeauty productsForget the naysayers: There may be a good, scientific reason we love receiving a delivery of fresh roses on Valentine's Day: Their scent jump-starts activity in the parasympathetic nervous system, the antidote to our fight-or-flight response, says a study in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicin […]szdanow
- 25 Chicken Soup Combos Like You've Never Hadrecipesfood curesCooking How-To'shealthy lunch ideashealthy dinner ideasCold & Fluquick recipes MORE: 3 Soups That Fight Cold & Flu FoodMix-And-Match Chicken Soup Recipe IdeasBy 0Marygrace Taylorrecipesmmessing
- 6 Ways To Nail The "No Makeup" Makeup Lookmakeup tutorialsnatural beautybeauty tipsThe holy-grail goal of makeup is to look like you're not wearing any—like you woke up with a dewy complexion, long lashes, and rosy lips. Since that can be a tall order if you're, you know, human, we put together these tips for an easy, no-makeup makeup look that'll leave everyone wondering where you go […]mmessing
- Grass-Fed Meat Is Absolutely Worth The Heftier Price, Says New Researchnutritionorganic foodNew research suggests you might want to shell out the extra dough for grass-fed or pasture-raised meats. A review in Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety found that grass-fed lamb is higher in polyunsaturated fats such as omega 3s—the heart healthy, anti-inflammatory kind—than meat from conventionally raised, grain-fed s […]Amy.Beal
- Sleeping THIS Many Hours A Night Could Up Your Stroke Risk 46%NewsSleepheart healthStrokeYou need sleep, and plenty of it. But sleeping too much—especially if you used to get by on fewer than 6 hours—could signal an impending stroke, suggests research from the journal Neurology. For nearly a decade, UK researchers tracked the sleeping habits and stroke rates of nearly 10,000 middle-aged and older adults. Those who sl […]emitchell
- Tone Your Inner Thighs With These 8 MovesThigh ExercisesworkoutsWorkout TipsFirst things first: It's officially time to put the ridiculous idea of a "thigh gap" behind us. "Women have these unrealistic expectations that their inner thighs aren’t going to touch," says celebrity trainer Rachel Cosgrove. "But unless you have a very specific build, your thighs are going to […]szdanow