We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 62,959 hits
- The latest Sally K Witt, Internet Success 4 You!! ln.is/paper.li/sally… Thanks to @BeSonntag @coworkingcoffee @laburocloud #coworking 14 minutes ago
- Top story: Fake news and neurobabble: how do we critically assess what we read?… theguardian.com/science/head-q…, see more tweetedtimes.com/v/6883?s=tnp 49 minutes ago
- Top story: Robotic finger monkeys are cute and not weird at all mashable.com/2017/02/20/wow…, see more tweetedtimes.com/v/7039?s=tnp 50 minutes ago
- Top story: Jenga Mwendo Strengthens Community Through Gardening in New Orleans … ln.is/civileats.com/…, see more tweetedtimes.com/OrganicNation/… 53 minutes ago
- Top story: CEO CookOff - Ewan Venters ln.is/www.ceocookoff…, see more tweetedtimes.com/stephenfry?s=t… 53 minutes ago
- 11 Foods You Need To Fend Off Sick DaysIn the dark and cold winter months (snow or not!), give your immune system a boost with these foods so you have fewer sick days and more run days. (Repeat after us: No more dieting. Ever. Instead, learn how to eat clean—with zero deprivation!—and watch the pounds drop off, with Your Metabolism Makeover.) 1. Living foods A healthy gut is your strongest ally w […]emFrey
- 7 High-Protein Tacos You Should Be Eating For BreakfastThe perfect breakfast should be three things: quick and easy to make, mouthwateringly tasty, and high enough in protein to keep you full until lunch. Smoothies, scrambled eggs, and yogurt bowls all meet these important benchmarks. But here's another option you haven't considered: tacos. (Repeat after us: No more dieting. Ever. Instead, learn how to […]emFrey
- 6 Autoimmune Diseases That Mess With Your WeightAutoimmune diseases happen when your body's immune system starts attacking its own organs, tissues, and cells. Although they're on the rise, they're also tricky to diagnose. Symptoms can creep up slowly, and many of them—like achy joints, fatigue, and tummy troubles—overlap with other disorders. But there's one symptom that many autoimmu […]szdanow
- What The Heck Are Fat Bombs? And Why They're Actually Good For YouIf you care about your weight, there are probably few phrases that strike as much fear in your heart as FAT BOMB. As in, "That fettuccine Alfredo is a total fat bomb. It's got more calories than you need in a day!" or "A supersize cheeseburger and fries is one of the worst things you can eat. It's a real fat bomb." But these day […]emFrey
- 5 Serious Conditions You're More At Risk For If You Have An Autoimmune DiseaseIf you're one of the 24 million Americans who has an autoimmune disease, then you're probably well acquainted with some of the many unpleasant effects: pain, fatigue, muscle weakness, stomach upset, swollen joints, skin lesions, and more. As if these woes weren't bad enough, your compromised immune system also makes you more likely to develop […]emFrey
- The 10-Minute Solution That Gave This Woman A Flat Belly At Age 50When getting dressed in the morning became a constant struggle, Lisa Berliner knew she needed to make a change. Over the last few years, she'd lost and gained 20 pounds multiple times with Weight Watchers and fad diets. She'd push herself to count carbs, points, and calories, and then, sick of feeling so restricted, binge on high-calorie comfort fo […]emFrey
- This Woman Lost 77 Pounds By Eating More Fat. Here’s How It Works.I've struggled with my weight since fourth grade. It's a familiar story, but I tried every diet. I even enrolled in a supervised weight-loss program when I was in my 30s, only to be told that I was a slow loser. The counselor asked me if I was filling out the forms correctly because my numbers hardly moved! I was humiliated, so I just gave up and s […]emFrey
- 4 Ridiculously Healthy Seeds You Should Be Eating Every Single Day Seeds are nutritional powerhouses: Just a small pinch of them is packed with vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients. They also happen to be incredibly easy to introduce into any diet, says Lori Zanini, RD, a spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Instead of telling clients to revamp their whole diet, she'll recommend adding a dash […]emFrey
- Who Knew? Corn Syrup's Not The Most Evil Sweetener In Your Kitchen After AllIt happens every year around this time. You pull out the recipe for Grandma's famous pecan pie or Aunt Sally's salty caramels, zero in on the ingredients list, and there it is: corn syrup. Plenty of dessert recipes—especially old-fashioned holiday ones—seem to call for the stuff. But if you're like most health-minded eaters, the ingredient mig […]emFrey
- Doing This Before Thanksgiving Dinner Can Lower Your Heart Attack RiskCome Thursday, taking a leisurely stroll might be the last thing on your mind. Who can think about exercising when you've got the daunting task of making sure a 10 lb bird and a countless number of side dishes all make it to the table without a mishap? (Here are 7 incredible results you'll get from walking 30 minutes a day.) Still, in between all t […]emFrey