We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 58,743 hits
- The Adorable Breakfast You Eat Out of a Jar ln.is/www.oprah.com/… 1 hour ago
- Using Facebook Comments to Drive Visitors to Your Fan Page fb.me/2tdtAlYBo 1 hour ago
- @WmTrentHouse It just went live, crediting you, on my @RebelMouse rbl.ms/1G9WmHl 2 hours ago
- Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule. - Buddha #quote 2 hours ago
- RT @WmTrentHouse: The William Trent House Daily is out! paper.li/WmTrentHouse/1… Stories via @sallykwitt @iLeonPereira @coopinvest 2 hours ago
- Which One's More Important: Diet Or Exercise?Markham HeidA proper diet and regular exercise are the two pillars of a healthy lifestyle. But that doesn't mean they're equally important when it comes to your weight, your disease risk, or how long you'll live. In a head-to-head battle, research shows what you eat trumps how much you move. "Even if you don't exercise, if you ate re […]szdanow
- Pepsi Says It Will Take Aspartame Out Of Diet Soda (But There's A Catch)Leah Zerbe from Rodalenews.comDue to increasing public pressure to get aspartame—a fake sweetener linked to headaches and other health problems—out of its products, Pepsi announced Friday it will remove the ingredient from several diet soda products by late this summer. "Diet cola drinkers in the U.S. told us they wanted aspartame-free Diet Pepsi and we […]mmessing
- 10 Things To Never Say To Someone With CancerMelissa FiorenzaNo matter who it is—a family member, a friend, or even just an acquaintance—when someone you know is diagnosed with cancer, it's easy to become tongue-tied. You want to say the right thing, but what if it comes out wrong? You want to be there for her, but how? And often times, common platitudes and simple remarks can actually be hurtful […]emFrey
- Lose 10% More Weight By Eating A Chocolate Bar Every Day...No JokeAviva PatzWant to lose weight faster? Eat dark chocolate. That's right, the same delicious bar that we know is packed with healthy antioxidants just keeps getting better: It's now a promising weight-loss aid, according to findings published last week in the International Archives of Medicine. Dark chocolate has enjoyed a health halo for years now, […]szdanow
- Is There A Natural Fix For Exercise-Induced Asthma?Andrew Weil, MDThe coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, and chest tightness you may feel during workouts is called exercise-induced broncho-spasm (EIB), and up to 10% of regular exercisers with no other airway issues suffer from it. A recent study found that the antioxidant vitamin C can help with EIB, possibly because it counteracts the asthma-inducing […]emFrey
- 7 Pretty Great Reasons To Have Sex TonightRegina Nuzzo, PhDYou know sex feels good and does wonders for your mood, but did you know that it benefits your health (his too!) in a number of not-so-obvious ways? The reason, according to scientists, is that during sex, our bodies produce a cascade of hormones (and other biological changes) that can ease pain, lower cancer risk, boost immunity, and even o […]mmessing
- 3 Ways To Burn More Calories On Your Next WalkCathryne Keller for Fitbie.comMore of a stroller than a sprinter? You're still getting a solid workout! Study after study confirms that being active throughout your day is an effective way to stay slim, and realage.com, which offers a test that assesses your "real" age in terms of how your body is aging, claims that taking at least 10,000 step […]emitchell
- If You Take Tylenol For Joint Pain, You Need To Read ThisSarah KleinIf the pain is bad enough to send you rummaging through your medicine cabinet, you're probably on the hunt for something that works—and fast. But a new study suggests one of the most common over-the-counter pain meds may not be the cure-all you once thought. According to new research, published in the BMJ, acetaminophen—known to most of us as […]emitchell
- The Ultimate 7-Day Workout That Boosts Your Brain AND Your BodyJennifer MatlackThe road to a fit mind isn't paved in crossword puzzles alone. In fact, walking that road can also give your gray matter a boost, according to top researchers. "Exercise is as close to a magic bullet as brain fitness gets," says John Medina, PhD, director of the Brain Center for Applied Learning at Seattle Pacific University. P […]mmessing
- Your Worst Sunscreen Mistakes—Caught On CameraHow much protection are you really getting? Probably not much. (In fact, 42% of Prevention readers wear sunscreen only on their faces!) We put your daily habits to the test with the help of an SPF-spotting UV camera. Consider this a chance to discover your weak spots—before the sun does. Caught on Film She may look good, but she's facing a full UV assau […]emitchell