We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 63,158 hits
- #FollowFriday HaroldSays ZHeatherChamp TheFastEddie83 - top engaged members this week :) 🔶Want this 🆓? commun.it/thank-you/?aid… RT'd tumorw… 35 minutes ago
- Top story: 'The Art of the Deal' gets a new chapter on Twitter after TrumpCare … ln.is/mashable.com/2…, see more tweetedtimes.com/v/7039?s=tnp 50 minutes ago
- Top story: @justinshanes: 'Meanwhile, at today's meeting on feline healthcare..… https://t.co/ypFVlUIuMn, see more tweetedtimes.com/OrganicNation/… 52 minutes ago
- Top story: Josh Dawsey on Twitter: "White House officials, advisers say Trump i… twitter.com/jdawsey1/statu…, see more tweetedtimes.com/stephenfry?s=t… 53 minutes ago
- Top story: ‘Hello, Bob’: President Trump called my cellphone to say that the he… ln.is/washingtonpost…, see more tweetedtimes.com/aplusk?s=tnp 53 minutes ago
- 3 Effective Inner Thigh Exercises You Can Do Using A TowelFor this inner thigh workout all you need is a smooth floor and a dishtowel or washcloth. And you won't even have to lower onto your back for this one because all the moves are done standing. Just perform these three exercises 10 times on each leg, and then you're done! (Short on time? Try Prevention's new 10-minute workouts and 10-minute meal […]emFrey
- Is There Scary Bacteria In Your Showerhead Making You Sick? If you spot some mold growing on your shower curtain or door, you're surely grossed out enough to do something about it—and fast. But if you're like most people, you rarely stop to wonder about the bacteria in your shower that you can’t see. Plenty of products—like Shower Clear and EndoSan, among others—claim to protect you from the potentially dan […]emFrey
- 6 Foods Dermatologists Want You To Eat More OfYou can use all the fancy lotions, potions, and creams in the world. But when it comes to having gorgeous, glowing skin, food is your most powerful ally. (It can also be your worst enemy. Hello, sugary junk!) Just ask the experts. We talked to 6 dermatologists to find out about the foods that they reach for on the regular to boost hydration, fight wrinkles a […]emFrey
- 7 Surprising Arthritis Symptoms Every Woman Needs To KnowYou know sore, achy joints are arthritis's hallmark. But pain isn't the only symptom an arthritis sufferer may have to contend with. "In a lot of cases, people notice other things showing up before they ever have pain," says Kevin Shea, MD, an orthopedic surgeon at St. Luke's Health System in Boise. There are more than a dozen differ […]emFrey
- 5 Tasty Ways To Eat The Seed That Packs 10 Grams Of Protein Per ServingYou've probably seen bags of hemp hearts at Whole Foods and passed them up for more approachable flax or chia seeds. But you should definitely consider buying some next time, because these little seeds are loaded with health benefits. Hemp hearts, or shelled hemp seeds, deliver more anti-inflammatory omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and fewer carbs per s […]emFrey
- Top 4 Things Nutritionists Look For On A Food LabelIn an ideal world, you'd only be eating foods that lack labels. "Foods that don't have labels are often some of the best things you can eat—the fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs from the farmers' market; the fresh seafood at the fish market; and the amazing whole-grain bread from the local bakery," says Susan Bowerman, RDN, coautho […]szdanow
- 6 Tools Everyone Should Have To Ease Aches And Boost Flexibility, Besides A Foam RollerLimited range of motion can impact your daily life and put you at risk for injuries. And it's not just athletes who need to worry about staying mobile and loose—desk-bound workers know all too well the aches and pains of tight muscles and pinched joints. "Everyone should know how to move their body, be able to fully move their body, and move withou […]szdanow
- 7 Women Share The Heart Issues They Never Thought They'd Have To Deal With Before 35You're young, you're healthy, you probably don't need to worry about your heart, right? Wrong, says Suzanne Steinbaum, a cardiologist and spokesperson for the American Heart Association's Go Red For Women campaign. "If you have a heart, you can get heart disease," she says. "It's not just something that affects old peo […]szdanow
- I Crowdfunded Money For Weight Loss Surgery, And It Totally Changed My LifeEver since I can remember, I’ve always been overweight or obese. I was the biggest kid in kindergarten, and in middle school kids started calling me Kamu, like Shamu the whale. The last time I flew without a seatbelt extender was when I was 20, and today I’m 40. I actually own different seatbelt extenders for different airlines so that I don’t have to ask a […]szdanow
- I Did 30 Burpees For 2 Weeks, And Here’s What HappenedWhen I wanted to try CrossFit, I dragged one of my best friends to a beginner's class with me. And although she was a good sport about it, she mentioned on our drive home how the deadlifts-crunches-burpees circuit would have been so much better had it been just deadlifts and crunches. I was shocked. To me, the burpees were the best part. It was then th […]szdanow