We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 58,665 hits
- Sally K Witt, Internet Success 4 You! is out! ln.is/paper.li/sally… Stories via @Blue5lover @EzhaSan @FuckYourFaceFFF 2 hours ago
- Child Trauma Resources via @operationsafe opsafeintl.com/child-trauma-r… ⊕ I-donate-my-voice.For-additional.info/click-the-link… 3 hours ago
- Thanks to my top interactors! @Cheeback @MediaRings @TheMrBlueprint @musfaca @alphabetsuccess via ln.is/www.tweetjukeb… 3 hours ago
- 21 Mouthwatering Sunday Lunches In London - ln.is/www.buzzfeed.c… 4 hours ago
- Why business partnerships should be treated like a marriage - ln.is/theglobeandmai… 4 hours ago
- 7 Reasons Your Vagina Is Itchy Beyond BeliefWhitney C. Harris for WomensHealth.comIt's not exactly easy to scratch an itch down there, which is why it's so frustrating when it happens (and sometimes it's like it comes completely out of nowhere, right?). Vaginal itching can be caused by something as simple as your period products—but in other cases, it can actually be a symptom of a more […]emitchell
- 7 Reasons To Swap Your Breakfast Cereal For EggsThe Editors of Rodale's Organic LifeMany Americans were raised on the theory that eggs were loaded with artery-clogging cholesterol, and that eating them was a surefire way to promote coronary heart disease. That couldn't be further from the truth. When Wake Forest University researchers reviewed some of the top scientific studies, they found no li […]mmessing
- Bored With Greek Yogurt? 6 Others You Should TryMaggie PuniewskaA few years back, the most "adventurous" yogurt you could grab at the supermarket was key lime pie-flavored. Fast-forward to today, and a trip to the dairy aisle feels like an international expedition. Yes, Greek yogurt has seen a huge uptick in popularity, but now the flavor palette also extends up to Scandinavia, across continents […]mmessing
- 4 Moves For A Firmer ButtSelene YeagerDo these exercises in addition to a regular walking routine for toned glutes. You'll work all your glutes—from the big gluteus maximus, which powers you forward, to the smaller medius and minimus muscles, which ensure a smooth stride—from every angle for a firmer, curvier posterior. A set is 8 to 12 repetitions, unless otherwise indicated. […]mmessing
- The More You Sweat, The Longer You'll Live?Emma HaakSteam-room devotees have been onto something all along: More time in the sauna could lower your risk of a premature death. When researchers looked at the habits of 2,315 middle-aged men, they found that those who logged 4 to 7 weekly sessions were 50% less likely to develop fatal cardiovascular diseases and 40% less likely to die young. The longer t […]emitchell
- What's Really In Your Hot Dog?Stephanie Eckelkamp for EatClean.comSay whatever you want about cylindrical meat tubes, but we're guessing you eat hot dogs: The National Hot Dog and Sausage Council estimates the average American consumes around 70 dogs per year. Given our ravenous collective appetite for meat sticks, we think it's time everyone knows what's really in hot dog […]emitchell
- The Healthiest Bean You Can Eat Is...The Editors of Men's HealthTrying to identify the healthiest bean is no simple task. But here goes: while all legumes are nutritious, the tiny garbanzo is a class-leading bean. A cup of canned garbanzos (a.k.a. chickpeas) provides 18 grams of protein, including every amino acid necessary for muscle growth, says Rebecca Scritchfield, RD, a dietitian in W […]mmessing
- 6 Things Your Snoring Could Say About YouMarkham HeidSawing logs may be bad news for more than just your bedmate. People who snore heavily and suffer from sleep apnea run into thinking and memory problems a decade earlier than their easy-breathing friends, finds a study from Neurology. It's not clear how heavy snoring and breathing trouble could bring on cognitive decline. But the study […]emitchell
- 13 Hairstyles That Take Off YearsThese age-flattering styles may have been inspired by the red carpet, but they're simple and stylish enough to wear whether you're running errands or going out to dinner. Grab your blow dryer and get ready to refresh your look in minutes with these step-by-step tips from top stylists. MORE: 15 Women Who Rock Gray Hairmmessing
- Try This Quick Exercise To Relieve Your Stress FastSara Altshul and Martha Howard, MDStress throws your whole body out of balance, not to mention your mind. To neutralize and counter those effects, psychologist Rollin McCraty, PhD, developed a program called HeartMath, which involves actively cultivating positive feelings, such as appreciation, care, and compassion. McCraty has used one technique, called […]emitchell