We were not sure we were ready to leave the beautiful country of Kenya. The weather was gorgeous, the surroundings sometimes beautiful, sometimes moving, and the people were inspiring. Those we spent time with in Kenya were a blessing to us even as we tried to be a blessing to them. Friday was especially emotional for us as we had to say goodbye to all of the babies we cared for and the little children we taught and spent time with. But we are so grateful that our family had the opportunity to go to Kenya, serve God and His children, learn from another culture, and experience much of the beauty there.
We want to thank our friends and family that helped us to get here by donating and praying for us. Every time we encouraged and loved a child or adult there, you were all with us. We are also grateful to those who donated items to give to the people in Kenya. Everything that was given, from coloring books and crayons to soccer balls, games, and clothes were all so well received and appreciated. Every time we took out a coloring book or activity or ball, the children got so excited and had a blast with them. This trip truly was a team effort, so thank you for being a part of the team.
Here are some of the highlights:
Taking care and loving the babies at Angels Home. We connected with each one in a special way there.
Enjoying working at each one of the projects…interacting with the babies at Angels, helping teach and lead the preschoolers at LCC-K, and getting to know the kids that live at LCC’s children home.
Interacting with kids from a whole different country.
Going on safari and seeing wildlife in action in their natural habitat. Also staying in a luxury tent right in the middle of the bush and having awesome Maasai guides and guards to take care of our stay there.
Meeting Winnie, our sponsored child of 11 years with Compassion Int’l. She is doing phenomenally well!
(She was showing us all of the pictures she kept that we sent her over the years.)
Though the situation was looking dire and discouraging for baby Grace at Angels Home, she was rescued from her dehydration just in time when she was taken to the hospital and put on IV fluids immediately. The baby orphanage staff were meeting with a nutritionist on Monday to learn about Grace’s needs (as well as some other babies there) to help them with malnutrition. We are so grateful that God answered our prayers in ways that we
Copied with permission from the Simpson’s blog
Calvary Chapel Mercer County Church Office
76 Hopatcong Drive Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648
Office Phone: 609.530.9524
Office fax: 609.771.8003
If you are in Mercer County, NJ you can visit one of our services or fellowship groups. We are a wonderful contemporary nondenominational Christian church .. There are 2 campuses and you can attend services in Ewing or Robbinsville. It is a friendly and welcoming group!
We are fortunate to have two wonderful pastors and their families at our church, Pastor Scott Turansky and Pastor Gregg Downs.
Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
- 58,207 hits
- Sally K Witt, Internet Success 4 You! is out! ln.is/paper.li/sally… Stories via @RidhoHnf @DAMOCHE_901 @ImQueenSelena 1 hour ago
- Repost from @yogaarmy via igrepost_app, My Father's #organic #avocado #tree is rocking this year… ln.is/instagram.com/… 4 hours ago
- Repost from @ramikantari via igrepost_app, #Repost @trampleedesigns with repostapp.⁰・・・⁰#Repost… ln.is/instagram.com/… 4 hours ago
- Repost from snowinri via igrepost_app ln.is/instagram.com/… 4 hours ago
- Repost from @hijiri_kouya via igrepost_app, おはようございます^_^ありがとうございます*\(^o^)/* ln.is/instagram.com/… 4 hours ago
- 4 Makeup Tricks To Look Polished In Less Than 5 Minutesmakeup tutorialspvnrodale
- 8 Incredibly Compelling Reasons To Eat A Bit More Fiberfiberheart-healthy foodsFoods for Weight Losshealthy habits MORE: This Is Your Body On Chocolate FoodHealth Benefits Of FiberBy 0Caroline Praderiofibermmessing
- Use This Quick Trick To Start Cleaning Up Your Diet TodayEat Cleanhealthy lunch ideasnutritionYou know the benefits of eating clean, but the idea of overhauling your entire diet is daunting. So where do you start? Faced with this overwhelming dilemma, most people do exactly the same thing: Nothing. Some get stalled by the false belief that you can go from a frozen-dinner-eating couch potato to a farmers'-mark […]emitchell
- 7 Healthier Versions Of Classic Peanut Butter RecipesFoods for Weight Lossnutritionquick recipesWho hates peanut butter? In my experience, people either like it, LOVE it, or can't eat it because they're allergic or have some other dietary restriction (poor souls). Count me in the peanut butter lovers camp — as in, I have to practice serious self control to not eat it all day every day, and if there […]szdanow
- The Sneaky Health-Food Ingredient That Could Be Making You FatEat CleanFood Trendsweight loss mistakesnutritionNewsSkim the labels on nearly any packaged food and you're bound to find more than a few ingredients that aren't in your kitchen cabinets. But while you're fretting about high-fructose this and artificial that, scientists have discovered a new threat: emulsifiers—chemicals that make normally unm […]mmessing
- Oh Great, Sun Damage Continues Even When You Go Insidesun protectionskin careNewsWe always thought that heading indoors was a surefire way to bring the day’s sun damage to a grinding halt. But now science says that notion is wrong: Skin damage from UV rays continues for hours even after you’ve gotten out of the sun, according to a new study published in Science. And this sneaky damage could ultimately lead to s […]szdanow
- 7 Things Your Gas Is Trying To Tell Youdigestive healthweird health symptomsWe hate to break it to you, but gas is just a fact of life—sure, it can be uncomfortable and embarrassing, but it happens to the best of us. But if you're dealing with more frequent gas than usual, your body might be trying to send you some hints about how it's functioning. Read on to see if one of these culprit […]szdanow
- 10 Brilliant Uses For Orange PeelsHealthy Homehealthy habitsSure, you could just toss your orange peel—or better yet, compost it—but why not get a bit more use out of it? The folks at First For Women have you covered with these clever uses. 1. Keep Fluffy out of your plants You set your new plant on a shelf but still worry your cat might jump up and try to munch on the leaves, which are mil […]mmessing
- The #1 Reason You're Not Achieving Your Weight Loss Goalweight loss mistakesweight loss tipsWho hasn't set out to achieve a weight-loss goal—whether it's to drop those last five pounds or look great in a specific little black dress—but not followed through? We hate to break it to you, but there was a problem with your previous approach: Your goal, while admirable, wasn't specific or actionable enou […]emitchell
- How Great Is This? Sex After 50 Years Of Marriage Becomes Even More Frequent marriageBetter SexRelationship AdviceYoung couples have all the fun in bed, right? And senior citizens don't even have sex, do they? Surprise! Not only do seniors get busy, but once they've been married 50 years, they're likely to rustle the sheets more often. Those are the findings of research published in The Archives of Sexual Behavior, bas […]emitchell