We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 58,991 hits
- [PC] Battlefield Hardline #game #review ln.is/lnkd.in/Z3ZHk 2 hours ago
- @rubensjose Your tweet is now featured on my @RebelMouse http://t.co/kKypwQt5eA *bump it* rbl.ms/1dCENaJ 2 hours ago
- RT @rubensjose: If you want to change the world, you have to first change your thoughts about what you see in it. by @DrJLHarter http://t.c… 2 hours ago
- Blue Curacao sorbet - Recipe #recipe pinterest.com/pin/1280718016… 2 hours ago
- Сhocolate Mole - Recipe #recipe pinterest.com/pin/1280718016… 2 hours ago
- 9 Things No One Ever Tells You About Getting A Hip ReplacementA little over three months ago, I had a hip arthroplasty, otherwise known as a Total Hip Replacement, at age 42 (OK, it was a week before my 43rd birthday, but I'm sticking with 42). I know I'm not the youngest by far to get a THR, but I am indeed below the average age of 65+ for this orthopedic procedure. I needed it. My decrepit right hip basical […]emitchell
- The 8 Most Preventable Cancers—And How To Slash Your RiskCancer often hits like a bolt of lightning—totally unforeseen, seemingly random, chalked up to a bad genetic hand or other forces outside of our control. But at least a third of all cancer cases are actually preventable, according to the World Health Organization. And with an estimated 1,658,370 new cases expected to be diagnosed this year (not including bas […]szdanow
- How To Turn Off Your Weight Gain HormonesHere's a mind-bender: Being overweight often has nothing to do with calories or exercise. For a huge number of us, the problem is instead about misfiring hormones. Research is still catching up with this paradigm shift, which has yet to be comprehensively studied. But seeing how this revelation has helped my patients (and me) slim down and feel better g […]mmessing
- Your Ultimate Anti-Aging Walking WorkoutWe've been putting one foot in front of the other for so long that it's easy to forget that walking is one of the most effective ways to look and feel 10 (or even 20!) years younger. "Just 30 to 45 minutes 5 days a week combats so many unwanted side effects of aging, including weight gain, a slow metabolism, diabetes, depression, high blood pr […]mmessing
- 8 Foods With A Big Weight Loss SecretIf you're new to the world of resistant starch, here's what you need to know: Resistant starch (or RS) is a type of carbohydrate that we can't digest, so it has no caloric value. But it's not just a one-trick pony: Research shows RS can also help us lose weight by decreasing hunger and fat storage while increasing fat burn. Plus, it may e […]mmessing
- What Your Favorite TV Show Says About Your PersonalityYou know what you like about your favorite show, whether it’s the plot twists, one-liners, or rich characters. But what does your show say about you? Recent research from Tip Tap Labs, a software company that applies psychological analysis to social media commentary, has found that our viewing habits say a lot about our personality. If you like Parks and R […]emFrey
- 25 Thoughts Everybody Has In Their First Yoga ClassYou walk into your very first yoga class with absolutely no idea what to expect. Lights are dimmed, soft music is playing, and there's a whole lot of spandex. Here's what's probably going through your head... 1. Yoga mat (check), towel (check), water (check). I got this! (I hope) 2. The music is so relaxing. I feel more Zen already. 3. Whoa, […]szdanow
- 11 Ways To Sleep Better TonightWhile sleep needs vary, most adults require 7 to 9 hours per night. The best way to determine how much sleep you need is to do a little experiment: First, try to catch up on sleep for several nights on a weeklong vacation during which you can turn in when you're tired and wake up without an alarm clock. Once your sleep debt has been replenished, keep tr […]emitchell
- The Unbelievable Reason You're Short On Vitamin DNutrition experts have been grumbling for years that the government got our vitamin D recommendations wrong. When the Institute of Medicine (IOM) guidelines of 600 IU a day were released in 2010, respected Harvard professor Walter Willett, MD, primary researcher behind the Mediterranean Diet, stated publicly that this wasn't enough—especially for people […]mmessing
- 10 Stuffed Avocado Recipes You're About To Start CravingAvocados: they’re not just for guacamole. Proof? These 10 delectable blogger recipes, all featuring avocados scooped and loaded with delicious fillings, perfect for lunch, dinner and everything in between. MORE: 8 Avocado Hacks You Needszdanow