Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 58,677 hits
- This is a fire going on near Jim Thorpe, PA - see the note below the post from Michelle for more info. Here is a... fb.me/42cmnRAe6 6 minutes ago
- Sally K Witt, Internet Success 4 You! is out! ln.is/paper.li/sally… Stories via @shegzy_spd @EzhaSan @_TweetManiac 22 minutes ago
- Imagine - John Lennon fb.me/461DmDDXh 26 minutes ago
- Awesome!!!! fb.me/1KfRM0mzk 33 minutes ago
- I am not alone. opsafeintl.com #childtrauma via @operationsafe ⊕ I-donate-my-voice.For-additional.info/click-the-link… 1 hour ago
- 18 Inspirational Health Quotes From Your Favorite CelebritiesAmanda KellyIf you're struggling with a diagnosis, dealing with depression, or just trying to find motivation to exercise, it can help to know that you're not alone. The celebrities below have been though it all, and have some wise words to share about wellness. On Cancer "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. So the only thing to re […]emitchell
- One Woman's Amazing 155-Pound Weight Loss StoryAllison Robins for Zumba StoriesAlena Shifrin spent much of her life overweight, checking in at over 305 pounds as far back as college. She was smiling on the outside, but felt trapped and sad on the inside. Her husband Seth, whom she met and fell in love with in college, always found her beautiful, and never made her feel uncomfortable or pressured her to l […]emitchell
- 9 Gross Beauty Habits That Aren't Doing You Any FavorsKrista Bennett DeMaioYou keep hand sanitizer in your bag, never touch anything in a public restroom, and wouldn’t dream of following the 5-second rule. But when it comes to your beauty routine, there’s a good chance you’re unknowingly exposing yourself to infection-causing bacteria, mold, and more. Find out which of your dirty little beauty secrets are just […]szdanow
- This Is The Most Promising Lead Yet On A Cure For Alzheimer'sHarriet BrownHelene DeCoste senses the news could be bad before she and her husband, Russ, even take their seats in the doctor's office. Instead of the one neurologist they expected to see, there are two, and that can't be good. In a moment the couple will have the answer they've been waiting for, an answer that will determine a lot about Hele […]mmessing
- 7 Reasons Your Vagina Is Itchy Beyond BeliefWhitney C. Harris for WomensHealth.comIt's not exactly easy to scratch an itch down there, which is why it's so frustrating when it happens (and sometimes it's like it comes completely out of nowhere, right?). Vaginal itching can be caused by something as simple as your period products—but in other cases, it can actually be a symptom of a more […]emitchell
- 7 Reasons To Swap Your Breakfast Cereal For EggsThe Editors of Rodale's Organic LifeMany Americans were raised on the theory that eggs were loaded with artery-clogging cholesterol, and that eating them was a surefire way to promote coronary heart disease. That couldn't be further from the truth. When Wake Forest University researchers reviewed some of the top scientific studies, they found no li […]mmessing
- Bored With Greek Yogurt? 6 Others You Should TryMaggie PuniewskaA few years back, the most "adventurous" yogurt you could grab at the supermarket was key lime pie-flavored. Fast-forward to today, and a trip to the dairy aisle feels like an international expedition. Yes, Greek yogurt has seen a huge uptick in popularity, but now the flavor palette also extends up to Scandinavia, across continents […]mmessing
- 4 Moves For A Firmer ButtSelene YeagerDo these exercises in addition to a regular walking routine for toned glutes. You'll work all your glutes—from the big gluteus maximus, which powers you forward, to the smaller medius and minimus muscles, which ensure a smooth stride—from every angle for a firmer, curvier posterior. A set is 8 to 12 repetitions, unless otherwise indicated. […]mmessing
- The More You Sweat, The Longer You'll Live?Emma HaakSteam-room devotees have been onto something all along: More time in the sauna could lower your risk of a premature death. When researchers looked at the habits of 2,315 middle-aged men, they found that those who logged 4 to 7 weekly sessions were 50% less likely to develop fatal cardiovascular diseases and 40% less likely to die young. The longer t […]emitchell
- What's Really In Your Hot Dog?Stephanie Eckelkamp for EatClean.comSay whatever you want about cylindrical meat tubes, but we're guessing you eat hot dogs: The National Hot Dog and Sausage Council estimates the average American consumes around 70 dogs per year. Given our ravenous collective appetite for meat sticks, we think it's time everyone knows what's really in hot dog […]emitchell