We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 61,836 hits
- G+: Open Letter to my friends and family- I LOVE You! When I was a child, my Mom taught us never to talk about… goo.gl/ONsZQA 15 minutes ago
- G+: No classified national security briefings for Donald Trump goo.gl/p9fHa0 15 minutes ago
- Sometimes you need more than 140 characters! empeopled.com/invitedby/sall… https://t.co/5fMwGMyCTX 25 minutes ago
- Top story: Here are 31 of the best space photographs of the year mashable.com/2016/07/26/bes…, see more tweetedtimes.com/v/7039?s=tnp 36 minutes ago
- Open Letter to my friends and family- I LOVE You! When I was a child, my Mom taught us never to talk about... fb.me/6cXvE2u2t 43 minutes ago
- Meet The Incredible Woman Who Changed The Face Of Rhythmic GymnasticsWendy Hilliard's gymnastics career began in the front yard of her childhood home, and took her all the way to the National Championships a record-setting nine times. But it was her fight for recognition as a black gymnast that ignited her passion for athlete advocacy and inspired her to start her own foundation. 126emFrey
- A Double Dose Of PeaceWe have a two-step relaxation exercise for you this month. If the actual art of paper folding feels intimidating to you, check out the August issue of Prevention magazine for Step One: your own tear-out, origami-inspired coloring page. Below, you’ll find Step Two: instructions for two of the modular forms in the new book Zen Origami, which puts a mindful twi […]emFrey
- 11 Ways To Eat An AvocadoThink guacamole is your only option? C'mon, you can do better than that. Here, 11 delicious and inventive ways to get more avocado in your life. 126emFrey
- 1 in 3 Americans Would Use Medical Marijuana. Are You One Of Them?Marijuana is steadily gaining traction as a legitimate treatment for everything from severe migraines to arthritis—so much so that a third of Americans would be extremely or very likely to use it to treat their pain if advised by a doctor, reveals a new Prevention survey. Among the other compelling findings of the survey, in which Prevention interviewed a na […]emFrey
- 5 Bedtime Beverages That Can Help You Lose WeightThere's not much worse than a night of tossing and turning in the sack. After all, poor sleep is intricately tied to weight gain, skewed hormone levels, next-day munchies, and blood sugar and insulin issues, says Bridget Murphy, RDN, CDN, at NYU Langone Medical Center. To score some quality shuteye, you've got to be careful about what you sip befor […]emitchell
- Color Yourself CalmA few colored pencils are all it takes to turn a plain page into your own Zen masterpiece. Check out the July issue of Prevention magazine for your own tear-out page, and look below to get inspired with completed versions of the seascape from Wales-based illustrator Anastasia Catris, (Instagram: @AnastasiaCatris). Illustration by anastasia cartris Full color […]emFrey
- Nourish Your Body Through MovementGive your movement-starved body the nutrients it needs with these gentle corrective exercises from biomechanist Katy Bowman. They target areas of the body that—in our culture of sitting, keyboarding work, and heeled shoes—are frequently undernourished. Add these moves to your day for a more balanced movement diet, and within a few weeks you should be able to […]emFrey
- "My Best Time Is Now"Model and wellness expert Maye Musk opens up about life, health, parenting three famous children, and having fun. Here, she sits down for an exclusive interview with Maria Rodale, chairman and chief executive officer of Rodale. 126emFrey
- What It's Like To Wake Up From A Coma That No One Expected You To Recover FromDoctors were shocked when Lizzie Asher woke up from a 3-week-long coma. No one thought she would even survive, let alone make a full recovery. Watch her incredible story of thriving against all odds. 126emFrey
- The 100-Year-Old Athlete Who Proves That Anyone Can Run (Even You!)At 67, Ida Keeling ran her first competitive race. And that was just the beginning for the now 100-year-old record-setting runner. She and her daughter, Shelley, a 64-year-old track coach and fellow competitive athlete, prove that the physical and mental benefits of exercise are well worth the hard work. 126emFrey