We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 63,176 hits
- RT cshislop: Trust in yourself #TuesdayTip #TT RMStaples TumorWarrior via studentinlife RT'd tumorwarrior 29 minutes ago
- .@ChrisVanHollen @DSCC: No $ for @SenateDems who help confirm Gorsuch. Looking at you @SenBennetCO @ChrisCoons ln.is/act.credoactio… 34 minutes ago
- RT SZidek: TumorWarrior 😢 This truth breaks my heart as I think of my Mom and all the other Brain Tumor Warriors. Sending love. #CureBrainC… 39 minutes ago
- "You can see the stars but still can't see the light" #quote Eagles Back off from a narrow focus on your brain … vitw.it/link/Xr30Q 59 minutes ago
- Large-scale study finds genetic variants associated with #BrainTumors. ln.is/medicalnewstod… #BTSM RT'd tumorwarrior 1 hour ago
- 5 Exercises That Will Improve Your Poor Circulation ImmediatelyCirculation is one of those things you probably never think about, even though it's crucial for good health. Your heart pumps about 5 quarts of blood throughout your body's system of blood vessels each minute. When your circulatory system is working well, it delivers oxygen throughout the body and helps to eliminate waste. When circulation is poor, […]emFrey
- 5 Signs Out-Of-Whack Hormones Are Causing Your Stubborn Belly Fat—And How To Fix ThemCan't seem to stop pinching that inch (or three)? Before you blame it on lack of willpower, consider that your hormones may be getting in your way. Research shows that it doesn’t take much of a hormonal upheaval for your body to start packing on the pounds, especially around your midsection. Something as simple as eating carbs for breakfast or getting t […]szdanow
- 10-Minute Dinners That Will Help You Lose Weight—And Keep It Off These 10-minute dinners from Prevention's new book Fit in 10: Slim & Strong—for Life! are perfect for those evenings when you're so hungry you can't get food in your mouth fast enough, or when the mere thought of cooking something complicated has you eyeing those take-out menus. Each recipe contains the right combination of metabolism-revv […]emFrey
- 7 Ways You Can Knock Out Back Pain Without A PillPain is personal. No blood test or scan can tell your doctor how much of it you’re feeling. And what relieves one person's aches might not make a dent in yours. That’s because pain is, literally, all in your head. Like feelings of warmth or pleasure, pain is something your brain creates based on the sensory information it receives from your body, accord […]szdanow
- 3 Effective Inner Thigh Exercises You Can Do Using A TowelFor this inner thigh workout all you need is a smooth floor and a dishtowel or washcloth. And you won't even have to lower onto your back for this one because all the moves are done standing. Just perform these three exercises 10 times on each leg, and then you're done! (Short on time? Try Prevention's new 10-minute workouts and 10-minute meal […]emFrey
- How 10 Sexperts Spice Up Their Own Sex LivesYou and your S.O. used to tear off each other's clothes. You had sex every day (sometimes twice a day), and it was the best time, every time. But now? You can't remember when you had sex that wasn't penciled in between work, grocery shopping, and The Late Show. Yup, you're in a rut. And that's normal! Anyone who's ever been in a […]emFrey
- Is There Scary Bacteria In Your Showerhead Making You Sick? If you spot some mold growing on your shower curtain or door, you're surely grossed out enough to do something about it—and fast. But if you're like most people, you rarely stop to wonder about the bacteria in your shower that you can’t see. Plenty of products—like Shower Clear and EndoSan, among others—claim to protect you from the potentially dan […]emFrey
- 6 Foods Dermatologists Want You To Eat More OfYou can use all the fancy lotions, potions, and creams in the world. But when it comes to having gorgeous, glowing skin, food is your most powerful ally. (It can also be your worst enemy. Hello, sugary junk!) Just ask the experts. We talked to 6 dermatologists to find out about the foods that they reach for on the regular to boost hydration, fight wrinkles a […]emFrey
- 7 Surprising Arthritis Symptoms Every Woman Needs To KnowYou know sore, achy joints are arthritis's hallmark. But pain isn't the only symptom an arthritis sufferer may have to contend with. "In a lot of cases, people notice other things showing up before they ever have pain," says Kevin Shea, MD, an orthopedic surgeon at St. Luke's Health System in Boise. There are more than a dozen differ […]emFrey
- 5 Tasty Ways To Eat The Seed That Packs 10 Grams Of Protein Per ServingYou've probably seen bags of hemp hearts at Whole Foods and passed them up for more approachable flax or chia seeds. But you should definitely consider buying some next time, because these little seeds are loaded with health benefits. Hemp hearts, or shelled hemp seeds, deliver more anti-inflammatory omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and fewer carbs per s […]emFrey