We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 62,546 hits
- Facebook group for as many Family Friendly ads that you want to share!! facebook.com/groups/3194698… *share free ads* https://t.co/y5rWgv0tyo 6 minutes ago
- New Google+ Community "How Many Places Can We Connect" Post ur profiles & connect 4 FREE! plus.google.com/u/0/communitie… https://t.co/FfQ3MHfJUw 6 minutes ago
- Kwaku Mensah thanks for following me on Twitter! I always #followback --#FamilyFriendly} only twitter.com/kappiahmensah 30 minutes ago
- New Google+ Community "How Many Places Can We Connect" Post ur profiles & connect 4 FREE! plus.google.com/u/0/communitie… https://t.co/6SS0gIbVmV 47 minutes ago
- Please help my nephew's twitter account grow! Thanks. He will #followback twitter.com/consultz4urbiz https://t.co/TyJhBSS6TL 47 minutes ago
- Who Knew? Corn Syrup's Not The Most Evil Sweetener In Your Kitchen After AllIt happens every year around this time. You pull out the recipe for Grandma's famous pecan pie or Aunt Sally's salty caramels, zero in on the ingredients list, and there it is: corn syrup. Plenty of dessert recipes—especially old-fashioned holiday ones—seem to call for the stuff. But if you're like most health-minded eaters, the ingredient mig […]emFrey
- Doing This Before Thanksgiving Dinner Can Lower Your Heart Attack RiskCome Thursday, taking a leisurely stroll might be the last thing on your mind. Who can think about exercising when you've got the daunting task of making sure a 10 lb bird and a countless number of side dishes all make it to the table without a mishap? (Here are 7 incredible results you'll get from walking 30 minutes a day.) Still, in between all t […]emFrey
- 7 Things Your Eye Gunk Says About YouWhen you think about bodily fluids, you may not immediately think of them coming out your eyeballs. But the state of all the stuff creeping out of your eyes can be a marker for several things—a few of which require medical attention. That's not to say that eye discharge is always unusual. The eye makes mucus (or rheum) throughout the day and night to he […]emFrey
- This Food Offers The Broadest Range Of Minerals Of Any Food On The PlanetChances are if you've ever been in the ocean and came across a pile of seaweed, your first thought was, "Eww, get it away from me." While you might not enjoy having something slimy rub against you while you're swimming, seaweed isn't all bad. In fact, you might want to add it to your next meal, since it's one of the most nutrien […]emFrey
- 5 Types Of Anti-Aging Foods You Should Already Be EatingWhile it may sound like something out of a sci-fi movie, researchers have actually discovered that a certain compound could help reverse the effects of time by improving our metabolism, boosting our energy, and improving our insulin sensitivity. And it gets better: This compound is found in some fruits and veggies. Studies at Washington University School of […]emFrey
- The Six Biggest (and Best) New Trends in Healthy Dog FoodDog food gets a bad rap among humans ("This dish tastes no better than dog food;" "I think that fast-food place up the street is just serving dog food"). But as Americans increasingly humanize their pets—we spent $58 billion on our darling "fur babies" last year, with about $22 billion of that on food—the quality of Max and Bell […]emFrey
- 4 Things Your Burps Are Trying To Tell YouBelching can be embarrassing, but eructation (the medical term for burping) is rarely a sign of anything serious. "In the vast majority of cases, it's a benign symptom," says Paul Berggreen, MD, a gastroenterologist and the founder of Arizona Digestive Health. "Intestinal gas, on the other hand, may be associated with some food intoleranc […]eryan
- 9 Things To Consider Before Bailing On Your WorkoutYou go to the track to do six 800-meter repeats. On your first one, you're a little slower than planned. You tell yourself not to worry, because you usually feel better on the second repeat of a workout. But then your second 800 is slower than the first. On your third 800, you push hard, yet you finish even slower. Should you finish the workout as best […]emitchell
- This Model Died After A Trip To The Chiropractor—Could It Happen To You?Well, this is terrifying. Former Playboy model and "Queen of Snapchat," Katie May died unexpectedly last February from suffering a stroke. Now, new details from her death certificate, obtained by TMZ, show that Katie's stroke was actually caused by a routine trip to the chiropractor. According to TMZ, the certificate states that the 34-year-ol […]emitchell
- This Is What It's Like To Have AlopeciaWhen Kristy DeVaney was 25, she was diagnosed with alopecia, an autoimmune disease that causes hair loss. This is what it's like to live with the condition, for which there is no cure. In the fall of 2002, when I was 25, some unusual things started happening to me. The hair on top of my head starting thinning a bit and I developed a small bald patch o […]emitchell