Every once in a while Empire Avenue does something new and exciting. The Shareholder awards through Missions are very motivating and successful.
A person or company on Empire Avenue will use a block of their “eaves” or virtual money to do a campaign, asking for other members to do an activity in order to claim their reward of a certain number of eaves.
Usually the mission is for 500 or 1,000 eaves. I have seen some for 5,000 – but that is rare.
The cash value of eaves is not that relevant, but if you were to buy 6,000 eaves with cash, it would cost $5.00. The reason that it is not that relevant, is the “power players’ earn thousands of eaves every morning from their investments.
The Missions can be almost anything. Here are some examples-
Insider Perks is developing and promoting pages and videos on their website on travel destinations. They do one or two missions a day to get members to view their page, watch the video, and use the buttons to share their page on Twitter, Google+ and more. It is fun to see their videos every day! Their missions are typically for 500 eaves each. Today they are doing a blitz for the holiday and doing many missions, one after the other!!
Dashburst offered 1,000 eaves to each person who viewed and followed them on tumblr.
Chris Pirillo often does 500 eave missions asking us to watch his Locker Gnome Daily report on youtube.
My friend Bob Warren did one today for 500 eaves just to say Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t be afraid of trying missions, it is fun!
Sally K Witt
Social Media and Ministry
- 61,807 hits
- HotStocks is now following me on Twitter! Thank you for the follow - Always #followback #FamilyFriendly only twitter.com/HotStocks_1 47 minutes ago
- Robert Waterson is now following me on Twitter! Thank you for the follow - Always #followback #FamilyFriendly only twitter.com/Robert_Waters1 54 minutes ago
- Top story: @brielarson: 'Call me Captain Marvel. ' https://t.co/pChBGNrsnv, see more tweetedtimes.com/stephenfry?s=t… 1 hour ago
- Top story: Benedict Cumberbatch is a total jerk in 'Doctor Strange' (before he'… mashable.com/2016/07/24/ben…, see more tweetedtimes.com/sallykwitt?s=t… 1 hour ago
- The City Waves is now following me on Twitter! Thank you for the follow - Always #followback #FamilyFriendly only twitter.com/TheCityWaves 2 hours ago
- Meet The Incredible Woman Who Changed The Face Of Rhythmic GymnasticsWendy Hilliard's gymnastics career began in the front yard of her childhood home, and took her all the way to the National Championships a record-setting nine times. But it was her fight for recognition as a black gymnast that ignited her passion for athlete advocacy and inspired her to start her own foundation. 126emFrey
- A Double Dose Of PeaceWe have a two-step relaxation exercise for you this month. If the actual art of paper folding feels intimidating to you, check out the August issue of Prevention magazine for Step One: your own tear-out, origami-inspired coloring page. Below, you’ll find Step Two: instructions for two of the modular forms in the new book Zen Origami, which puts a mindful twi […]emFrey
- 11 Ways To Eat An AvocadoThink guacamole is your only option? C'mon, you can do better than that. Here, 11 delicious and inventive ways to get more avocado in your life. 126emFrey
- 1 in 3 Americans Would Use Medical Marijuana. Are You One Of Them?Marijuana is steadily gaining traction as a legitimate treatment for everything from severe migraines to arthritis—so much so that a third of Americans would be extremely or very likely to use it to treat their pain if advised by a doctor, reveals a new Prevention survey. Among the other compelling findings of the survey, in which Prevention interviewed a na […]emFrey
- 5 Bedtime Beverages That Can Help You Lose WeightThere's not much worse than a night of tossing and turning in the sack. After all, poor sleep is intricately tied to weight gain, skewed hormone levels, next-day munchies, and blood sugar and insulin issues, says Bridget Murphy, RDN, CDN, at NYU Langone Medical Center. To score some quality shuteye, you've got to be careful about what you sip befor […]emitchell
- Color Yourself CalmA few colored pencils are all it takes to turn a plain page into your own Zen masterpiece. Check out the July issue of Prevention magazine for your own tear-out page, and look below to get inspired with completed versions of the seascape from Wales-based illustrator Anastasia Catris, (Instagram: @AnastasiaCatris). Illustration by anastasia cartris Full color […]emFrey
- Nourish Your Body Through MovementGive your movement-starved body the nutrients it needs with these gentle corrective exercises from biomechanist Katy Bowman. They target areas of the body that—in our culture of sitting, keyboarding work, and heeled shoes—are frequently undernourished. Add these moves to your day for a more balanced movement diet, and within a few weeks you should be able to […]emFrey
- "My Best Time Is Now"Model and wellness expert Maye Musk opens up about life, health, parenting three famous children, and having fun. Here, she sits down for an exclusive interview with Maria Rodale, chairman and chief executive officer of Rodale. [brightcove_audio:4924955970001] 126emFrey
- What It's Like To Wake Up From A Coma That No One Expected You To Recover FromDoctors were shocked when Lizzie Asher woke up from a 3-week-long coma. No one thought she would even survive, let alone make a full recovery. Watch her incredible story of thriving against all odds. 126emFrey
- The 100-Year-Old Athlete Who Proves That Anyone Can Run (Even You!)At 67, Ida Keeling ran her first competitive race. And that was just the beginning for the now 100-year-old record-setting runner. She and her daughter, Shelley, a 64-year-old track coach and fellow competitive athlete, prove that the physical and mental benefits of exercise are well worth the hard work. 126emFrey