We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 61,298 hits
- Very cool new social network. Grow your influence! FREE – Join us! dashburst.com/sallykwitt 1 hour ago
- @kleckerlabor Thanks for sharing that update - it's now live here: rbl.ms/1RU5RR7 2 hours ago
- RT @kleckerlabor: #FollowFriday @sallykwitt @CInnovation @Kira_on_ebay top Influencers this week! Have a great weekend :) >> https://t.co/4… 2 hours ago
- Please support my nephew's new business twitter acct @joeconsultant4u Follow, RT, Favs - will definitely #followback! Thank you so much! 2 hours ago
- Top story: Millions of email names, passwords hacked in giant data breach, repo… mashable.com/2016/05/04/ema…, see more tweetedtimes.com/v/7039?s=tnp 2 hours ago
- Target Waist Fat With This Super-Effective MoveThink of this exercise from Prevention's Fit in 10: Day-30 Belly Fix as your ultime waist-cincher, no uncomfortable undergarments necessary. 126emFrey
- The Squat That Works Your Thighs AND ArmsNot only is this move from Prevention's Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix great for toning your lower body, but it also improves your posture by strengthening the muscles in the back of your arms that help you stand up straight. 126emFrey
- "I Tried To Stop Complaining For A Week. Here's What Happened."I should have known it was a setup. After all, the woman who assigned me this story (a) has known me since college, (b) worked with me in a very small office, and (c) is my Facebook friend. Obviously she identified me ahead of time as a complainer of no small proportions. But you know what? I was up for a challenge. Here's how my efforts at curtailing m […]emitchell
- Target Your Lower Abs With This Supereffective Exercise This move from Prevention's Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix is an unbelievable exercise for your entire abdominals, especially those hard-to-tone lower abs. 126emFrey
- The Squat That Works Your Triceps, TooWhat would make squats—the No. 1 exercise for toning your lower body—even better? Having them tone your upper body at the same time. This move from Prevention's Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix does just that. Give it a try! Your body will thank you. 126emFrey
- 4 Things You Need To Know Before You Cut Your Own HairNot surprisingly, few professional stylists would recommend giving your own locks a chop. After all, "the biggest hazard is simply that you don't know how to achieve the results you want," says Kiki Fotiadis, a stylist at Elan Sassoon's Icon Hair Salon in Newton Centre, MA. But if you're going for a relatively simple trim, who's […]emFrey
- The Perfect Lower-Body ExerciseLooking for the ultimte lower-body exercise? This is it. The Marching Bridge move from Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix works your butt, hamstrings, and core at the same time. 126emFrey
- Tone Your Thighs And Triceps At The Same TimeThis multitasking move from the Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix program tones your thighs and triceps at the same time. Grab a resistance band and get to toning! 126emFrey
- The Ultimate Multitasking Lunge You Need To TryTalk about a multitasking move. This compound exercise from the new Fit in 10: 30-Day Belly Fix workout targets your thighs, butt, hips, and back for allover toning and strengthening. 126emFrey
- Meet The Inspiring 75-Year-Old Athlete Who Will Make You Want To Hit The GymAt 75 years young, Vera Truhlar has 49 gold medals, 13 silver, and 2 bronze from competing in the Senior Games—and that's just a tiny bit of what makes her so impressive. Get ready to be inspired. 126emFrey