Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 58,476 hits
- Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. - Maria Robinson #quote 2 hours ago
- @BestBetOnTheWeb --Thanks for the retweet!!-- 2 hours ago
- @GoldschmPlaar --Thanks for the retweet!!-- 2 hours ago
- @RikkiArundel --Thanks for the retweet!!-- 2 hours ago
- @godsent247 --Thanks for the retweet!!-- 2 hours ago
- Pesticides In Produce May Lower Sperm Count By HalfSarah KleinGuys, you may want to be a little bit pickier about your produce. A new study has found a link between pesticides in fruit and veggies and a lower sperm count. The research, published online in the journal Human Reproduction, showed that men who ate the most produce with high levels of pesticide residue had a 49% lower total sperm count and 32% fe […]szdanow
- 10 Brilliant Uses For Tea BagsFirst for Women Smart SolutionsWait! Don't just toss that soggy black tea bag. The folks at First For Women have uses for those bags you've never even considered. 1. Ward off an unsightly bruise Ouch! You banged your knee on the coffee table, and you just know it'll result in a nasty bruise. To minimize the mark, soak a black tea bag in water […]mmessing
- 8 Things To Never Do When You're Sleep DeprivedAviva PatzWhen there are anvils on your eyelids and still more hours of daylight to burn, it's tempting to try to kick yourself awake with caffeine or sneak in some extra zzz's. Thing is, many of the moves we commonly make to wipe away sleepiness will almost certainly backfire. "Our circadian rhythms, or sleep cycle, require consistency," […]mmessing
- 5 Surprising Foods That Can Help You Lose WeightJulia Westbrook for Rodalenews.comNothing against vegetables, lean protein, and healthy fats, but can't we get something new on the menu? We get it, avocados are amazing, and if you haven't loaded up on your leafy greens, you're doing it wrong. Fortunately, scientists keep discovering new foods to add to your diet to help you get healthy witho […]mmessing
- 6 Things Your Joint Pain Is Trying To Tell YouJessica MigalaWe're all probably a little too familiar with joint pain, but less so with the outlier conditions than can cause it (it's not always arthritis and osteoarthritis). Though many things can contribute to the ache, here are 6 to think about: You're having a reaction to your meds Meds may be designed to treat you, but certain ones, pa […]szdanow
- 4 Hair Supplements Beauty Insiders Swear ByEmily RekstisYou can pop a pill for pain, sleeplessness, even acne, but when it comes thinning hair and getting stronger, thicker, longer hair, it's a little less clear which supplements work and which are a total waste of time. The only way to know for sure is to try them yourself—or talk to people who already have. We got the scoop from top stylists o […]emitchell
- What It's Like To Be Diagnosed With Alzheimer's At Age 59Sarah KleinJournalist Greg O'Brien was just 59 when he was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's, the same disease that killed his maternal grandfather and mother. In his memoir, On Pluto: Inside the Mind of Alzheimer's, O'Brien chronicles what it feels like to slowly lose his memory. Since the book was published in September 2014, he ha […]mmessing
- Tone Your Butt Without Doing A Single Squat Or LungeChris FreytagSquats and lunges are two exercises that work their way into almost every butt workout. Perhaps you're just sick of doing squats, or maybe they bother your knees—no matter the reason, we're guessing it's time for a much-needed break. This workout is designed to tighten and tone your backside without any form of a squat or lunge. N […]mmessing
- 10 Exercises That Burn More Calories Than RunningAmanda MacMillian for Menshealth.comWe're huge fans of running. It allows you to get a stress-reducing, endurance-boosting workout with just a pair of shoes and an open road. It also burns calories, of course. At a 10-minute per mile pace, you'll fry about 10 calories a minute. That's a solid number, and if you run faster, you can burn even m […]szdanow
- The Happiest Way To Live 7.5 Years LongerHere's some positive news for a change: The older you get, the happier you'll feel. Need convincing? Check out this impressive list of benefits that come with every extra birthday candle from the folks at Happify.com. Happify is both a website and mobile app geared towards improving people’s emotional well-being through scientifically-proven activi […]mmessing