We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 58,429 hits
- So true! Mithu Hassan originally shared: #Quote #Life #Quoteoftheday #silence #words Shared by... fb.me/3QrfFPGcK 45 minutes ago
- So true! plus.google.com/+SallyKWitt/po… http://t.co/mrcrlmXqGb 45 minutes ago
- Check out Charles Carboneau CashConnection.com (@cashconnect2) on Empire Avenue bit.ly/1Dc5EWd (from @EmpireAve) 1 hour ago
- @sjsolares thanks so much for sharing. Just added it to my site rbl.ms/1qjZ0Wu 1 hour ago
- RT @sjsolares: 1st predictions on Ebola were low. Then predictions overstated by a million. How disease forecasts can go wrong http://t.co/… 1 hour ago
- 10 Green Smoothies That Aren't Made With SpinachThank you, spinach, for proving that green smoothies don’t taste like grass, but it’s time to step aside and give other greens a chance. And by greens we mean nutrient-dense leafy vegetables and herbs, like kale and basil, plus superfood ingredients like matcha, a potent green tea powder loaded with disease-fighting antioxidants, and spirulina, a protein-pac […]emitchell
- 3 New Ways To Boost Your Dieting WillpowerMeghan RabbittFor the 100 million dieters—who spent more than $60 billion on diet books, drugs, meal replacements, and health clubs last year—losing weight with tactics that don't cost anything might sound too good to be true. Yet new research proves that each of us has the power to resist junk food, drop a few pounds and even exercise more regularly, s […]szdanow
- 6 Ways To Make Your Smoothie Less Of A Sugar BombCandice Kumai for EatClean.comYou drink smoothies to lose some pounds or maybe the morning after a midnight nacho bender. But if you think your delicious, fruit-packed kale shake is anything other than a green-colored Frosty, you could be deluding yourself. Most smoothies are ridiculously high in sugar—in fact, some can pack as many grams of the sweet stuff […]emitchell
- This Is What It's Like To Have Extraordinarily Heightened SensesVirginia Sole-SmithWhat if we told you that some people look at the color white and see a staggering array of shades? Or that others intuitively know what Thursday tastes like? It's not science fiction: There's a small group of people who experience the world in more dimensions than the rest of us. "Each of these conditions have different und […]emitchell
- 9 Highly Effective Solutions For An Unhappy StomachNext time you're vexed by heartburn, gas, diarrhea, constipation, or even the chronic misery of irritable bowel syndrome, make this compendium of stomach soothers your go-to bathroom read. MORE: 5 Things Most People Mistakenly Write Off As Just Gas PainRichard Laliberteszdanow
- The 8 Best-Tasting No-Bake Bars You'll Ever HaveBars can be diet lifesavers. They make a perfect portable snack, keep you satisfied between meals (and away from the vending machine), and power you up pre- and post-workout. There's only one problem: The store-bought kind often contain some sketchy ingredients (like artificial sweeteners, fake proteins, and icky hydrogenated oils), not to mention they […]mmessing
- 6 Things That Will Happen When You Stop Working OutCindy Kuzma for Men's HealthJust as a good training program builds you up, falling off the workout wagon can have the opposite effect—sometimes almost immediately. Experts call this phenomenon "detraining,” and its consequences can weigh even heavier than the gut you see in the mirror. Fortunately, the condition is fully reversible, as long as you […]szdanow
- What Your Picky Eating Says About YouMarkham HeidWhen it comes to food peccadillos, fussy eaters tend to share the same traits—and two common mental health disorders, shows a recent study from the journal Appetite. There's not much research on the topic of picky eating—or even a precise definition of what makes someone "picky." To fill in some of these blanks, the University of P […]mmessing
- 10 Brilliant Uses For Baby PowderFirst for Women Smart SolutionsSilly, you. Did you really think baby powder was just for tiny baby butts? The folks at First For Women are about to enlighten you with these clever uses. 1. Remove stubborn sand from your scalp You may be a beach bunny, but you hate the feeling of sand in your hair. Shampooing it out takes forever, and the little granules irr […]mmessing
- 3 "Instant" Anti-Agers That Actually WorkJessica ChiaTouted as short-term alternatives to fillers and face-lifts, at-home gadgets can seem too good to be true. Prevention staffers put 3 to the test: NuFace Mini Facial Toning Device ($199, mynuface.com) The claim: Microcurrents stimulate muscles for a tighter, more lifted look. The verdict: "I did one side of my face; it looked tighter for 24 h […]emitchell